PS3 Firmware 3.0 is out! Year of the PS3 begins!

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

Better late than never.

bronxxbombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 bronxxbombers
Member since 2009 • 2840 Posts
Is it good?
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#4 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
What does it come with?
IlovemyAbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IlovemyAbs
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts

What does it come with?SpinoRaptor24

I think its at the blog, but I hear that it comes with alot of nice goodies

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]What does it come with?IlovemyAbs

I think its at the blog, but I hear that it comes with alot of nice goodies

i just read the features list when i went to start the update on mine...its nothing huge
vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

Better late than never.

EvanTheGamer

What? AGAIN? Can you guys pick a firm start date please?

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

and so it begins....

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
A watch to tell you the time.
06350GT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 06350GT
Member since 2009 • 88 Posts

why do the oldest wines cost the most? because you have to wait for the best taste.

smokedagoodyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 smokedagoodyo
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts
100$ mail in rebate?
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

so far so sexy. To bad PSN is down currently to try out any of the new avatars. im lovin the new layout....and i seen that the psn store is also in the game section. Good idea i guess.

nevermind its not down....and no new avatars :(

Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phaze-Two
Member since 2009 • 3444 Posts

uh, who cares? it's not that big of an update...

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

So far the year of the PS3 has supposed to have been like 2006-2009. Its never happened although it has a chance at 2009 but IMO the Wii is whooping 2009 but perhaps 2010.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
basicly, features and improvements that should have been in a long time ago. you can now see when you have a message, the battery status of your controler won't block the time when you press the PS button and you can fastforward or rewind video content with the right stick. oh and we get two more playstation store buttons in the game and video sections respectivly
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

It comes with new points for fanboys war in 360 vs ps3 topics.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

psn > xbl for real for real this time really

IlovemyAbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IlovemyAbs

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]What does it come with?darkspineslayer
basicly, features and improvements that should have been in a long time ago. you can now see when you have a message, the battery status of your controler won't block the time when you press the PS button and you can fastforward or rewind video content with the right stick. oh and we get two more playstation store buttons in the game and video sections respectivly

Really? Well you really can't argue with that. I mean its all for free :P

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

From what I'm seeing right now, it's pretty lame.So far practically every PSN update by itself has been a total disappointment. BUT as a whole it makes PSN better little by little. But please, PLEASE stop hyping the updates.

DeadMagazines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DeadMagazines
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]What does it come with?archvile_78

And yet no one's been able to mention anything other than a clock. :roll:
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

My Slim gets here tomorrow... possibly the next day. I was highly considering getting one, but my brother found a sale online for one for $250, so I had to snag it. :)

I've heard good things about the update, I'll have to check what it does.

IlovemyAbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IlovemyAbs

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]What does it come with?DeadMagazines

And yet no one's been able to mention anything other than a clock. :roll:

You just have to know everything about the PS3 to bash it right? :roll: Though you hate it, can you please stop being so obvious about it?

MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MizFitAwesome
Member since 2009 • 2745 Posts

[QUOTE="DeadMagazines"] And yet no one's been able to mention anything other than a clock. :roll:IlovemyAbs

You just have to know everything about the PS3 to bash it right? :roll: Though you hate it, can you please stop being so obvious about it?

He does kind of have a point. All this hype about how it was going to improve PSN and all you get is a few buttons, some backgrounds, dress up for avatars, an improved battery indicator and a new clock, YIPPEEE

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

I swear, the moment I set up my slim was when the update happened :P

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

This update just makes me want to keep my phat PS3 forever. It really does everything now.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#26 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

It's funny, I was just over on the PS3 forum and everybody seems to pretty much hate the new 3.0 changes, lol. I have not downloaded it yet myself, as I always wait a couple of days before downloading an update just to make sure everything is all clear. Anyway, not sounding like it is making such a good impression over there.

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

PS3 Firmware 3.0 is out! Year of the PS3 begins!

