PC gaming is so much better than console gaming...We have mods!

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Whoopity doo!  So, hermits are basically saying the following..."The developers made their games so poorly, that user-created mods are the only way to enjoy our PC games and the only true way to own the console gamers by making this point?" :lol:

Yeah, hermits have better graphics.  Warning.....Heavy sarcasm ahead.

"Let me just shell out another $600 for the lastest greatest graphics card yet again.  I'm just gonna go sit in my computer chair with both hands locked tight...one on the keyboard and one on the mouse.  I sure hope my game doesn't freeze again, or yet another Windows update happens while I'm playing it.  It doesn't matter though.  Because I've got my amazing $2000 computer I need to upgrade in some form every 2-3 years to keep up with the PC crowd 

My tiny computer speakers are so much better than my bose speakers hooked up to my console.  Oh, that's right...I can use my bose speakers with my PC.  But wait...the sweet spot for full surround sound is in the center of my room...right where my comfortable recliner is in front of my 50 inch HDTV for console gaming.  Oh! Who cares right?  I'll just have to either move my bose speakers to accomade the "digital surround" atmosphere for my PC, buy some new good speakers for my PC to hook up and find somewhere to place them in my tiny room, or leave it be.  

Oh well....at least I have my amazing uber PC to look forward to no matter what!  I mean, I just love gaming in my chair.  Nothing beats it.  I'd rather game on that chair than my relaxing recliner I have set up for my console games.  Heck, I'll just get rid of my recliner altogether.  I need to stay straight and have good posture when being a PC gamer...but that's fine and dandy because PC gaming is soooo much better anyway.  My PC monitor is only 19 inches, but hey...that's just great, because I have to sit so close to it anyway to accomated both my hands for the mouse and keyboard.  I don't care that my hands are cramped and uncomfortable while gaming on my PC.  Because I know I'm getting the ultimate experience.

All in all, who needs a big HDTV, a recliner, and a comfortable control scheme when I can shell out $600 every 2-3 years for the latest uber graphics that are a little better than consoles.  Who needs comfort when Crysis will destroy the sheep, cows, lemmings to eternity...And oh yeah....WE HAVE TEH MODS !!!"

Gotta love hermits  :roll:

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts

As an owner of a PC I seriously think mods are just a gimmick and not that important, but if you prefer PC you probably do because of customablity and mods are HUGE on that so they think they're huge.

shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts

I like consoles just as much as the next gamer, but free mods really are f'ing cool.

For example, the UT2004 expansion packs extended the life of that game years beyond what I expected.  That's bang for your buck.

dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts

Yeah, hermits have better graphics.

AvIdGaMeR444

No. To the moment PC graphics is not next gen level 

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

dimar19

Im a blind lemming

Fixed 

ChupacabraIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ChupacabraIII
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

lmfao Console sheep

ba-ba-ba-ba u hav to spend 600 dollerz for video cards every years rite gaiz? :cry:

Good try kid. But I'd rather spend 250 bucks every 6 years than 400+ every 4. 

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 True_Gamer_

Blah Blah Blah *Im a PC hater* Blah Blah BlahAvIdGaMeR444

Fixed too.. 

Steakdinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Steakdinner
Member since 2004 • 478 Posts
I play on my couch, with my feet up, using a 360 controller and a widescreen monitor on the coffee table in front of me, i guess to enjoy PC gaming you have to be older then 16 using your parents crappy computer in your basement. Yep, lifes god when you live on your own, maybe someday you too will know this luxery sport ;)
kris2456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kris2456
Member since 2003 • 144 Posts
[QUOTE="dimar19"][QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

True_Gamer_

Im a blind lemming

Fixed

gg

rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts
for flamebait, that is way too obvious.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

dimar19

Ofcourse not, thats why Xbox360 has a ton of PC ports from over a year ago , and not even Half-Life 2 :roll:

"Fear , Oblivion" next gen and you cant even beat the PC's performance on them before mods let alone after XD

Unreal Tournement 3's graphics is better than Gears of War, and guess which system its release priority is for, haha thats right .. PC.

