PC Gaming Owns Your Soul! 2008! ( 56K , no love you. )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#151 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
PC is still going strong. I can't wait for Starcraft II and Turning Point.
thepiebaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 thepiebaron
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Let's not forget that these games can all be played on a $500-600 machine people. PC gaming is affordable for anyone so long as you can live with turning down the settings and only upgrade every 2-3 years. Even at medium settings most PC games look just as good (if not better) than their console counterparts.
youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts
buh buh pc gaming is dying :cry: looks like another great year for the pc
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

Quite the list there. :D

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#155 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

I like how PS3, 360, and Wii are at each other's throats all the time, but when the PC comes into the picture it becomes Happy Rainbow Console Sunshine Time and its okay to combine libraries all of a sudden.

Avatar image for Indestructible2
Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Indestructible2
Member since 2007 • 5935 Posts
Can't wait for Empire: Total War and Storm of War :D
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#157 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

what series/franchises does the PC have? go ahead list them, oh wait they dont besides Sims,Half life and a few other titles (what it took blizzard what 10 years to make the next startcraft game?)

I prefer consoles since they actually have titles/franchises to look up to like FF,MGS,Mario,Dmc,Geow,Halo,Zelda and many other franchises that are being made (example Mass Effect).

True_Gamer_

Your idiocy is showing. I'm not even going to list the franchises PC gaming has since I'll be here all night typing something down you should have researched before speaking.

Do it,hell I'll list console franchises

• Mario
  • Zelda
  • GoW
  • Phoenix Wright
  • PoP
  • FF
  • DQ/DW
  • DMC
  • R&C (even though I hate this series)
  • Guitar Hero
  • Halo
  • Pokemon (ewww)
  • Super Smash Bros
  • Tekken
  • Street Fighter
  • DoA
  • SC
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Madden
  • NHL
  • GTA
  • Tony Hawk pro skater
  • GT
  • Need for speed
  • Resident Evil
  • Ace Combat
  • Metroid
  • Dynasty Warriors
  • Castlevania
  • PGR
  • Syphon filter
  • Sonic
  • Fire emblem
  • donkey kong
  • Ninja gaiden
  • S vs R
  • Star ocean
  • Kingdom hearts
  • Tomb Raider
  • Virtual fighter
  • Silent hill
  • Burnout
  • Contra
  • Shin megami tensei/persona
  • Tenchu
  • (numerous anime fighting games)
  • Spyro
  • Mega man
  • Guilty gear
  • King of fighters

Those are just some series/franchises that I could think of,now the only reason I'm doing is this,hermits need to give credit when credit is due (same to the console gamers but they do it better) so stop acting like your gonna pwn something.

All 3 consoles vs PC? :lol:

thanks for elevating PC to a VERY high pedestale...

Thats funny, last time I checked there was more than 1 brand of PC (example Alien and Dell).

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

Thats funny, last time I checked there was more than 1 brand of PC (example Alien and Dell).

Ballroompirate

Are you serious. :lol:

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

Ballroompirate

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Ballroompirate
[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

t3hTwinky

Yea...next time when you want a PC that person is gonna say what kind of PC or what do you want in your PC if its self made so stop acting like every PC is the same thing which its not.

strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

Ballroompirate

Man thats along the lines of "PC can't do HD" thinking right there.

SunLord592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 SunLord592
Member since 2003 • 2651 Posts
thats not the pic for RAGE, thats Huxley the FPS MMO for pc and 360.
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
lol at DMC4 on the PC and the six people that will get it.
WARxSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 WARxSnake
Member since 2006 • 2154 Posts
[QUOTE="fiscope"]

Uh-huh. It has never been a better time to be a PC gamer!

adders99

until next week when you have to upgrade it because something better is out.

crysis will be the maximum threshold regarding pc gaming hardware and requirements. a 200$ 8800gt can handle crysis. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand that a great gaming pc will only cost 1400$ these days and that 8800 will last a long time thanks to multiplats which are better on PC. and also exclusives on PC which dont push the envelope requirement wise like crysis does. anyone who's gotten an 8800gt or gtx or the upcoming G92 flagship card, wont need to upgrade for a really long time.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="Guitartod"]TC...ROFL!!!!! The only games that looked good on your list of "pwnage" were games that are coming to consoles....have fun with your train simulaters.........but in all seriousness some of those games looked so lame,stupid or boring that id rather watch paint dry then play some of those... i know ur gonna say "bububububu teh graphics" we all know pc has the best graphics... ever hear dont beat a dead horse???? anyways pcs are fun for counter strike,unreal,COD4,Crysis,starcraft ect other then that give me a ps3 or 360 anyday of the week.....Guitartod

Hi Guitartod, you went quiet after our last discussion, oh, and isnt this hypocritical coming from you? I thought as much.

ok...... just let me know how that train simulater goes.....or if spore ever comes out.... anyways idk whats ur problem with consoles. like no one i come across playing a game online like CS:S (the game im always one, dont beilive me my steam id is DbZ_Gt_*SuPeRsAYN*4*g0GEtA* ) talks trash at all about consoles its more like when waiting for next round we usealy talk about other games were playing...alot of the time console games!!! but IDK maybe u dont actually play games online.... anyway grow up and play games for the games not cause they are so much more 1337 on ur pc.

Woooow... he speaks for himself. Irony anyone?

TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#166 TheSpidren
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
[QUOTE="Guitartod"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="Guitartod"]TC...ROFL!!!!! The only games that looked good on your list of "pwnage" were games that are coming to consoles....have fun with your train simulaters.........but in all seriousness some of those games looked so lame,stupid or boring that id rather watch paint dry then play some of those... i know ur gonna say "bububububu teh graphics" we all know pc has the best graphics... ever hear dont beat a dead horse???? anyways pcs are fun for counter strike,unreal,COD4,Crysis,starcraft ect other then that give me a ps3 or 360 anyday of the week.....DragonfireXZ95

Hi Guitartod, you went quiet after our last discussion, oh, and isnt this hypocritical coming from you? I thought as much.

ok...... just let me know how that train simulater goes.....or if spore ever comes out.... anyways idk whats ur problem with consoles. like no one i come across playing a game online like CS:S (the game im always one, dont beilive me my steam id is DbZ_Gt_*SuPeRsAYN*4*g0GEtA* ) talks trash at all about consoles its more like when waiting for next round we usealy talk about other games were playing...alot of the time console games!!! but IDK maybe u dont actually play games online.... anyway grow up and play games for the games not cause they are so much more 1337 on ur pc.

Woooow... he speaks for himself. Irony anyone?

Bwahaha guitartod PM'ed me asking why I was being so hostile to him and that I should be nicer to him and let him have his opinion. Hahahaha hypocricy.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="t3hTwinky"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Ballroompirate

Yea...next time when you want a PC that person is gonna say what kind of PC or what do you want in your PC if its self made so stop acting like every PC is the same thing which its not.

Lol, more than one brand of PC; they all run the same games. :lol:

However, not all consoles run the same games. Do you see why your comment was foolish?

EDIT: This is an awesome list btw Meu2k7. I will probably end up getting most of these games.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Ballroompirate
[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"][QUOTE="t3hTwinky"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

DragonfireXZ95

However, not all consoles run the same games. Do you see why your comment was foolish?

*gasp* guess what if you havent noticed theres really no console exclusives as much as the previous gens,console devs/publishers are going multiplat (yes theres still specific console exclusives but not as much as they use to).

Also "Lol, more than one brand of PC; they all run the same games. :lol:" so in your words my PC with a Radeon 7000 GC can run Crysis? :roll:

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"][QUOTE="t3hTwinky"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Ballroompirate

*gasp* guess what if you havent noticed theres really no console exclusives as much as the previous gens,console devs/publishers are going multiplat (yes theres still specific console exclusives but not as much as they use to).

Also "Lol, more than one brand of PC; they all run the same games. :lol:" so in your words my PC with a Radeon 7000 GC can run Crysis? :roll:

There are plenty of console exclusives, it's basically what lemmings/cows/sheep use against each other on this stupid forum.

And at least use common sense, you don't expect a playstation 2 or an Xbox to play PS3 or 360 games do you?

outsidethewall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 outsidethewall
Member since 2004 • 14750 Posts
That is why I'm dying for my 8800GT to come in the mail.
nick339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 nick339
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts

That is why I'm dying for my 8800GT to come in the mail.outsidethewall

I'm in the same boat as you :P

Damn Purolator.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

lol at DMC4 on the PC and the six people that will get it.Zero5000X

well..they're creating it solely for the places where consoles aren't popular (which is like...90% of the world), especialy continental Asia.

Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#173 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts

lol at DMC4 on the PC and the six people that will get it.Zero5000X

:lol:

thats just pointless. Its like buying GH3 on PC. Some games should just stay on consoles and some games should just stay on PC.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

what series/franchises does the PC have? go ahead list them, oh wait they dont besides Sims,Half life and a few other titles (what it took blizzard what 10 years to make the next startcraft game?)

I prefer consoles since they actually have titles/franchises to look up to like FF,MGS,Mario,Dmc,Geow,Halo,Zelda and many other franchises that are being made (example Mass Effect).

Ballroompirate

Your idiocy is showing. I'm not even going to list the franchises PC gaming has since I'll be here all night typing something down you should have researched before speaking.

Do it,hell I'll list console franchises

• Mario
  • Zelda
  • GoW
  • Phoenix Wright
  • PoP
  • FF
  • DQ/DW
  • DMC
  • R&C (even though I hate this series)
  • Guitar Hero
  • Halo
  • Pokemon (ewww)
  • Super Smash Bros
  • Tekken
  • Street Fighter
  • DoA
  • SC
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Madden
  • NHL
  • GTA
  • Tony Hawk pro skater
  • GT
  • Need for speed
  • Resident Evil
  • Ace Combat
  • Metroid
  • Dynasty Warriors
  • Castlevania
  • PGR
  • Syphon filter
  • Sonic
  • Fire emblem
  • donkey kong
  • Ninja gaiden
  • S vs R
  • Star ocean
  • Kingdom hearts
  • Tomb Raider
  • Virtual fighter
  • Silent hill
  • Burnout
  • Contra
  • Shin megami tensei/persona
  • Tenchu
  • (numerous anime fighting games)
  • Spyro
  • Mega man
  • Guilty gear
  • King of fighters

Those are just some series/franchises that I could think of,now the only reason I'm doing is this,hermits need to give credit when credit is due (same to the console gamers but they do it better) so stop acting like your gonna pwn something.

Console gaming get all the due they need here in Gamespot and every other site. Hell, they get the most threads than PC as a whole so you're acting like an absolute child over this. Funny how you walked into a PC centric thread in a moment's noticed to flaunt that you are a console gamer.

Also...

1. Diablo
  2. Warcraft
  3. Battlefield
  4. NeverWinter Nights
  5. Savage
  6. Homeworld
  7. Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War
  8. Dungeon Siege
  9. Trackmania
  10. Farcry
  11. Crysis
  12. Company of Heroes
  13. Everquest
  14. Lineage
  15. Hellgate London
  16. Baldur's Gate
  17. Icewind Dales
  18. Fallout
  19. Age of Empires
  20. Civilization
  21. Unreal Tournament
  22. Empire Earth
  23. Supreme Commander
  24. Sim City
  25. F.E.A.R./Project Orgin
  26. Sam and Max
  27. Tabula Rasa
  28. Heroes of Might and Magic
  29. Castle Wolfenstein
  30. Homeworld
  31. Half-Life (Including CS and TF)
  32. Total War
  33. The American McGee's Series
  34. Deus Ex
  35. Galatic Civilizations
  36. Guild Wars
  37. Command and Conquer
  38. Mechwarrior
  39. Thief
  40. SWAT
  41. Starcraft
  42. Europa Univeralsi
  43. Tribes
  44. Disciples
  45. Doom
  46. Microsoft Flight Simulation
  47. The Tycoon series
  48. The Sims
  49. Quake
  50. Ultima
Looks like PC gamers aren't lacking in franchises, eh?
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]lol at DMC4 on the PC and the six people that will get it.Shadow2k6

thats just pointless. Its like buying GH3 on PC. Some games should just stay on consoles and some games should just stay on PC.

Tell that to the people who try porting RTSes to 360 or adventure games to Wii. Pointless, but some people just never learn.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#176 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="Shadow2k6"]

[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]lol at DMC4 on the PC and the six people that will get it.AdrianWerner

Tell that to the people who try porting RTSes to 360 or adventure games to Wii. Pointless, but some people just never learn.

adventure for wii isnt that terrible if zack and wikki is any indication.

RTS for 360 well those guys are idiots.

Look IMO Action titles like a Ninja Gaiden or DMC are better on consoles. same with an Resident Evil.

RTS games and MMOs are WAY WAY better on PCs.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"][QUOTE="Shadow2k6"]

[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]lol at DMC4 on the PC and the six people that will get it.jg4xchamp

RTS for 360 well those guys are idiots.

Look IMO Action titles like a Ninja Gaiden or DMC are better on consoles. same with an Resident Evil.

RTS games and MMOs are WAY WAY better on PCs.

Since you can hook up your 360 controller to your PC, I don't see why action games are better on consoles.

That would be the only reason I would think.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 AdrianWerner

jg4xchamp

Zack and Wiki sold like crap and it was console-centric casualized adventure game. So yeah..porting Pc adventure games to Wii is pure idiocy. of course pc devs treat it as joke themselves, hence Wii getting inferior ports around the same time as PC gets the sequel (or second sequel) to the game

peacenutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 peacenutman
Member since 2004 • 1772 Posts

Wasn't this thread already posted on PC forum?

