Poll: Switch launch window sales performance amazing against lots of odds?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Poll: Switch launch window sales performance amazing against lots of odds? (47 votes)

Definitely. 36%
Probably. 15%
Maybe. 19%
Unlikely. 4%
Nope. 26%

I am getting the impression the Switch is quite a success but surprised at how it's doing for a new console that:

-Has little to no B/C

-One of the strongest software appeal is a port

-Few launch titles

-Few features (no browser, BT support for a handheld)

-Largest handheld console and actively cooled

-Hardware woes

Do you guys think the Switch's launch window sales performance is amazing lots of these odds?

What console can compare to this kind of launch and still be somewhat successful?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Just goes to show what a difference a genuine system seller makes.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Exclusives sell systems. What odds? This shouldn't exactly be a big shocker. Say what you will about BoTW being on the WiiU but no one is going to go out and buy a dead system for a single game at this point and the Switch launch price is mass market accessible.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Exclusives sell systems. What odds? This shouldn't exactly be a big shocker. Say what you will about BoTW being on the WiiU but no one is going to go out and buy a dead system for a single game at this point and the Switch launch price is mass market accessible.

You are correct, no one will go out to buy a Wii U to play BoTw, however the Wii U has 10x the install base of the Switch. Most of the people that would want to play BoTW already own a Wii U. I wouldn't' be surprised if the Wii U version of BoTW is the better selling version.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shewgenja

@skektek: Which is just fine. Very few and far between that someone would get the WiiU and pass on being a Switch owner at some eventual point.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

"Largest handheld console"

It's also the first...

The hybrid concept still seems to be lost on some. At least we all understand this is a new console. I don't think Nintendo could survive another Wii U marketing disaster.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

I... couldn't honestly tell you.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I am constantly enamored with all the different ways I can play the switch. Played it at work last week in tabletop mode. Handheld mode on the train ride home. Then later at home on the TV with the pro controller. Then for kicks on Sunday I played with the joycon grip. It's truly an endearing little console that fits however you want to play in the moment.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bread_or_Decide

@skektek said:
@Shewgenja said:

You are correct, no one will go out to buy a Wii U to play BoTw, however the Wii U has 10x the install base of the Switch. Most of the people that would want to play BoTW already own a Wii U. I wouldn't' be surprised if the Wii U version of BoTW is the better selling version.

I'm just glad that BOTW, a true game changer in the industry, isn't tethered to the dead Wii U. That would have been a darn shame.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I think the switch will do great.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@skektek said:
@Shewgenja said:

That's not necessarily true. The Wii U sold 13 million consoles in its lifetime, but that doesn't mean there are 13 million current Wii U owners. You have to factor in people selling their consoles due to indifference, financial reasons, etc. Especially when the system has struggled as much as the Wii U has, I can't imagine close to everybody who purchased one still has one.

Plus, a lot of Wii U owners are die hard Nintendo fans, and those are the type of fans who are going to buy the newest Nintendo console as soon as they can, so at least a decent amount of Wii U owners still bought the Switch version.

On the other hand, I've talked to my local GameStop folk, and they've said with the Switch shortages, Wii U sales have actually improved for those who couldn't wait to play Zelda.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Here's the thing about launches... one generally knows what a company is capable of delivering. You have a good idea of what the system will eventually have on it before it even launches. Nintendo, Sony and MS fans will buy their respective launch systems even if their favorite game has yet to show.

There are more than a couple million Nintendo fans so time will tell if the more casual market bites. That said, the NS is selling because of its portable factor; especially in Japan. It's a great system for commuting. One could make an argument for any of the launch games but with Zelda, the launch was successful; reports are that nearly every Switch sold with a copy of Zelda. Mario Kart will be another big seller regardless of being a port as most skipped Wii-U.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

"-Has little to no B/C"

Has this ever affected any launch in the history of ever?

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@skektek: I would be very surprised if the Wii U version is the best selling version. The Wii U version has barely even been reviewed by most outlets; it has 11 critic reviews on metacritic versus 104 for the Switch version. This is probably a good indication of where the interest lies. People have associated Zelda BotW with Nintendo Switch much the same way people associated Zelda Twilight Princess with the Wii. The GameCube version fell into general neglect because by that point no one was interested in a dead system or in paying full price to own more games for it. The Wii version, much like the Switch version for BotW, was new and exciting, paving the way for the future of Nintendo consoles. It is also not just a system seller; it is the system seller, sporting a preposterously high metacritic score and worldwide acclaim.