/golfclap 

dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dimar19

"Fear , Oblivion" next gen and you cant even beat the PC's performance on them before mods let alone after XD

Unreal Tournement 3's graphics is better than Gears of War, and guess which system its release priority is for, haha thats right .. PC.

/golfclap

Meu2k7

Man, you'd better learn some basic stuff. FEAR doesn't have any lighting outdoor, even static, and nobody bouhgt this crap with Prey/Q4 on X360.

In UT 3 lighting of players just turned off completely, that's obvious from trailers. Better then Gears? LOL 

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Whoopity doo!  So, hermits are basically saying the following..."The developers made their games so poorly, that user-created mods are the only way to enjoy our PC games and the only true way to own the console gamers by making this point?" :lol:

Yeah, hermits have better graphics. Really depends on the game. Warning.....Heavy sarcasm ahead.

"Let me just shell out another $600 for the lastest greatest graphics card yet again. You dont need the latest graphics card to max game settings. I'm just gonna go sit in my computer chair with both hands locked tight...one on the keyboard and one on the mouse.  Not all hermits play FPSes. I sure hope my game doesn't freeze again, or yet another Windows update happens while I'm playing it. Most hermits have moved past Windows 98. It doesn't matter though.  Because I've got my amazing $2000 computer I need to upgrade in some form every 2-3 years to keep up with the PC crowd  Upgrades are not mandatory every 2-3 years.

My tiny computer speakers are so much better than my bose speakers hooked up to my console.  Most hermits have moved past the $10 blue light special computer speakers. Oh, that's right...I can use my bose speakers with my PC.  But wait...the sweet spot for full surround sound is in the center of my room...right where my comfortable recliner is in front of my 50 inch HDTV for console gaming.  Actually the sweet spot is three feet from each speaker. Oh! Who cares right?  I'll just have to either move my bose speakers to accomade the "digital surround" atmosphere for my PC, buy some new good speakers for my PC to hook up and find somewhere to place them in my tiny room, or leave it be.  Not all hermits have a tiny living room.

Oh well....at least I have my amazing uber PC to look forward to no matter what!  I mean, I just love gaming in my chair.  Nothing beats it.  I'd rather game on that chair than my relaxing recliner I have set up for my console games.  This is why you dont get the $20 computer chairs from walmart. Heck, I'll just get rid of my recliner altogether.  I need to stay straight and have good posture when being a PC gamer...but that's fine and dandy because PC gaming is soooo much better anyway.  My PC monitor is only 19 inches, most hermits have moved up to 24"-30" widescreen lcd monitors by now but hey...that's just great, because I have to sit so close to it anyway to accomated both my hands for the mouse and keyboard.  Again, there is more to pc gaming than FPSes. I don't care that my hands are cramped and uncomfortable while gaming on my PC.  Dont claw the mouse and keyboard then. Because I know I'm getting the ultimate experience.

All in all, who needs a big HDTV, a recliner, and a comfortable control scheme when I can shell out $600 every 2-3 years for the latest uber graphics that are a little better than consoles.  Most hermits dont buy the best of the best when its $600. Who needs comfort Again, buy a good computer chair and quit clawing the mouse and keyboard. when Crysis will destroy the sheep, cows, lemmings to eternity...And oh yeah....WE HAVE TEH MODS !!!" There are some really, really good mods out there. Dont knock them until you try them.

AvIdGaMeR444

Fixed for posterity

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I lay down sidewards on my chair using the pc, who cares about the health warnings, oh and yeh my pc is better 360 it does not break, had 2 tht broke in under a year

Fruity_Fantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fruity_Fantasy
Member since 2007 • 778 Posts

IMO PC gaming is stupid even though I did when I lived at home with mom, but now It's just not affordable and it was such a headache. I'm happy with the 360 and XBL.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
[QUOTE="True_Gamer_"]

Fixed

dimar19

Idiot, none of PC games to the moment doesn't have dynamic lighting outdoors except not best looking straight X360 port named R6 Vegas

And they are talking about graphics. :D

ammmm, STALKER, Oblivion, Gothic 3 to name a few.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dimar19

ammmm, STALKER, Oblivion, Gothic 3 to name a few.muscleserge

What? :D

Call of Juarez only, that are going to be released in US this summer 

baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts

[QUOTE="muscleserge"] ammmm, STALKER, Oblivion, Gothic 3 to name a few.dimar19

He just said that STALKER, Oblivion, and Gothic 3 all have outdoor dynamic lighting.
RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RossRichard

[QUOTE="muscleserge"] ammmm, STALKER, Oblivion, Gothic 3 to name a few.dimar19

I dont know about Stalker and Gothic 3, but I know Oblivion has HDR lighting. Look in the setups.

Wahoo2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wahoo2k
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts

As an owner of a PC I seriously think mods are just a gimmick and not that important, but if you prefer PC you probably do because of customablity and mods are HUGE on that so they think they're huge.

Dencore

neverwinter nights without user created maps and modifications = dead in a few months

neverwinter nights with the editor to make custom maps and modifications = went on for years and years.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

dimar19

how is this.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts
We have convenience and comfort. It ballances out I suppose.
Avatar image for Radeon_X1950XTX
Radeon_X1950XTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Radeon_X1950XTX
Member since 2006 • 1055 Posts

Dencore

counterstrike was a mod, did you know

how are mods gimmick
wiimote gimmick
achievements Gimmick
sixaxis Gimmick

Avatar image for Radeon_X1950XTX
Radeon_X1950XTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Radeon_X1950XTX
Member since 2006 • 1055 Posts

Yeah, hermits have better graphics.  Warning.....Heavy sarcasm ahead.

"Let me just shell out another $600 for the lastest greatest graphics card yet again.  I'm just gonna go sit in my computer chair with both hands locked tight...one on the keyboard and one on the mouse.  I sure hope my game doesn't freeze again, or yet another Windows update happens while I'm playing it.  It doesn't matter though.  Because I've got my amazing $2000 computer I need to upgrade in some form every 2-3 years to keep up with the PC crowd 

My tiny computer speakers are so much better than my bose speakers hooked up to my console.  Oh, that's right...I can use my bose speakers with my PC.  But wait...the sweet spot for full surround sound is in the center of my room...right where my comfortable recliner is in front of my 50 inch HDTV for console gaming.  Oh! Who cares right?  I'll just have to either move my bose speakers to accomade the "digital surround" atmosphere for my PC, buy some new good speakers for my PC to hook up and find somewhere to place them in my tiny room, or leave it be.  

Oh well....at least I have my amazing uber PC to look forward to no matter what!  I mean, I just love gaming in my chair.  Nothing beats it.  I'd rather game on that chair than my relaxing recliner I have set up for my console games.  Heck, I'll just get rid of my recliner altogether.  I need to stay straight and have good posture when being a PC gamer...but that's fine and dandy because PC gaming is soooo much better anyway.  My PC monitor is only 19 inches, but hey...that's just great, because I have to sit so close to it anyway to accomated both my hands for the mouse and keyboard.  I don't care that my hands are cramped and uncomfortable while gaming on my PC.  Because I know I'm getting the ultimate experience.

All in all, who needs a big HDTV, a recliner, and a comfortable control scheme when I can shell out $600 every 2-3 years for the latest uber graphics that are a little better than consoles.  Who needs comfort when Crysis will destroy the sheep, cows, lemmings to eternity...And oh yeah....WE HAVE TEH MODS !!!"

AvIdGaMeR444

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25568867&page=3
start reading at page 1

i wonder if you ever have played on a good rig, with great mods, mods are the best, and mods> downloadable content you pay for
Andres001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Andres001
Member since 2005 • 601 Posts
CONSOLES OWN ALL AROUND.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dencore
[QUOTE="Dencore"]

Radeon_X1950XTX

how are mods gimmick
wiimote gimmick
achievements Gimmick
sixaxis Gimmick

MODS are gimmicks because it only lets you see how somone else changes a game, and while intresting, it get very old fast. I buy games to play the fully made game, not to see someone else's generically desigend level. A yes I DID know that CounterStrike was a mod.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 True_Gamer_
[QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"][QUOTE="Dencore"]

Dencore

how are mods gimmick
wiimote gimmick
achievements Gimmick
sixaxis Gimmick

MODS are gimmicks because it only lets you see how somone else changes a game, and while intresting, it get very old fast. I buy games to play the fully made game, not to see someone else's generically desigend level. A yes I DID know that CounterStrike was a mod.

