PS3 is fun to rent, but 360 is fun to keep.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spacesheikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spacesheikh
Member since 2010 • 662 Posts

I am one of the lemmings that played Uncharted 2. I borrowed my friend's ps3 and beat UC2 after a few days. While UC2 was enjoyable, it definitely does not meet the hype. Especially since cows act like it poops all over 360's exclusives. Once I was done with ps3's supposedly "best" game, the online experience could not keep me playing.

I use my 360 like I use a cell phone. I am always in a party talking with my friends even when I'm playing a single player game or in the main menu switching discs. On 360, you're connected your friends as soon as you turn on the console. With multiplats like BC2 and exclusives like Halo Reach, there is no reason any MP gamer should not have a 360.

tldr: I got all the benefits of being a Manticore by buying a 360 and borrowing a ps3.

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

I hear ya. I have a PS3, and I don't like any of their exclusives.

WCIIIGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WCIIIGod
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

The 360 is a better rent, then you are less likely to notice the small annoying things such as replacing controller batteries, ms points as currency, xbox live gold that has not been worth the price since early 2009, red ringing, etc.

Hardware fails on 360 and software is based off of taste, which the ps3 has a more diverse offering.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
yawn typical ps3 bashing, nothing to see here.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Sorry friend, but the PS3 is an all around entertainment system. I would take MGS4 over any 360 game. Plus the MS has only now decided to impliment built in wifi which is not very good. And the PS3 has one major entertainment advantage: blu ray,

spacesheikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 spacesheikh

2-10-08
PS3 exclusives are good but they are not as amazing as cows pretend they are. Most people agree that UC2 is a must play but I wasn't blown away by it. Other games on PS3 can be substituted for multiplats. For example, I can play RDR instead of infamous, or Alan Wake instead of Heavy Rain.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DroidPhysX

yawn typical ps3 bashing, nothing to see here.TintedEyes

Off topic: Where on earth did you get that hilarious sig?

On-Topic: Why the ps3 bashing again?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I am disagree so.....yeah.
1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

Manticore? With no mention of the greatest gaming platform of all time? Get out of here kid ;).

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

spacesheikh
PS3 exclusives are good but they are not as amazing as cows pretend they are. Most people agree that UC2 is a must play but I wasn't blown away by it. Other games on PS3 can be substituted for multiplats. For example, I can play RDR instead of infamous, or Alan Wake instead of Heavy Rain.

You can play Fahrenheit from the original xbox :P
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
yawn typical ps3 bashing, nothing to see here.TintedEyes
im sorry,but i want to steal that sig!!
2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 2-10-08

Resistance 1 and 2 - very average

MGS4 = good, but only 1/3 gameplay

Uncharted 1 and 2 - liked Gears better

Ratchet and Clank Future - felt like I was playing an hd remake of the PS2 game.

Heavy Rain - don't like adventure games

Infamous - dull environment, can't ride in cars

spacesheikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 spacesheikh

Sorry friend, but the PS3 is an all around entertainment system. I would take MGS4 over any 360 game. Plus the MS has only now decided to impliment built in wifi which is not very good. And the PS3 has one major entertainment advantage: blu ray,

DroidPhysX
That's your opinion. You are obviously an MGS fan. I haven't played any of the previous games so I wasn't interested in MGS4 at all. Also, not everyone cares about watching blu ray movies. I watch about 3 or 4 movies a year. Usually with sub DVD quality. So for me, I couldn't care less about blu ray.
designer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 designer-
Member since 2010 • 1328 Posts
Basically you are saying that multiplayer makes you keep playing. While I fully back that statement I fail to see how the PS3 is lacking in that department. Even with L4D (which should really be played on a PC) what multiplayer games keep you coming back to the 360?
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DroidPhysX

Resistance 1 and 2 - very average Inclined to agree.

MGS4 = good, but only 1/3 gameplay Ok? So? It still is one of the best games of this gen.

Uncharted 1 and 2 - liked Gears better Lag in gears2 is unbearable, plus i got into a random hacked lobby and got from level 1 to max. (with the cool symbol)

Ratchet and Clank Future - felt like I was playing an hd remake of the PS2 game. Agree

Heavy Rain - don't like adventure games Still a great game.

Infamous - dull environment, can't ride in cars One of the best sandbox imo

2-10-08

You forgot LBP and KZ2

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

In your opinion of course. Mine is just the opposite.

spacesheikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spacesheikh

Manticore? With no mention of the greatest gaming platform of all time? Get out of here kid ;).

1080pOnly
Actually, I also played the best PC games such as BF2 and UT2004. Last gen I was a PC gamer.
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Ratchet and Clank Future - felt like I was playing an hd remake of the PS2 game.

2-10-08

I think "lolwut" fits as a reply.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

spacesheikh

That's your opinion. You are obviously an MGS fan. I haven't played any of the previous games so I wasn't interested in MGS4 at all. Also, not everyone cares about watching blu ray movies. I watch about 3 or 4 movies a year. Usually with sub DVD quality. So for me, I couldn't care less about blu ray.

