PC > Consoles!

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Crysis.

Resolutions higher than 1080p as standard.

Mouse & Keyboard work with all games which is a huge advantage for FPS & RTS games.

If you are playing racing or other genres of games you can use the xbox360's controller!

Compatible with all previous generation games.

If you build it yourself you can get a decent rig that will play current gen games fine for the same price as a xbox360 + HDTV! (please dont argue with this, people have tried before but fail every time. Thankyou)

In November a new range of graphics cards will come out that will allow PC gamers to move onto what i believe to be a next generation ingraphics! G92

Mods

DirectX 10

The most AAA and AA games available by far!

Thats all i can think of for now.

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
The most number of AAAs and AAs.
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
KB/M isn't supported by RE4 apparently. There goes that argument.

Some people prefer accessibility. Some people don't like to consider system specs when purchasing games. Some people play both consoles and PC, yet prefer consoles.

I don't understand why people try to argue a topic which is completely opinion-based.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
owning a good PC AND consoles>owning just a good PC
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Daytona_178

KB/M isn't supported by RE4 apparently. There goes that argument.

Some people prefer accessibility. Some people don't like to consider system specs when purchasing games. Some people play both consoles and PC, yet prefer consoles.

I don't understand why people try to argue a topic which is completely opinion-based.
project343

Welcome to system wars my friend!

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Daytona_178

owning a good PC AND consoles>owning just a good PCVerge_6

True! But that a lot of money your talking about there.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts

Welcome to system wars my friend!

daytona_178

96% of my posts are in System Wars, I think I would know.

I completely agree. :D
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TekkenMaster606
Yeah, but ever since 2001 after the launch of the Xbox and the Gamecube, simply owning it all is the ultimate way to go. Or getting as close to it as you can. I don't own a Nintendo DS or Xbox 360, but I'm still cool with 'em, my PC/PS3/PSP/Wii setup is just fine. :)
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

Crysis.

Mouse & Keyboard work with all games which is a huge advantage for FPS & RTS games.

If you are playing racing or other genres of games you can use the xbox360's controller!

If you build it yourself you can get a decent rig that will play current gen games fine for the same price as a xbox360 + HDTV! (please dont argue with this, people have tried before but fail every time. Thankyou)

In November a new range of graphics cards will come out that will allow PC gamers to move onto what i believe to be a next generation ingraphics! G92

Mods

DirectX 10

daytona_178

ahahahhahhahah!!! all backwards compatability my a$$. vista isn't backwards compatable with ****.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Daytona_178
[QUOTE="daytona_178"]

Crysis.

Mods

DirectX 10

mistervengeance

ahahahhahhahah!!! all backwards compatability my a$$. vista isn't backwards compatable with ****.

Give it a bit of time and itll be fine!

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
PCs are boring and the world will know you as a nerd. Console makes you look cooler.
hip-hop-cola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 hip-hop-cola
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts
all know a pc is better than a console, but alot of us are two cheap and cant be bothered with the hassle they cause
CtrlShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CtrlShift
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts

CONSOLE>PC

This is obvious...you have to be a geek to think otherwise. The genre of games is limited to FPS, strategy and on-line RPG, that doesn't make a good gaming platform in my eyes. Fighting games are one of the most played genres.

Graphics you say... Well Crysis do look good. But the developer said that the Crysis engine will also be used in future titles down the road and those titles might even feature enhanced graphics. Also, Alan Wake already looks better than Crysis and it is for the XBOX360.

As for the controller. Playing with M/K setup is so uncomfortable and so old. When I play games I want to play games not have the same kind of feedback I get from typing documents in Word.

Installing games and all the hassle with Vista, virus, spyware etc. has made the PC such an irreliable platform.

PC-gaming was cool back in the days when you had to hack in the autoexec.bat and config.sys files to get games working in DOS. Then PC-gaming was for nirds, now PC-gaming is for pampered babies.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts
PCs are boring and the world will know you as a nerd. Console makes you look cooler.turgore
If you haven't graduated yet, perhaps. Everyone I know my age (31) who games uses a PC. Most of their kids have consoles, but mostly Xbox 1's and PS2's. Most of them are playing MMOs online or CS/Diablo2/Warcraft 3. As for boring, the PC hosts far more genera than the console scene, especially ones that require more thought than reflexes like: -4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate) -Flight Sim -Tank Sim -Naval Sim -Train Sim -Space Sim -Grognard Games
CtrlShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CtrlShift
That was a lot of sim-games... WOW!
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 br0kenrabbit

CONSOLE>PC

This is obvious...you have to be a geek to think otherwise. The genre of games is limited to FPS, strategy and on-line RPG, that doesn't make a good gaming platform in my eyes.

CtrlShift
Then tell me, what genera is this from? FPS? Online RPG? RTS?Or this one? Or any of the other dozens of genera I can't find on the consoles. I can post more pics as proof if you really want, seeing as how factual and readily available truisms seem to escape you.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TekkenMaster606

CONSOLE>PC

This is obvious...you have to be a geek to think otherwise.

