PS3 Can Handle Splinter Cell Conviction - Ubisoft

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts

Xbox 360 exclusivity is "purely a business decision", says Lead Designer; "we could absolutely execute on the PS3".

CONMAN999PS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CONMAN999PS
Member since 2008 • 1163 Posts
If anybody has this I'd love to play with them. And if you want to go for the Swift Delivery trophy and know anyone else that has this game, just tell me.
thew13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 thew13
Member since 2004 • 837 Posts
This is a surprise, why????
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Other than Diluted fanboy's that believe E3 Ubi PR statements, didn't we all really know this?

Looking at Splinter Cell's History, looking at Ubisoft's History, looking at M$ History...this was a no-brainer.

Like I said two years ago, Splinter Cell is a Timed Exclusive.

That being said, I'm buying it day one because I have the luxury of owning all systems.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

Well we could see that splinter cell conviction could be done on wii for all that matter. The game has terrible graphics tbh. Alot worse than alan wake, and even halo odst.

Stoner-Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stoner-Pimp
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts
This is a surprise, why????thew13
Pretty much this, did anyone really think it couldn't?.
Avatar image for brothirhudsteel
brothirhudsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 brothirhudsteel
Member since 2009 • 76 Posts
Of course it can, it's a modified Chaos engine. Doesn't mean it's not one of the best looking games of 2009.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Hmm, too bad it's not on the system, though. This is a badass stealth game, not a movie game. I wish everyone could enjoy true stealth games like this one.

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

Was this worth posting? Of course PS3 can handle it, no one really cares.

brothirhudsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 brothirhudsteel

Hmm, too bad it's not on the system, though. This is a badass stealth game, not a movie game. I wish everyone could enjoy true stealth games like this one.

BioShockOwnz
This sir is right. I can't belive how some people belive it's not a stealth game. Double Agent get's criticized because of it's "action" but it's one of the most stealthful games on the market, second only to Chaos Theory and Thief maybe.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

brothirhudsteel

This sir is right. I can't belive how some people belive it's not a stealth game. Double Agent get's criticized because of it's "action" but it's one of the most stealthful games on the market, second only to Chaos Theory and Thief maybe.

This is stealth taken to the next level. It's quick, smooth, and seamless.

brothirhudsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 brothirhudsteel

Silly business decision considering the PS3 earns them more money.

Slashkice
But Splinter Cell series would probably sell more on xbox. However i agree with you, they would make more money anyway.
brothirhudsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 brothirhudsteel
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="brothirhudsteel"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

This is stealth taken to the next level. It's quick, smooth, and seamless.

Also, people forget SC:C's MULTIPLAYER. SC multiplayer has always been top notch. Even DA's multiplayer (which completely butchered the spies) is amazing and stealthy, and i play it to this day.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

brothirhudsteel

The only people that say the splinter cell games are not stealth are the ones that have never played them ever. SC is not like games like MGS for example where you just have the option of stealth. In SC games you can not get through even the first stage if you try to gun your way through it. First off you will wind up getting shot to hell and even then you never have enough ammo to shoot your way through stages.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Silly business decision considering the PS3 earns them more money.

Slashkice

Where? In Uzbekistan?

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Thank god they didn't say the whole "CAN ONLY BEEN DONE ON 360!!!!" +1 respect.
brothirhudsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 brothirhudsteel
[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="brothirhudsteel"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

The only people that say the splinter cell games are not stealth are the ones that have never played them ever. SC is not like games like MGS for example where you just have the option of stealth. In SC games you can not get through the first stage even if you try to gun your way through it. First off you will wind up getting shot to hell and even then you never have enough ammo to shoot your way through stages.

Nah, you CAN beat stages gunz blazing (ive done it), but it's not fun, and you have to take cover every 2 sec and not waste any bullets.
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
I still expect it to come out on PS3, but for now another weight tipping the scales for me to buy a 360.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
any game with the right amount of dev time could be on anything. except maybe the wii.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="brothirhudsteel"] This sir is right. I can't belive how some people belive it's not a stealth game. Double Agent get's criticized because of it's "action" but it's one of the most stealthful games on the market, second only to Chaos Theory and Thief maybe.brothirhudsteel
The only people that say the splinter cell games are not stealth are the ones that have never played them ever. SC is not like games like MGS for example where you just have the option of stealth. In SC games you can not get through the first stage even if you try to gun your way through it. First off you will wind up getting shot to hell and even then you never have enough ammo to shoot your way through stages.

Nah, you CAN beat stages gunz blazing (ive done it), but it's not fun, and you have to take cover every 2 sec and not waste any bullets.

You got me beat then. I have tried but just face dive into the ground.
franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 franky_babylon
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts

[QUOTE="thew13"]This is a surprise, why????Stoner-Pimp
Pretty much this, did anyone really think it couldn't?.

Exactly. I havent seen any game on 360 or PS3 that couldnt be done on either platform.

byge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 byge
Member since 2005 • 930 Posts
Its probably timed deal, It'll be on the ps3 within a year probably
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
After seeing MGS4, of course they are going to say this :| I wonder if they will even break even on this game, i think Splinter Cell: DA only sold 2 million across all platforms.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

I'd think that was quite obvious, seeing as a Splinter Cell doesn't look nearly as good as some PS3 exclusives.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

And the point of this thread is what?

