PlayStation Morpheus: 1080p OLED, 120Hz, Early 2016

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@gabensherald said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Nice that they've kept improving the base hardware over the last year. Looking forward to this. Don't worry, lems, I'm sure MS will have their AR knock-off ready in 2017.

GrenadeLeper with mad cow disease thinking they improved the hardware. last year it was 1440P. Now it's 1080P. Now lets divide that 1080P into two screens and it's 960x1080. The same pixel density of...hmmmmmm....ITS 720P.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH! They made a worse Oculus clone just like Sony always makes worse clones of Nintendo products. Typical Sony

And MisterYoshidaMedia is now saying there's a special software technique to help them with framerates. Oh wait they are duplicating, it's interpolation. So motion sickness and artifacts will come as standard with the screen door effect that Oculus dismissed as not good enough back in 2013

And on top of that, developers on Reddit's VR pages say they hate it and Sony's blowing smoke up people's ass

VR's future is on the PC, and so is AR's future. There is no future for the POS4

Into the shitbin you go, consoles. PC rules this generation.

lol this comment is old-school. For a moment I felt this was the system wars from 2006-2009 before Sony came with the PS3 slim and everything changed. Everyone but cows went into hiding till like 2012 when somehow the herms took complete control of the board.

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 GabensHerald
Member since 2015 • 171 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@gabensherald said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Nice that they've kept improving the base hardware over the last year. Looking forward to this. Don't worry, lems, I'm sure MS will have their AR knock-off ready in 2017.

GrenadeLeper with mad cow disease thinking they improved the hardware. last year it was 1440P. Now it's 1080P. Now lets divide that 1080P into two screens and it's 960x1080. The same pixel density of...hmmmmmm....ITS 720P.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH! They made a worse Oculus clone just like Sony always makes worse clones of Nintendo products. Typical Sony

And MisterYoshidaMedia is now saying there's a special software technique to help them with framerates. Oh wait they are duplicating, it's interpolation. So motion sickness and artifacts will come as standard with the screen door effect that Oculus dismissed as not good enough back in 2013

And on top of that, developers on Reddit's VR pages say they hate it and Sony's blowing smoke up people's ass

VR's future is on the PC, and so is AR's future. There is no future for the POS4

Into the shitbin you go, consoles. PC rules this generation.

lol this comment is old-school. For a moment I felt this was the system wars from 2006-2009 before Sony came with the PS3 slim and everything changed. Everyone but cows went into hiding till like 2012 when somehow the herms took complete control of the board.

Cows are flooding twitter trying to shill positive impressions from the paid media (Cows are even so desperate they actually are quoting Polygon) while verified Devs are tearing it a new one on Reddit under throwaways saying the console simply isn't good enough for VR. But of course no publisher is going to say "Its garbage" to sony.

I mean, a 720P VR headset. What happened to "MUH SUPERCHARGED PC 8GB GDDR5", Cows?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

And how will you get the PS4 to run at 120 FPS?

Sony: "With an update and pixie and fairy dust, the same way every one enjoyed the wonderful 4D on the PS3 last gen!"

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Well, we all saw how well $600 and even $500 consoles did in the console market.

But please, rage at Sony some more for the PS4 being underpowered.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#55 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Meh. I will wait until VR is actual proven mainstream tech rather than a pipe dream gimmick.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

So they made a VR that the ps4 will never be able to perform well on. Genius. Wake me up when it can do 1080p 120fps

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@Zethrickk382 said:

The PlayStation 4 has actually been designed to support 120 frames-per-second, which is a detail they haven't discussed until today. There is also a software function that allows games that run at 60 fps to output at 120 fps. We'll be able to try demos using this technology today."

Which PS4 game currently does 120 fps.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Some cows already raging, poor delusional fanboys lol

Like I said, outside of a couple of indies and tech demos, this won't see support. What's the point of having a VR headset and not run the latest AAA titles? AAA games won't run at 120, much less at 60 unless heavily tweaked (downgraded), no developer is going to bother making two versions of a game, one for PS4 and another for morpheus, more testing involved = more waste of money.

Not to mention consolites are cheap bastards, this won't take off even at $199, that's half the price of the console.

Also lol @ interpolation. What's sad is that this is going to give a bad rep to VR in general, consumers won't be impressed and claim VR is just a gimmick when in reality is just that the platform can't support it as it should.

The future of VR is on PC

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

Another good read.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/4/8147397/playstation-4-virtual-reality-morpheus

Focusing on who has the best opportunity to bring vr to the masses.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

No thanks.

If a company builds an actual Holdodeck like in ST: TNG, I'm 100000% all for it.

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GabensHerald
Member since 2015 • 171 Posts

@Zethrickk382 said:

Another good read.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/4/8147397/playstation-4-virtual-reality-morpheus

Focusing on who has the best opportunity to bring vr to the masses.

Cows are so desperate to damage control 720P VR they are linking to their arch nemesis, Polygon. My how the tides have turned. Wonder how much Sony paid Ben Kuchera for that.