PlayStation 3 is the worst for DD games.

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kell_the_Gamer
Member since 2012 • 885 Posts

Just downloaded and installed a game the other day, it took 4 f*cking hours to download a game that was only around 2.5GB in size and afterwards took another hour to install.

I can download upwards to 3mb per second on a wireless connection in my house, it is NOT my Internet. Can anyone seriously defend this?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Just downloaded and installed a game the other day, it took 4 f*cking hours to download a game that was noly around 2.5GB insize and afterwards took another hour to installer.

Kell_the_Gamer
Welcome to 2007. Hasnt changed much.
cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1842 Posts

PSN has its spikes of fast and slow downloads. This is the reason why I don't download anything on PSN.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

Just downloaded and installed a game the other day, it took 4 f*cking hours to download a game that was only around 2.5GB in size and afterwards took another hour to install.

I can download upwards to 3mb per second on a wireless connection in my house, it is NOT my Internet. Can anyone seriously defend this?

Kell_the_Gamer
I do 9.7 GB (God of war 2 HD) in an hour...lemme guess...you live in America? If you idiots hadn't bought xboxes and had gotten the glorious PS3...Sony would have given a f*ck to give you guys high-speed server coverage. Your own damn fault americans, tisk tisk. :cool:
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Is PS3 even good for anything? >.>
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DrTrafalgarLaw
Is PS3 even good for anything? >.>funsohng
It only does GOTY's and AAAAE's. :cool:
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 funsohng
[QUOTE="funsohng"]Is PS3 even good for anything? >.>DrTrafalgarLaw

are you talking about Nintendo?
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

inb4 ShadowMoses

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kell_the_Gamer

PSN has its spikes of fast and slow downloads. This is the reason why I don't download anything on PSN.

cdragon_88

Normally I prefer a retail version but recently Koei has stopped making dubs for all of their games, and it turns out Sony of America does not allow non English voice acted games sold at retail, so I'm now dependent on the sh*tiest DD service for my Dynasty Warriros fix. "But Kell, Yakushi 3 had a retail version and-" yes I know, They allowed that because the game had a history of being entirely PS3 exclusive, Sony plays favorites Fuk you Sony I hope you go bankrupt. You already laid off your bottom line you terrible pieces of sh*t.

eDIT: No, I'm not really mad... I'm just a little absolutely livid

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

Common knowledge.

The PS3 is only good for movies and 2-hour games.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kell_the_Gamer
[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"]

DrTrafalgarLaw
I do 9.7 GB (God of war 2 HD) in an hour...lemme guess...you live in America? If you idiots hadn't bought xboxes and had gotten the glorious PS3...Sony would have given a f*ck to give you guys high-speed server coverage. Your own damn fault americans, tisk tisk. :cool:

I was a PS3 fanboy at the start of this gen but now I prefer the Xbox, hate both for being sh*tty overpriced closed platforms. If it wasn't for Dynasty Warriors I wouldn't even bother anymore.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="funsohng"]Is PS3 even good for anything? >.>funsohng

That's what I was gonna say.

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

Common knowledge.

platniumgamer

It is a fairly effective doorstop.

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

Common knowledge.

Riadon2

This too.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funsohng

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

Common knowledge.

Riadon2

It's too big and too heavy to be a doorstop. Or a paperweight.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
ye but if u download on the 360, you have to deal with that horrible controller..so it balances out.
Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

yea? cause I just got downloading the Street Fighter from PS+ and it was 27 gbs and it took me 2 1/2 hours...

poopie internet confirmed

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ActicEdge

ye but if u download on the 360, you have to deal with that horrible controller..so it balances out.campzor

Concave trigger > Convex triggers. Convex triggers are atrocious.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kell_the_Gamer

yea? cause I just got downloading the Street Fighter from PS+ and it was 27 gbs and it took me 2 1/2 hours...

poopie internet confirmed

Quaker-w00ts
Faster downloads shouldn't be extra. How can Cows boost that PSN is free when you have to pay to make it good?
Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kell_the_Gamer

[QUOTE="campzor"]ye but if u download on the 360, you have to deal with that horrible controller..so it balances out.ActicEdge

Concave trigger > Convex triggers. Convex triggers are atrocious.

