PS3 has the better graphics, so the real reason for $600 price

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts

Heavenly Sword is the best looking game to date. Art and graphic wise. Now that PS3 shows that it has better gaphics. I think the $600 dollars is more justifiable. here is a list why PS3 is worth getting. Dip set, No homo

1. Best graphics of the new gen era

2. Blu-ray format making space available for games. More space = More gaming

3. Wi-fi connection. I can stream my media from my PC to my PS3 using it

4. Bluetooth. Nobody looks cooler than a guy with a bluetooth earpiece screaming at the top of his lungs.

5. This is a minute point, but the console is black. As Wesley Snipes says, Always bet on Black.

6. All PS consoles lasted over 8 years. No other console company can say that. Talk about $600 dollars going a long way.

7. Internet browser. I have a 52' Bravia, and youtube looks better on that than my 17' Viao LCD screen.

8. Better equipped for the High Def era. HDMI lets me enjoy 1080p on my Bravia

9. Blu-ray. Not only my TV is in HD, but I have a DVD player that plays in HD.

10. Great games the even lemmings and sheep want: FFXIII, MGS4, and White Knights. Also, Rachet & Clank, Socom 4, Tekken 6, Resident Evil 5, Asassin Creed, God of War 3, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo 5, Motorstorm, Devil May Cry 4, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dynasty Warriors, Virtua Fighter 5, EA sports games, and many many more.

11. PS Home. Imagine visiting Square Enix "Home" and talk about the feature to the upcoming title FFXIV. Better yet, visit Nike "Home" and by the latest Jordans for your avatar. How about an exclusive custume for Kratos you won from a contest you won at Sony "Home". The potential is there.

This is the reason you paying $600 for. If you on the fence about the PS3, my friend I say to you only making a safe investment if you buy one. Sony motto is "Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week"

viper7721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 viper7721
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
PS3 has WORSE graphics than 360.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
I agree with many (not all) of the points here but I'm sure you are going to get some flames. Starting right now! V
wavedash101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wavedash101
Member since 2005 • 174 Posts

OR I can get a console that is just as good with most of the same games....and use the $200 bucks I saved to buy said games...

I win

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Art direction is a preference, just for the record.
dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
when i play ps3 and 360 well not me at the same time but when my cousin connected xbox 360 and i connected ps3 to 2 sepperate tvs about the same size so we could be different people in oblivion the games look almost the same. . and i have 99 nights and that looks better that marvel alliance on ps3. . it just depends on the developer and the game. . i like them both. . but price of ps3 way to much. i should have waited but i couldnt i had to have ps3.
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
How is Heavenly Sword the best looking game to date? I don't even think the graphics or the art style are the best to date.
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

PS3 has WORSE graphics than 360.viper7721

No it doesn't, the ps3 has the potential to have superior graphics to the 360 but so far we haven't seen anything like that yet come out. 

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shungokustasu

OR I can get a console that is just as good with most of the same games....and use the $200 bucks I saved to buy said games...

I win

wavedash101
Everything I mention 360 can not do out the box. To say 360 is just as good is false.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="viper7721"]PS3 has WORSE graphics than 360.bri360

No it doesn't, the ps3 has the potential to have superior graphics to the 360 but so far we haven't seen anything like that yet come out.

Heavenly Sword. Also, GT-HD
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 2largeadults

Thank you! An intelligent poster!
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="dcm06"]when i play ps3 and 360 well not me at the same time but when my cousin connected xbox 360 and i connected ps3 to 2 sepperate tvs about the same size so we could be different people in oblivion the games look almost the same. . and i have 99 nights and that looks better that marvel alliance on ps3. . it just depends on the developer and the game. . i like them both. . but price of ps3 way to much. i should have waited but i couldnt i had to have ps3.

IGN, Gamespot, and Gametrailer.com said Oblivion looks better on PS3.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
This is still not going to make me buy one. If I want the best graphics I will stick with my PC.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
They're practically intentical systems... omg judge from the games not the names slapped onto the system.
viper7721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 viper7721
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

PS3 does NOT have the potential for better graphics than the 360.  The 360 has a more powerful GPU, much more efficient CPU, and more useable RAM.  The 360 is a more powerful gaming system, and that is why the 360 has better graphics than the PS3.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts
The PS3's lineup still doesn't justify the 600 dollars.
wavedash101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wavedash101
[QUOTE="wavedash101"]

I win

shungokustasu

Everything I mention 360 can not do out the box. To say 360 is just as good is false.

The difference is, I could care less about add-on and perks...I just want a system that can play HD games with a solid online infrastructure...360 gives me that for $200 less than PS3 does...that money I saved can actually be used to buy games or controllers...thus enhance my enjoyment of the system for less money...

