PS4 Pro and Switch owners: Would u trade places with a 2080 ti PC gamer?

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Mystery_Writer

Poll PS4 Pro and Switch owners: Would u trade places with a 2080 ti PC gamer? (102 votes)

No, I would miss my console exclusives 62%
Yes, ray tracing is a game changer and I would love to try it 17%
I own all consoles and a 2080 ti PC 22%

Would you be willing to completely give up gaming on PS4 Pro / Switch for a powerful 2080 ti PC gaming experience?

You get to experience upcoming ray tracing games and also current games maxed out at high frame-rate, but also lose out on all current and upcoming PS4 / Switch exclusives.

• 
Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#101 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Jetsfan122 said:

@kali-b1rd: With a console I turn it on and play my games, ALL the time. I never have to worry about hardware issues, compatibility issues , updating drivers . Nothing was more irritating to me than turning on my rig and needing to update a driver . For some it’s fine, but not for me . To each his own.

That's like 2004 lvl bait. I haven't had any of that happen for a long time. Drivers update automatically. Patching, Installation, and downloading is faster than on consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@ni6htmare01: surely you've beat those three movies already right? No mp either so one and done.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@Jetsfan122 said:

@kali-b1rd: With a console I turn it on and play my games, ALL the time. I never have to worry about hardware issues, compatibility issues , updating drivers . Nothing was more irritating to me than turning on my rig and needing to update a driver . For some it’s fine, but not for me . To each his own.

Yea I get "to each their own" but its just not true anymore. Updating drivers? every time this argument is used I feel like I've gone back in time to pre-Vista/7 era where Windows didnt automatically find every driver and update it behind the scenes.... Hell any game you install from any store installs any requirements. you literally have to do nothing.

Which is no different to:

• Turn PS4 on
  • Open Game
  • "Game requires PSN for full functionality"
  • "Your PSN version is out of date, please update"
  • Update at the lovable slow Sony rate
  • Launch game

^ the above happens far more frequently than a driver update.

Hardware/Comp ability is also a pre-historic argument. The industry is so streamlined at this point the probability of a compatibility issue is once in a blue moon.

Not to mention, with each new console generation, the chances of "crashing to the menu" have increased significantly .... consoles showing similar weaknesses to PCs.

PC boots in 4 seconds. All games are a double click away... already updated. boom.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@kali-b1rd: My laptop failed to update and deleted windows 10.

My recovery system didn't work, since it was win8 and i got the free win 10 update and now i have now windows on my laptop.

Name a time a failed update killed a console.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@sleepnsurf: And not everyone care about MP.. Also I do not plan to play the same freaking game forever so 1 and done is perfect so I can move on.. and lol about movie games with Horizon Zero Dawn.. clearly you have no idea what you talking about.. but yeah I know ... all Sony games are movie games right? Lol

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

@zaryia said:
@sovkhan said:
@zaryia said:
@sovkhan said:

Fact is 3/4 of ALL gaming revenues are not from pc!!! So what is your point???

My point was very specific, that PC has far greater revenue and gamer than PS or Nintendo.

You're using a red-herring to deflect from that fact.

No deflection here, just pointed out that no matter how huge the pc revenue seems to you, they still represent only 24% of all gaming revenues //fact!!!

That's literally deflection, you pointed out a fact that didn't alter my fact to move away from the initial topic.

PC>>>>>>PS/Nintendo

Nope!!!

Your argument is flawed because you consider pc gaming as one segment while splitting console segment to sub segments to win the point.

The consoles target segment aka traditional gaming segment represents only 35% of the global pc gaming revenue.

Jetsfan122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Jetsfan122
Member since 2011 • 124 Posts

@kali-b1rd: I must admit. I haven’t gamed on a PC since 2012. If P.C. gaming has changed in that respect I may have to look into re-joining “ The Master Race “.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11802 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

My recovery system didn't work, since it was win8 and i got the free win 10 update and now i have now windows on my laptop.