PSN > XBL

;)

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

It's funny. I was just over on the PS3 forum and everybody seems to pretty much hate the new 3.0 changes, lol. I have not downloaded it yet myself, as I always wait a couple of days before downloading an update just to make sure everything is all clear. Anyway, not sounding like it is making such a good impression over there.

ironcreed

Cause while this update is nice the PS3 owners really want something like corss game chat and party chat VOICE. Untill an update contains that ps3 owners will throw the updates aside. All this did was make things a big bigger,the clock changed and now you can see how many of your friends are on without pressing right,shows you wats new on the psn may it be video,games or the network and geniral and you can click it from the xmb easly and quickly. So in short it just makes things even more smooth and acessible.

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts

Better late than never.

EvanTheGamer
Woot! Year is beginning for PS3 when it is ending for every normal person in a few months. But I guess it's not bad for cows who now get everything xbox live had like 2 years ago
EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EvanTheGamer

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

Better late than never.

93soccer

Woot! Year is beginning for PS3 when it is ending for every normal person in a few months. But I guess it's not bad for cows who now get everything xbox live had like 2 years ago

When will XBL have free internet?

That's what I thought.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

[QUOTE="93soccer"][QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

Better late than never.

EvanTheGamer

That's what I thought.

Silver accounts are free.....

Also congrats on not having your battery life indicator blocking the time, was it worth the wait?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
[QUOTE="kejigoto"]

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

Woot! Year is beginning for PS3 when it is ending for every normal person in a few months. But I guess it's not bad for cows who now get everything xbox live had like 2 years ago93soccer

That's what I thought.

Silver accounts are free.....

Also congrats on not having your battery life indicator blocking the time, was it worth the wait?

i can't believe sony did that in the first place TBH...
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

For people wondering what this update come with.

Straight from the PS Blog.

Additional highlights from update 3.00 include:

• "What's New" – The "Information Board" will be replaced with a "What's New" section, which allows you to enjoy interactive PlayStation news every time you start the PS3 system. Located under the PlayStation Network icon, "What's New" displays the latest and greatest game, video, PlayStation Network and PlayStation news and releases, as well as your recently played games, in a sleek, new animated format.
  • Status Indicator – In the top right corner we've added an indicator bar, which displays your user icon, friend icon, the number of friends you have online and a small message icon to let you know if you have any new messages. The indicator also includes a scrolling ticker that features the latest news from PlayStation Network. In addition, when you press the PS button, the battery life indicator will no longer cover up the clock.
  • Friends List – Now your PlayStation Network friends will appear in a slightly redesigned format on your Friends List. Also, messages will now be viewable from each of your friends' respective profiles.
  • PlayStation Store Shortcuts – We've added a handy shortcut icon to the PlayStation Store under both the Game and Video categories so you can access the latest content quickly and easily.
  • Personalization – Personalize your PS3 with new dynamic custom themes and avatars. Dynamic themes as well as free and premium avatars will be available through PlayStation Store. A dynamic theme takes your screen to a whole new level as it incorporates animated objects into the background.
  • Trophies – Showcasing your hard earned trophies just got better. Update 3.00 gives game developers the ability to modify how they display trophies for add-on content. Base and add-on game trophies will continue to be combined into a single list so you can see where you stand in a game as a whole. Within that list, trophies will be broken out into subcategories—base trophies and add-on trophies—that way, you can easily view the percentage of your base game trophy collection, and separately track your trophy progress in add-on packs. Look for this enhancement to be included in upcoming games.
EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 EvanTheGamer

