PC Gaming is Officially Dead!

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts

*waits for the hermits that didn't read the whole post*

spoiler: it's not really dead!

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

*waits for the hermits that didn't read the whole post*

spoiler: it's not really dead!

shoeman12

Just like Monty Python:

http://ravenstd.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/bring-out-your-dead.jpg

I'm not dead yet!

Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts
My thoughts whilst talking with a friend a few days ago(and seems as if they may be a few in here that might share my opinion). Is that surely as all the massive names shift to multiplats and console gaming, this will open up a niche market for small game design teams to really get themselves noticed in this fast growing industry. Good news for me, being an aspiring games designer and a hardcore PC gamer :D . Or atleast I hope.
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts
take that everyone who ever made fun of me for being choosing the xbox version of an FPS instead of for PC.
Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"][QUOTE="kidcool189"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

I just bought a 22" monitor and soon a $5,000 PC. :o Now you tell me PC gaming is over! :(

Bebi_vegeta

i feel sorry for u if u really are going to spend $5000 on a pc

I am not going to after playing my new Alienware PC. :)

I am finally going to get to play Crysis, Spore, Mass Effect, Stalker, etc. :)

So what are packing in this 5000$ Alienware/Dell PC?

Yeah, spending $5000 on a gaming machine is a bit extreme/unnecessary, but if you have the disposable income where it hardly matters --- smoke 'em $$$ if you got 'em! Should be an AWESOME rig ;)

bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 bladeeagle
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts

I just bought a 22" monitor and soon a $5,000 PC. :o Now you tell me PC gaming is over! :(

crzza

Can't you play those on 360? You could save 4,700 $ lol

Only mass effect. And again you don't need 4.700 dollars. You need 600 to 1000 to play it on high with a decent FPS.

Ignorance can be fixed.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PBSnipes
My thoughts whilst talking with a friend a few days ago(and seems as if they may be a few in here that might share my opinion). Is that surely as all the massive names shift to multiplats and console gaming, this will open up a niche market for small game design teams to really get themselves noticed in this fast growing industry. Good news for me, being an aspiring games designer and a hardcore PC gamer :D . Or atleast I hope.Platearmor_6
That's sort of the point I was making. Game development is going to always be under a pendulum effect in terms of console vs PC development because the major publishers (EA, Activision-Blizzard, Ubi, Capcom etc.) are always going to be chasing the easy dollars. Right now they're shifting to console (or more specifically, Wii) development because it's easy to put a bottom-tier team on some simplistic Wii game and make a profit off of it. But as more developers/publishers take that route, it'll open up the PC market to new developers like Ironclad (Sins of a Solar Empire).
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts
[QUOTE="kidcool189"]

i feel sorry for u if u really are going to spend $5000 on a pcVoodooGamer

haha i no whacha meen man. whoever spends 5000 bucks on a computer is a complete moron. he could get a 360 with that and have the same graphics. also can you get halo 3 on the computer? no i didnt think so. its funny that some people actually believe that they know whats right for them when they dont obviously.

Can't be more fanboy console then that...

strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

[QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"]I half think it's half dead. The MMO's keep PC gaming alive. Without MMO's it would be dead.lordlors

Yeah and SC2, Spore, Sims 3, DoW 2, etc. are MMOs.

Not to mention the majority of multiplats it gets are superior, but those are only MMOs as well
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#60 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

take that everyone who ever made fun of me for being choosing the xbox version of an FPS instead of for PC.dissonantblack
You chose the xbox version when you could have chosen the PC version??:shock:

:P

Btw, was that sarcastic? Or what was that directed too, because the first post isn't saying PC gaming is dead, it is the opposite.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Yep, completely dead. No point in developers even releasing games for the platform anymore. Makes sense too, you can only make money on consoles.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Anyone who knows me knows I am not a PC gamer, but Stardock looks poised to be a huge force in PC gaming if they can get everything to market like they want to.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PBSnipes

Yep, completely dead. No point in developers even releasing games for the platform anymore. Makes sense too, you can only make money on consoles.foxhound_fox
Finally, someone who read my OP. ;)

Anyone who knows me knows I am not a PC gamer, but Stardock looks poised to be a huge force in PC gaming if they can get everything to market like they want to.SpruceCaboose
Definitely. Check out this article about Sins of a Solar Empire's development, if the big dogs like EA and Activision-Blizzard aren't worried about Stardock yet, they should be.

Avatar image for jaisimar_chelse
jaisimar_chelse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jaisimar_chelse
Member since 2007 • 1931 Posts

MS wont allow it.

They want every game to be Games for Windows LIVE branded.