People reporting that PS4 Firmware update 6.02 is crashing and bricking their PS4s.

Let's not forget that the recent AAA game Anthem was also bricking PS4s on launch.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Ant_17

@NoodleFighter: Name other.

While you do that, do i bring up upgrading cards leading to procesor deaths?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

No because I have both :P

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 NoodleFighter

@Ant_17: Moving goalpost now? You acted is if consoles never get any technical issues. The plug n play experience of the past generation consoles is long gone. Consoles nowadays aren't that much better than PC when it comes to ease and technical issues now that consoles have taken on a lot of traits of PC.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@Mystery_Writer

So why didn't you respond to my question?

@boxrekt said:

Your argument is pretty short sighted because you keep saying "PS4" but arguing giving up "consoles" for PC.

News flash, PS5 (a console) will be able to play all PS4 exclusives plus all those multiplats you talking about for PC and run them 4k60. Plus it will play next gen PS5 exclusives with better graphics than PC multiplat on the market.

So what's the argument now?

Switch out PS4 for PS5 in your argument vs PC and it becomes even more overwhelmingly favorable for the "console".

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Ant_17

@NoodleFighter: Yes, i acted that way. So what?

PC still is stupid for gaming. It's like gaming on a phone. A device that has other more important features used for gaming.

At least if my PS4 breaks, i can take it up with Sony. Who should i take up my laptop problem? HP or Microsft?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
@whatafailure said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

@whatafailure: That's all a matter of opinion. For me, first person shooters are a big fave, and sorry, but the PC has way more first person shooters. Hell Let Loose, Squad, Ring of Elysium, Skorn(when it eventually comes out), Hunt: Showdown, Insurgency Sandstorm, etc.

None of these are on console, so yeah.

I'm not trying to be funny here, but I've never heard of any of those games. Taking a look, one is a Battle Royale game from Tencent (part owners of Fortnite). Others haven't come out, and the couple that you mentioned got middling 7/10 scores. Maybe you did have lots of fun, but I'm not trading years of PS4 exclusives (or Switch or Wii U exclusives if we're going back to 2013) for PC exclusives that are just weaker to me.

And the TC posts those RTX videos which I've seen already. None of that is worth the staggering pricetag of the card, and losing out on playing the next God of War, Zelda, Mario or Naughty Dog game. And I swear tons of those "RTX ON" effects make you go "Huh, that's it?"

Also, Spider-Man and Horizon were immensely fun open world games where I'm not playing "Military FPS shooter #273". For PC to entice me, where are those open world games that are similar? For Switch owners, where is the equivalent to Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild on PC?

There's AREN'T any.

Okay, you can try arguing with my opinion, but all I can say is, good luck. I'm not trying to say that you have to enjoy those games, I'm just saying that other people have different opinions; I played Breath of the Wild and I thought it was okay. Also, Hunt: Showdown and Skorn are anything but military shooters.

You can go on and on about "high-rated" exclusives, but frankly, those high ratings mean about as much to me as a pre-teen girl screaming about how much she loves Justin Beiber(it's out of date, but it's still accurate).

Oh, and Praey for the Gods is a timed PC exclusive that's a lot like Breath of the Wild/Shadow of the Colossus. https://www.praeyforthegods.com/

Forgot to mention Mordhau, a medieval mashup of first person melee action. Is that a military shooter, too?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 NoodleFighter

@Ant_17: I can't tell if you're serious or trolling so I'm just gonna withdraw.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DragonfireXZ95
@Ant_17 said:

PC still is stupid for gaming. It's like gaming on a phone. A device that has other more important features used for gaming.

At least if my PS4 breaks, i can take it up with Sony. Who should i take up my laptop problem? HP or Microsft?

I can see why NoodleFighter pulled out of this. Apparently, Ant_17 thinks that laptops aren't made by companies like Sony and Microsoft that offer warranties. Wow.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Ant_17

@DragonfireXZ95: So i should tell HP to give me a Windows key?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DragonfireXZ95
@Ant_17 said:

@DragonfireXZ95: So i should tell HP to give me a Windows key?