Blu ray also gives an edge for the PS3, storage wise ( i know im stating the obvious). One of the main reasons (i think, but not sure. Sorry if wrong) why MGS4 is not on 360. Plus I've never played any MGS game until 4. And I'm still on my first playthrough of the game.

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 2-10-08

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

Yangire

Or you could come up with a good response, but choose your own fate.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

MGS4 = good, but only 1/3 gameplay Ok? So? It still is one of the best games of this gen.

Uncharted 1 and 2 - liked Gears better Lag in gears2 is unbearable, plus i got into a random hacked lobby and got from level 1 to max. (with the cool symbol)

Ratchet and Clank Future - felt like I was playing an hd remake of the PS2 game. Agree

DroidPhysX

You forgot LBP and KZ2

KZ2 is average,i think you meant "Demon'''''''''''''''s Souls"

spacesheikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 spacesheikh

[QUOTE="spacesheikh"]

I am one of the lemmings.... Vinegar_Strokes

stopped reading there

I wear my lemming badge with pride :D

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#24 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

i can sort of see where you're going with this, the only PS3 titles i've bought thus far are killzone 2, (greatest hits 25 dollars is a good deal) Demon's Souls ( full price) and GOW 3 ( full price) that's basically it, all the other games, heavy rain UC 2, infamous, LBP, I rented or borrowed from a friend and was done within a week.

Although I am meaning to pick up UC 2 when the price drop so I can get back to owning some people in the multiplayer.

Resistance 2, I played multiplayer for maybe 2 weeks with my clan for the gigs, most boring thing ever, the imbalance between the SHarpshooter and the rest of the guns is laughable.

Ratchet looked really stupid, and I was never a fan of those type of games before either.

MGS 4 I borrowed from a friend as well.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Yangire

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

2-10-08

1.) It probably feels like a PS2 game because the series is primarily in the PS2, and why in the world does that matter?

2.) He emits/sucks up electrcity, how the hell would he drive a car? That was even a joke in the game.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

PS3 exclusives are good but they are not as amazing as cows pretend they are. spacesheikh

So cows are only pretending to like their games. I knew it! It's all an elaborate ruse System Wars, don't be fooled!

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18268 Posts

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

spacesheikh

I'm sorry, but that's not our problem.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

Ratchet_Fan8

You forgot LBP and KZ2

KZ2 is average,i think you meant "Demon'''''''''''''''s Souls"

Wow, how can i forget DS?

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#29 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

I am one of the lemmings.... spacesheikh

Why am I not surprised?

hyperjayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 hyperjayson
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts

i can sort of see where you're going with this, the only PS3 titles i've bought thus far are killzone 2, (greatest hits 25 dollars is a good deal) Demon's Souls ( full price) and GOW 3 ( full price) that's basically it, all the other games, heavy rain UC 2, infamous, LBP, I rented or borrowed from a friend and was done within a week.

Although I am meaning to pick up UC 2 when the price drop so I can get back to owning some people in the multiplayer.

Dead-Memories

yeah i agree, UC2 multiplayer doesn't keep me going back for more, as a games collector, i buy games, not sell them,but games like GOW3,UC2. infamous and heavy rain would be fitting as rentals, unless your after the DLC, i have had my halo 3 disk since 2007, never would i once THINK of trading it in, one of the best multiplayer experriences around, as for KZ2, its a matter of preference, if you like the multiplayer, keep it, if you dont, then sell it or keep it

spacesheikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 spacesheikh

[QUOTE="2-10-08"][QUOTE="Yangire"]

Yangire

1.) It probably feels like a PS2 game because the series is primarily in the PS2, and why in the world does that matter?

2.) He emits electrcity, how the hell would he drive a car? That was even a joke in the game.

Are you serious? If I can suspend disbelief that a character can emit electricity, then I can do it for him driving a car...
IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IPWNDU2

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

2-10-08

Nah, that was a warranted reply to what you wrote.

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 2-10-08

[QUOTE="2-10-08"][QUOTE="Yangire"]

Yangire

2.) He emits/sucks up electrcity, how the hell would he drive a car? That was even a joke in the game.

1. While games like Super Mario Galaxy went in a completely different direction from Super Mario Sunshine, The Ratchet and Clank series has been doing the same thing since Going Commando. 2. It's a game, I don't want it to be real. I just want to drive a car.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#34 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

2-10-08
so you want to put an electric guy in a car ... that would have been a really short game
2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 2-10-08

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

da_illest101

so you want to put an electric guy in a car ... that would have been a really short game

Like I said, I don't care if it makes sense. The funnest part about GTA is driving cars.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
I disagree completely, well...that's that.
IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 IPWNDU2

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="2-10-08"] Or you could come up with a good response, but choose your own fate. spacesheikh

2.) He emits electrcity, how the hell would he drive a car? That was even a joke in the game.