Sounds good to me

Cdn_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cdn_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts
technically considering what the ps3 has to offer its really cheap. blue ray, futuristic processors, so on. but atill 6 bills is alot of money. and sony actually lowerd the price from 8 bills which they pay to manufacture ( not counting shipping marketing so on) so the ps3 is a real good deal. but i would not get one because its 6 bills.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 2largeadults
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="dcm06"]when i play ps3 and 360 well not me at the same time but when my cousin connected xbox 360 and i connected ps3 to 2 sepperate tvs about the same size so we could be different people in oblivion the games look almost the same. . and i have 99 nights and that looks better that marvel alliance on ps3. . it just depends on the developer and the game. . i like them both. . but price of ps3 way to much. i should have waited but i couldnt i had to have ps3.

Awesome. Gonna pick that up next week. (Never got around to playing it on the Xbox360)
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts
[QUOTE="bri360"]

[QUOTE="viper7721"]PS3 has WORSE graphics than 360.shungokustasu

Heavenly Sword. Also, GT-HD

not only does GTHD not look that good, it was also cancelled :lol:
Ultimas_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ultimas_Blade
Member since 2004 • 3671 Posts
LOL That's rediculous. Take off your fanboy goggles.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Last time I checked, Armored Core 4 had less graphical features on the PS3 version.

For that kind of price difference, I would more than expect a difference that was far from negligible.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 2largeadults
The PS3's lineup still doesn't justify the 600 dollars.-The-G-Man-
To you. Despite its putrid launch lineup, I still had no problem forking over the $600 for a PS3.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts

Heavenly Sword is the best looking game to date. Art and graphic wise.

shungokustasu

Even Xbox port NG Sigma has better graphics. Wasting of money

/thread 

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="wavedash101"]

I win

wavedash101

The difference is, I could care less about add-on and perks...I just want a system that can play HD games with a solid online infrastructure...360 gives me that for $200 less than PS3 does...that money I saved can actually be used to buy games or controllers...thus enhance my enjoyment of the system for less money...

Sounds good to me

That's really cool. Some people like inferior products...You know why BMW cost more than Hyundai, when both really just drive?
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
I'm now a proud owner of the ps3 :)
akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 akuma303x
Member since 2004 • 3703 Posts

read what you just wrote. read it.  you say the ps3 doesn't have worse graphics, then you say it has the potential for superior graphics, then you say but it hasn't done it yet. hhmm.  your confused.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 2largeadults
[QUOTE="wavedash101"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="wavedash101"]

I win

shungokustasu

Sounds good to me

That's really cool. Some people like inferior products...You know why BMW cost more than Hyundai, when both really just drive?

heh heh heh I wouldn't go so far as to say the Xbox360 is the Hyundai to PS3's BMW. But there are some Sony owners out there who feel they "got more" because they paid more. Just saying. (I sorta feel that way)
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Last time I checked, Armored Core 4 had less graphical features on the PS3 version.

For that kind of price difference, I would more than expect a difference that was far from negligible.
foxhound_fox
The only difference between the Xbox 360 version and PS3 version is the brightness.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shungokustasu

foxhound_fox
See you base your graphics compariosn on thrid party. I do mines on 1st party. 1st party knows how to get the most out of that system. Now what about MS first party games?
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts
Cows get one slightly improved game a year later "Oblivion" and now they think they are graphic kings. Every other multiplat that comes at the same time looks better on 360. Plus PS3 Oblivion still doesn't touch Gears of War period.
menmau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 menmau
Member since 2005 • 412 Posts

Ok its only your opinion!!!

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

[QUOTE="-The-G-Man-"]The PS3's lineup still doesn't justify the 600 dollars.2largeadults
To you. Despite its putrid launch lineup, I still had no problem forking over the $600 for a PS3.

The only game on the PS3 that interests me right now is Resistance.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shungokustasu
I'm now a proud owner of the ps3 :)Dahaka-UK
This is living...
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kook18

menmau
opinion = fact apparently in SW
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

Too bad the gameplay will suck. Notice God of War 2 is last gen and most likely a better game than HS.

1. Funny you say this based on what? Motorstorm? Resistance? Both games didnt deliver, ports look better on 360.

2.Oblivion on 1 dvd thats all I need to know.

3.Nothing to stream from my pc onto ps3...

4. Dont know whats so awesome about bluetooth..

5. Wesley Snipes you mean the guy who owes millions of dollars cause of tax fraud? 

6. 8 years...so what PS2 had great games which still up until now PS3 lacks.