To top all that off, new console launches have a tendency to sell well during their first couple months, even when they lack good software.

All that is to say the Switch's performances isn't terribly surprising; the surprising thing would be if it continues to sell out and have shortages a year from now and if Nintendo simply cannot keep up with demand. That would be proof that we have another Wii on our hands.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@skektek said:
@Shewgenja said:

That's not necessarily true. The Wii U sold 13 million consoles in its lifetime, but that doesn't mean there are 13 million current Wii U owners. You have to factor in people selling their consoles due to indifference, financial reasons, etc. Especially when the system has struggled as much as the Wii U has, I can't imagine close to everybody who purchased one still has one.

Plus, a lot of Wii U owners are die hard Nintendo fans, and those are the type of fans who are going to buy the newest Nintendo console as soon as they can, so at least a decent amount of Wii U owners still bought the Switch version.

On the other hand, I've talked to my local GameStop folk, and they've said with the Switch shortages, Wii U sales have actually improved for those who couldn't wait to play Zelda.

When you sell a console, somebody else is buying it.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

"Largest handheld console"

It's also the first...

The hybrid concept still seems to be lost on some. At least we all understand this is a new console. I don't think Nintendo could survive another Wii U marketing disaster.

I perfectly know what it is and only listed what I've been reading about the system for some of the complaints.

I do know that Nintendo has consolidated its efforts in a single system as opposed to Nintendo's last gens.

As a "hybrid" you get double the strengths (home console and portable console) as well as double the cons (double the comparison) and one of that is the resulting largest handheld in recent times specially an anti thesis of the pocketability of Nintendo's previous gen.

I still think it's an interesting hardware from Nintendo.

@Telekill said:

Here's the thing about launches... one generally knows what a company is capable of delivering. You have a good idea of what the system will eventually have on it before it even launches. Nintendo, Sony and MS fans will buy their respective launch systems even if their favorite game has yet to show.

There are more than a couple million Nintendo fans so time will tell if the more casual market bites. That said, the NS is selling because of its portable factor; especially in Japan. It's a great system for commuting. One could make an argument for any of the launch games but with Zelda, the launch was successful; reports are that nearly every Switch sold with a copy of Zelda. Mario Kart will be another big seller regardless of being a port as most skipped Wii-U.

I didn't know that. If it really is doing so well mostly as a portable in Japan then I guess we might really go bigger for handhelds as long as there's compelling software. From XL to VITA now to Switch.

Then again there's still the marketing factor and all that but anyway, certain cons can be offset.

I probably should've even mentioned battery life as one of the complaints I've read though personally I wasn't really troubled by my VITA 1000's less than 3 hours of KZM with everything maxed and turned on.

As someone who enjoyed the VITA, I really hope the Switch does well since I doubt the 3DS would get a true DS successor at this rate though it's too early to tell. That and more stuff like handheld PCs.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Good sales are great. I hope devs hop on board and make Switch games like they did for the Wii.

The momentum is what scares me. Can they keep this up?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

The momentum is what scares me. Can they keep this up?

Almost certainly not. My hope is they just sell a strong second place worth of units to keep the platform attractive.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I hope they can continue the momentum, I feel like they should had released way more games for now to keep excitement growing, then release a massive game, keep that structure going and the Switch can sell great numbers.

As it is, with the way games are trickling out, I don't see people staying excited much longer. It has the potential right now to sell 3DS numbers.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 j2zon2591

@sailor232 said:

I hope they can continue the momentum, I feel like they should had released way more games for now to keep excitement growing, then release a massive game, keep that structure going and the Switch can sell great numbers.

As it is, with the way games are trickling out, I don't see people staying excited much longer. It has the potential right now to sell 3DS numbers.

I think it'll do at least 3DS numbers if Nintendo treats it as the 3DS' successor.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

-Has little to no B/C: Just like the PS4.

-One of the strongest software appeal is a port: The PS4 had very little to show other than multiplatforms that it shared with both Xboxes and the PS3, as well a some PS3 remasters.

-Few launch titles: See above.

-Few features (no browser, BT support for a handheld): Everyone knew Netflix and other streaming services were coming and they announced just that a couple of weeks ago.

-Largest handheld console and actively cooled: It sits right between phablet and small tablet territory, which people carry around all the time.

-Hardware woes:

Loading Video...

Then again, neither the PS4 nor the Switch's launch hardware issues can even remotely be compared to the red ring of death.

