PC loses another exclusive. AssettoCorsa heading to PS4/XB1

• 161 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@StealthMonkey4 said:
@arunsunk said:

@StealthMonkey4:

If you buy a copy of a game on Steam (such as Borderlands 2 as an example) it includes Linux/Windows/Mac. How can you distinguish which system it was purchased for?

Using PC to include all three makes sense in regards to Steam as Steam is a platform not the system. Same reason it is regarded as PSN and XLive as the platform and not the individual systems that make them up. Steam accounts vs PSN accounts vs Live accounts. It makes no sense to separate PC(Win/Linux/Mac) into 3 categories as STEAM incorporates all three. Live is a platform that doesn't incorporate PlayStation 4 or Nintendo but Steam does contain all three different PC systems just like PSN incorporates multiple systems in its platform. If you want to talk PC use all PC game platforms, but if you want to only use Steam (a singular user base among PC) while using all console platforms then that is just pathetic.

PC versus consoles would include all platforms from PC (Steam/Origin/Battle.net/LoL/etc.) vs all platforms on Console (PSN(PS3,PS4,PSV)/XLive(X360,X1)/Nintendo(WiiU,Wii))

I have played the genre but I don't play the genre currently or competitively, there is a distinction between not playing something and never playing something. As a competitive FPS player I have plenty of room to talk in regard to your point.

It would be comparable if Steam didn't dominate the entire PC market. Do you even know one PC gamer that doesn't have a Steam account? Steam is a monolithic company that has the PC gaming market cornered, while the console market is split between the big three. It makes sense to compare PC gaming as a whole vs console gaming as a whole, because PC gaming is an entirely different market and PC gaming by itself is as big as all three of the consoles combined. PC can not simply be treated as a console because it isn't one.

Steam does have one of the largest user bases but when a single game like LoL had a 7.5 million peak concurrent users about the same as Steam at the same time (LoL/Steam) then you really can't say for certain that it is the largest when a single 'casual nongamer bubble' game is equal to the Steam concurrent users. You also have the die hard WoW players that probably haven't started up Steam since WoW came about and that game still has around 10 million subscribers.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

@arunsunk said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@arunsunk said:

@StealthMonkey4:

It would be comparable if Steam didn't dominate the entire PC market. Do you even know one PC gamer that doesn't have a Steam account? Steam is a monolithic company that has the PC gaming market cornered, while the console market is split between the big three. It makes sense to compare PC gaming as a whole vs console gaming as a whole, because PC gaming is an entirely different market and PC gaming by itself is as big as all three of the consoles combined. PC can not simply be treated as a console because it isn't one.

Steam does have one of the largest user bases but when a single games like LoL had a 7.5 million peak concurrent users about the same as Steam at the same time (LoL/Steam) then you really can't say for certain that it is the largest when a single 'casual nongamer bubble' game is equal to the Steam concurrent users. You also have the die hard WoW players that probably haven't started up Steam since WoW came about and that game still has around 10 million subscribers.

World of Tanks has 1.1 million concurrent users (excluding Xbox versions)

Guild Wars 2 had 460,000 concurrent users (before being released in China)

Star Wars The Old Republic had 350,000 concurrent users

Dragon Nest has 900,000 concurrent users world wide

Don't forget China and South Korea two of the biggest contributors to PC gaming player size and revenue does not use Steam same for the rest of Asia. Most of the games they play are not available on Steam and if they are its for the North American/European versions.

Dungeon Fighter Online in China had 2.6 million concurrent users

Maplestory in South Korea had 588,000 concurrent users

TERA Online had 165,000 concurrent users on its first day of Open beta in South Korea

Mabinogi heroes exceeded 100,000 concurrent users in South Korea in 2014

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#103 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@frank_castle said:

Oh, look...another racer...

whats wrong? if anything, consoles lack decent racing sims and this is the game for me.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Unless they add more content and polish existing features I don't imagine this game will do too well on consoles. I love this game and have put over 400h into it, but the campaign is lacking compared to other consoles racing games, A.I is pretty terrible, and the online is quite primitive compared to most games.

The driving is far better than anything on consoles though, and the laser scanned Nordschleife is amazing - Forza's and GT's Nordschleife don't compare. I hope it does do well because it will mean more money for Kunos so they can hire more people and improve the game quicker.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

One of my favourite games.. Good thing non PC owners will get the chance to try it !!

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@StealthMonkey4 said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

Well PC doesn't keep their games hostage to the system.

@-God- said:

Just a few dozen more and you'll be near PC's aaa/aa count for this gen.

Why do PC gamers take PC games losing exclusivity so personally? It's not like you lose the game if it ceases to be exclusive.