Look Here

Someone else? 

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

Whoopity doo!  So, hermits are basically saying the following..."The developers made their games so poorly, that user-created mods are the only way to enjoy our PC games and the only true way to own the console gamers by making this point?" :lol:AvIdGaMeR444

Stopped reading right there. This is either flamebait or a huge misconception of what we're talking about. I'll break it down. Half-Life by itself is awesome. Half-Life with Counter-Strike, Team Fotress Classic, Red Orchestra, Red Orchestra, and Day of Defeat is even more awesome. >_>

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dencore
[QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"][QUOTE="Dencore"]

True_Gamer_

how are mods gimmick
wiimote gimmick
achievements Gimmick
sixaxis Gimmick

Look Here

Someone else?

See this is exactly what I'm talking about why would I care to play as Lord of the Rings characters? I buy a game to play a full fleged one with much time and effort spend on it professionally, not something that would be a budget title like "Zombie Mod" or just changing the characters in the game.  Like I said to me and all other console gamers Mods  are a gimmick nothing more. 

evilbarbarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 evilbarbarian
Member since 2005 • 3883 Posts
I'm starting to come to the realization that Hermits are more intellectually capable the the others.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
I play the Project Reality mod for BF2 more than I ever played BF2........
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Another weaksauce thread by AvidGamer....:roll:
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 True_Gamer_
[QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"][QUOTE="Dencore"]

Dencore

how are mods gimmick
wiimote gimmick
achievements Gimmick
sixaxis Gimmick

Look Here

Someone else?

See this is exactly what I'm talking about why would I care to play as Lord of the Rings characters? I buy a game to play a full fleged one with much time and effort spend on it professionally, not something that would be a budget title like "Zombie Mod" or just changing the characters in the game. Like I said to me and all other console gamers Mods are a gimmick nothing more.

What if I want to experience the battles from teh movies? Amd EA makes that cr@p called BFME? Which has "armies" of 30-40 guys? EA got the license so my only hope to have a Helms Deep with 10000 Uruk Hai is someone to mod Rome total War...

See...licenses mods are giving us what developers cant...check Goldeneye Source for that matter or WWII mod for Crysis... 

MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MaTT2011
Member since 2005 • 3949 Posts

Whoopity doo! So, hermits are basically saying the following..."The developers made their games so poorly, that user-created mods are the only way to enjoy our PC games and the only true way to own the console gamers by making this point?" :lol:

Yeah, hermits have better graphics. Warning.....Heavy sarcasm ahead.

"Let me just shell out another $600 for the lastest greatest graphics card yet again. I'm just gonna go sit in my computer chair with both hands locked tight...one on the keyboard and one on the mouse. I sure hope my game doesn't freeze again, or yet another Windows update happens while I'm playing it. It doesn't matter though. Because I've got my amazing $2000 computer I need to upgrade in some form every 2-3 years to keep up with the PC crowd

My tiny computer speakers are so much better than my bose speakers hooked up to my console. Oh, that's right...I can use my bose speakers with my PC. But wait...the sweet spot for full surround sound is in the center of my room...right where my comfortable recliner is in front of my 50 inch HDTV for console gaming. Oh! Who cares right? I'll just have to either move my bose speakers to accomade the "digital surround" atmosphere for my PC, buy some new good speakers for my PC to hook up and find somewhere to place them in my tiny room, or leave it be.