There are a number of games on the PS3 that can be done on the 360, does it mean anything? Nope.

All this really does is provide more ammo for those people who play the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" game and that the "what if's" weigh more than true fact. Just like Mass Effect 2, this one is an exclusive until otherwise stated and as it stands right now, neither title is going to the PS3. I'm sure Microsoft laid down a fair amount of money to keep this one on their system, especially considering the series started out on the Xbox and the battle for exclusives is getting much more clutch these days.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

BioShockOwnz

well, it's not those games fault that people compare them, they are not really alike, comparing mgs and sc is like comparing star wars and star trek.

star wars = fantasy with wizards and princesses and monsters

star trek = sci fi

in the same vein:

mgs = j-dev action with over the top villians, bald smoking monkeys and poop jokes

sc = stealth action with a more down to earth storylines

anyway as far as the topic goes, no kidding, we all know both systems can run any game the other one has

brothirhudsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 brothirhudsteel
After seeing MGS4, of course they are going to say this :| I wonder if they will even break even on this game, i think Splinter Cell: DA only sold 2 million across all platforms. Adrian_Cloud
It's a MS exclusive.. And it has awesome graphics.. And multiplayer.. MS Marketing Ensued.
noble_aryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 noble_aryan
Member since 2009 • 722 Posts

BioShockOwnz

hahahahaha....you wish u had MGS4. splinter cell sucks........"im going...im going....OH SNAP they saw me....GAME OVER" 100% stealth games are boring. in mgs4 it wont be game over if the enemy sees u. in mgs4 you dont have the same terrible disgusting gun play.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

of course the PS3 can handle it.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clone01
[QUOTE="noble_aryan"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

hahahahaha....you wish u had MGS4. splinter cell sucks........"im going...im going....OH SNAP they saw me....GAME OVER" 100% stealth games are boring. in mgs4 it wont be game over if the enemy sees u. in mgs4 you dont have the same terrible disgusting gun play.

so you've played splinter cell?
Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

So when did eveyone think it could only be done on the 360?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

I wasn't aware anyone believed otherwise...

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

noble_aryan

I have MGS4...

br/a href=

I have both AAAA games this gen. :D One is better than the other, as you can see, though. ;) MGS4 is a poor stealth game.

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts

[QUOTE="noble_aryan"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

I have MGS4...

br/a href=

I have both AAAA games this gen. :D One is better than the other, as you can see, though. ;) MGS4 is a poor stealth game.

:roll: depends on how you played it.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="noble_aryan"]hahahahaha....you wish u had MGS4. splinter cell sucks........"im going...im going....OH SNAP they saw me....GAME OVER" 100% stealth games are boring. in mgs4 it wont be game over if the enemy sees u. in mgs4 you dont have the same terrible disgusting gun play.

Adrian_Cloud

I have MGS4...

:roll: depends on how you played it.

I played it as a stealth game. :D

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"] :roll: depends on how you played it.

noble_aryan

you dont no nothing about the mgs series.....lemming. with out mgs ther wont be no splinter cell. was ther ever a splinter cell game ever to score a AAA? mgs is the king of stealth

Lulz, oh dear... *facepalm*

MGS did nothing for the stealth genre, well, except add convoluted narrative and nutty characters. Thief has always been far superior. I could understand if you never played a stealth game before MGS, though. MGS4 is an action game that likes to parade itself around as a stealth game.

simslifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 simslifer
Member since 2009 • 1844 Posts

it will probably come to PS3 later on why did they dump the bearded angry dude.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clone01
[QUOTE="noble_aryan"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"] :roll: depends on how you played it.

you dont no nothing about the mgs series.....lemming. with out mgs ther wont be no splinter cell. was ther ever a splinter cell game ever to score a AAA? mgs is the king of stealth

so he's not allowed to have an opinion?
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

of course it could be put on the ps3.. it wouldnt look as good though..

simslifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 simslifer
Member since 2009 • 1844 Posts

o0squishy0o

i doubt the graphics would be significant enough to notice lol but if they ported it good it would def look better on PS3 which is the greater system just like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 and so on.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
duh....
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

with all the ps3 is more powerful threads isnt this obvious?

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts
[QUOTE="simslifer"]

[QUOTE="o0squishy0o"]

i doubt the graphics would be significant enough to notice lol but if they ported it good it would def look better on PS3 which is the greater system just like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 and so on.

Please please carry on your list... im sure the 360s list of better looking exclusives greatly out ways the other list ;) Haha it would probs just be sharper textures, AA (even my x300 gives me AA Haha) better online community just because of more people with mics etc :) btw I am only sayin it will look better since all other splinter games, and unreal engine games have looked better on the 360. Not sure if this is unreal3 but if it is i would bet a large amount of money on the 360 version Haha
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

noble_aryan

...Wow, completely missed the point of 'stealth', huh? I weep.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
This is a surprise, why????thew13
because ubisoft said it couldnt be done :lol: