Power of the Cloud, DX12 Sauce, Illumiroom, Hololens, Scorpio...

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It must be nice. The idea of conceptually lining up like good little soldiers in trench warfare on behalf of the XBox and its promises again and again and again. I don't know how some of you do it, but you do it brilliantly. Even better, no one even blames you for it, really. At first, as a newbie to System Wars, it seemed utterly bizarre and perplexing at good times and truly maddening at the worst of times.

But the joke was always on me. Butthurt was dished out and the lols were had, and that's probably what is important. Now, we here 'fam! The PS4 Pro is now a very real thing with all of its faults and realities. It is a tangible box that you can spend real money on and get a real box with plastic bits and bobs delivered to you in early November. It looks like a McDonald's Big Mac and an SR-71 had a love child. The new controller has a little sliver of light up at the top so that way you don't have to hold up the controller to know what its status is. All very very real stuff. Yet, miraculously, there is a shadow looming over the System Wars. At least according to one faction here, all is not well in the Land of System Wars. Off in the distance, a Scorpio thunders. It's "obviously" the most powerful power box that ever powered from a power outlet. The powers of its power will power through the most powerful of foes that bend to it's power with powerful authority. Yet, for everyone here that had a good laugh at my thread with the sketches of the "Neo", the truth of the matter is that the Scorpio is even less than that.

It just makes me wonder.. From an engineering aspect, there's a lot that can be accomplished with the right calculations and a pen with paper. When it comes to Microsoft, we have seen almost innumerable times their ability to dream up a vision for a product but their equal inability to actually deliver said product. Hell, their inability to deliver on their promises repeatedly with the same product in the specific case of the Xbox One. You need only look at the title of this thread. I won't pretend to understand the mentality that it is better to cheer a paper tiger than a real tangible thing you can have and hold. Nevermind that it is on this promise you hinge the hopes and dreams of every waking day from now until over a year from now on this. As far as I, personally am concerned, it is much more likely that when E3 2017 rolls around Microsoft will announce some SUPER ULTRA MEGA tantalizing feature they are adding to the XBox One and then try to run XBox Scorpio's final specifications like the small print at the end of the credits of a big budget movie.

And you will eat that shit up. Like you always do. It would be .4 TFlops faster than the PS4 Pro in reality, but since that paper tiger was put on a pedestal for so long it will be the sweetest most high quality .4 TFlops that ever graced a videogame. ...and then you will spend the next year hyping thread after thread after thread about the new thing that is supposed to make you forget about the old thing that was promised. Or, maybe something really crazy will happen like they start delivering on a really really old thing that was promised and you will have infinite Cloud Power? How is Crackdown, anyway?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

It's a "shew gets his salt on" episode

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shewgenja

@freedomfreak said:

It's a "shew gets his salt on" episode

Starting to look a lot like a "FreedomFreak don't got shit" Episode, too. I guess the cycle is complete.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Damage control, damage control, damage control, damage control.......

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

TC is mad that NeoFlop is 2TF slower than the Scorpio. It will be ok dude. Relax. These are just games.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

"FreedomFreak don't got shit" Episode, too.

And we know you've got no shortage of that, considering the stuff you type down here on a daily basis

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

You mean 1.4 tflop more, a least try to make a xbox thread without trying sound like a fanboy

Beavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Beavis
Member since 2016 • 131 Posts

Well we did hear all generation from Lems about the Xbox Ones Secret Sauce, DX12, and Power of the Clouds.

But it actually never came to fruition because of all of that hype talk couldn't overcome the Xbox Ones bottlenecks.

But.. The Scorpio seems to be the equivalant of what Lems originally hoped for with all the "secret sauce, DX12, Clouds" talk.

Because the Scorpio will now actually have the Power to back up the claims.

So the hype for the Scorpio seems to be real at this point.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shewgenja

@chikenfriedrice said:

I don't even want the PS4 Pro.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chikenfriedrice

@Shewgenja said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

I don't even want the PS4 Pro.

Me neither....I was all set until Sony botched it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#11 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Obviously a thread trying to stem the current events conversations of Pro being a let down and the internet ripping it. Lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shewgenja

@cainetao11 said:

Obviously a thread trying to stem the current events conversations of Pro being a let down and the internet ripping it. Lol

Come on, just admit it, MS has bullshit us all generation long. No need to throw baseless accusations about the OP just because the truth is what it is.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Well at least they dropped Kinect and we know Cloud doesn't do what they said it would.

Gamers united and won, thanks to SONY.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kvally
@cainetao11 said:

The 2TF loss to the Scorpio is killing them all.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#15  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Shewgenja: Sony's meeting was so good you had to make an Xbox post?

Lol Sept 7th for the win!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja

@kvally said:
@cainetao11 said:

The 2TF loss to the Scorpio is killing them all.