Oh well....at least I have my amazing uber PC to look forward to no matter what! I mean, I just love gaming in my chair. Nothing beats it. I'd rather game on that chair than my relaxing recliner I have set up for my console games. Heck, I'll just get rid of my recliner altogether. I need to stay straight and have good posture when being a PC gamer...but that's fine and dandy because PC gaming is soooo much better anyway. My PC monitor is only 19 inches, but hey...that's just great, because I have to sit so close to it anyway to accomated both my hands for the mouse and keyboard. I don't care that my hands are cramped and uncomfortable while gaming on my PC. Because I know I'm getting the ultimate experience.

All in all, who needs a big HDTV, a recliner, and a comfortable control scheme when I can shell out $600 every 2-3 years for the latest uber graphics that are a little better than consoles. Who needs comfort when Crysis will destroy the sheep, cows, lemmings to eternity...And oh yeah....WE HAVE TEH MODS !!!"

Gotta love hermits :roll:

AvIdGaMeR444

Strawman fallacies FTL!

You fail. 

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RossRichard
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

Yeah, hermits have better graphics. Really depends on the game. Warning.....Heavy sarcasm ahead.

"Let me just shell out another $600 for the lastest greatest graphics card yet again. You dont need the latest graphics card to max game settings. I'm just gonna go sit in my computer chair with both hands locked tight...one on the keyboard and one on the mouse.  Not all hermits play FPSes. I sure hope my game doesn't freeze again, or yet another Windows update happens while I'm playing it. Most hermits have moved past Windows 98. It doesn't matter though.  Because I've got my amazing $2000 computer I need to upgrade in some form every 2-3 years to keep up with the PC crowd  Upgrades are not mandatory every 2-3 years.

My tiny computer speakers are so much better than my bose speakers hooked up to my console.  Most hermits have moved past the $10 blue light special computer speakers. Oh, that's right...I can use my bose speakers with my PC.  But wait...the sweet spot for full surround sound is in the center of my room...right where my comfortable recliner is in front of my 50 inch HDTV for console gaming.  Actually the sweet spot is three feet from each speaker. Oh! Who cares right?  I'll just have to either move my bose speakers to accomade the "digital surround" atmosphere for my PC, buy some new good speakers for my PC to hook up and find somewhere to place them in my tiny room, or leave it be.  Not all hermits have a tiny living room.

Oh well....at least I have my amazing uber PC to look forward to no matter what!  I mean, I just love gaming in my chair.  Nothing beats it.  I'd rather game on that chair than my relaxing recliner I have set up for my console games.  This is why you dont get the $20 computer chairs from walmart. Heck, I'll just get rid of my recliner altogether.  I need to stay straight and have good posture when being a PC gamer...but that's fine and dandy because PC gaming is soooo much better anyway.  My PC monitor is only 19 inches, most hermits have moved up to 24"-30" widescreen lcd monitors by now but hey...that's just great, because I have to sit so close to it anyway to accomated both my hands for the mouse and keyboard.  Again, there is more to pc gaming than FPSes. I don't care that my hands are cramped and uncomfortable while gaming on my PC.  Dont claw the mouse and keyboard then. Because I know I'm getting the ultimate experience.

All in all, who needs a big HDTV, a recliner, and a comfortable control scheme when I can shell out $600 every 2-3 years for the latest uber graphics that are a little better than consoles.  Most hermits dont buy the best of the best when its $600. Who needs comfort Again, buy a good computer chair and quit clawing the mouse and keyboard. when Crysis will destroy the sheep, cows, lemmings to eternity...And oh yeah....WE HAVE TEH MODS !!!" There are some really, really good mods out there. Dont knock them until you try them.

RossRichard

Fixed for posterity

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dencore
[QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"][QUOTE="Dencore"]

True_Gamer_

how are mods gimmick
wiimote gimmick
achievements Gimmick
sixaxis Gimmick

Look Here

Someone else?

See this is exactly what I'm talking about why would I care to play as Lord of the Rings characters? I buy a game to play a full fleged one with much time and effort spend on it professionally, not something that would be a budget title like "Zombie Mod" or just changing the characters in the game. Like I said to me and all other console gamers Mods are a gimmick nothing more.

What if I want to experience the battles from teh movies? Amd EA makes that cr@p called BFME? Which has "armies" of 30-40 guys? EA got the license so my only hope to have a Helms Deep with 10000 Uruk Hai is someone to mod Rome total War...