Why are they going to just give you a windows key? You'd send in your laptop to their support just like you would with your PS4.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Kali-B1rd

@Ant_17 said:

Age of laptop? Did you update to Win 10 directly from Win 8? - Updating Windows operating systems from one version to another always has a risk of issue.... in any IT environment or experienced persons view its better to reformat and install the new one fresh. That of course, is a legacy issue and doesn't really apply anymore considering Windows 10 is now service based.

I can google "bricking consoles" and there are a merry number of PS4 results... go figure. based on firmware and game patches. nice.

It's almost as if, the more complex operating systems become, the higher chance of failure... only Windows has gotten better over time.. making it easier, and consoles have gotten more complex, making them susceptible.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Kali-B1rd

@Ant_17 said:

Ah the assumption that a multi-use devices is inherently worse than a ... compacted HTPC with toy controllers.... originally aimed at kids and never evolved much further? Literally a PC in a small box with simple controls.

Yea, you can take it up with Sony, wait 3-4 weeks and get charged because your machine is over a year old....

As apposed to a PC problem? couple minutes googeling, or a fresh reformat. (which, again with Windows 10 is so much simpler now.. and faster than reformatting a PS4 LOL).

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Ant_17

@kali-b1rd said:
@Ant_17 said:

Ah the assumption that a multi-use devices is inherently worse than a ... compacted HTPC with toy controllers.... originally aimed at kids and never evolved much further? Literally a PC in a small box with simple controls.

Yea, you can take it up with Sony, wait 3-4 weeks and get charged because your machine is over a year old....

As apposed to a PC problem? couple minutes googeling, or a fresh reformat. (which, again with Windows 10 is so much simpler now.. and faster than reformatting a PS4 LOL).

Yeah, i seen it in action.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Kali-B1rd

@Ant_17 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Ant_17 said:

Yeah, i seen it in action.

And its worked since right... hence why you haven't gone and paraded any further issues around as an anecdotal point?

Speaking of Anecdotal, I can play this game. I purchased a White PS4 Pro around Destiny 2 time (figured, I wanted "4k" in that like 5 games) ... had to return two of them because games were blue screening, because the PS4 Pro's batches were poor.

Even my working PS4 Pro sounds like a jet engine. I can't do dick about it without voiding the warranty, and the solution range is barely existent.

My PC is whisper quiet even on load... because I made it.

If there is a problem? I or someone can fix it quickly... not at the mercy of a company. There is a reason the right to repair was so important, because only being able to rely on the source manufacturer for your problems is crap.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

I don't have a PS4 Pro but I have a regular PS4 and Switch and(assuming it means I can never get another Switch/PS4 in the future) the answer is HELL NO! I love my budget gaming PC. And I agree that the graphics already look much better than both consoles even with my mere GTX 1050ti and would love to be able to afford a beast 2080 Ti rig and nice desk/monitor setup to go with it. But PC gaming simply doesn't have the ease of use nor the amount of AAA exclusive releases(at least that I remotely give a shit about) as the PS4 and Switch combined. My favorite exclusives are on consoles, period.

I wouldn't be able to play Smash Ultimate, the UC/TLOU, God Of War, Mario Odyssey, Zelda, etc etc etc on my PC and at the end of the day sure, the PC versions of the multiplats look better, but graphics simply aren't everything. They're still the same game at the end of the day.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Ant_17

@kali-b1rd: https://www.cnet.com/news/ftc-warranty-stickers-illegal-sony-nintendo-response/

Go ahead, fix your dusty PS4.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Kali-B1rd
@Ant_17 said:

@kali-b1rd: https://www.cnet.com/news/ftc-warranty-stickers-illegal-sony-nintendo-response/

Go ahead, fix your dusty PS4.