The PS3 controller also has terrible ergonomics, I found out my repetitive stress injury was caused because the PS3 controller was too small for my hands combined with a terrible grip. I use a third party controller now that is shaped like a Xbox controller.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 funsohng
ye but if u download on the 360, you have to deal with that horrible controller..so it balances out.campzor
Are you serious? DualSh*t 3 is disgusting. It's just mindblowing how Sony has kept the same sh*tty design for three freaking generations.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
I hate to be "that guy" but 4 hours to download 2.5gb's ? that would take me like 45 minutes at most. Are you sure you have your internet settings set up correctly?
Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kell_the_Gamer

Enjoy it...

riofriob
That's the other reason I'm mad, it took me 5 hours to download and install a game that I learned to be terrible in just 90 minutes. Q.Q
Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kell_the_Gamer
I hate to be "that guy" but 4 hours to download 2.5gb's ? that would take me like 45 minutes at most. Are you sure you have your internet settings set up correctly?ultraking
Yes. For comparison I got the Valve completely back this winter and it took me the same amount of time to download every half-life game + all three counter strikes + both Portals + Chivalry.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"]I hate to be "that guy" but 4 hours to download 2.5gb's ? that would take me like 45 minutes at most. Are you sure you have your internet settings set up correctly?Kell_the_Gamer
Yes. For comparison I got the Valve completely back this winter and it took me the same amount of time to download every half-life game + all three counter strikes + both Portals + Chivalry.

hmm that's strange. is there any way you can hardwire your ps3 straight to your modem? that would speed things up big time

EDIT: or even hardwire it from the back of your router.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kell_the_Gamer
[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"][QUOTE="ultraking"]I hate to be "that guy" but 4 hours to download 2.5gb's ? that would take me like 45 minutes at most. Are you sure you have your internet settings set up correctly?ultraking

hmm that's strange. is there any way you can hardwire your ps3 straight to your modem? that would speed things up big time

I could if I unhook my desktop. I'll do that whenever I use PSN from now on. What sh*tty wireless card does the PS3 use?
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ultraking
[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"][QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"] Yes. For comparison I got the Valve completely back this winter and it took me the same amount of time to download every half-life game + all three counter strikes + both Portals + Chivalry.

I could if I unhook my desktop. I'll do that whenever I use PSN from now on. What sh*tty wireless card does the PS3 use?

you can always hardwire it from your router. I know my router has 4 Ethernet ports on the back.. once you do that then just go into internet settings on ps3 and change it to wired connection. that way you can get max download speed and still have your wireless
Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kell_the_Gamer
[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"][QUOTE="ultraking"]hmm that's strange. is there any way you can hardwire your ps3 straight to your modem? that would speed things up big timeultraking

you can always hardwire it from your router. I know my router has 4 Ethernet ports on the back.. once you do that then just go into internet settings on ps3 and change it to wired connection. that way you can get max download speed and still have your wireless

I live in a family of 7 and we all use the Internet, I'm I already have the right to use 1 of our only 2 Ethernet ports.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ultraking
[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"][QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"] I could if I unhook my desktop. I'll do that whenever I use PSN from now on. What sh*tty wireless card does the PS3 use?

I live in a family of 7 and we all use the Internet, I'm I already have the right to use 1 of our only 2 Ethernet ports.

oh ok. the only other thing I can suggest is maybe its time to upgrade to a router with more Ethernet ports on it. Sorry dude , wish I could help more
Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kell_the_Gamer
[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"][QUOTE="ultraking"]you can always hardwire it from your router. I know my router has 4 Ethernet ports on the back.. once you do that then just go into internet settings on ps3 and change it to wired connection. that way you can get max download speed and still have your wirelessultraking

oh ok. the only other thing I can suggest is maybe its time to upgrade to a router with more Ethernet ports on it. Sorry dude , wish I could help more

If you could somehow end the monopoly Mediacom has in my town that would be great. There are better routers and modems we could upgrade but they require features not supported from the ISP.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"] I live in a family of 7 and we all use the Internet, I'm I already have the right to use 1 of our only 2 Ethernet ports. Kell_the_Gamer

If you could somehow end the monopoly Mediacom has in my town that would be great. There are better routers and modems we could upgrade but they require features not supported from the ISP.

im on it brah :cool:

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] It only does GOTY's and AAAAE's. :cool:ActicEdge

Doesn't the PS3 have more GOTYs and AAAEs than the Wii?....

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"] are you talking about Nintendo?GD1551

Doesn't the PS3 have more GOTYs and AAAEs than the Wii?....

Sure does but the way the ststement was made left it ambiguous :P

Razor_defiace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Razor_defiace
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

Kell_the_Gamer

It took me 3 hours to download a 10GB+ game. Use a wired connection and not wi-fi, the in-built wifi is not good in the PS3.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]ye but if u download on the 360, you have to deal with that horrible controller..so it balances out.funsohng
Are you serious? DualSh*t 3 is disgusting. It's just mindblowing how Sony has kept the same sh*tty design for three freaking generations.

maybe you dont hold it properly, cause its better than the 360 pad in my hand (and i have normal sized hands)
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="campzor"]ye but if u download on the 360, you have to deal with that horrible controller..so it balances out.campzor

maybe you dont hold it properly, cause its better than the 360 pad in my hand (and i have normal sized hands)

in terms of ergonomic placement and overall design the 360 annihilates the PS3 for a few reasons.