See...licenses mods are giving us what developers cant...check Goldeneye Source for that matter or WWII mod for Crysis...

I play Rome Total War for Rome Total War and its gameplay mechanics, not just to see a bunch of monsters from LOTR run around. And I'd enjoy BFME for ya know the actual gameplay instead of you know seeing 10,000 Uruk Hai, and the matter is still stupid because you aren't playing BFME your playing Rome Total War just with diffrent skins. There's a cheat to play as Cloud in FFT so does that mean I'm playing FFVII? And Goldeneye Source sucks ass, perfect example how a console FPS CAN be better on a console then one a PC.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 True_Gamer_
[QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"][QUOTE="Dencore"]

Dencore

how are mods gimmick
wiimote gimmick
achievements Gimmick
sixaxis Gimmick

Look Here

Someone else?

I play Rome Total War for Rome Total War and its gameplay mechanics, not just to see a bunch of monsters from LOTR run around. And I'd enjoy BFME for ya know the actual gameplay instead of you know seeing 10,000 Uruk Hai, and the matter is still stupid because you aren't playing BFME your playing Rome Total War just with diffrent skins. There's a cheat to play as Cloud in FFT so does that mean I'm playing FFVII? And Goldeneye Source sucks ass, perfect example how a console FPS CAN be better on a console then one a PC.

Can you please then tell me how they managed to make Sauron a ONE man unit that throws people around like in the first battle in the movie?

How many characters where in the battles in the movie? 10000.. How many BFME has? 100? Lol thats pathetic...

Plus they made also Gimli, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, AND the ring with Frodo and Bara Dur and Minas Tirith and you have to help Frodo to get the ring to the mount doom and they made the Witch king who in 2.0 version rides a Fell Beast...

So is all the above just RTW with different skins? I dont think so... 

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#39 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts
By insulting mods, you're insulting my hours of work and dedication you jerk.
RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RossRichard
[QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"][QUOTE="Dencore"]

True_Gamer_

how are mods gimmick
wiimote gimmick
achievements Gimmick
sixaxis Gimmick

Look Here

Someone else?

Can you please then tell me how they managed to make Sauron a ONE man unit that throws people around like in the first battle in the movie?

How many characters where in the battles in the movie? 10000.. How many BFME has? 100? Lol thats pathetic...

Plus they made also Gimli, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, AND the ring with Frodo and Bara Dur and Minas Tirith and you have to help Frodo to get the ring to the mount doom and they made the Witch king who in 2.0 version rides a Fell Beast...

Like I said, dont ever knock mods. There are some amazing ones out there.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"][QUOTE="Dencore"]

RossRichard

how are mods gimmick
wiimote gimmick
achievements Gimmick
sixaxis Gimmick

Look Here

Someone else?

From what you said about that mod, I think I want to get Rome: Total War just for that mod. >_>
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#42 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts
Mods can be anywhere from just a bunch of added weapons to a game, to an entirely new cmapaign with completely redone mechanics and everything. If you do not believe mods have any impact, play half life 2 mods.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dencore
[QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"][QUOTE="Dencore"]

True_Gamer_

how are mods gimmick
wiimote gimmick
achievements Gimmick
sixaxis Gimmick

Look Here

Someone else?

Umm pretty much yeah all they did was just take the units in rome total wars and make them LOTR characters........no really that's all they did. 

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 True_Gamer_
[QUOTE="RossRichard"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"][QUOTE="Dencore"]

PannicAtack

how are mods gimmick
wiimote gimmick
achievements Gimmick
sixaxis Gimmick

Look Here

Someone else?

From what you said about that mod, I think I want to get Rome: Total War just for that mod. >_>

http://lotr-tw.net/ the site is under refurbishment you can find all the info and previews on their forum...

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dencore

By insulting mods, you're insulting my hours of work and dedication you jerk.kittykatz5k

Your point? I'm not insulting them I just said that I think they aren't anything special. 