You know which console had a stellar launch lineup, quite possibly the best launch lineup in the history of video game consoles? The Dreamcast. The PS2 crushed it, even though critics and magazines declared it had a weak lineup, which it sort of did during the first year or so. Was it the DVD player that made it so successful even though it had a weak launch lineup of games? Maybe. Was it the fact that the PS1 already gave Sony an extremely powerful brand for the following Playstation product? Maybe. Was it better marketing and publicity? Again, maybe. It just happened the way it happened. And it's happening for the Switch the way it's happening.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@j2zon2591 said:
@sailor232 said:

I think it'll do at least 3DS numbers if Nintendo treats it as the 3DS' successor.

I hope this happens, the 3ds is 6 years old now, time to move on. Smart for Nintendo to milk the 3ds for as long as possible though.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 j2zon2591

@LordQuorthon said:

-Has little to no B/C: Just like the PS4.

-One of the strongest software appeal is a port: The PS4 had very little to show other than multiplatforms that it shared with both Xboxes and the PS3, as well a some PS3 remasters.

-Few launch titles: See above.

-Few features (no browser, BT support for a handheld): Everyone knew Netflix and other streaming services were coming and they announced just that a couple of weeks ago.

-Largest handheld console and actively cooled: It sits right between phablet and small tablet territory, which people carry around all the time.

-Hardware woes:

Loading Video...

Then again, neither the PS4 nor the Switch's launch hardware issues can even remotely be compared to the red ring of death.

You know which console had a stellar launch lineup, quite possibly the best launch lineup in the history of video game consoles? The Dreamcast. The PS2 crushed it, even though critics and magazines declared it had a weak lineup, which it sort of did during the first year or so. Was it the DVD player that made it so successful even though it had a weak launch lineup of games? Maybe. Was it the fact that the PS1 already gave Sony an extremely powerful brand for the following Playstation product? Maybe. Was it better marketing and publicity? Again, maybe. It just happened the way it happened. And it's happening for the Switch the way it's happening.

Interesting post thank you.

From when I was watching the PS4 scene at launch, most I've heard about is the "balance" feet issue.

Wow. Man I remember people talking about the VITA and Deamcast so I vaguely remember something like that.

I wish I followed the RROD era so I have some better grasp on how worse that was.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@skektek said:
@Shewgenja said:

The wiiu actually has an install base closer to 9 times the switch's install base at the moment.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

It's always good to be selling well, as when Nintendo's raking in the cash they're much more ambitious in their expenditures and tend to take more risks. Ambitious Nintendo is best Nintendo, as BotW proves.

I really hope they're investing their money heavily into getting a VC games out, their online up and running, new IPs started, as well as get older ones in the oven. Use this money and invest it back in the system. In about a year's time when things begin settling down we'll see if Nintendo's truly learned any lessons. They need to keep up the momentum at all costs. It looks good so far, and E3 will help determine how the future looks. Hopefully they'll capitalize on it.

*cross fingers*

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@skektek said:
@Shewgenja said:

Unless they don't. I wonder how many unsold Wii U's are sitting in resellers' like GameStop and VStock's back rooms?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@skektek said:
@Shewgenja said:

Unless they don't. I wonder how many unsold Wii U's are sitting in resellers' like GameStop and VStock's back rooms?

Looking at the prices of used Wii Us available online right now, I would say people are buying them. They seem to mostly be going for full retail price.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

All launches have problems, and there'd be reason to panic if a system didn't sell out. But a strong launch is not worth relying on to gauge long-term success. It didn't help Wii U or 3DS, who both slowed down drastically at retail within their first year.

BotW can keep moving systems through the shortages, but the true test comes in Q4 when Switch has to compete against AAA titles that won't appear on their system and at a price disadvantage. Nintendo still has the same crippling drawback of its previous systems and that's poor third party partnerships. They have to make a concerted effort to keep games coming down the pipeline and diversify their portfolio to lure in buyers they don't currently appeal to.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

We'll see how well it's selling around this time next year.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@blackace said:

We'll see how well it's selling around this time next year.

Probably better than Scorpio by 300%.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Shewgenja: i might

The way i see it Zelda will either cost me

£165 (Wii u and Zelda )

Or

£350(switch and Zelda )

It's a dear game, but I'd rather save the money.

