PS 3's Resistance trilogy VS Xbox 360's Perfect Dark series

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

PS 3's Resistance trilogy VS Xbox 360's Perfect Dark (XBLA)/Perfect Dark Zero, which was most solid shooter guys?

While i enjoyed Resistance trilogy very much, but i'm voting for Perfect Dark Zero just for nightclub mission.Very stylish mission design and music :)

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

Resistance all the way.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#3 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Perfect dark alone is better than any ps3 fps besides 007

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44568 Posts

Don't make a false equivalence, Resistance released around the time of Gears of War, they were at the launch compared with one another non-stop, much of the time Resistance was being hailed as the PS3's Gears of War. If anything these two game series should be compared and still be compared. That comparison stopped after Uncharted, which then became a Gears vs Uncharted dialog, probably because they were both TPSs that sported that Kill.Switch style cover shooting and were both their consoles' killer apps. Then again I still thought Resistance and Gears were more comparable given their shooter-centric natures and basically about humanity fighting off an alien aggressor.

Well, regardless, Resistance was horrible. As far as TC's topic goes I'd almost choose Perfect Dark by default, "almost" given that I haven't played Perfect Dark so I can't say for sure, but if I were a betting man, my money would be on nothing coming close to being as bad as RFOM was.

I didn't like the second game either. I think it's interesting the mixed reaction people give the third game. I didn't play that. Some people liked it most, some people who liked the previous two games hated the third. Maybe it's the series best game, but I haven't played it yet to know for sure.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Both are solid series (inb4hatersforboth)

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

What an odd comparison.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

One has Resistance 3, one of the best FPS games of the last gen, the other doesn't.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

This is like trying to compare F.E.A.R. to Halo, they're completely different games aiming to accomplish completely different things...

This thread lacks a need to exist.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Resistance 1 and 2 suck, but Resistance 3 is a good game. Perfect Dark Zero is lame, but OG Perfect Dark has cool ideas when you get over those archaic ass controls and shooting mechanics.

Would lean towards Resistance 3.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Resistance all day baby.

R3 alone is pretty damn great by itself.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Difficult to compare really an N64 game + a launch game vs a launch game and 2 sequels on the PS3. I would say Perfect Dark franchise overall, but today its hard not to think Resistance 3 is the best of the bunch, just because of advancements in the FPS genre. Playing Perfect Dark N64 re-release is more nostalgia than a great experience.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Really unsure on why these two are being compared?

I guess resistance if i had to choose which i prefer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Resistance series by far.

Perfect Dark series are good, don't get me wrong though.

Rock-City

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rock-City
Member since 2004 • 1533 Posts

The worst Resistance game shits all over Perfect Dark Zero on its worst day. Bought a 360 for that game and wasn't too happy afterward. The original Perfect Dark though = masterpiece that no Resistance game can touch, and the Resistance games are pretty solid overall. Personally didn't like the way the remaster of Perfect Dark on XBLA felt at 60 frames though.

Perfect Dark>Resistance3>Resistance2>Resistance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Perfect Dark Zero.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

i liked more the original perfect dark, but the 360 one was horrible, hence resistance

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Resistance 3 is better than any Perfect Dark game so that.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Don't make a false equivalence, Resistance released around the time of Gears of War, they were at the launch compared with one another non-stop, much of the time Resistance was being hailed as the PS3's Gears of War. If anything these two game series should be compared and still be compared. That comparison stopped after Uncharted, which then became a Gears vs Uncharted dialog, probably because they were both TPSs that sported that Kill.Switch style cover shooting and were both their consoles' killer apps. Then again I still thought Resistance and Gears were more comparable given their shooter-centric natures and basically about humanity fighting off an alien aggressor.

Well, regardless, Resistance was horrible. As far as TC's topic goes I'd almost choose Perfect Dark by default, "almost" given that I haven't played Perfect Dark so I can't say for sure, but if I were a betting man, my money would be on nothing coming close to being as bad as RFOM was.

I didn't like the second game either. I think it's interesting the mixed reaction people give the third game. I didn't play that. Some people liked it most, some people who liked the previous two games hated the third. Maybe it's the series best game, but I haven't played it yet to know for sure.

PDZ 81 % Meta

Resistance 1 85%

Resistance 2 87%

Resistance 3 83%

The only great PD game was on N64 the rest were OK and lower rated on xbox 360,Resistance was a great game that WORKED great online unlike Gears which was a good looking with mediocre online play.

Bullet lag,host advantage issues,disconnects and the game was 4 vs 4,Resistance was 40 players 20 vs 20 and smooth as butter with some of the coolest weapons ever to touch a FPS,the second one was even better.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Perfect Dark Zero is honestly one of the worst first person shooters I have ever played. Repetitious, flat gunplay, confusing levels, an awful story, braindead AI. It really felt like an N64 title in every way save for graphics. I owned it at launch and remember hating it. Resistance, on the other hand, is an excellently crafted if slightly uninspired series. I still think the original had one of the best FPS campaigns of the last generation -- the pacing was spot on. Resistance 2 was decent albeit a disappointment, and Resistance 3 really did the original justice. Felt like the sequel 2 should have been. Overall a great series and in no way should it ever be compared to the trash that was PDZ.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

I've never played Perfect Dark, but I didn't mind the Resistance games (especially 2).

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Resistance series by far