CtrlShift

Simply posting on this forum qualifies you as a member in the domain of geekdom. There is no denying it. Any attempts to pass yourself off as some type of non gaming geek will earn you ridicule and laughter.

3manly. :lol: Yeah, dog. 3manly.PC games are for nerds. :roll:

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 br0kenrabbit
That was a lot of sim-games... WOW!
CtrlShift
What can I say: I'm a simmer. And I don't mean 'The Sims'. I mean technical sims. Can you guess why I don't own a console?
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
not only does Alan Wake not look better then crysis....but it hasnt even been shown on the 360 yet...only on the PC....and its a DX10 game.
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
I'm sorry but I must ask this (again.. :| ) why do hermits always only attack the 360... you do know that the PS3 is more powerful right?!?!? You do know that the wii is outselling both of em right?!?!?!?!? WTF?
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
not really... only in resolution.. very overrated. crysis looks incredible though
CtrlShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CtrlShift
The "nird-rank" you get is based on how many hours you spend every week playing games. To be labled "geek" you need at least 10 hours of gaming / week.
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
I would rather plug in and play
CtrlShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CtrlShift
PC is more like, "Plug & maybe play".
CtrlShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CtrlShift
The developer for Alan Wake said that it will look as good as on a high end PC. The reason why they keep delaying the game is because it needs a quad-core to run. Now, how many PC-gamers of today has a Quad core in their PCs?
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cobrax25

The developer for Alan Wake said that it will look as good as on a high end PC. The reason why they keep delaying the game is because it needs a quad-core to run. Now, how many PC-gamers of today has a Quad core in their PCs?
CtrlShift

If it needs a quad core PC to run (which it doesnt)....how do you exect it to look as good on the 360 (which it wont)...when the 360 couldnt even do Oblivion on the same level the PC did?

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

[QUOTE="CtrlShift"]The developer for Alan Wake said that it will look as good as on a high end PC. The reason why they keep delaying the game is because it needs a quad-core to run. Now, how many PC-gamers of today has a Quad core in their PCs?
cobrax25

If it needs a quad core PC to run (which it doesnt)....how do you exect it to look as good on the 360 (which it wont)...when the 360 couldnt even do Oblivion on the same level the PC did?

Why are you worried about what Oblivion did on the 360? You do know it's out on the PS3 too right? :|

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cobrax25
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]

[QUOTE="CtrlShift"]The developer for Alan Wake said that it will look as good as on a high end PC. The reason why they keep delaying the game is because it needs a quad-core to run. Now, how many PC-gamers of today has a Quad core in their PCs?
OhSnapitz

Why are you worried about what Oblivion did on the 360? You do know it's out on the PS3 too right? :|

Because he mentioned alan wake, which is only on the PC and 360. Go ahead and use the PS3 version of Oblivion for all I care.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Yep. I agree wholeheartedly.

If I just owned a PC, I wouldn't be able to experience Dead Rising, Super Paper Mario, Legend of Zelda TP, Forza 2, MGS 4, Resistance, etc.

I like having a PC for those games that just don't work on consoles (though I do prefer shooters on a console) and, well, everything else it can do.

CtrlShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CtrlShift
Then tell me. Why is it that Resident Evil 4 on a high-end PC doesn't look as good as on the Game Cube. We are talking about GAME CUBE here folks. A machine with 40 MB total memory and a CPU running at 433MHz. These specs aren't even enough to start windows.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cobrax25

Then tell me. Why is it that Resident Evil 4 on a high-end PC doesn't look as good as on the Game Cube. We are talking about GAME CUBE here folks. A machine with 40 MB total memory and a CPU running at 433MHz. These specs aren't even enough to start windows.
CtrlShift

Because Its made by Capcom....a Great Console developer who just happens to have no experience what so ever with PC hardware, and who couldnt make a well Optimized PC game if their life depended on it.

CtrlShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CtrlShift
Optimization is the keyword here, yes indeed...
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cobrax25

Optimization is the keyword here, yes indeed...CtrlShift

what does that have to do with Alan Wake.....the 360 version isnt going to look better then the PC version no matter how hopefull you are.

Kurrupt07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kurrupt07
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts

Crysis.

Mods

DirectX 10

daytona_178

Well at least i dont get my neck breathed down on by my friends when they come over to play games. we can lounge on the couch, recliner, whatnot, and spread out,but with PC gaming, assuming you have ONLYone PC in your house, your friends all have to squeeze together to look at your pretty Crysis graphics on your crisp, yet20'' monitor. THATS assuming you have friends, right?

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#37 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

[QUOTE="CtrlShift"]Then tell me. Why is it that Resident Evil 4 on a high-end PC doesn't look as good as on the Game Cube. We are talking about GAME CUBE here folks. A machine with 40 MB total memory and a CPU running at 433MHz. These specs aren't even enough to start windows.
cobrax25

Because Its made by Capcom....a Great Console developer who just happens to have no experience what so ever with PC hardware, and who couldnt make a well Optimized PC game if their life depended on it.

