Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Link

Back in the Fall of 2018, Sony relented and let the PS4 version of Fortnite join the crossplay party. It was promised more PS4 games would getting crossplay soon, and then…nothing happened. Thankfully, after months of radio silence, Sony is opening up again and letting Rocket League join the PS4 Crossplay Beta program. That means, as of today, PS4 owners can engage in some car soccer with players from all other platforms. Rocket League’s cross-platform party system is also coming soon.

Rocket League developer Psynoix had the following to say about true crossplay finally coming to their game…

We are thrilled to announce that starting right now, Rocket League has entered the PlayStation Crossplay Beta program! Players on all platforms can now randomly matchmake with or against each other in all Online match types (i.e. Casual, Competitive, and Extra Modes). But what about cross-platform parties? In our first update this year (more information coming soon), we will release our cross-platform party system, which allows you to partner up with friends on any platform with the push of a few buttons.

Today’s announcement is an important one for us here at Psyonix, because we know how much our community has wanted full cross-platform support for quite some time. It’s because of you, our fans, and our generous partners on all systems and services that have made this possible in the first place. On behalf of the entire team, THANK YOU for your passion and persistence as we continue to do our best to make Rocket League the best experience we can.

To enable Rocket League crossplay, just head into Options, select Gameplay tab, then check the Cross-Platform Play box. You can now play private matches with anybody from any platform.

Rocket League is available now on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.

-----------------------

I remember some people here saying that Sony doesn't need Crossplay and tried to meme about staying in their bubble! LULZ, Crossplay is inevitable.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

PS4 had crossplay with PC way before xbox did it

and PS4 rocket league was free on PS+ while its never been free on xbox or switch they charge 20 dollars an insane fee and online AND you couldn't even play iwth ps4 i dunno about PC either

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

No one cares though.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FireEmblem_Man
@ProtossRushX said:

and PS4 rocket league was free on PS+ while its never been free on xbox or switch they charge 20 dollars an insane fee and online AND you couldn't even play iwth ps4 i dunno about PC either

LOL, so? Everything can crossplay with PC, but not with other consoles. Don't care if Rocket League was free, they deserve the money they're selling an awesome title.

@jcrame10 said:

No one cares though.

You don't care, but I do, as I can play against friends who own a PS4 only and play Rocket League online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

This might actually be pretty groundbreaking news. That would make Rocket League the first game ever that can be played across all current platforms, right?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Yep. Crossplay is indeed inevitable, it has too much value for consumers and developers not to be. Nice to see another game become crossplay enabled for all platforms. Hopefully we’ll see other games start joining in much more quickly.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

good news

hopefully we see more of this

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Well after that recent study I think cows won't be playing crossplay as they don't want their arses kicked lol.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

Good news for Lems and Sheep who can use as many players as they can get lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Sony didn't have a choice in the end, so good news for gamers & bad news for Sony.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Great news for Xbox One fans to face less skilled ps4 opponents for easy Achivements!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

Ah. Nice to see the idiot Sony fanboys eat their words.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@Litchie said:

Ah. Nice to see the idiot Sony fanboys eat their words.

I really didn't care for Cross-play myself and it didn't matter to me who's it for but in Sony's case, I say this is good news for all gamers in the end.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44063 Posts

lol

Poo cows. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

Back in the Fall of 2018, Sony relented and let the PS4 version of Fortnite join the crossplay party. It was promised more PS4 games would getting crossplay soon, and then…nothing happened. Thankfully, after months of radio silence, Sony is opening up again and letting Rocket League join the PS4 Crossplay Beta program. That means, as of today, PS4 owners can engage in some car soccer with players from all other platforms. Rocket League’s cross-platform party system is also coming soon.

Rocket League developer Psynoix had the following to say about true crossplay finally coming to their game…

To enable Rocket League crossplay, just head into Options, select Gameplay tab, then check the Cross-Platform Play box. You can now play private matches with anybody from any platform.

-----------------------

I remember some people here saying that Sony doesn't need Crossplay and tried to meme about staying in their bubble! LULZ, Crossplay is inevitable.

Hahahahaa this game had cross play on PS4 before it was even release on xbox,and when the xbox one version came did not even had cross play with PC or any other platform.

So basically what the game got was the ability to play with switch and xbox which is not a trend in 100% of all multiplayer gamers or close.

