robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7273 Posts

I worry the abk deal has definitely held ms back it seems to have been a hindrance to the company.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#52 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70152 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

I worry the abk deal has definitely held ms back it seems to have been a hindrance to the company.

How?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13083 Posts

@davillain said:
@SecretPolice said:

@davillain:

Rare has nothing to do with Perfect Dark Reboot. The Initiative and Crystal Dynamics are deving PDR. :P

If Rare isn't involved with the new Perfect Dark development, than that's a huge red flag as I trust Rare than someone else handling the game.

Rare is just Rare by name. They don't have the same team from Rare 30 years ago. The history is gone.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Pedro
@kvallyx said:

Rare is just Rare by name. They don't have the same team from Rare 30 years ago. The history is gone.

You would think it would be obvious but 🤷🏽‍♂️Not like it would have made a difference, Rare was always mediocre.

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1078 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@davillain said:
@SecretPolice said:

@davillain:

Rare has nothing to do with Perfect Dark Reboot. The Initiative and Crystal Dynamics are deving PDR. :P

If Rare isn't involved with the new Perfect Dark development, than that's a huge red flag as I trust Rare than someone else handling the game.

I was for most part thinking the same thing.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

thanks microsft and phil spencer you make the xbox the next dreamcast

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3473 Posts

Perfect Dark was never great but that doesn't mean the reboot could be a good game. All this just sounds like MS was forcing this game to be made without public or developers really calling for it.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1588 Posts
@davillain said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Don't you people think it would be smart to wait until MS show next month before you pass judgement?

If Everwild, Perfect Dark or State of Decay 3 isn't shown in June then you can pretty much write them off.

Show? Like this is supposed to mean something? They showed Fable in which century? Is it out? No, and we don't even know if it'll be release this generation, let alone come out this year or next. Every single developer (excluding Activision devs) that is owned by Microsoft are in a development hell, with the worst management the gaming industry has ever seen. And you know what? Its not laughable anymore. I simply don't understand how its even possible to fail on such a massive scale.

State of Decay 3 is something I'm curious to see for the most part. Everwild & Perfect Dark are both being made by Rare I can put to the side as Rare is still supporting Sea of Thieves.

The main problem with Perfect Dark is the fact MS announced it way too early in its development.

lol NONE of those games MS showed back in 2019-2020 had ANY development when MS paraded those pre-rendered CGI trailers as xbox gameplay to fool people into buying the Xbox Series consoles at launch.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39608 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

Perfect Dark was never great but that doesn't mean the reboot could be a good game. All this just sounds like MS was forcing this game to be made without public or developers really calling for it.

Fck you say to me, kid? Have some respect.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 KathaarianCode

@hardwenzen: Pretty sure I'm older than you. Those were just fps games that weren't absolute trash on console.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hardwenzen  Online

@kathaariancode said:

@hardwenzen: Pretty sure I'm older than you. Those were just fps games that weren't absolute trash on console.

Simply not being trash doesn't get the game a bunch of 10/10 all over the place and one of the highest rated on meta.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 KathaarianCode

@hardwenzen: Funny how you flip flop with metascores being relevant or not.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hardwenzen  Online

@kathaariancode said:

@hardwenzen: Funny how you flip flop with metascores being relevant or not.

Wut? I never said meta OR GS scores are irrelevant. What i said is that in some very rare circumstances, GS scores AND meta scores are so far behind the truth, its laughable. Halo Infinite being a perfect example. Stellar Blade is another no substance video game that should be in low to mid 60's on meta.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 KathaarianCode

@hardwenzen: So when you agree they are relevant, and when you don't they're not.

Silly SW logic aside. My perspective as someone who was mostly a PC gamer during the 90s, after playing HL, when you play Perfect Dark it does feel like the gameplay is utter garbage. And it's not like it aged that well. Until Halo I don't think anyone really nailed fps on console.

Probably for someone who never played PC back then those games were just incredible experiences. But in the early days, my opinion is that PC was in a whole different level when it comes to fps experiences. Just my subject opinion.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hardwenzen  Online

@kathaariancode said:

@hardwenzen: So when you agree they are relevant, and when you don't they're not.

Silly SW logic aside. My perspective as someone who was mostly a PC gamer during the 90s, after playing HL, when you play Perfect Dark it does feel like the gameplay is utter garbage. And it's not like it aged that well. Until Halo I don't think anyone really nailed fps on console.

Probably for someone who never played PC back then those games were just incredible experiences. But in the early days, my opinion is that PC was in a whole different level when it comes to fps experiences. Just my subject opinion.

Gameplay wise, PD and HL have absolutely nothing in common. PD, especially on higher difficulties, is all about objectives, limited times to do X and execution. HL is much more like Halo, that's why to you its the first game that felt like they finally nailed it.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 KathaarianCode

@hardwenzen: I could even have said Doom. Doom even today plays infinitely better than Perfect Dark.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 hardwenzen  Online

@kathaariancode said:

@hardwenzen: I could even have said Doom. Doom even today plays infinitely better than Perfect Dark.

If you're more into run n gun, sure. I would take PD over og Doom any day.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22865 Posts

Reboot.... Was it a new game or a remake?

If it's a remake, I don't really care, if it's a new game then that's sad.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Pedro

@TheEroica said:

Reboot.... Was it a new game or a remake?

If it's a remake, I don't really care, if it's a new game then that's sad.

Why would it being a new game be sad?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 KathaarianCode

@Pedro: Don't you prefer to keep buying the same games? Then maybe buy the remaster of the remake too?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22865 Posts

@Pedro: restarting the series with new ideas and new possibilities would be fun! So if it were "in trouble" as the claim stakes, it'd be a bummer.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1355 Posts

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2024/05/perfect-dark-rumoured-for-xbox-showcase-as-positive-feedback-begins-cropping-up