7. I have a PC.

8. HDMI is not needed see pc monitors for details.

9. Blu ray again. I saw BD movies and the difference in quality if there was one does not justify the price.

10. Dont care for FF13...Kingdom Hearts is a diff story=P, give me another Zone of the Enders over another MGS anyday, Whit Knight Story...pff Mass Effect looks better, I know more about it, it will be released this year, Tekken stopped at Tag Tournament, GT i dont care for simulations anymore Waiting for DIRT, Motorstorm is BS it was when I played it months ago at a sony event thing and it sucks the same after release ( filters and an overload of effects dont make the game fast), Dynasty Warriors...you kidding right?, VF on 360, EA is everywhere.

11. Home...yeah I dont play second life, i dont play the sims, i dont want to talk to other gamers on console (see system wars for reasons why) Id rather play something.

I see no reason for the 600. Sony motto is "The world may end tomorrow but our lies will last an eternity"

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shungokustasu
Cows get one slightly improved game a year later "Oblivion" and now they think they are graphic kings. Every other multiplat that comes at the same time looks better on 360. Plus PS3 Oblivion still doesn't touch Gears of War period.rexoverbey
I never base this topic on Oblivion. I said heavenly Sword. I guess you can't read...
akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 akuma303x
Member since 2004 • 3703 Posts
[QUOTE="wavedash101"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="wavedash101"]

I win

shungokustasu

Sounds good to me

you need to understand, it's choice. and games are not superior because they are played on stronger hardware

( not much at that ). games are what makes a system. your asumption that we need the strongest system to have the best games  is  just ignorant. you need the best games to have the strongest system.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts
[QUOTE="dcm06"]when i play ps3 and 360 well not me at the same time but when my cousin connected xbox 360 and i connected ps3 to 2 sepperate tvs about the same size so we could be different people in oblivion the games look almost the same. . and i have 99 nights and that looks better that marvel alliance on ps3. . it just depends on the developer and the game. . i like them both. . but price of ps3 way to much. i should have waited but i couldnt i had to have ps3. shungokustasu

it should it had over a year of extra development lol. Almost every game released for both systems at the same time have looked better on the 360
Heith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heith
Member since 2003 • 1231 Posts

Yes it does, the Xbox 360 has the potential to have superior graphics to the PS3 but so far we haven't seen anything like that yet come out.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="menmau"]

Kook18

Okay I see Kook and Smokey in here. I'm not talking to you hermits. I deal with you guys tomorrow.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

Nothing on PS3 touches Gears yet, so until that happends you are just guessing and waiting

/thread

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="wavedash101"]

I win

shungokustasu

No one just plays  asystem out of the box, they buy games for it, hence why its a gaming console. :|
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kook18
[QUOTE="Kook18"][QUOTE="menmau"]

shungokustasu

Okay I see Kook and Smokey in here. I'm not talking to you hermits. I deal with you guys tomorrow.

i'm not a hermit, i don't even own a decent pc.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="wavedash101"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="wavedash101"]

I win

akuma303x

Sounds good to me

you need to understand, it's choice. and games are not superior because they are played on stronger hardware

( not much at that ). games are what makes a system. your asumption that we need the strongest system to have the best games is just ignorant. you need the best games to have the strongest system.

I never said you need a stronger hardware. My assumption is that PS3 has the games and the hardware to justify the $600 price tag. Hell, it's not an assumption it's true.
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
Tell me how Heavenly Sword has the best art/graphics to date dude!!!
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="wavedash101"]

I win

DrinkDuff

No one just plays asystem out of the box, they buy games for it, hence why its a gaming console. :|

Wow that didn't make sense at all...Seriously, read the posts again and see if your comment made sense.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shungokustasu
Tell me how Heavenly Sword has the best art/graphics to date dude!!!Kikouken
Just look at it. The only two games that comes close is Crysis and GT:HD
wavedash101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 wavedash101
[QUOTE="akuma303x"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="wavedash101"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="wavedash101"]

I win

shungokustasu

Sounds good to me

( not much at that ). games are what makes a system. your asumption that we need the strongest system to have the best games is just ignorant. you need the best games to have the strongest system.

I never said you need a stronger hardware. My assumption is that PS3 has the games and the hardware to justify the $600 price tag. Hell, it's not an assumption it's true.

Assuming that is true...that exact same can be said of the 360...and it still costs less...

PS and PS2 both won handily with inferior hardware...didnt see any cows complaining...why cant 360...

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shungokustasu

Nothing on PS3 touches Gears yet, so until that happends you are just guessing and waiting

/thread

SpideR_CentS
Seems like I'm owning the lemmings again. When did Gear come out on Xbox360? how long has the PS3 been out? lol...The games are coming my friend.