The DS3 is primarily designed for people with smaller hands cleaarly ones in the lower percentile range of the 5th to 95th making the ones closer to the 95th percentile think its uncomfortable as Sony has more than likely based it around data gathered within Japan or just following the pad design from the 90's without making it any different except some tech inside of the controller.

Just thought i'd point that out, i've got above average sized hands and i find the DS3 more uncomfortable especially the analogue placement being parralel and not offset.

norabbitnofun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38 norabbitnofun
Member since 2005 • 247 Posts
in terms of ergonomic placement and overall design the 360 annihilates the PS3 for a few reasons.

The DS3 is primarily designed for people with smaller hands cleaarly ones in the lower percentile range of the 5th to 95th making the ones closer to the 95th percentile think its uncomfortable as Sony has more than likely based it around data gathered within Japan or just following the pad design from the 90's without making it any different except some tech inside of the controller.

Just thought i'd point that out, i've got above average sized hands and i find the DS3 more uncomfortable especially the analogue placement being parralel and not offset.

razgriz_101
Interesting thought! I have had both the PS3 and the 360 controllers in hands and they were ok for me. But I have smaller-than-average hands, so that could indeed explain.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DrTrafalgarLaw

> Downloads on a wireless connection
> Complains about speed

Typical.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kell_the_Gamer

> Complains about speed

Typical.

DrTrafalgarLaw
>He doesn't know you can get good wireless speeds everywhere else *laughing girls pic
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

> Complains about speed

Typical.

Kell_the_Gamer

>He doesn't know you can get good wireless speeds everywhere else *laughing girls pic

The wireless of PS3 is capped at a certain speed. But even wirelessly I can download 3-4 GB in an hour. Something is either interfering or you have a lot of packet loss. But please go ahead on how your sh*tty wireless makes the PS3 worst DD platform, I need a laugh. :lol:

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kell_the_Gamer

[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

> Complains about speed

Typical.

DrTrafalgarLaw

The wireless of PS3 is capped at a certain speed. But even wirelessly I can download 3-4 GB in an hour. Something is either interfering or you have a lot of packet loss. But please go ahead on how your sh*tty wireless makes the PS3 worst DD platform, I need a laugh. :lol:

>Already explained I get good speeds on my wireless devices on my Internet >Actually admitting the PlayStation wireless is sh*t "b-but I bget better speed sso the problem MUST be on your end! >Want Me to disprove YOUR bullsh*t yeah... no, f*ck you and have a happy new year.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"] >He doesn't know you can get good wireless speeds everywhere else *laughing girls picKell_the_Gamer

>Already explained I get good speeds on my wireless devices on my Internet >Actually admitting the PlayStation wireless is sh*t "b-but I bget better speed sso the problem MUST be on your end! >Want Me to disprove YOUR bullsh*t yeah... no, f*ck you and have a happy new year.

Someone's rustled.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"] >He doesn't know you can get good wireless speeds everywhere else *laughing girls picKell_the_Gamer

Stop making threads if you can't prove sh*t and only have anectdotal evidence. Listen kid, to put this myth to rest...I'm gonna record do nloading a 9.7 GB file.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

ehhh, first world problems, I can't bring myself to cry about things like that. Its life

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kell_the_Gamer

[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] The wireless of PS3 is capped at a certain speed. But even wirelessly I can download 3-4 GB in an hour. Something is either interfering or you have a lot of packet loss. But please go ahead on how your sh*tty wireless makes the PS3 worst DD platform, I need a laugh. :lol:

DrTrafalgarLaw

Stop making threads if you can't prove sh*t and only have anectdotal evidence. Listen kid, to put this myth to rest...I'm gonna record do nloading a 9.7 GB file.

This upload a video, any video, and I'll believe you without watching it. I may have nothing to do, but I will never bring myself so low to watch a recording of a download. :|
Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kell_the_Gamer

ehhh, first world problems, I can't bring myself to cry about things like that. Its life

Chris_Williams
I'm never even that mad. For some reason I have trained myself to greatly overstate my actual reactions and emotions on the Internet. I never cuss in real life and at most I'm mildly irritated that I may have to do something else than play on the PlayStation 3 for 5 hours.
PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

I didn't know Wii had a DD service?

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kell_the_Gamer

I didn't know Wii had a DD service?

PCgameruk
You can download NES, SNES, and N64 games on it. There are some indie games on it too like World of Goo.
greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts
You make no sense. You're entitled to your opinion but what does the controller have to do with downloading DD games? That seems to be TC's main gripe.