Like when cows made a petition and sent threats when DMC4 went multiplat? Wow, yeah console gamers never take it personally at all.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

Well PC doesn't keep their games hostage to the system.

@-God- said:

Why do PC gamers take PC games losing exclusivity so personally? It's not like you lose the game if it ceases to be exclusive.

Like when cows made a petition and sent threats when DMC4 went multiplat? Wow, yeah console gamers never take it personally at all.

Fanboys (any faction) always take it personal when loosing exclusivity on games...

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts
@NoodleFighter said:
@Legend002 said:

Who cares? PC got a million of other indie exclusives!

Assetto Corsa is labeled as indie in Steam

It is an indie. All that means is that there isn't a separate publisher. Publishers include EA and Ubisoft, so that isn't EXACTLY a bad thing.

People confuse indie with casual. EA and Ubisoft also sell low-budget casual stuff.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts
@walloftruth said:

@StealthMonkey4: Seriously? You're bragging that you're getting a game years later (lol 2016) which will also be the worst version? Wow...

At least when hermits had to wait 1.5 years for GTA V they got the best possible version on all systems combined.

No one here is bragging. I don't know how anyone can justify waiting two years to get the biggest game in generations. Multiplats run better on PC, this is old news, we know this, but there was no significant differences between next gen console versions and PC versions outside marginal performance boosts. GTA V sold poorly on PC though, accounting for a measly 5% of sales, so future R* ports are unlikely.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#111 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Seems redundant on Xbox One, which already has Forza and project cars as simulators. It will need to do something to distinguish itself from those 2 or it won't really stand a chance.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I have no idea what this game is. More people should brag about the PC game of the year, Divinity OS coming to consoles instead.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 StealthMonkey4

@Alucard_Prime said:

Seems redundant on Xbox One, which already has Forza and project cars as simulators. It will need to do something to distinguish itself from those 2 or it won't really stand a chance.

You say this as if there is only room for one or two games of each genre. If anything, it will flop because of a lack of marketing and lack of mainstream appeal, not because it hasn't distinguished itself. The console market is a lot different than the PC market, and simply porting over a successful PC game to console or vice versa is not a guarantee for success.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#114 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@StealthMonkey4: That too, I consider those racing simulators somewhat niche, unlike a more arcade type racer like Burnout or Horizon which would get more mainstream appeal. I'm just saying this because Xbox already has a flagship simulator franchise(Forza motorsport) and more recently got another decent one(PC), so this third franchise should at least try to distinguish itself from those 2 to do better..... from my perspective, I would like to know what this game does better or differently than Forza or PC , I think this would help it otherwise most Xbox One owners will probably go with Forza since it is more established. I think that as you pointed out, this game will need good marketing to get Xbox gamers' attention.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@StealthMonkey4:

So sad that excluding Amazon/RGSC sales it is almost equal to the XBox1 that has been out 5 months prior to PC (I know VGChartz lol). 2.3 mil after 2 months for X1 and 2.45 mil after less than 2 months on PC(Steam only). You heard it from StealthMonkey4 folks XBox1 is the failure of Next Gen!

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 StealthMonkey4

@walloftruth said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@walloftruth said:

@StealthMonkey4: Seriously? You're bragging that you're getting a game years later (lol 2016) which will also be the worst version? Wow...

At least when hermits had to wait 1.5 years for GTA V they got the best possible version on all systems combined.

No one here is bragging. I don't know how anyone can justify waiting two years to get the biggest game in generations. Multiplats run better on PC, this is old news, we know this, but there was no significant differences between next gen console versions and PC versions outside marginal performance boosts. GTA V sold poorly on PC though, accounting for a measly 5% of sales, so future R* ports are unlikely.

1. We didn't wait 2 years.

2. Better graphics, better performance, mods, more control options etc.

3. 30FPS vs 60+FPS isn't a "marginal performance boost".

4. Those 5% are from Steam only, there's also Rockstar Warehouse and retail. Also GTA V has been out for over a year and a half on consoles, while the PC version has been out for barely over a month. Not to mention that most PC gamers already bought it on last-gen, because you know, PC gamers arent poor and can actually afford consoles + PC.

Is there anything else you need correcting about? I'll gladly assist you, after all ignorance shouldn't be bliss.

1. Over 1.5 years, rounds up to 2

2. GTA V is not very open to modding and you can be banned for playing with mods. PS4 supports kb+m. The graphics are about on par with PS4 with very minor differences except framerate.

3. this falls under the umbrella of "better performance" in point 2.

4. Steam is the biggest PC retailer by far. Even if theoretically only half the sales were from Steam, PC would only have represented less than 10% of total sales. Next gen consoles sold 4x what the PC sold despite the fact that PC is an entirely different market while the PS4/XB1 is largely the same market as PS3/360. Overall, GTAV's PC sales were abysmal, and future ports are unlikely.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@StealthMonkey4 said:

Moral of the story: Regardless of which system does the "waiting", PC still ends up with the better version.