Does that cover changing the fan and heatsink? that is not "repair" but its the only solution to the turbine problem, that's what happens when you jack up the hardware, shove it in a tiny box, in other words bad design.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Ant_17

@kali-b1rd: You can read, can't you? Fix your PS4 if that's your problem.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Kali-B1rd
@Ant_17 said:

@kali-b1rd: You can read, can't you? Fix your PS4 if that's your problem.

It's not a fix its a mod It specifies hardware fix, not mod. You can read can't you?

Anyway, glad it came down to this, the other points you've ignored so I can assume you had no retort.

We'l go back to playing games... on our mob.. I mean PC which wasn't meant for games, even though it had the most by a landslide!

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#128 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

I like pc gaming but nowadays I use PC for more work stuff, I'll play some rts/moba games on it but for the most part like to keep my gaming on the ps4 and switch.

Gaming for me is better on the couch and my desk and PC is more for work

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Ant_17

@kali-b1rd: Whatever helps you sleep at night. Don't let the LEDs from your 10 fans wake you up.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Kali-B1rd

@Ant_17 said:

@kali-b1rd: Whatever helps you sleep at night. Don't let the LEDs from your 10 fans wake you up.

I can't sleep at night, I keep hearing planes taking off, but then I remember planes don't fly over my house, its the PS4.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Ant_17

@kali-b1rd: Hey guess what? Your PC is just a 3rd party Xbox now.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@sovkhan said:

Nope!!!

Your argument is flawed because you consider pc gaming as one segment while splitting console segment to sub segments to win the point.

That's bullshit as SW and GS separates all 4 systems as does this thread.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@Mystery_Writer: honestly man some gamers dont care about things like next gen lighting, many of us grew up with games that look total shit too todays standards with crap frame rates, it diddnt matter games were Still fun and creative. Id pick up banjo kazooi over many current gen titles, not because of graphics of coarse but good gameplay. Gameplay over graphics for most gamers.

Of coarse if you invested in a 1080 you proabably care more about graphics and performance. Its really just different taste. If it mattered crysis would have been everyones #1 FPS forever. The graphics dont matter too many gamers as long as its fun.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Kali-B1rd
@Ant_17 said:

@kali-b1rd: Hey guess what? Your PC is just a 3rd party Xbox now.

Don't embarrass yourself mate, your original logic was already bad enough.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Ant_17

@kali-b1rd: I'm not, i'm insulting your favorite platform.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 NoodleFighter

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@whatafailure said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

@whatafailure: That's all a matter of opinion. For me, first person shooters are a big fave, and sorry, but the PC has way more first person shooters. Hell Let Loose, Squad, Ring of Elysium, Skorn(when it eventually comes out), Hunt: Showdown, Insurgency Sandstorm, etc.

None of these are on console, so yeah.

I'm not trying to be funny here, but I've never heard of any of those games. Taking a look, one is a Battle Royale game from Tencent (part owners of Fortnite). Others haven't come out, and the couple that you mentioned got middling 7/10 scores. Maybe you did have lots of fun, but I'm not trading years of PS4 exclusives (or Switch or Wii U exclusives if we're going back to 2013) for PC exclusives that are just weaker to me.

And the TC posts those RTX videos which I've seen already. None of that is worth the staggering pricetag of the card, and losing out on playing the next God of War, Zelda, Mario or Naughty Dog game. And I swear tons of those "RTX ON" effects make you go "Huh, that's it?"

Also, Spider-Man and Horizon were immensely fun open world games where I'm not playing "Military FPS shooter #273". For PC to entice me, where are those open world games that are similar? For Switch owners, where is the equivalent to Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild on PC?

There's AREN'T any.

Okay, you can try arguing with my opinion, but all I can say is, good luck. I'm not trying to say that you have to enjoy those games, I'm just saying that other people have different opinions; I played Breath of the Wild and I thought it was okay. Also, Hunt: Showdown and Skorn are anything but military shooters.

You can go on and on about "high-rated" exclusives, but frankly, those high ratings mean about as much to me as a pre-teen girl screaming about how much she loves Justin Beiber(it's out of date, but it's still accurate).