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PannicAtack
Mods can be anywhere from just a bunch of added weapons to a game, to an entirely new cmapaign with completely redone mechanics and everything. If you do not believe mods have any impact, play half life 2 mods.kittykatz5k
SOURCEFORTS FTW
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 True_Gamer_
[QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="True_Gamer_"][QUOTE="Dencore"][QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"][QUOTE="Dencore"]

Dencore

how are mods gimmick
wiimote gimmick
achievements Gimmick
sixaxis Gimmick

Look Here

Someone else?

Umm pretty much yeah all they did was just take the units in rome total wars and make them LOTR characters........no really that's all they did.

Lol its liek you didnt even read my reply...

Fell Beast? A flying creature?

The One Ring? And the whole storyline? With the destruction of Mordor if Frodo destroys the ring?

Individual Characters? With traits and RPG development? 

Witch King as warlord of Mordor?

Sauron? One man unit? That throws people around? Have you EVER played RTW?   

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dencore

^^^^

"Look again at how GS rates the games, Gameplay only makes up for 1/5 Gameplay: Wiimote gets in the way of gameplay Graphics: PS3 has the best Value: Wii console and games are overpriced, Ps3 games give you the best value for money Sound:With surround sound PS3 games sound awesome Tilt: The tilt sensitivity helps gamplay, doesnt get in its way, unlike wiimote"

:lol: 

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dencore

Lol its liek you didnt even read my reply...

Fell Beast? A flying creature?

The One Ring? And the whole storyline? With the destruction of Mordor if Frodo destroys the ring?

Individual Characters? With traits and RPG development?

Witch King as warlord of Mordor?

Sauron? One man unit? That throws people around? Have you EVER played RTW?

True_Gamer_

I seriously don't understand why you make this such a big deal. I don't give a flying crap that someone extended the game by adding a LOTR theme and side quest to the game. I buy a game to play the game not others little individual projects. I brought CS: S for CS: S not some stupid mod where I play as a zombie knifing people. I brought UT: 2004 for UT: 2004 not "soccer death ball" or whatever it's called. Most console gamers don't give a damn about mods, just like you don't give a damn about offline multiplayer gaming *LAN is seriously ridiculous, I'm not going to call my friends and tell them to bring their PC's every time we want to play a game*, or you don't give a damn about relaxing and playing a game on a couch on your big TV, console gamers don't care for it at all. And that's something you have to accept. I game on everything and though I prefer some over the other, non are equal.

Arcade = Ultimate immersion and perfect arcade controls

Console = Relaxation, Console Exclsuives, and easy multiplayer

PC = Customazation, PC Exclusives, and Online Community

Handhelds = Original Games, Most Variety of games, Old School gaming evolved, portability

Each has it's own advantages so everyone's free to choose. Anyone who believes one's better then the other is just a stubborn fanboy.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
Mods are one of the reasons why I love PCgaming so much. They are important for three reasons IMO:

-they can extend the lift of the game by providing new content. It's especialy important in games that are unique. Close Combat, Thief, Undying,Longbow2, Red Baron 3D, Grand Prix Legends, space-sims.Operation Flashpoint.. all those were unique. On consoles fans of those wouldn't have anything to play(especialy thanks to many franchises getting arcadized thanks to Xbox). On PC we could have enjoyed those kind of gameplay for years with continous new content. they sustain the subgenres even when developers decided to abaddon them.

-fix what's broken. In ideal world all games would launch 100% polished and suited for pcgamers needs. But we don't live in ideal world, games like falcon 4.0, red Baron 3D, Close Combat 4-5, Vampire, Ultima IX and Silent Hunter4 were released in sorry state, with mods they becamed the masterpieces they were intended to be. That's what's beaqutiful, even if dev and publisher screw up you can still hope for fans to make it right. When KOTOR2 Restoration project is completed the game will reach and maybe even surpass the level of first KOTOR. Isn't that sweet?

-total conversions. completely diffrent game types rock. mods are great way for young devs to try their hands at development. And later they can go professional benefits Pcgamers. I'm regularly playing Red Orchestra for last 6 months and it's commercial follow up to a mod. And I'm dyig to play Alien swarm: Infested