And yes, GTAV is quite a bit better on PC.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@walloftruth said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@walloftruth said:

1. We didn't wait 2 years.

2. Better graphics, better performance, mods, more control options etc.

3. 30FPS vs 60+FPS isn't a "marginal performance boost".

4. Those 5% are from Steam only, there's also Rockstar Warehouse and retail. Also GTA V has been out for over a year and a half on consoles, while the PC version has been out for barely over a month. Not to mention that most PC gamers already bought it on last-gen, because you know, PC gamers arent poor and can actually afford consoles + PC.

Is there anything else you need correcting about? I'll gladly assist you, after all ignorance shouldn't be bliss.

1. Over 1.5 years, rounds up to 2

2. GTA V is not very open to modding and you can be banned for playing with mods. PS4 supports kb+m. The graphics are about on par with PS4 with very minor differences except framerate.

3. this falls under the umbrella of "better performance" in point 2.

4. Steam is the biggest PC retailer by far. Even if theoretically only half the sales were from Steam, PC would only have represented less than 10% of total sales. Next gen consoles sold 4x what the PC sold despite the fact that PC is an entirely different market while the PS4/XB1 is largely the same market as PS3/360. Overall, GTAV's PC sales were abysmal, and future ports are unlikely.

1. You still can't legally drink alcohol in the UK at 17.5 years of age, even if you round it up.

2. Only if you use mods in online mode, in which case you could be cheating and deserve to be banned. In offline mode you can do what you want.

Loading Video...

This is not a minor difference. This actual difference between PS4 and PC is greater than that between PS3 and PS4.

3. 30 v 60 fps is, again, not a minor difference. Nor is 1440p and 65 - 85 fps, Ultra settings (no AA) which is the resolution and frames rates I play at.

4. As I said to you the other day. That means my copy of GTA V, bought direct from R* Social Club, must not count as a PC sale as I didn't buy it from Steam. Even though the majority of non valve digital retailers were selling R* codes, as a posed to Steam codes.

Also you haven't explained how 1.5 (notice it's not 2) month's of sales are equivalent to 1.5 (nor is this 2) years worth of sales on 2 consoles and a further 6 months (notice I didn't round that to a year either) on a further 2 consoles. Can you explain the relevance?

On topic, enjoy AssetoCorsa. Though it'll likely be too difficult for you to play, if you even buy it that is.

DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts

another racing game?

boring

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#123 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@walloftruth said:

If it was "the biggest game in generations", waiting a year or two wouldn't matter.

It isn't the biggest game in generations. And on PC it's just another big fish in a massive ocean.

The fact that it sold poorly on PC should clue you into that.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

I feel sorry for PC Gamers who play racing games on tiny little monitors, with stereo sound, and no bass

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 -God-

@GioVela2010 said:

I feel sorry for PC Gamers who play racing games on tiny little monitors, with stereo sound, and no bass

Monitor has higher FOV, still resulting in a more immersive and indepth experience. This is why 99% of competitive games are played via monitor.

Fortunatly PC can connect to any display. Best gaming device ever!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#126 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@-God- said:
@GioVela2010 said:

Monitor has higher FOV, still resulting in a more immersive and indepth experience. This is why 99% of competitive games are played via monitor.

pretty sure that's not the reason

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By StealthMonkey4

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@walloftruth said:

If it was "the biggest game in generations", waiting a year or two wouldn't matter.

It isn't the biggest game in generations. And on PC it's just another big fish in a massive ocean.

The fact that it sold poorly on PC should clue you into that.

Vast majority of PC gamers are casuals who only play the same tired, old games such as Dota2, LoL, Skyrim, TF2, CSGO. They are not interested in new experiences. Really quite sad that many of these PC gamers I see with expensive rigs have hundreds or even thousands of hours in these boring, casual games that could be played on a toaster.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 lostrib

@StealthMonkey4: source?

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 StealthMonkey4

@lostrib said:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Gee, that was real hard.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 lostrib

@StealthMonkey4: doesn't prove your point

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 StealthMonkey4

@lostrib said:

Look at all the top played games: multiplats and casual/mainstream games. This is the power of PC gaming I suppose.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By lostrib

@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lostrib said:

Look at all the top played games: multiplats and casual/mainstream games. This is the power of PC gaming I suppose.

still doesn't prove your point, and I'm not sure i'd consider all of those to be casual

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lostrib said:

Gee, that was real hard.

So you figure because those games are played the most that must mean those same gamers dont play anything else? E-sports is a big thing on the PC so Dota 2,LOL, and counter strike will of course be very popular and played alot..not sure how you figure this means PC gamers don't play new games..if anything they play more new games than console gamers.

you also lose points for trying to call all 3 of those games "casual"...