Anyway, 80% those are multiplay so I don't know what's so speical. And why are youhyping EVERY incoming game? Some of them look right down silly.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 DragonfireXZ95

Anyway, 80% those are multiplay so I don't know what's so speical. And why are youhyping EVERY incoming game? Some of them look right down silly.

peacenutman

Written by Meu2k7 - "27 Exclusives out of 46 games."

I didn't realize that 27 out of 46 was 80%, maybe my math is off.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#181 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

AdrianWerner

Zack and Wiki sold like crap and it was console-centric casualized adventure game. So yeah..porting Pc adventure games to Wii is pure idiocy. of course pc devs treat it as joke themselves, hence Wii getting inferior ports around the same time as PC gets the sequel (or second sequel) to the game

its not about selling, its about are they capable of making quality games on the system. i think u can make a quality PC like adventure game on the wii.

Unlike you cant make a quality controlling RTS atleast on the level of PCs o nthe 360 or PS3.

Thats my arguement. I could care less what it sold.

Does Psychonauts suck, Crysis didnt sell so hot does that suck, Metroid Prime 3, etc no its about quality.

Planescape Torment could have sold one copy to me for all i care, i would still preach it as the best story any videogame has ever had bar none.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
Woohoo this year's gonna be great for PC games. PC FTW!
Duo75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Duo75
Member since 2005 • 283 Posts
:shock: damn. I HAVE to get a gaming pc soon.
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
nice! these games will put my 8800GTS(G92) to good use.
peacenutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 peacenutman
Member since 2004 • 1772 Posts
[QUOTE="peacenutman"]

DragonfireXZ95

Sorry that was a quick guess, a bad one too.

But my point is that most of those games are either unimpressive or multiplat.

Somebody did this kind of thread last year, and look how it turns out.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="peacenutman"]

peacenutman

No idea how it turned out, I wasn't around then.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 AdrianWerner

its not about selling, its about are they capable of making quality games on the system.

jg4xchamp

Well..then you can make game from any genre work well on PC,including DMC4, just plug a pad and no problems.

karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts
Great list.Now I'm thinking about upgrading my PC and buy a PS3 on 2009.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Ballroompirate

There are so many things wrong with that comparison.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="peacenutman"]

peacenutman

My opinion detector just exploded...and we all know what dirty Harry said about teh opinion...

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Danm_999
[QUOTE="peacenutman"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="peacenutman"]

True_Gamer_

My opinion detector just exploded...and we all know what dirty Harry said about teh opinion...

peacenutman's opinions are as valid as the next persons!

For example, he rated Killzone 10.0 in his profile. This man has taste.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 112505
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts

My current comp will be lucky to run 3-4 of those games and my comp is only 3 years old :-(BigGimp77

Some consoles don't even last that long. I suggest you upgrade.

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]to bad the console 08 line up is way better.Ballroompirate

Shame you cant use 3 systems against one, then you maybe would have a point ;)

actually 2 (PC/Laptop) against 3 (5 if you want to count the 2 handhelds)

btw stop using "omg they out number us" excuse its very pathetic.

ROFL.

Good lord that's idiotic. Report me, I don't care, but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on any forum.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
PC and laptop are two consoles now? I don't care if I get modded as well ( even though I'm just back from suspension), but if you weren't being sarcastic you are the most stupid mo fo in the galaxy.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="Norule04"]

Imo they should pass up all those RTS' and make some awesome adventure games instead. The adventure genre is the only reason why I still play my pc

hamidious

nobody cares about you

No need to be rude man. Chill

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]to bad the console 08 line up is way better.Zeliard9

ROFL.

Good lord that's idiotic. Report me, I don't care, but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on any forum.

Damn. Now I've got to decide between my current sig, Wok7's faus paux, and what Ballroompirate just said.

dulgn_ps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 dulgn_ps
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts

If only my PC wasn't totally craptastic, sweet list :D.cyborgjak427
me too btw very nice list

dulgn_ps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 dulgn_ps
PC and laptop are two consoles now? I don't care if I get modded as well ( even though I'm just back from suspension), but if you weren't being sarcastic you are the most stupid mo fo in the galaxy.hamidious
pc games are very important dude
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
[QUOTE="hamidious"][QUOTE="Norule04"]

Imo they should pass up all those RTS' and make some awesome adventure games instead. The adventure genre is the only reason why I still play my pc

lordlors

nobody cares about you

No need to be rude man. Chill

I apologize, it just seems that stupid fanboys like to make stupid remarks that are simply not true, like PC is all FPS, or all RTS, then someone will come out and say it's all Adventures, I mean WTF!
dulgn_ps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 dulgn_ps
[QUOTE="Zeliard9"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]to bad the console 08 line up is way better.Danm_999

ROFL.

Damn. Now I've got to decide between my current sig, Wok7's faus paux, and what Ballroompirate just said.

lol this is classic