PS3 Launch Weekend - Outsold By 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

REAL35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 REAL35
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts

The free-TV, rather subdued, European launch of the PlayStation 3 is done, and the sales figures for the first (and crucially important) weekend are being calculated. Speaking to SPOnG today, a Sony spokesman would not even hazard an opinion with regard to the weekend's sales figures, stating that the company is awaiting figures from Chart-Track.

Nor are any of the major retailers prepared to comment, on the record, anything but bland PR-driven statements.

Under terms of strict anonymity, however, SPOnG was told by they contact at one branch of a major retail outlet, that on both Saturday and Sunday it sold more 360s than it did PS3s. Is that a bad sign? Yes. This soon after launch it would be just about acceptable for the masses of expensive, late PS3 stocks to be moving slowly. However, for the 360 to outsell it at launch weekend should come as a shock to Sony.

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/NewsCom-31810.aspx#Comments

mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts
That is surely impossible. I think the launch wasn't very good but if thats true its disastrous. I find that hard to believe...
PS3OwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PS3OwnsYou
Member since 2005 • 3652 Posts
Lmao Spong Lmao
SageJMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 SageJMP
Member since 2004 • 4210 Posts

Under terms of strict anonymity, however, SPOnG was told by they contact at one branch of a major retail outlet, that on both Saturday and Sunday it sold more 360s than it did PS3s.REAL35

this one sentence right here says don't use this article as "proof" of anything.  It is basically saying, "some employee at a ONE major store told us"

SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts

We'll just have to wit and see, thats why I'm holding on buying the PS3 most games are going muilt-platform and bad sale, the BLUE-RAY is killing them.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Um, not very credible, and I don't believe it til I see some real numbers.

I call bogus.