It's killing me that you guys are hyping some hypothetical Fugazi yet again. Completely irrespective of the PS4 Pro or not.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Why do we keep mentioning DirectX12 when even the big guy himself said "it will do nothing for the Xbox" ..... DX12's advantages (beyond graphics improvements) is mainly for the PC platform....

Oh right, cows are desperate.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

People have always fallen for buzzwords. Even Cows. They even turned "8GB of GDDR5" into a buzzword and it's a real thing!

This place is funny though because it works in circles. The mid-gen refresh has cause Cows to lose their power advantage prematurely, though. Power, resolution and framerate have been all the rage the past 3 years. But in 2017 it's the Lems that will be foaming at the mouth when the new Digital Foundry analysis comes out. And you would think that the Cows would be bragging about having a year lead over Scorpio and how the PS4 Pro makes the Xbox One even more obsolete. Instead they have turned on Sony which is shocking. Many of them are still in hiding too though.

Me personally, I'm more excited for the PS4 Pro than the Scorpio because the PS4 Pro gives me games and improvements I can only get there. My PC already beats the Scorpio so why would I buy it? I went ahead and bought a Xbox One S for 4K Bluray playback and put a preorder in for the PS4 Pro. That should hold me over for gaming, 4K Bluray playback and PSVR until the next consoles.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shewgenja

@GoldenElementXL said:

People have always fallen for buzzwords. Even Cows. They even turned "8GB of GDDR5" into a buzzword and it's a real thing!

This place is funny though because it works in circles. The mid-gen refresh has cause Cows to lose their power advantage prematurely, though. Power, resolution and framerate have been all the rage the past 3 years. But in 2017 it's the Lems that will be foaming at the mouth when the new Digital Foundry analysis comes out. And you would think that the Cows would be bragging about having a year lead over Scorpio and how the PS4 Pro makes the Xbox One even more obsolete. Instead they have turned on Sony which is shocking. Many of them are still in hiding too though.

Me personally, I'm more excited for the PS4 Pro than the Scorpio because the PS4 Pro gives me games and improvements I can only get there. My PC already beats the Scorpio so why would I buy it? I went ahead and bought a Xbox One S for 4K Bluray playback and put a preorder in for the PS4 Pro. That should hold me over for gaming, 4K Bluray playback and PSVR until the next consoles.

I'm trying to decide if I want to get an S for the UHD Bluray or if I will just put a UHD drive in my PC. It will be a slight bit more of a pain to walk to my PC to change discs.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I'm trying to decide if I want to get an S for the UHD Bluray or if I will just put a UHD drive in my PC. It will be a slight bit more of a pain to walk to my PC to change discs.

I think that should depend on your setup. My 4K T.V. will be in my game room so the XB1S made more sense. Is your PC hooked up to a 4K T.V. or 4K monitor? A UHD drive doesn't make sense for me since I only have a 1440p monitor. I doubt I will get a 4K monitor until this one dies. 4K at 27" is silly to me.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

All I know is that the ps4 breaks down a lot more than the xboxone.

I also know that the ps4 pro is very aggressively priced, if it's able to run 1080p games better than the ps4 I might be tempted.

also

couldn't you make a thread that was a bit more easy on the eyes. Christ so much text

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chikenfriedrice

@Shewgenja said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Is there even a UHD drive available for PC...I looked before I bought the S and couldn't find anything. Maybe I missed something?

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@Shewgenja: Cows and idiots like you bring up all those things in your topic title more than lems, your thread proves it! Lol. Phil even said directx12 or whatever would have no impact on the power of X1. How's Shenmue 3, TLG, FFVII remake, Kojimas new game? All the games you idiots fall for but don't realese till years later. Hell cows prove their dumb as **** because of NMS. Remember how your dumbass bought that twice? You're owned.

/thread.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

The number of times tc moved the goalposts in the same op.....

-Its a year away

-its not even that much more powerful anyways, so ha!

Now all TC needs is to add a "PS5 is just around the corner" to the OP to complete the cow trifecta of butthurt.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kvally

@GoldenElementXL: but the majority of PS4 games are also on PC. And console gamers are not all PC gamers. And not all Xbox games will be on PC.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44611 Posts

It's okay @Shewgenja, you're in a safe place, show us on the doll where Sony touched you.

I know right now you gotta be feeling like...

Loading Video...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cainetao11

@Shewgenja: I challenge anyone to show me where I was a secret sauce praised in terms of X1. Cloud is used for drivatars, and crackdown online supposedly. Have to see if that ever comes out.

I still don't see how that refutes what I posted. You are beating this drum, a topic that is old, that most of us have discussed already and most of us know was corporate salesmanship.

What I said was why you are doing it today. You're butthurt about the current conversation around gaming being the let down that is the PS4 Pro. So bring up this old shit again. Cry it out, you'll feel better.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cainetao11

@thedork_knight: Absolutely epic!! Lmao ?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#30 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69816 Posts

This thread is sad. Why make such a strong DC thread?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shewgenja

@cainetao11 said:

@Shewgenja: I challenge anyone to show me where I was a secret sauce praised in terms of X1. Cloud is used for drivatars, and crackdown online supposedly. Have to see if that ever comes out.