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@ProtossRushX said:

LOL, so? Everything can crossplay with PC, but not with other consoles. Don't care if Rocket League was free, they deserve the money they're selling an awesome title.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/x1-rocket-league-wont-have-crossplay-because-micro-32818580/

The only reason why cross play is a must now for Nintendo and MS is because sony simply has the numbers while the other 2 don't.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

Oh I knew one of you idiot fanboys would say this stupid shit. Xbox has just as many active players playing as Playstation on a platform that has more consoles and the game was released free on the platform. You should keep your mouth shut until you actually have real facts next time!

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FireEmblem_Man
@tormentos said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

-----------------------

Hahahahaa this game had cross play on PS4 before it was even release on xbox,and when the xbox one version came did not even had cross play with PC or any other platform.

So basically what the game got was the ability to play with switch and xbox which is not a trend in 100% of all multiplayer gamers or close.

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@ProtossRushX said:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/x1-rocket-league-wont-have-crossplay-because-micro-32818580/

The only reason why cross play is a must now for Nintendo and MS is because sony simply has the numbers while the other 2 don't.

So sorry that you stink in Online Multiplayer

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tormentos

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Well yeah but that still has nothing to do with the point at hand. :)

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xabiss
@tormentos said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

-----------------------

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Oh Tormentos spewing false narratives as normal. Xbox had just as many active players playing as Playstation on a platform that has more consoles and the game was released free on the platform when this information was last reported.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos

@Xabiss said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Oh I knew one of you idiot fanboys would say this stupid shit. Xbox has just as many active players playing as Playstation on a platform that has more consoles and the game was released free on the platform. You should keep your mouth shut until you actually have real facts next time!

That doesn't say much other than than most PS4 fans are playing something else.

PC has more million of gamers than the PS4 and still has less %.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FireEmblem_Man
@tormentos said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Yeah, you still have no PS4 and you got tiny thumbs.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@tormentos: Your pathetic fanboy troll BS aside, it is good for gamers...period. We both know that. One day you may grow up enough to acknowledge it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

Crossplay, the stuff that happens when fanboys don't matter. :)

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xabiss
@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

That doesn't say much other than than most PS4 fans are playing something else.

PC has more million of gamers than the PS4 and still has less %.

It says a lot, because it proves what he said was a LIE! Xbox is doing fine multiplayer wise in this game. Damn man you can't even admit it when you are just wrong. Just move to another narrative. ROFLMAO!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@tormentos said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

You know what they say about guys with tiny thumbs right? tiny thumb nails :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@tormentos said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Actually i do and my thumbs are kind of huge for my small hand.

@SUD123456 said:

@tormentos: Your pathetic fanboy troll BS aside, it is good for gamers...period. We both know that. One day you may grow up enough to acknowledge it.

Sure it is it was also good last gen when sony was pushing it and MS refuse to join the fun,i tell you this because you were here back then as well.

Cross play is good sony did it with the PS2,PS3 and PS4 it is now that MS want to push it and we know why,they did it already on 360 when FF11 but back then they were trying to win the favor of gamers,as soon as they got a sales advantage they dropped cross play.

Cross play has been on PS2,PS3 and PS4 an in fact at the start of this gen the PS4 supported cross play from the go something the xbox one got as an afterthought after they got beat up.

@Xabiss said:

It says a lot, because it proves what he said was a LIE! Xbox is doing fine multiplayer wise in this game. Damn man you can't even admit it when you are just wrong. Just move to another narrative. ROFLMAO!

No it doesn't what it does proves is that a higher % of people on xbox one play the game compare to the PS4,which we know has more games and which user base is fracture into more games,not to mention Rocket league is an older game on PS4 vs the xbox one.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

You know what they say about guys with tiny thumbs right? tiny thumb nails :P

That we got it goin on?

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I want cross platform parties.

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

@gameofthering said:

I want cross platform parties.

They are coming.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xabiss

@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

No it doesn't what it does proves is that a higher % of people on xbox one play the game compare to the PS4,which we know has more games and which user base is fracture into more games,not to mention Rocket league is an older game on PS4 vs the xbox one.

Oh so I guess you should change your statement you made previously:

@tormentos said: The only reason why cross play is a must now for Nintendo and MS is because sony simply has the numbers while the other 2 don't.

You should change it to Sony has so many games and their player base is so fractured between these great games that having crossplay play really benefits Sony because they have to many great games and not enough gamers playing them. :P Thanks Nintendo and Microsoft!

Good lord you change narratives to fix your damn false narratives way to much man.