-GhostMLD-

FIXED

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

Bebi_vegeta

Intel Q9550, 4gb DRR3 Ram, 9800GX2, Raid 0 2X300 10,000 RPM drives the newest from WD, Killer Nic card, X-fi sound card, Liquid cooling, lighted case, G-15 keyboard, G9 mouse, a few games, 3dmark, etc. :)

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Yep, completely dead. No point in developers even releasing games for the platform anymore. Makes sense too, you can only make money on consoles.PBSnipes

Anyone who knows me knows I am not a PC gamer, but Stardock looks poised to be a huge force in PC gaming if they can get everything to market like they want to.SpruceCaboose
Definitely. Check out this articleabout Sins of a Solar Empire's development, if the big dogs like EA and Activision-Blizzard aren't worried about Stardock yet, they should be.

That game is small compared to the cost of Crysis or similar big budget game.

Avatar image for jaisimar_chelse
jaisimar_chelse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 jaisimar_chelse
Member since 2007 • 1931 Posts
[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Yep, completely dead. No point in developers even releasing games for the platform anymore. Makes sense too, you can only make money on consoles.PS3_3DO

Definitely. Check out this articleabout Sins of a Solar Empire's development, if the big dogs like EA and Activision-Blizzard aren't worried about Stardock yet, they should be.

That game is small compared to the cost of Crysis or similar big budget game.

yup thats the whole point in developing a pc game.

small budget + little advertising = still good profit.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"][QUOTE="kidcool189"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

PS3_3DO

Intel Q9550, 4gb DRR3 Ram, 9800GX2, Raid 0 2X300 10,000 RPM drives the newest from WD, Killer Nic card, X-fi sound card, Liquid cooling, lighted case, G-15 keyboard, G9 mouse, a few games, 3dmark, etc. :)

Wait a minute. Aint you one of those guys who constantly claimed that PC gaming sucks etc?

Anyway, congrats on your monster rig which is, IMO pretty much overpriced, but I hope you enjoy playing games with it.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

It's good to see PC gaming dying - I've been really sick of how much time it takes up in my life. I mean - seriously - it's just a distraction. I imagine tomorrow when I try an log on to STEAM it simply won't be there. I'm fine with that, it's time for it to die.

-

It's as funny thing - because it is a wonderful thing for small devs when guys like Epic run for the hills - yet the demand for PC software continues to increase. Smaller companies are able to navigate the shifting and turbulent waters of the PC game market with ease - bigger companies are struggling to adapt - it's an odd season.

noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts

Lulz teh hermits just got owned, me thinks.smokeydabear076

When I say sar, you say casm!

Sar!

Well, I think you get the point. HE WAS BEING SARCASMIC!!!

noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts
[QUOTE="kidcool189"]

haha i no whacha meen man. whoever spends 5000 bucks on a computer is a complete moron. he could get a 360 with that and have the same graphics. also can you get halo 3 on the computer? no i didnt think so. its funny that some people actually believe that they know whats right for them when they dont obviously.

:lol: i'd sig that if i had room. lawl, first of all, halo 3 was average. second, crysis graphics run awesome on 360, eh? third, the advice at the bottom of your post could easily be applied to you. Also, you really don't need to spend more than a thousand dollars on a gaming pc, some people just enjoy overkill.

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts

yes its dying.

with its conplex problems and high cost, there are better entertainment forms out there.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

lol.

I agree with Brad Wardell - Good Riddens.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

yes its dying.

with its conplex problems and high cost, there are better entertainment forms out there.

rgame1

Conplex problems like spelling?

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

yes its dying.

rgame1

lmfao.

I suggest you read the first post again.

Besides there are plenty of statistics to prove its growing faster than usual anyway, so either way - lol.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#76 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Thank you captain obvious.

Seriousaly the PC is dead stuff is just getting old.

Look I think the PC is overrated in some cases(its not a gaming GOD hermits), but it is by far the best system around and has been consistantly productive for high quality games.

Piracy is just a bit annoying for the devs right now, but they still sell millions.
topher_ls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 topher_ls
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts

aslong as WOW is alive and kicking pc gaming will live on, for single player non RTS games though I dont see much point bringing it to PC when the console version is so much more fun for the casual market, no stuffing around just put in the disc and it takes care of everything for you while playing with ur favourite controller on a big HDTV, keyboard and mouse on a small monitor just isnt fun, unless it's a mmo or rts

bigLLL

That's why you buy a 24-30" monitor for gaming. Sure it's not as big as a 50+" HDTV, but you're sitting a lot closer & you get much better detail at higher resolutions.

I got both CoD4 & Bioshock for the 360 & PC to see which I liked better, and both I ended up playing through the full game on the PC. That being said though, there are a lot of games I prefer on consoles, that's why I own them too.

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
[QUOTE="rgame1"]

yes its dying.

tenaka2

you build a rig, that will be cheaper but much more complex. You buy one of the shelf and o boy $$$.

Either way, PC gaming fails.