Are you serious? If I can suspend disbelief that a character can emit electricity, then I can do it for him driving a car...

Well then how come in Forza 3 I play as a race car driver but I cannot even change my own oil. I mean if my player could drive a race car don't you think I should be able to change my own oil?? See how ridiculous you sound? Oh yeah and Halo 3 and ODST just felt like I was playing an old Xbox game in hd.... Halo

ZuneHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ZuneHD
Member since 2009 • 491 Posts

DroidPhysX

- that MGS4 comment isnt widely held...........plenty 360 games have outsold the ps3 exclusive.

- built in wifi was never a necessity a few years back. now it seems its more so

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

really? well for me 360 isnt even worth renting. more like worth to look at its box at retail and thats about it :) ;). but PS3 is the real fun to keep. i can do it too ;)

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Yangire

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="2-10-08"] Or you could come up with a good response, but choose your own fate. spacesheikh

Usually superhero comics keep some sort of realism, he would either suck the car battery dry or essentially make it blow up. I mean they could add driving cars into the game, but it would only hurt your character, and you'd lose some civilians car you hijacked.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#41 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

hyperjayson

yeah i agree, UC2 multiplayer doesn't keep me going back for more, as a games collector, i buy games, not sell them,but games like GOW3,UC2. infamous and heavy rain would be fitting as rentals, unless your after the DLC, i have had my halo 3 disk since 2007, never would i once THINK of trading it in, one of the best multiplayer experriences around, as for KZ2, its a matter of preference, if you like the multiplayer, keep it, if you dont, then sell it or keep it

what caught my eye for coming back to the uncharted 2multiplayer was the added trophy support through the DLC, although I probably would have all those trophies if they were at launch like they were suppose to be :|

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

While it is somewhat a matter of opinion, I would argue that in terms of polish and so on, Uncharted 2 does indeed "poop all over 360 exclusives". I played the MP for MANY hours and I loved the SP. It is possibly the best game this gen. Oh and Bad company 2 is on PS3 as well, so what you listed was Halo. And that would be correct, as that is about all 360 is good for. BTW you should be ashamed of having the G Man as your avatar and boasting about the 360 (PC beats the crap out of it).

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

My ps3 is the hub of my entertainment center. I play games, watch movies/netflix, stream music. It's an all around bad *** piece of equipment. My 360, when I had it, was far less useful, and I got rid of it. The games just didn't measure up. Different strokes.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Yangire

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="2-10-08"] Or you could come up with a good response, but choose your own fate. 2-10-08

1. While games like Super Mario Galaxy went in a completely different direction from Super Mario Sunshine, The Ratchet and Clank series has been doing the same thing since Going Commando. 2. It's a game, I don't want it to be real. I just want to drive a car.

1.) Usually people want series/franchise to stay the same with minor changes instead of a game in the series becoming completely different. Series/franchises sometimes get bashed for keeping a formula, but that formula is why the fans liked it in the first place.

2.) I honestly don't see how that would improve the gameplay at all.

spacesheikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 spacesheikh

[QUOTE="spacesheikh"][QUOTE="Yangire"]

IPWNDU2

Well then how come in Forza 3 I play as a race car driver but I cannot even change my own oil. I mean if my player could drive a race car don't you think I should be able to change my own oil?? See how ridiculous you sound? Oh yeah and Halo 3 and ODST just felt like I was playing an old Xbox game in hd.... Halo

First of all your analogy makes no sense. Secondly, I don't care if you can't drive a car in infamous. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to come up with a rationalization why a person that emits electricity can't drive a car. You don't have to rationalize that. Just like you don't have to rationalize why he can SHOOT ELECTRICITY.
spacesheikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 spacesheikh

really? well for me 360 isnt even worth renting. more like worth to look at its box at retail and thats about it :) ;). but PS3 is the real fun to keep. i can do it too ;)

finalstar2007
The difference is, I can support my argument.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#47 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Gonna have to agree. I do enjoy PS3 exclusves, but none of them have any staying power. UC2, KZ2, Infamous, etc, are all fantastic rentals. GT5 will be the PS3 game with staying power though.
crazyduckv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 crazyduckv2
Member since 2009 • 209 Posts

calm down ppl cant we love our consoles equally :cry:

spacesheikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 spacesheikh

My ps3 is the hub of my entertainment center. I play games, watch movies/netflix, stream music. It's an all around bad *** piece of equipment. My 360, when I had it, was far less useful, and I got rid of it. The games just didn't measure up. Different strokes.

Pug-Nasty
I'm fine with that. Your opinion is just as valid as my opinion. I'm glad you bought the right system to suit your needs.
hyperjayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hyperjayson
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts

calm down ppl cant we love our consoles equally :cry:

crazyduckv2

now you know why this is called the "system wars" section