Ps4 and XB1 merge. Do you believe it? Will it be sold out globally

This topic is locked from further discussion.

changhock19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 changhock19
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts

https://youtu.be/ngQPbk4H9Dw

So guys what do you think? Will it be sold globally? If yes, we can be at ease. We can play our favourite games and Japanese games, that's to say we can both play xb1 and ps4 exclusive titles.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Drugs are bad mmmkay.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Then there would be no System Wars, no thanks.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69716 Posts

This is how console gaming should be. One system (from any company of your choice)that can play any console game.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

The logistics are too numerous for something like that to pan out. If it could be worked out where all three had a unified console, look out.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

I'll pass. If it ever did happen it would be the beginning of the end. Developers would really be making crappy games with no need to make top notch AAA titles that push hardware sells

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Awful idea, Playstation dominates on its own, there will be no benefits other than a UHD bluray drive which will come with PS5.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

No way, no competition is bad for us as gamers together regardless of preference.

Prices will go crazy, less choices, less perks, would literally have you by the balls.

If anything there would probably be less new games since they also would have 3rd party devs by the balls as well.

I know this is system wars but be happy there is a choice.

H#ll those patent stealing Engineers in China probably already have one that plays both, and good luck suing them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pedro

The amount of silliness I just read is astounding. If we are to believe in this illogical and unfounded premise that their will be no competition if there was a unified system then what spurs competition for gaming at the moment? If the competition between companies are not software then the competition is solely hardware and that is simply false. Games compete with other games. People buy hardware to play games. People don't buy hardware for the sake of hardware. Multiplatform games compete with each other for decades and will continue to compete with high budgets. In addition to that these multiplatform games continuously dominate every month. The idea that a unified system will stifle creativity or competition is just nonsense and is simply the result of decades of fanboy culture.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The-A-Baum

@Pedro: OK when we have Deathfighter (hypothetical game) going to one console who says I will market the game and spend 10 million on ads for 20% and another doing the same for 30% it is a choice for them to make.

Only one, now they can say 40% and we will just put it on the home page of the console UI. And how can you say prices would not go up without a competitor?

Yes 3rd party has been around a long time but the big ones always make a deal with either of the companies. If they did all the marketing themselves costs would go to $90 US for a game.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

@Pedro: Yep.... The mind boggles....

It's not even like there would be only one hardware option either. People just can't seem to see that the whole console ecosystem as it exists is engineered to separate chumps from their money.

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

Awful idea, Playstation dominates on its own, there will be no benefits other than a UHD bluray drive which will come with PS5.

They only dominate because of exclusive deals. Congrats, Sony. You gimped the performance and limited the accessibility of good games. Way to go.

Exclusives are the sole reason 95%+ of people own their consoles, myself included. I'd chuck that POS in the trash (or more likely onto Ebay) in a heartbeat if there would be no future exclusives and all the existing games went multi-platform.

There was a time when consoles made sense - that time has passed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro

@the-a-baum said:

@Pedro: OK when we have Deathfighter (hypothetical game) going to one console who says I will market the game and spend 10 million on ads for 20% and another doing the same for 30% it is a choice for them to make.

Only one, now they can say 40% and we will just put it on the home page of the console UI. And how can you say prices would not go up without a competitor?

Yes 3rd party has been around a long time but the big ones always make a deal with either of the companies. If they did all the marketing themselves costs would go to $90 US for a game.

I don't know what you were trying to say with your analogy but the bold ignores the fact that games compete with games.

What? That makes no sense also. Game developers market their games along with the manufacturers. Samsung, LG, Sony all advertise their other products with content that was not made by them and the prices of movies, tv shows etc has not gone up in price because of this.

The competition in gaming has always been about the games. The existence of PS4 and Xbox while not a problem hardware wise is a problem when games are locked behind either of them especially when they

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The-A-Baum

@Pedro: I like your posts usually but we will have to disagree here. If there is only one place to sell something you are at their whim. Not a good place to be. That's like saying all stores should be Walmart!

There really cant buy a gaming Utopia where we can all play everything when there is money involved.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22741 Posts

@the-a-baum: isn't this a service based war at this point though? Why can't all the consoles be able to play all games, but the services, online shops and service perks still be the thing they compete over?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro

@the-a-baum said:

@Pedro: I like your posts usually but we will have to disagree here. If there is only one place to sell something you are at their whim. Not a good place to be. That's like saying all stores should be Walmart!

There really cant buy a gaming Utopia where we can all play everything when there is money involved.

No it is not. You are making it out to be incorrectly narrow than it really is. You can access content from a variety of places on the same device, Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Amazon. It would not be any different with games. This method of content delivery already exists for other forms of entertainment. The notion that it cannot happen for games is a self created fallacy.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

Eww no.. there wont cows to make fun of...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Some of ya'll are begging for the lowest common denominator, aren't you?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@Shewgenja said:

Yes. I believe that they should support the PS4 Pro.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shewgenja

@Pedro said:
@Shewgenja said:

Aww, look at you. Just start gaming or what? Platform is irrelevant when developers don't optimize for it. A lesson I believe you shall be intimate with soon enough.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@Shewgenja said:
@Pedro said:
@Shewgenja said:

Aww, look at you. Just start gaming or what? Platform is irrelevant when developers don't optimize for it. A lesson I believe you shall be intimate with soon enough.

So the Pro is irrelevant? I disagree.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shewgenja

@Pedro said:
@Shewgenja said:
@Pedro said:
@Shewgenja said:

So the Pro is irrelevant? I disagree.

Both the Pro and the Scorpio will be irrelevant. When actual 4k consoles get here, these half-gen machines will be hilarious. I got the Pro for the boost in VR games and HDR support. Not for dick measuring.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44275 Posts

Well first we have to get Sony to play nice and allow for cross platform play with all systems so baby steps first. :P

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Drugs are bad mmmkay.

Your comments are bad... mmmkay. lol!!

I'd buy one of these if it include the PS4 Pro and XB1X instead. Pretty sure Sony & Microsoft would sue this guy if he ever sold one.

I wish I was that electronically talented to do this.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#26 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

LOL

People claiming prices would go crazy, no competition, would be bad. Don't know how old others here are but back in the early 1980s movies were expensive as hell to buy on VHS. Most people rented and to own movies was a wealthy persons pursuit. But many companies made players as many do now with the disc formats. Movies arent still $50 or higher. This idea of prices going nuts is absurd based on historical entertainment adoption. I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of how this would work out but spare me.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Monopolies are internationally forbidden by law

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

No thanks.

Maybe if Sony losses the lead, then i'll agree to it.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@the-a-baum: there's already a system that plays all its called a pc