Not to mention the problems windows has, system requirments, compatibility, crap controls, crap everything.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Not to mention the problems windows has, system requirments, compatibility, crap controls, crap everything.

rgame1

Can you elaborate on these points? Which programs in particular are you having trouble with running with Windows due to compatibility issues.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Brad Wardell is completely right. Maybe if the PC did HD the future might've been better.
Avatar image for ChinoJamesKeene
ChinoJamesKeene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ChinoJamesKeene
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Yep, completely dead. No point in developers even releasing games for the platform anymore. Makes sense too, you can only make money on consoles.PBSnipes

Definitely. Check out this article about Sins of a Solar Empire's development, if the big dogs like EA and Activision-Blizzard aren't worried about Stardock yet, they should be.

come on, they are a good indie developer with a loyal following but it would take at least a decade of brilliant business and game design to reach the status of the any of those companies. They could be a comfortable PC developer like Valve without too much hassle.

-Sphere-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#82 -Sphere-
Member since 2008 • 1063 Posts
[QUOTE="bigLLL"]

aslong as WOW is alive and kicking pc gaming will live on, for single player non RTS games though I dont see much point bringing it to PC when the console version is so much more fun for the casual market, no stuffing around just put in the disc and it takes care of everything for you while playing with ur favourite controller on a big HDTV, keyboard and mouse on a small monitor just isnt fun, unless it's a mmo or rts

topher_ls

That's why you buy a 24-30" monitor for gaming. Sure it's not as big as a 50+" HDTV, but you're sitting a lot closer & you get much better detail at higher resolutions.

I got both CoD4 & Bioshock for the 360 & PC to see which I liked better, and both I ended up playing through the full game on the PC. That being said though, there are a lot of games I prefer on consoles, that's why I own them too.

Or and even easier option is to put your PC next to your 50" tv and play on it. Just buy a wireless mouse and keyboard and a wireless gaming pad and you are all set. I enjoy playing 360 "exclusives" like Gears and soon to be Mass Effect as well as other games like Assassin's Creed with better graphics.
KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#83 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts

PS3_3DO

Wait a minute. Aint you one of those guys who constantly claimed that PC gaming sucks etc?

Anyway, congrats on your monster rig which is, IMO pretty much overpriced, but I hope you enjoy playing games with it.

5000$? Yeah, completely overpriced IMO. I'm getting a custom built gaming PC (16 GB DDR RAM, 2GB RAM Graphics Card, 4.5 Ghz Processor, 12500 RPM, Vista Pro, Water Cooling System, 100MB/S Networking Card, Custom Built Sound Card)

For 1511.99£ Sterling which works out at about 3600$.

ITS A MONSTER

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
you need a new sarcasm detector TC, yours is broken
maverickx04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 maverickx04
Member since 2004 • 1223 Posts
[QUOTE="kidcool189"]

Bill Gates just bought private Jet for several millions. I mean what a moron. He could of just flew economic at some discount airline.... :|

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 PBSnipes

come on, they are a good indie developer with a loyal following but it would take at least a decade of brilliant business and game design to reach the status of the any of those companies. They could be a comfortable PC developer like Valve without too much hassle.

ChinoJamesKeene
Absolutely, but with most publishers focusing on the development console games, Stardock's growing popularity (who would have thought they'd score Demigod?), the rampant success of SOASE and Stardock's upcoming Impulse digital-distribution system, if the major publishers don't take action now Stardock could very easily dominate the PC market in the not-so-distant future. If a publisher like EA waits ~10 years to try and compete with Stardock, it'll be too late.
mudman91878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 mudman91878
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts

you need a new sarcasm detector TC, yours is brokenthegoldenpoo

You need to read the entire first post.

mudman91878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mudman91878
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts
[QUOTE="tenaka2"][QUOTE="rgame1"]

yes its dying.

rgame1

you build a rig, that will be cheaper but much more complex. You buy one of the shelf and o boy $$$.

Either way, PC gaming fails.

Do you enjoy beign ignorant? Every single point you just made is wrong. Everything you have every said about PC gaming has been wrong. You get proven wrong every single time and yet you continue with the BS...why?

PC gaming is 10 times bigger than any console for a reason. Why do you refuse to accept the facts?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#89 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

that made me chuckle. good ol chris taylor. the friendly stab in the back :P.

this notion of PC gaming being dead is just silly. its changing and evolving (in ways that console manufacturers want to go but cant yet i might add) but it most certainly is not dead. its out where i belongs...on the rickity edge.....continuing to try new things with very ambitous devs who think outside the box. if some devs loose their edge in the process then thats their problem.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#90 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

Brad Wardell is completely right. Maybe if the PC did HD the future might've been better.mo0ksi

lol! nice one :D

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
its not dying, just changing
Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#92 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts

so starcraft 2 isnt coming out>

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

so starcraft 2 isnt coming out>

Riki101
No, it was canceled.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 PBSnipes
The irony is delicious.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Yeah, I just got an announcement from Funcom while playing Age of Conan. It says "PC gaming is dead, so we're turning our servers down. You've been owned for buying our game. Hahaha".

Oh well, what can you do.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Yeah, I totally agree.