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 StealthMonkey4

@lawlessx said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lostrib said:

Gee, that was real hard.

So you figure because those games are played the most that must mean those same gamers dont play anything else?

Read what I wrote and don't put words in my mouth if you want to be taken seriously.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By lostrib

@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lawlessx said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lostrib said:

Gee, that was real hard.

So you figure because those games are played the most that must mean those same gamers dont play anything else?

Read what I wrote and don't put words in my mouth if you want to be taken seriously.

@StealthMonkey4 said:

Vast majority of PC gamers are casuals who only play the same tired, old games such as Dota2, LoL, Skyrim, TF2, CSGO. They are not interested in new experiences

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 lawlessx
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lawlessx said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lostrib said:

Gee, that was real hard.

"Vast majority of PC gamers are casuals who only play the same tired, old games such as Dota2, LoL, Skyrim, TF2, CSGO."

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By StealthMonkey4

@lawlessx said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lawlessx said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lostrib said:

Gee, that was real hard.

"Vast majority of PC gamers are casuals who only play the same tired, old games such as Dota2, LoL, Skyrim, TF2, CSGO."

There's more players playing the trinity of mainstream/casual games (Dota2, CSGO, TF2) than there is every other game in the top 100 combined. That's really sad, you'd think PC gamers would like some variety. And yes, many of them only play these casual, mainstream games and don't have a very advanced gaming palette.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By lawlessx
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lawlessx said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lawlessx said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lostrib said:

Gee, that was real hard.

There's more players playing the trinity of mainstream/casual games (Dota2, CSGO, TF2) than there is every other game in the top 100 combined. That's really sad, you'd think PC gamers would like some variety. And yes, many of them only play these casual, mainstream games and don't have a very advanced gaming palette.

it is very sad when gamers limit themselves. I know console gamers who only buy call of duty,madden,and NBA 2k every year and not touch anything else.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By StealthMonkey4

@lawlessx said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lawlessx said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lawlessx said:
@StealthMonkey4 said:
@lostrib said:

Gee, that was real hard.

it is very sad when gamers limit themselves. I know console gamers who only buy call of duty,madden,and NBA 2k every year and not touch anything else.

I'm more inclined to side with Steam statistics than anecdotal evidence that doesn't match the sales or gameplay statistics.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Been playing and enjoying pCARS on the ps4 so another sim heading my way is very exciting news, i'm looking forward to hitting the track with my t300rs.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#141 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Isn't it still better on PC? (load times, graphics, controls and such)

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#142 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@StealthMonkey4 said: GTA V is not very open to modding and you can be banned for playing with mods. PS4 supports kb+m. The graphics are about on par with PS4 with very minor differences except framerate.

Stop being so ignorant cuz you you’re playing yourself like you're losing. GTA 5 Not Banning Players for Using Single-Player Mods

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 StealthMonkey4

@the_master_race said:
@StealthMonkey4 said: GTA V is not very open to modding and you can be banned for playing with mods. PS4 supports kb+m. The graphics are about on par with PS4 with very minor differences except framerate.

Stop being so ignorant cuz you you’re playing yourself like you're losing. GTA 5 Not Banning Players for Using Single-Player Mods

There was a big controversy about it and many players were banned. I'd just rather not risk it just for some mediocre physics mods or skins.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 lostrib

@StealthMonkey4 said:
@the_master_race said:

There was a big controversy about it and many players were banned. I'd just rather not risk it just for some mediocre physics mods or skins.

they were banned for using mods in multiplayer

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#145 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

do PS4 owners feel bad if a exclusive is released with a much uglier version in a much weaker system? like uncharted 4 on Wii U, if i were a ps4 owner i wouldnt feel bad at all, given that the experience for wii u owner would be nothing quite the original

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By -God-
@StealthMonkey4 said:

Vast majority of PC gamers are casuals who only play the same tired, old games such as Dota2, LoL, Skyrim, TF2, CSGO.

If THAT is what you call casual, then what the **** are Console games?

Also just because those are the most played doesn't mean they are the only played. Those series just have large and loyal communities, something console only gets for 1 or 2 games max each gen, and even those don't last very long. PC gamers enjoy a vastly superior version of most console titles and more aaa-aa exclusives than all three consoles combined. Have fun with your yearly sports games and interactive-movies though!

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

It doesn't matter PC still gets loads of quality games released every week, just go to the home page and press on that review link and see for yourself, nothing but quality releases

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Oh no! What will we do now?

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Another racing game? Boo-fucking-hoo!!!!

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@-God- said:

still no red dead redemption, id rather have that than anything on pc.