I still don't see how that refutes what I posted. You are beating this drum, a topic that is old, that most of us have discussed already and most of us know was corporate salesmanship.

What I said was why you are doing it today. You're butthurt about the current conversation around gaming being the let down that is the PS4 Pro. So bring up this old shit again. Cry it out, you'll feel better.

How about this for a challenge.

Show me a time they didn't. Show me an example of a Lem who stamped their foot on the ground and said "Not this time, MS. Not falling for it." The way I see it, ya'll can't bite the hand that feeds for shit.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cainetao11

@Shewgenja: I saw quite a few do it in the thread from E3 2013 X1. Some of us were vocal right then and there about the stupid policies. I'll search when I'm home.

Nothing to refute what my initial comment spoke of still. The only reason you made this thread is an attempt to change the current events conversation in gaming. Pro is a let down, you're butthurt. Plain to see your motivation for bringing up what we have all spoken about before.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

TC I start to respect your opinions for real, but it's not only on system wars the PS4 Pro hate... Take a look everywhere on the internet. Twitter, facebook, reddit, PS4 forums, other gaming websites. For now we cannot say what Scorpio will offer, the only thing we know is that it will be more powerfull then the PS4 Pro, if it really will use the recourses? Well that's an other question. The "cloud" again is just a server to download recourses from to support your game (network always up I suppose) Again if they will hold their word? We don't know yet.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

It's okay @Shewgenja, you're in a safe place, show us on the doll where Sony touched you.

I know right now you gotta be feeling like...

Loading Video...

Always entertaining watching Francis loose his marbles :)

Loading Video...

This must be his evil twin brother.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@cainetao11 said:

How about this for a challenge.

Show me a time they didn't. Show me an example of a Lem who stamped their foot on the ground and said "Not this time, MS. Not falling for it." The way I see it, ya'll can't bite the hand that feeds for shit.

Your butthurt has reached epic proportions shew. I think it's time you take a step back from gaming forums and news conferences. This meltdown shows you've gone right over the edge dude.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shewgenja

@kingtito said:

Your butthurt has reached epic proportions shew. I think it's time you take a step back from gaming forums and news conferences. This meltdown shows you've gone right over the edge dude.

But, the thing is, the thread isn't about me. It's about you. You have to make it about me because the past three years show you guys for what you really are. I'm okay with that.

Keep on 'lemmin.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

someone feeling salty

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:

But, the thing is, the thread isn't about me. It's about you. You have to make it about me because the past three years show you guys for what you really are. I'm okay with that.

Keep on 'lemmin.

It's not about me buddy. This thread is about you being butthurt. You've been DCing for weeks now and this thread only proves my point. Your hatred for MS is well known and it was a nice try to deflect but we all know the truth behind this thread.......cream and make sure you apply generous amounts, the butthurt is massive

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cainetao11

@Shewgenja: Lol nope. Lemmings may be the subject but it's saying more about you currently than anyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

sums up this thread replace the ps3 with the ugly ps4 pro triple cheeseburger that didn't look very cool to me

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Shewgenja

@cainetao11 said:

@Shewgenja: Lol nope. Lemmings may be the subject but it's saying more about you currently than anyone else.

What bout the fact that no one has offered a single rebuttal discussing any of the actual points in the OP? What does that say more about?

We are at almost a full page of "Shewgenja is a doodyface cow" and little else.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cainetao11

@Shewgenja: How about because this is all old news? Just about everything you brought up today to bash MS and Xbox has been discussed already.

It's so painfully obvious it's an "I'm tired of seeing PS4 Poo discussions. I know!!! Let's bring back this past dirt because I feel better then."

Why should we discuss this again when a big news day happened just yesterday?

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@cainetao11 said:

What bout the fact that no one has offered a single rebuttal discussing any of the actual points in the OP? What does that say more about?

We are at almost a full page of "Shewgenja is a doodyface cow" and little else.

Crackdown 3 is a game using the cloud for computing. Are you going to deny Crackdown 3 exists and Microsoft has shown demos of the game and the level of destruction?

DX12 was always touted by Microsoft it will improve frame rates not resolution. And most first party games on xbox one run a solid 60fps.

Hololens was never put out there as a gaming device?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#44 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

So funny. I want more!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shewgenja

@sts106mat said:

@freedomfreak: tune in tomorrow for more of the same shite

I keep it fresh. Fleek Mode 4 lyfe.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

I don't know why you bought up Hololens. Since it was never married as a gaming device. That alone shows your extreme stupidity

SuperFlyZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SuperFlyZero
Member since 2015 • 414 Posts

Cows and lemmings are dumb, mkay?