ps3 exclusives or xbox360 exclusives?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

[QUOTE="bokiloki"]

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Uncharted - 6 hour game, very repetitive with a lame twist and the lamest last boss in the history of video games

Heavenly Sword - 5 hour game and not very fun at all

Killzone 2 - does anyone even play this online anymore? lol

Resistance 2 - tries too hard to be a Halo/Call of Duty hybrid and comes off as a generic shooter, no wonder this flopped. Gears 2 annihilated it

Infamous - nothing special, not worth a $299 console

LittleBigPlanet - bad gameplay (the platforming is very boring and akward - wish it was more like Mario 2D) and the level editor takes too long to make any decent level

Metla Gear Solid 4 - just a movie, no good gameplay (if ther eis any) and the color palette sucks

360 wins.

Shattered007

so the color palette in mgs4 sucks, but gears rules lol

"resistance 2 is a generic shooter", and what is halo, gears and call of duty?

It took me 9 hours to beat uncharted and the second one will have multiplayer and co op. Plus it has multiple difficulties and trophies now.

you obivously dont have a ps3 and wish you could play the games you listed. its ok man maybe you'll get one for christmas from mommy.

Don't know about Resistance 2 but Halo3>Resistance 1. Same for Uncharted, but to be honest, it was due to some pretty bad gameplay elements. I couldn't stand the unbalanced weapones in the game... But he didn't mention Uncharted 2 so that's kinda off his post...

I didn't mention Uncharted 2 because it isn't even out yet. There just isn't that many PS3 games and almost none are worth buying (many can be beaten in 1 or 2 days).

bokiloki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 bokiloki
Member since 2008 • 1452 Posts

[QUOTE="bokiloki"]

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Uncharted - 6 hour game, very repetitive with a lame twist and the lamest last boss in the history of video games

Heavenly Sword - 5 hour game and not very fun at all

Resistance 2 - tries too hard to be a Halo/Call of Duty hybrid and comes off as a generic shooter, no wonder this flopped. Gears 2 annihilated it

Infamous - nothing special, not worth a $299 console

LittleBigPlanet - bad gameplay (the platforming is very boring and akward - wish it was more like Mario 2D) and the level editor takes too long to make any decent level

Metla Gear Solid 4 - just a movie, no good gameplay (if ther eis any) and the color palette sucks

360 wins.

Shattered007

It took me 9 hours to beat uncharted and the second one will have multiplayer and co op. Plus it has multiple difficulties and trophies now.

you obivously dont have a ps3 and wish you could play the games you listed. its ok man maybe you'll get one for christmas from mommy.

Don't know about Resistance 2 but Halo3>Resistance 1. Same for Uncharted, but to be honest, it was due to some pretty bad gameplay elements. I couldn't stand the unbalanced weapones in the game... But he didn't mention Uncharted 2 so that's kinda off his post...

well i was saying that he called resistance a "generic shooter" when we all know halo and cod are as generic as they come, for uncharted vs gears, i liked uncharted better because its not just a shooter but it also has platforming and puzzles, where gears is non stop shooting. and i mentioned uncharted 2 because i wanted to point out theat naughty dog were adressing the first ones weaknesses with the sequel, replay value + they added trophies to the first which at least adds replay value to the 1st one.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

[QUOTE="Shattered007"][QUOTE="bokiloki"]

bokiloki

well i was saying that he called resistance a "generic shooter" when we all know halo and cod are as generic as they come, for uncharted vs gears, i liked uncharted better because its not just a shooter but it also has platforming and puzzles, where gears is non stop shooting. and i mentioned uncharted 2 because i wanted to point out theat naughty dog were adressing the first ones weaknesses with the sequel, replay value + they added trophies to the first which at least adds replay value to the 1st one.

Resistance just tries to rip everything off, it doesn't have its own personality, that's why it is generic. When you see COD being played, you know it's COD. When you see Halo 3 being played, you know it's Halo 3. Resistance 2 tries to be COD/Halo hybrid and comes off as bland and boring. Bland enemies, bland gameplay, bland art direction. It just doesn't have what it takes to be an elite shooter and the sales reflect this. Although R2 was sold the same weak as Gears 2, R2 has yet to catch up to Gears 2's FIRST week sales. Apparently PS3 owners agree with me than R2 isn't good enough.

Gears may be "non-stop shooting" (which isn't entirely true), Uncharted is - run, shoot at pirates and jump on a few platforms. The "puzzles" were a joke (were they even puzzles?), and the platforming seems tacked on. Uncharted was obviously influenced by Gears as well.

bokiloki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 bokiloki
Member since 2008 • 1452 Posts

[QUOTE="bokiloki"]

[QUOTE="Shattered007"] Don't know about Resistance 2 but Halo3>Resistance 1. Same for Uncharted, but to be honest, it was due to some pretty bad gameplay elements. I couldn't stand the unbalanced weapones in the game... But he didn't mention Uncharted 2 so that's kinda off his post...AHUGECAT

Resistance just tries to rip everything off, it doesn't have its own personality, that's why it is generic. When you see COD being played, you know it's COD. When you see Halo 3 being played, you know it's Halo 3. Resistance 2 tries to be COD/Halo hybrid and comes off as bland and boring. Bland enemies, bland gameplay, bland art direction. It just doesn't have what it takes to be an elite shooter and the sales reflect this. Although R2 was sold the same weak as Gears 2, R2 has yet to catch up to Gears 2's FIRST week sales. Apparently PS3 owners agree with me than R2 isn't good enough.