• "What's New" – The "Information Board" will be replaced with a "What's New" section, which allows you to enjoy interactive PlayStation news every time you start the PS3 system. Located under the PlayStation Network icon, "What's New" displays the latest and greatest game, video, PlayStation Network and PlayStation news and releases, as well as your recently played games, in a sleek, new animated format.
  • Status Indicator – In the top right corner we've added an indicator bar, which displays your user icon, friend icon, the number of friends you have online and a small message icon to let you know if you have any new messages. The indicator also includes a scrolling ticker that features the latest news from PlayStation Network. In addition, when you press the PS button, the battery life indicator will no longer cover up the clock.
  • Friends List – Now your PlayStation Network friends will appear in a slightly redesigned format on your Friends List. Also, messages will now be viewable from each of your friends' respective profiles.
  • PlayStation Store Shortcuts – We've added a handy shortcut icon to the PlayStation Store under both the Game and Video categories so you can access the latest content quickly and easily.
  • Personalization – Personalize your PS3 with new dynamic custom themes and avatars. Dynamic themes as well as free and premium avatars will be available through PlayStation Store. A dynamic theme takes your screen to a whole new level as it incorporates animated objects into the background.
  • Trophies – Showcasing your hard earned trophies just got better. Update 3.00 gives game developers the ability to modify how they display trophies for add-on content. Base and add-on game trophies will continue to be combined into a single list so you can see where you stand in a game as a whole. Within that list, trophies will be broken out into subcategories—base trophies and add-on trophies—that way, you can easily view the percentage of your base game trophy collection, and separately track your trophy progress in add-on packs. Look for this enhancement to be included in upcoming games.

Jynxzor

I think I just came : D

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ironcreed

I personally dig the new PS3 logo more than the spiderman font Playstation 3 one, so getting the same start up screen as the slim is a plus in my book. Still going to wait a day or so before downloading it just to make sure all the kinks are worked out, but it sounds rather nice to me. Looking forward to the new look.

djohnstonXCII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 djohnstonXCII
Member since 2009 • 177 Posts

i just installed it but now for some reason i cant connect to PSN...neither wired nor wireless connection

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ironcreed

i just installed it but now for some reason i cant connect to PSN...neither wired nor wireless connection

djohnstonXCII

Slammed servers apparently. A lot of people over on the PS3 board are saying the same. Another reason why I am waiting.:)

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

djohnstonXCII
It's not just you, everyone is having this problem. Biggest part of the update is dynamic themes, can't wait till people can make them so I can get some Kratos ripping off Helios's head playing in my background :P.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

[QUOTE="93soccer"][QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]

Better late than never.

EvanTheGamer

That's what I thought.

Oh sure because 50$ for 1 year (about 4$ a month) is SOOOO expensive and with the quality of service XBL offer i don't mind paying 50$. You'll pay more for a game that will last you 8h. (that is if you are someone who buy on launch)

djohnstonXCII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 djohnstonXCII
Member since 2009 • 177 Posts
[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

[QUOTE="djohnstonXCII"]

Slammed servers apparently. A lot of people over on the PS3 board are saying the same. Another reason why I am waiting.:)

Ok thanks...that makes sense :D
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

i could care less about the firmware unlless it had a a thing where it allows all games to play our own music.

MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MizFitAwesome
Member since 2009 • 2745 Posts

Jynxzor

This is what everyones so excited about?

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

3.0 is terrible

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Seems like they should have saved 3.0 for something...better.
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

They completely ruined the XMB for me. The words look way too huge, no need for all the PS store icons and I don't like the scrolling words in the top right corner. All this stuff just adds on extra things for my ps3 to do which in return makes it very hot.

CAlNlAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CAlNlAC
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts

Just wondering. Does anyone here know how to get rid of the What's New display that shows up under the clock on the XMB? I went to the System settings and turned it off but its still showing up and its annoying me.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Better late than never.

EvanTheGamer

A firmware update doesn't make a year, the AAAE's do.

Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Just wondering. Does anyone here know how to get rid of the What's New display that shows up under the clock on the XMB? I went to the System settings and turned it off but its still showing up and its annoying me.

CAlNlAC

I don't think you can which sucks.

KaoSXFACTOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KaoSXFACTOR
Member since 2009 • 1059 Posts

Lol it seems like this update has caused A LOT of problems for PS3 owners.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board?board.id=ps3updates