PS3: Quality over quantity.

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mc2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mc2k4
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts

[QUOTE="mc2k4"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]when is it going to start?CaseyWegner

Give it a year. I think a year is a fair amount of time to see how much shine a console racks up.

why should it take a year for a "quality" game to come out?

Developers need time to perfect and precise their babies.  Especially now days with more technology, higher resolutions mean more gaps to fill.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
[QUOTE="CJL13"]

[QUOTE="mc2k4"][QUOTE="kraidiation"]Are Genji and Mobile Suti Gundam part of this "quality over quantity" thing?mc2k4

Launch games. DO I really have to say more?

So Resistance blows because it was a launch game? :| Plus look at games like Halo, SSBM, and Super Mario 64.

Come on, now, you're not using common sense.  Obviously, not every launch game is going to me mucus pork.  Resistance did alright, but, there still is the festering stew of shameful and abashed attempts at rushing to make a launch game for the PS3.  It happens, we ignore those.

I know, but by saying launch games don't count you're excluding the good launch games.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

[QUOTE="mc2k4"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]when is it going to start?CaseyWegner

Give it a year.  I think a year is a fair amount of time to see how much shine a console racks up.

If you mean by "Good" there have been good PS3 games, if you mean "Killer App" it took the 360 about a year to get GeOW.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="mc2k4"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]when is it going to start?mc2k4

Give it a year. I think a year is a fair amount of time to see how much shine a console racks up.

Developers need time to perfect and precise their babies. Especially now days with more technology, higher resolutions mean more gaps to fill.

The 360 had a batch of quality games within the first few months of it's launch and the Wii has a few games here and there worth buying as well. So far I only see two games worth mentioning on the PS3: Resistance and VF5. You seriously don't see a problem with this?
coolviper2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 coolviper2003
Member since 2003 • 1915 Posts
[QUOTE="coolviper2003"][QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="mr_pops238"]

PS1, PS2, PSP all had terrible launch games. All had amazing games 1 year later. Same thing is happening with the PS3.

PS3 will win. Lemmings are too bitter to admit it and sheep are too blind to see it.

mc2k4

I Agree 100%

I don't know about the PS1, but the PS2 and the PSP both had atleast 1 AAA game and several AA exclusives at launch. The PS3 has Resistance...

Exactly, out of all the Sony consoles, the PS3 has had the worst launch lineup. One good game at launch, and I wouldn't even consider that game a system seller. I think the PS3 will get better games over time ( I plan to own a PS3 sometime next year) but I don't see it coming out on top this generation. If for some slim chance it does end up being number 1, then it will barely do it as both Microsoft and Nintendo are doing much better this time around as opposed to last generation. IMO the PS3 will never reach the glory and dominance that the PS2 was able to accomplish, I just can't see it happening.

So, is it possible that you are saying that Sony's PS2 is the most dominant console to date?

No one can argue against (except for blind fanboys) that the PS2 was king last generation, it completely left the other two consoles in the dust. Now with that said, I don't see the PS3 following suit. It will be successful, but you have to remember that Sony has much better competition this time around, besides that hefty price tag isn't exactly helping them either.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts
[QUOTE="coolviper2003"][QUOTE="TyrantDragon55"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="mr_pops238"]

PS1, PS2, PSP all had terrible launch games. All had amazing games 1 year later. Same thing is happening with the PS3.

PS3 will win. Lemmings are too bitter to admit it and sheep are too blind to see it.

mc2k4

I Agree 100%

I don't know about the PS1, but the PS2 and the PSP both had atleast 1 AAA game and several AA exclusives at launch. The PS3 has Resistance...

Exactly, out of all the Sony consoles, the PS3 has had the worst launch lineup. One good game at launch, and I wouldn't even consider that game a system seller. I think the PS3 will get better games over time ( I plan to own a PS3 sometime next year) but I don't see it coming out on top this generation. If for some slim chance it does end up being number 1, then it will barely do it as both Microsoft and Nintendo are doing much better this time around as opposed to last generation. IMO the PS3 will never reach the glory and dominance that the PS2 was able to accomplish, I just can't see it happening.

So, is it possible that you are saying that Sony's PS2 is the most dominant console to date?

I don't think anyone is going to dispute that... but so what, that's last gen. Out with the old in with the new. Time to start afresh...
chip_money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 chip_money
Member since 2006 • 2748 Posts
[QUOTE="mr_pops238"]

AgentA-Mi6
I Agree 100%

I like how the past = right now
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="DrinkDuff"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]But where are the quality games at?mc2k4
My thoughts exactly. Right now, the PS3 has neither quantity nor quality.

You missed my point.  The PS3 hasn't been out long enough to rack up that much shine.  That's why there's a waiting period.

Your point is moot really. Because the same could be said about any console. They all gradually attain quality titles over time. The difference here is that its your favorite console the PS3, so you feel a need to make excuses on its behalf. Were you defending the 360 when it had few quality title out at launch? No, because it wasn't a sony console. You laughed at the 360's measley single AAA game and hyped the PS3's launch as the best console launch of all time and many claimed it would kill the 360. Reality? Nope. Currently, the PS3 is smack in the middle of an unusually long drought of games (both quality and quantity), and has nothing to offer but excuses and unfulfilled promises right now. In addition, your point has been made by countless of other hopeful fanboys anyway. I am sorry, but you fanboys get no sympathy for being hypocrits. (Yes that includes the Xbox fanboys too.)
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="mc2k4"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]when is it going to start?CJL13

Give it a year.  I think a year is a fair amount of time to see how much shine a console racks up.

If you mean by "Good" there have been good PS3 games, if you mean "Killer App" it took the 360 about a year to get GeOW.

"quality over quantity" means the quality games it gets are spectacular but few and far between.

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
quality over quantity? it doesn't have ANY quality games...you have to wait till 2008 for those
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts
I think ill go with both
mc2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mc2k4
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
[QUOTE="mc2k4"][QUOTE="DrinkDuff"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]But where are the quality games at?DrinkDuff
My thoughts exactly. Right now, the PS3 has neither quantity nor quality.

You missed my point. The PS3 hasn't been out long enough to rack up that much shine. That's why there's a waiting period.

Your point is moot really. Because the same could be said about any console. They all gradually attain quality titles over time. The difference here is that its your favorite console the PS3, so you feel a need to make excuses on its behalf. Were you defending the 360 when it had few quality title out at launch? No, because it wasn't a sony console. You laughed at the 360's measley single AAA game and hyped the PS3's launch as the best console launch of all time and many claimed it would kill the 360. Reality? Nope. Currently, the PS3 is smack in the middle of an unusually long drought of games (both quality and quantity), and has nothing to offer but excuses and unfulfilled promises right now. In addition, your point has been made by countless of other hopeful fanboys anyway. I am sorry, but you fanboys get no sympathy for being hypocrits. (Yes that includes the Xbox fanboys too.)

When the 360 was launched, I was looking for PS3 launch info.  I like the 360, the games look fun, but, if you look at last gen. Sony has quite a good reputation.  I look to see that reputation continue with the PS3.
Guess_With_ReX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Guess_With_ReX
Member since 2007 • 1191 Posts
WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT motorstorm looks real, so therefore it will be a good game!