Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

This is why we need one purchase to rule them all. The Switch version looks as good as it possibly can, however your purchase is locked to the Switch. Imagine if we can just purchase the game digitally and play it on either system. Play the better version at home and the Switch version on the go. 😮

I am hoping xCloud makes this somewhat possible. 😊

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

The problem with Xcloud is then you are using streaming......blech.

It would be great if devices like the smachZ and GPD win were more common place. thats it then. job done. buy it on one store and play it on either type of device.

Hell maybe MS may consider taking a crack at it. a surface gaming handheld PC of some sort. could be interesting. though they would be very tempted to limit it to xbox which would not be ideal.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

That Switch version though...

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Pedro: There's just 1 problem and its a BIG one, each company MS/Nintendo/Sony get a cut for each game that is sold on the platform they own. This is why this will never happen.

Then MS/Nintendo/Sony would want more of a cut because game sales would drop, and then devs would add more ways in game to make money, and there is multiple reasons this simply won't work.

And to be honest its a dumb argument to begin with. What is it with you Pedro, saying all games should be on every platform, buy one version play it on any/every device. If i didn't know any better i'd say you were poor and should get a better paying job lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

The Switch offers GC graphics in the end of 2020. How impressive.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

That name change though lel.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Even I can spot the difference. Wow, the Switch version looks distractingly ugly. It’s time for something new. So Nintendo can resell all their classics yet again lol.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts

Switch games are in full potato mode now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro

@i_p_daily said:

@Pedro: There's just 1 problem and its a BIG one, each company MS/Nintendo/Sony get a cut for each game that is sold on the platform they own. This is why this will never happen.

Then MS/Nintendo/Sony would want more of a cut because game sales would drop, and then devs would add more ways in game to make money, and there is multiple reasons this simply won't work.

And to be honest its a dumb argument to begin with. What is it with you Pedro, saying all games should be on every platform, buy one version play it on any/every device. If i didn't know any better i'd say you were poor and should get a better paying job lol.

The majority of games are already on on most platforms and you obviously don't know better if you think this notion is because I am poor. Its amazing how you can put out a solid argument only to follow it up with stupidity. 🙄

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Kid Icarus in Hyrule lol.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

I don't remember those levels from Breath of The Wild. And why does Link look funny? 🤔

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

The other thing is that each console has its own unique requirements for licensing and release, and that also costs money, time, and most importantly things that are unique to that console.

For a AAA title, getting a game running on a different console costs roughly a million dollars (outside of the development costs of actually making the game; that's just the cost of taking the thing that's already been made and going through the steps to get it running and certified to release on PlayStation, for example).

Cross-platform purchases would be great, but it's not going to happen.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I want your GameCube. It is clearly a magic one.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@techhog89 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I want your GameCube. It is clearly a magic one.

No, just a simple GC from 2001. Its always great to go back 19y to experience "vintage" visuals.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

I'll be honest, when the video started, I thought it was the Switch version and looked pretty damn good. But then it turns out it was the PS5 version.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#16 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Isn't it interesting that someone will actually buys the game on Switch.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

It's fine for people who only play on Switch, or wanna game on handhelds instead of sitting in front of a tv constantly. But yeah, it's time for Nintendo to put out a more powerful hybrid.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@sakaixx said:

Isn't it interesting that someone will actually buys the game on Switch.

On-the-bus gamers will

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

On-the-bus gamers will

Then you stream with Stadia. 😈

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Replied to this thread before. But I just can‘t get over the pink fog the world is covered in on the Switch version 😂

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

Wind Waker from 2002 looks better 🤣
The Switch visuals were always bad, but now its getting to pathetic levels, literally. And visuals aren't the only thing either. It is most certainly running poorly and have 30x longer loadings than its competition. But the system is selling like crazy, so why replace what's working? Lets all enjoy these visuals in 20fps and 1.30min loading screens 😁

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Pedro: Steaming games bwahahahaha...let me catch my breath...bwahahahaha!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@vfighter said:

Not an issue if you have a great internet, and not playing competitively.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro

@vfighter said:

Streaming is here to stay whether you like it or not. I love that its existence upset so many backward thinking gamers. 😂

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@Pedro: I wouldn't expect a AAA and/or large developer/publisher to really want this. At all. Too much money lost. A lot of people seem to enjoy having a console/PC (stationary) and a mobile device (Switch, smart phone), and this would essentially halve any potential double-sales of the game.

Independent and "by gamer, for gamer" developers might do this, though!

Would be really nice to see. And who knows? Maybe the future is a bit more open; cross-play, and one-game-all-platforms might be the standard.

One can hope.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Pedro said:
@i_p_daily said:

The majority of games are already on on most platforms and you obviously don't know better if you think this notion is because I am poor. Its amazing how you can put out a solid argument only to follow it up with stupidity. 🙄

That poor part was me having fun, you of all people should know this by now lol.

But yeah the money issue is the issue that will stop this from happening. And as you can see from the thread on the main page here, plenty still double dip.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@i_p_daily said:

That poor part was me having fun, you of all people should know this by now lol.

But yeah the money issue is the issue that will stop this from happening. And as you can see from the thread on the main page here, plenty still double dip.

Sometimes I cannot tell if you are being serious or not. My wishful thinking on accessibility of games is just that, wishful thinking. 😥

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Pedro said:
@i_p_daily said:

Sometimes I cannot tell if you are being serious or not. My wishful thinking on accessibility of games is just that, wishful thinking. 😥

Yeah hard to tell whether someone's having a joke or not.

And money wins over accessibility every time.