Chances are I won't buy it all, too expensive for one game.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shewgenja

@thehig1: I'm betting that Nintendo will have something at E3 to pull a lot of people off that fence.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

I'm amazed that Nintendo put all their eggs in the Zelda basket for the Switch launch. I can't be the only person that doesn't give a f*ck about this game ? I'm not spending $350 plus to play Metal Slug and Mario Kart 8 deluxe until something good comes along. I actually have doubts for Mario Odessey I hope it's good and pulls me in I really enjoy Mario games. I'd love to see Mario Maker come to Switch, but I hate that these are all games I've purchased on WiiU. It doesn't help that I don't see games like RE7, RDR2, COD, or pretty much any relevant 3rd party games announced for this thing.

I know Nintendo fanboys exist and don't know if those are the people picking this up or what. Guess I have to give it a little more time and see what happens with this thing

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44065 Posts

Sales will slow to a trickle once Mighty Scorpio hits the street, I mean, RDR2 on da Stinger alone will melt the face of Bait & Switch. :P

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bread_or_Decide

The switch is Nintendo's sleekest piece of tech. Mirroring the best technical marvels: what it does is very visual, easy to do, and appealing. If I had to choose between a PS4 version of a game or a Switch version I'm picking the one I can take anywhere.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bread_or_Decide

@xxyetixx said:

I'm amazed that Nintendo put all their eggs in the Zelda basket for the Switch launch. I can't be the only person that doesn't give a f*ck about this game ? I'm not spending $350 plus to play Metal Slug and Mario Kart 8 deluxe until something good comes along. I actually have doubts for Mario Odessey I hope it's good and pulls me in I really enjoy Mario games. I'd love to see Mario Maker come to Switch, but I hate that these are all games I've purchased on WiiU. It doesn't help that I don't see games like RE7, RDR2, COD, or pretty much any relevant 3rd party games announced for this thing.

I know Nintendo fanboys exist and don't know if those are the people picking this up or what. Guess I have to give it a little more time and see what happens with this thing

I wonder what it takes for most people people to say "okay now I'm ready to buy a system." It would be fascinating to research how many games or features it takes to get someone to purchase a console. People bought PS4's which launched with nothing but crap games. People are buying switch's because of one amazing game. I'm wondering if games are even as important as people think they are. Wii sold based on one pack in game. I waited for a few games to finally get a PS4 but I bought my PS3 on launch day with Resistance Fall of Man. But then again I'm a gamer who loves to play everything and there's no rhyme or reason to my purchase history.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@MirkoS77 said:

It's always good to be selling well, as when Nintendo's raking in the cash they're much more ambitious in their expenditures and tend to take more risks. Ambitious Nintendo is best Nintendo, as BotW proves.

I really hope they're investing their money heavily into getting a VC games out, their online up and running, new IPs started, as well as get older ones in the oven. Use this money and invest it back in the system. In about a year's time when things begin settling down we'll see if Nintendo's truly learned any lessons. They need to keep up the momentum at all costs. It looks good so far, and E3 will help determine how the future looks. Hopefully they'll capitalize on it.

*cross fingers*

Ever since the super bowl ad I knew Nintendo was doing things differently with the Switch. March is for certain a soft launch, work out the kinks, get it into the hands of the hardest of hardcore gamers. Then add features, add games, let the buzz and hype drip into the mainstream. It will build and build and by this fall the Switch will be the hardest to find Christmas gift everyone wants.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xxyetixx

@Bread_or_Decide: true I bought my PS2 way back in the day at Launch think I got Unreal Tournament, Madden, and Midnight Run drop way too much money cause it was some Toys R Us bundle that came with 3 games and an extra controller. I got it because I loved my OG PlayStation.

I was all set up and waiting for PS3, then I saw a commercial for Xbox 360 and Dead Rising, it was all out right then and cheaper than a PS3 and I Impulse bought the shit out of it.

Wii was also an impulse buy I saw some video of a guy playing and the nunchuck was the movement and a flash light on the screen and the Wii mote was a gun and I just wanted to have that type of gaming experience. Though it never really worked out that way :(

WiiU was a purchase for my kids mostly, all the games were BC easy choice

Xbox One another easy choice most of my core group of friends I play with got one and it had all the games I play on it.

Switch looks neat and great and I'm interested, but there is nothing I want to play on it right now. I think $300 is too much for it, it's crazy that I'm ok with a $250 price point and that extra $50 really turns me off. I will most likely cave and get one but I'm standing my ground for now. In reality I'd play the shit out of Metal Slug and Mario Kart, but it's not worth dropping $400 in my eyes.