I think they learned from that with Lost Planet. :)

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#38 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts
[QUOTE="daytona_178"]

Crysis.

Mods

DirectX 10

Kurrupt07

Well at least i dont get my neck breathed down on by my friends when they come over to play games. we can lounge on the couch, recliner, whatnot, and spread out,but with PC gaming, assuming you have ONLYone PC in your house, your friends all have to squeeze together to look at your pretty Crysis graphics on your crisp, yet20'' monitor. THATS assuming you have friends, right?

I have friends, and I go over their houses to play consoles.

I also do other stuff with my friends like sports and movies. Ever heard of those activities? You console sheep should try them. :)

CtrlShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CtrlShift
When optimized games for the PS3 and XBOX360 start to roll out, then we will se what these machines are truly capable of.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cobrax25
[QUOTE="daytona_178"]

Crysis.

Mods

DirectX 10

Kurrupt07

you can play PC games on an HDTV.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 danneswegman
wow, people are acting more and more like PC gaming is an exclusive hardcore way of gameing.. it's not. It's an uncomfortable and user unfriendly way of gaming. That's way people rather play consoles.
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

"PC games arnt HD, this is a well known fact" -average fanboy

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
wow, people are acting more and more like PC gaming is an exclusive hardcore way of gameing.. it's not. It's an uncomfortable and user unfriendly way of gaming. That's way people rather play consoles.danneswegman
uncomfortable? How is it uncomfortable?
CtrlShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CtrlShift
I have nothing against PC-gaming. And it may come as a surprise to you but I too have a PC. When I play on it I use DOSBox to fire up good old games like Quest for glory, Elvira, Monkey Island. I have even played HL2 and Doom3 on it but I didn't find those games to be that good, really. The reason why I now prefer consoles is because they offer games that better suit my needs. Also I'm sick and tired of all the hassle PC has caused me during all these years.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 danneswegman

[QUOTE="danneswegman"]wow, people are acting more and more like PC gaming is an exclusive hardcore way of gameing.. it's not. It's an uncomfortable and user unfriendly way of gaming. That's way people rather play consoles.lettuceman44

what's more comfortable than your couch ? controller on your lap. Friends next to you.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cobrax25

[QUOTE="lettuceman44"][QUOTE="danneswegman"]wow, people are acting more and more like PC gaming is an exclusive hardcore way of gameing.. it's not. It's an uncomfortable and user unfriendly way of gaming. That's way people rather play consoles.danneswegman

for the last time....if you arent aware yet.

you can hook up a PC game to a TV, and play it with a gamepad....

what's more comfortable than your couch ? controller on your lap. Friends next to you.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 br0kenrabbit
See, people who say they have friends over to sit around and play games with them just shows you that an age divide exists, with exception, among the PC/Console crowd. I don't know anyone my age who would go to visit someone and end up playing games. For myself and my peers, gaming is a solo activity that usually takes the place of television time. It's not what we do with our lives, it's simply something we do when we have 'down-time'. And when we visit, we're usually either too busy preparing food and watching the kids to even bother with gaming. And when we do have man-time without the women, we GO OUT. You know, bowling, fishing, kayaking...real activities. Gaming is a hobby like woodworking, gardening or whatever...we use it to relax and escape, not to 'look cool' as the TC stated. That, again, shows the age divide. Consoles simply don't appeal to me (and though I can't speak for my friends reasons, they don't play consoles either but rather PCs) because the games they offer don't appeal to me. I don't like Ninjas. I don't like anime-girls. I don't like cars, sport games, or platformers. I want flight sims, tanks sims, 4X, RTS/TBS hybreds (Rome, Medieval, etc.), and games that either offer historical perspective or faux-history (ala Civilization series). I want a bit of realism with my games, and I'm not talking about graphics. Pulling a sword and doing an izuramza drop (or whatever) before collecting yellow essence and moving your badass to another alley with the same enemies and the same techniques is the epitome of boring to me.
Give me a plane that's just been through hell, has no elevator, no ailerons, is leaking fuel, has oil all over the windscreen so I can barely see anything, with half the instrument panel destroyed and ask me to land on a pitching, rolling carrier deck as my TRUE force-feedback stick fights in the opposite direction I'm trying to pull it due to prop sheer. Some of the times I can land such a ride.

Now THAT'S fun!

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
You know hermits that one game, crysis... is going to last you about a few days... then you will have to wait a few more years to get your next photo realistic game... and while your waiting i'll be playing all sorts of great games :)
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cobrax25

You know hermits that one game, crysis... is going to last you about a few days... then you will have to wait a few more years to get your next photo realistic game... and while your waiting i'll be playing all sorts of great games :) Dahaka-UK

I dont think you could be more wrong if you tried.

Not only will crysis last quite a while (it has a mad creater, and mod creater)

but the PC also gets more high scoring titles then any of the consoles....