Oh, and Praey for the Gods is a timed PC exclusive that's a lot like Breath of the Wild/Shadow of the Colossus. https://www.praeyforthegods.com/

Forgot to mention Mordhau, a medieval mashup of first person melee action. Is that a military shooter, too?

I noticed console gamers say they don't want to miss out on years worth of console exclusives yet they all list mostly the same 3-5 titles. On PS4 it's God Of War, Uncharted/TLOU, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman and Bloodborne. Nintendo Switch its Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda BOTW, and Super Smash Bros. Can they not name several other titles? I know these consoles have other titles but I hardly see them mention them. At most they'll make their list a little different by mentioning Persona 5 and Bayonetta 2. It leads me to believe that deep down those are the only titles worth it to them to skip out on an entire platform but don't want to admit that a small handful of games are all they really have going and not a plethora as they try to make it out. Hell the PS4 didn't get its first killer app till Bloodborne came which came out 2.5 years after the PS4 released in March 2015 and afterwards it was a drought till Ratchet And Clank reboot came in April 2016 and later Uncharted 4 in May then nothing till December 2016 with the long 7 year awaited underwhelming The Last Guardian.

Whatafailure resorts to the usual console gamer argument of "I never heard of those PC games so therefore they don't count" to continue their idea that PC has nothing worth playing even though tons of people are anticipating and playing these games. Squad for example has already sold a million copies. Speaking of which Squad and Hell Let Loose play very differently from all the other military shooters currently on the market, especially Squad. The only other military shooter like it is the BF2 Project reality mod from many years ago which is what Squad is based off of. Skorn is the only game in your list that isn't released at all. All the others are released in some playable state. Nevermind how cows continue to list The Last Of Us 2, Death Stranding and Ghost Of Tsushima even though none of those games have a confirmed release date, yet they wanna give us crap over Star Citizen even though we can actually play it right now. I still see top upcoming PS4 exclusives videos still listing Final Fantasy 7 remake. Hell these list have basically went from singular years to 2017/2018/2019 and beyond so they can include those games with no release dates and those that got delayed to later years. The Last Guardian was shoved in every upcoming year list till release from PS3 lists to PS4 lists.

And to help you an upcoming BOTW-like type game coming to PC in Q3 2019 is Nostos.

Loading Video...

Another is Towers

Loading Video...

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

@zaryia: Give it a rest. Once again your taking full data and raping it to fit your own agenda.

PC is up more than console?

That doesn’t only include 2000 series cards....that includes people with HP’s from Best Buy and Walmart with no GPU that play Facebook games and have 1 Steam game like Candy Crush for PC.

You hermits twist so much data in your favor that’s it’s sickening to think someone is so desperate for their platform of choice to be better that....ugh it’s just so pathetic.

PlayStation and Nintendo have exclusives that are just too great to take a 2000 series card over...especially since those cards are a joke.

$1200 for a card where you can’t even do 4K gaming on half the games?

Jesus dude, it’s a no brainer. I have a 1070 and it’s fine for 1080p 60fps.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

@boxrekt said:

@Mystery_Writer

So why didn't you respond to my question?

@boxrekt said:

Your argument is pretty short sighted because you keep saying "PS4" but arguing giving up "consoles" for PC.

News flash, PS5 (a console) will be able to play all PS4 exclusives plus all those multiplats you talking about for PC and run them 4k60. Plus it will play next gen PS5 exclusives with better graphics than PC multiplat on the market.

So what's the argument now?

Switch out PS4 for PS5 in your argument vs PC and it becomes even more overwhelmingly favorable for the "console".

I thought it was a rhetorical question.

if PS5 is going to support ray tracing properly. Then that's really good news. However, there are no details on what level of RT support it offers, nor even a release date.

Saying sometime in the future a console will catch up to PC hardware today is fine. But, chances are, PC hardware would have moved-on by then increasing its technological gap over consoles.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Kali-B1rd

@that_old_guy said:

@zaryia: Give it a rest. Once again your taking full data and raping it to fit your own agenda.

