PC loses another exclusive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
NO ONE IS SAFE FROM THE LOSZT0RZ EXCLUSIVEZ!!1

Say goodbye to The Crossing hermits!
Job description

After developing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and Arx Fatalis, Arkane Studios wants to grow with talented developers who share the same passion and dedication to games.

If you want to work on “The Crossing”, our remarkably innovative “crossplayer” FPS for PC and Xbox360, and you think you can make a difference, you could have a place at Arkane.

As an Xbox360 programmer in Arkane Studios, you will handle porting, maintaining, and optimizing the codebase for the Xbox 360 version of the game, developed on the Valve’s Source Engine.Arkane Studios

tag_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tag_001
Member since 2004 • 1595 Posts
I couldn't care less, last time I checked there arn't any great RTS, MMORPGs and simulators on consoles. 
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
didn't dark messiah suck? yep it got a 6.7. no big lose there.
Toaster_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Toaster_Cell
Member since 2006 • 3062 Posts
So you get to become the enemy instead of dealing with AI contolled enemies....sounds sweet to me.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
what is the crossing?
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 InsaneBasura
I couldn't care less, last time I checked there arn't any great RTS, MMORPGs and simulators on consoles. tag_001
Good for you then. Bad for me. Or well, perhaps it's good since it gives me less incentive to waste $1000 on a new PC.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
[QUOTE="Ontain"]didn't dark messiah suck? yep it got a 6.7. no big lose there.

Dark Messiah was awesome.. I loved the combat. No more static swordslashes. They say The Crossing is an FPS? I don't really see the loss here.
truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 truesKill87
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
NO point in owning a PC anymore confirmed. PS3 is the winner.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
I have never heard of this game. What is it?
PopeDoyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PopeDoyle
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts
NO point in owning a PC anymore confirmed. PS3 is the winner. truesKill87
hmm, article shows its on the 360..NOT the ps3....
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

[quote="Arkane Studios"]Job description

After developing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and Arx Fatalis, Arkane Studios wants to grow with talented developers who share the same passion and dedication to games.

If you want to work on “The Crossing”, our remarkably innovative “crossplayer” FPS for PC and Xbox360, and you think you can make a difference, you could have a place at Arkane.

As an Xbox360 programmer in Arkane Studios, you will handle porting, maintaining, and optimizing the codebase for the Xbox 360 version of the game, developed on the Valve’s Source Engine.InsaneBasura

Was this ever exclusive in the first place? Does anyone really care about this game?
bobby_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bobby_king
Member since 2003 • 2122 Posts
The Crossing is the first FPS ever to "cross" Singel Player with Multiplayer. Think MMOFPS on a smaller scale.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 InsaneBasura
The only people who aren't at least interested in how the game will turn out are the ones who don't know what it's about. It combines singleplayer with multiplayer and even when people explain how it works I have no idea of how it's actually going to work. Won't be your average FPS anyway, that's for sure. Stalker, Spore and Crysis are the only upcoming exclusives I care about that are left. I guess things like getting better performance in all games, including old ones, getting certain games (Left 4 Dead) earlier and better versions of others (Quake Wars) are facts that might lead to an eventual upgrade anyway.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]The only people who aren't at least interested in how the game will turn out are the ones who don't know what it's about. It combines singleplayer with multiplayer and even when people explain how it works I have no idea of how it's actually going to work. Won't be your average FPS anyway, that's for sure. Stalker, Spore and Crysis are the only upcoming exclusives I care about that are left. I guess things like getting better performance in all games, including old ones, getting certain games (Left 4 Dead) earlier and better versions of others (Quake Wars) are facts that might lead to an eventual upgrade anyway.

You don't care about SupCom? The successor to TA, one of the greatest RTS's ever? Weird.
theunwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#15 theunwn
Member since 2005 • 488 Posts
The Crossing?...........some cheap game i couldnt care less
treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts

The game sounds and looks good, but its not the first... Perfect Dark let a player play co-op or as an enemy (the first PD)

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts
PC's don't have exclusives, never have. Exclusives are a console thing where a dev house is given a 'reward' buy one company i.e Microsoft not to port a console game to a rival console. The only PC games that don't go to console are ones that won't sell i.e. Flightsims or games that are too advanced to be run on a consoles hardware, i.e. Crysis.
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts
[QUOTE="tag_001"]I couldn't care less, last time I checked there arn't any great RTS, MMORPGs and simulators on consoles. InsaneBasura
Good for you then. Bad for me. Or well, perhaps it's good since it gives me less incentive to waste $1000 on a new PC.