Gears may be "non-stop shooting" (which isn't entirely true), Uncharted is - run, shoot at pirates and jump on a few platforms. The "puzzles" were a joke (were they even puzzles?), and the platforming seems tacked on. Uncharted was obviously influenced by Gears as well.

well i found the weapons "non generic" in resistance 1 and 2, the bullseye is genious, so is the auger, and i still dont think youve played resistance 2 because its campaign is almost nothing like halo. resistance has giant bosses that make it different from other shooters, and how can you bring up sales like they decide if a game is good. if we went by that wii play is one of the greatest games of all time, obviously r2 sales lacked because it released in the holiday, where call of duty dominates+ there was mgs4, little big planet, fallout 3, dead space. resistance 2 is just like halo a generic shooter that does nothing to differentiate from the rest (except the large scale bosses).

bphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 bphan
Member since 2005 • 1666 Posts

I usually only care about multiplatform games which represent 95% of the games out there. And they usually play better on 360, more stable, better graphics, more people, longer lasting online, extra content, released first, so the 360 is still my preferred console of choice.

Avatar image for shadowreaper000
shadowreaper000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 shadowreaper000
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
first lets review ps3 has the metal gear trilogy, (which is currenlty making its way towards the 360), god of war, just recently it got infamous, uumm... there are a few more no need to mention...... the 360 has one of the leading franchises of all time....no other that halo 3, also a game that exceeds even that of halo's......gears of war 1 & 2........ now for the record I own a 360 a ps3 and a wii so i am not judging based on strictly what i own, most ppl vote for the 360 because they only own a 360, or vica versa but let's face it the 2 xbox games mentioned above combined have sold more copies than ALL of the ps3's exclusives so there you go the 360 wins
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#57 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
[QUOTE="Furycliff"]

Both systems have some solid exclusives, and the better one is subjective to what kind of gamer you are.

/endthread

Done and agreed. I prefer 360 franchises like Fable, Halo, Gears to Resistance(I did enjoy 1 &2), KZ(2 was great), and MGS 4(MGS 1-3 are up there as favorites, 4 was good). Are 360 titles better? I don't know. I only know I like them more.
Night-Wolf93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Night-Wolf93
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

This must be a joke right ? cause im actually having more fun playing Killzone 2 than Halo 3 and yes theres alot of 32 players rooms

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16570 Posts

i have both 360 and a ps3. My fave ps3 game so far is uncharted while killzone has amazing gfx but only GOOD gameplay. IF u don't count the pc/xbox games as exclusive, then the ps3 wins other wise its the xbox by a mile. IF u think about it, most pc/xbox games were made for the XBOX in mind and originally belonged soley to the xbox not vice versa, so they should be considered as exclusives to xbox.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#60 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
Ps3 exclusives... Resistance 1 and 2, Killzone 2, Ratchet and clank future series, gt5, infamous, Disgaea 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Socom Confrontation, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted 1 and 2, folklore .... all == better than gears, halo , and fable IMO!
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#61 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
xbox360 cuz nothing measures up to gears and haloARONMAN6
You're kidding, right? MGS4, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Resistance: FoM, Uncharted, R&C Future... all of these aren't good exclusives? MGS4 and KZ2 aslone can beat the hell out of your Gears and Halo. It's simple: PS3 exclusives are better than 360 exclusives 360 multiplats are better than PS3 multiplats.
coola426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 coola426
Member since 2009 • 405 Posts

ps3 users don't buy their exclusives? look at mass effect came out a day later than uncharted and sold 2.08mil while uncharted has sold 2.5mil. crackdown 2 is a game constantly being hyped by 360 fanboys but the first one sold 1.5mil (mainly because of the halo 3 beta). Also lost odyssey claimed by 360 fanboys has one of the best rpgs sold .82mil. Last but not least Halo wars 1.5mil sold. Resistance 2 may not have sold has much has the first but does that mean it sucks? 360 fanboys say that ps3 games suck because they don't sell how about all these hyped 360 games that people are also hyping the sequels? are they selling well? does it mean that they are bad games? the "if it sells its good argument" is stupid because apprently the last guardian and ICO both sold less than 1mil (vgchartz) but everybody knows that they are masterpieces. Bottom fact is don't say ps3 owners don't buy their games when resistance 2 has a higher attach rate than the games i listed. plus ps3 games do actually tend to have higer attach rates for instance madden, cod4 etc

coola426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 coola426
Member since 2009 • 405 Posts

Well I guess I have to go with Ps3 since 2007 really 360 hype has gone down. 360 had 3 worth buying games in 2008(L4D,GEOW2,FABLE 2) only one was AAA (GEOW2). Ps3 had 2 or 3 AAA. LBP, MGS4 and Resistance 2(not sure if it was AAA or not) and a couple more games that were worth buying (two off the top of my head Motorstorm:PR and Valkyria chronicles). And this year is all Ps3 (halo odst, l4d2 and forza 3 against uncharted 2 killzone 2 infamous and demon's souls and even rachet and clank and ngs2!!!) and next year will prob go to ps3 has well. The only game that was out for 360 this year was halo wars (6.5 on gamespot lulz). So in terms of ratings the glory days of 2007 are over. If you dissagree with me then w/e its just an opinion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#64 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
How can anyone defeat such a tremendously well thought-out argument?! :o I prefer Xbox 360 exclusives, though I haven't had much experience in regards to PS3 exclusives so it's not like my opinion rests on a solid foundation. :P
h25k95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 h25k95
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts
I prefer ps3 because i like god of war 3 and all other ps3 games
davaniius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 davaniius
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts

lulz. PS3 exclusives>360 exclusives 360 multiplats>PS3 multiplats /threadMonsieurX

This.