PC is up more than console?

That doesn’t only include 2000 series cards....that includes people with HP’s from Best Buy and Walmart with no GPU that play Facebook games and have 1 Steam game like Candy Crush for PC. It's ok, the later levels of candy crush require more mental capacity than the average TPS gamer.

You hermits twist so much data in your favor that’s it’s sickening to think someone is so desperate for their platform of choice to be better that....ugh it’s just so pathetic. proof? otherwise you are being more pathetic.

PlayStation and Nintendo have exclusives that are just too great to take a 2000 series card over...especially since those cards are a joke. Value wise they are a joke. and I agree, I'd rather have the 2 consoles and a 1080 pc.

$1200 for a card where you can’t even do 4K gaming on half the games? better than like 5 games at 4k I suppose....

Jesus dude, it’s a no brainer. I have a 1070 and it’s fine for 1080p 60fps.

If you are gonna call his stats bullshit at least source your retort...

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By That_Old_Guy

@kali-b1rd: if you’re gonna live in the world at least use common sense along with knowledge already known.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Kali-B1rd

@that_old_guy said:

@kali-b1rd: if you’re gonna live in the world at least use common sense along with knowledge already known.

Yea, this is statistics and citing sources... and speaking of common sense, if someone is not aware of the knowledge, e.g hasn't seen the statistics ... then its not "knowledge already known", hence why someone would request the counter-point source. Hence why I am asking you.

Common sense would of been to respond with the source to give you the credibility you think you have.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@Ant_17 said:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/54557-update-501-bricked-my-ps4/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/83f25b/has_anyones_ps4_bricked_because_of_the_latest/

https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/PS4-Pro-bricked-after-6-50-update/m-p/26015164

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/76518551

Etc, etc......

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Ant_17

@GarGx1: I don't think i can post every link for a pc issue just for today.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#144  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@Ant_17 said:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/54557-update-501-bricked-my-ps4/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/83f25b/has_anyones_ps4_bricked_because_of_the_latest/

https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/PS4-Pro-bricked-after-6-50-update/m-p/26015164

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/76518551

Etc, etc......

Let's not forget that you could send a message that screwed up the PS4... Supposedly a "crash loop," but that's fucking hilarious.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

Wow, it's a good thing I own both a PC & PS4 so I won't miss anything that comes my way. (Including Switch)

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 That_Old_Guy

@kali-b1rd: he says “software data” and “hardware data”. Which means all. So that means not only the high end cards but the cards for people who want to play only Garry’s Mod want to play. So like a GTX 960...sold yesterday for $40.

And software.....all software. Not only high profile titles...but games like Shower With Dad and those Japanese sex/dating simulators you can only get on PC.

See how reading and then using common sense works.

Also he cited nothing in his posts. So let’s not be that guy with the “back up your shit with proof” at this very moment since we all can’t play by the same rules in your book.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Absolutely not. All of those added bells and whistles wouldn't be worth the trade when my main MP game and one of the few games that actually support raytracing not only has a smaller population than the PS4 version but is also literally infested with hackers. I already learned my lesson with BF4 and BF1 to never play BattleField games on PC.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 DragonfireXZ95

@NoodleFighter: Oh wow, I haven't seen either of these, but they both look interesting. Towers, especially; I like the art style.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 NoodleFighter

@DragonfireXZ95: Towers comes from the former developers of Hawken who were previously known for the cancelled Project Offset. One of the developers for Towers was the lead artist for Project Offset and Hawken. Project Offset had some pretty amazing concept art.

Hawken had some good concept art too.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@Ant_17 said:

@GarGx1: I don't think i can post every link for a pc issue just for today.

You asked for an example of a console failing after a patch, I gave you four out of the many I found from a 30 second search. How many people, out of the billions using a PC, have issues is irrelevant to your initial statement. The main difference though is that the vast majority of PC issues are very easily sorted by the user, which is the complete reverse of the majority of bricked console issues.

It's called "bricking" with consoles for a reason.