Scorpio, that thing better be amazing for me to pick up. Price has got to be right, visuals have to be on point and it really has to give me something more than what my Xbox One gives me.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xxyetixx

@Bread_or_Decide: if Switch dropped with a Punch Out game instead of ARMS, Mario Maker, or since it reads carts and all had Nintendo worked some magic and made Switch BC with DS/3DS games I would have a Switch right now. In fact my friend has a Switch that he is trying to sell me, sitting at his place all unopened just waiting for me to make a decision and I'm just sitting here like should I ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bread_or_Decide

@xxyetixx said:

@Bread_or_Decide: true I bought my PS2 way back in the day at Launch think I got Unreal Tournament, Madden, and Midnight Run drop way too much money cause it was some Toys R Us bundle that came with 3 games and an extra controller. I got it because I loved my OG PlayStation.

I was all set up and waiting for PS3, then I saw a commercial for Xbox 360 and Dead Rising, it was all out right then and cheaper than a PS3 and I Impulse bought the shit out of it.

Wii was also an impulse buy I saw some video of a guy playing and the nunchuck was the movement and a flash light on the screen and the Wii mote was a gun and I just wanted to have that type of gaming experience. Though it never really worked out that way :(

WiiU was a purchase for my kids mostly, all the games were BC easy choice

Xbox One another easy choice most of my core group of friends I play with got one and it had all the games I play on it.

Switch looks neat and great and I'm interested, but there is nothing I want to play on it right now. I think $300 is too much for it, it's crazy that I'm ok with a $250 price point and that extra $50 really turns me off. I will most likely cave and get one but I'm standing my ground for now. In reality I'd play the shit out of Metal Slug and Mario Kart, but it's not worth dropping $400 in my eyes.

Scorpio, that thing better be amazing for me to pick up. Price has got to be right, visuals have to be on point and it really has to give me something more than what my Xbox One gives me.

I'll admit there's a certain "high" to getting something new at launch. The hype, she iz real. I don't have an xbox one so I'm actually really interested in maybe picking up a Scorpio at launch or soon after. The BC will be a big plus on that purchase.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bread_or_Decide

@xxyetixx said:

@Bread_or_Decide: if Switch dropped with a Punch Out game instead of ARMS, Mario Maker, or since it reads carts and all had Nintendo worked some magic and made Switch BC with DS/3DS games I would have a Switch right now. In fact my friend has a Switch that he is trying to sell me, sitting at his place all unopened just waiting for me to make a decision and I'm just sitting here like should I ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's tempting. I see no harm in waiting though. April is going to be a bit of a dull month for Switch owners.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xxyetixx

@Bread_or_Decide: I'm basically making my mind up today on the Switch. I'll find out today whether or not I'm staying on Day shifts or going to night Shift. Nights have way more down time, so the Switch will become a necessity.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@skektek said:
@Shewgenja said:

I must agree with this. When I was in line to buy the Switch on launch day, I saw evidence of this. I went to Walmart at around 7pm and waited there until midnight for them to sell the systems. While I was waiting in line I was talking to the other people there. One of them said they owned a Wii U but are buying the Switch and Zelda for the Switch also, they said because it has better graphics than the Wii U version. When two other guys heard him say that, they also said, yea I have a Wii U and I'm getting Zelda on my new Switch.

I think what a lot of Wii U owners are doing is selling off their Wii Us to offset the cost of buying a Switch with Zelda.

Of course there are those Wii U owners who are currently low on funds and will opt to buy Zelda for the Wii U because it's just the cheapest route.

However, I highly doubt there are many Wii U owners out there who are of the mindset that they will buy Zelda for Wii U and f*ck the Switch it's garbage and no one wants it. Of course that is what the cows on this forum want everyone to believe but it's ridiculous and obviously far from true.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 j2zon2591

@xxyetixx said:

@Bread_or_Decide: I'm basically making my mind up today on the Switch. I'll find out today whether or not I'm staying on Day shifts or going to night Shift. Nights have way more down time, so the Switch will become a necessity.

I hope that one day I'll be able to do Night Shifts. I hate that I'm still afraid of the night unless the places have are crowded. :P

Anyway, I hope I can last longer and don't do an impulse buy. Hoping to reach the 2nd revision of the Switch portable.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

Considering it's the follow up to a previous console most people thought was an add on, and it didn't release during typical holiday season. Yeah, it's done much better than expected (See Nintendo? It helps to promote a console properly and well done at that). Also Zelda lives up to the hype which is soo very rare for any game to.