Feel free to pay double the price for that game and most games...
For me the low price of PC games coupled with better controls/graphics/free mods-games more than makes up for that...
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

PC's don't have exclusives, never have. Exclusives are a console thing where a dev house is given a 'reward' buy one company i.e Microsoft not to port a console game to a rival console. The only PC games that don't go to console are ones that won't sell i.e. Flightsims or games that are too advanced to be run on a consoles hardware, i.e. Crysis.tenaka2

was that a serious post? internet sarcasm can be tough to detect sometimes.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="trix5817"][QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]The only people who aren't at least interested in how the game will turn out are the ones who don't know what it's about. It combines singleplayer with multiplayer and even when people explain how it works I have no idea of how it's actually going to work. Won't be your average FPS anyway, that's for sure. Stalker, Spore and Crysis are the only upcoming exclusives I care about that are left. I guess things like getting better performance in all games, including old ones, getting certain games (Left 4 Dead) earlier and better versions of others (Quake Wars) are facts that might lead to an eventual upgrade anyway.

You don't care about SupCom? The successor to TA, one of the greatest RTS's ever? Weird.

Don't care for RTS's. Don't care for simulations. I especially don't care for MMORPG's, in fact I hate those ****ing turd games.

I occasionally care about adventures, problem being that I hate puzzles. All it leads to is me browsing through Gamefaqs. Logical puzzles are fine, or physics problems, or like the one in that tomb in KOTOR, where you actually have to think rather than combine the duck with the fake beard and put it in the blender to pour on the steps to make the janitor slip so you can steal his keys to get into the office so you can plant the smokebomb you made out of compressed exhaust fumes from a car you found by stepping into a large balloon you confiscated from the circus and get eaten by a whale and direct it to the dock where the car is located by banging on the whale's brain with the shoes you bought with money gathered by playing the guitar on the street. Why can't you just knock the ****ing guy out?

I much prefer the type of adventure games that are less traditional. See Fahrenheit.

Anyhow...
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts
I've never heard of it.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="tag_001"]I couldn't care less, last time I checked there arn't any great RTS, MMORPGs and simulators on consoles. True_Gamer_

Feel free to pay double the price for that game and most games...
For me the low price of PC games coupled with better controls/graphics/free mods-games more than makes up for that...

$1000 bothers me more than $30. I'll probably upgrade whenever Crysis is released though. Seems to be the first game where you really need teh grafix to fully appreciate it. Most games aren't released until later during the year anyway apparently. Everything except Stalker pretty much. And I think my PC should be able to handle a game that was originally developed with DX8 in mind. Hopefully most Vista issues should be fixed as well. And hardware will be cheaper. Win-win-win situation rite thar.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
For some reason I don't think the hermits will be crying over this lose.
buckfush311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 buckfush311
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts

[quote="Arkane Studios"]Job description

As an Xbox360 programmer in Arkane Studios, you will handle porting, maintaining, and optimizing the codebase for the Xbox 360 version of the game, developed on the Valve’s Source Engine.InsaneBasura

LMAO that game got a 48% in PC Gamer...I honestly can't think of anyone who could possibly care.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 InsaneBasura
Seeing how the game isn't released until 2008 I can't see how that's possible.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
The Crossing? Excuse my french, but WHAT THE F*** IS THE CROSSING?!
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]The Crossing? Excuse my french, but WHAT THE F*** IS THE CROSSING?!

Here is a link to a trailer for the game It still makes me ask the same question you just asked, but it might clear it up a little.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]The Crossing? Excuse my french, but WHAT THE F*** IS THE CROSSING?!

Here is a link to a trailer for the game It still makes me ask the same question you just asked, but it might clear it up a little.

That trailer reinforced my earlier deduction that this game must suck since I hadn't heard about it. "Crossplayer" almost made me fall out of my chair laughing. Sounded vaguely..............wrong. Anyway, this game was sure to be a hit alright, from the makers of "Arx Fatalis" (Crap) and "Dark Messiah" (Crap). Is there a reason why I should be the least bit angry?
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 smokeydabear076
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]The Crossing? Excuse my french, but WHAT THE F*** IS THE CROSSING?!

That trailer reinforced my earlier deduction that this game must suck since I hadn't heard about it. "Crossplayer" almost made me fall out of my chair laughing. Sounded vaguely..............wrong. Anyway, this game was sure to be a hit alright, from the makers of "Arx Fatalis" (Crap) and "Dark Messiah" (Crap). Is there a reason why I should be the least bit angry?

There is no reason. Looks like crap to me.