PC gaming is dead

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Biastedmando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Biastedmando
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

Unreal Tournament 3 only has 300 people online at once. Congrats, PC owners you get to play with the lowest populated online community!

werent hermits hyping this game?

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

I guess only 300 people out of the estimated 200 million PC gamers think it worth their time.

But I'm very inclined to agree with a level 1 poster with 1 post and an extremely original argument.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

I thought "cows" were the only ones hyping this game. Allegedly, anyway.

Unreal Tournament is jacked if it has that few people. I consistently find thousands (yes, I'm serious) of servers, most of them extremely low ping, on CSS, DOD:S, and TF2.

There is zero doubt that the PC online gaming community is larger than any console online community.

I believe we dispelled that rumor when we compared the figures of people playing CSS (alone....keep in mind this is an update of a mod of a game made in....what, 98? 96? IDK.) to the numbers of people playing Halo 2 on XBL.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts
So who is this ban-dodger?
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Wow...just...wow

I thought the PC online community was so busy and vibrant.

*waits for more hermit spin*

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
Good stuff, considering how consolised UT3 is Epic doesn't deserve anything more
Biastedmando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Biastedmando

I guess only 300 people out of the estimated 200 million PC gamers think it worth their time.

But I'm very inclined to agree with a level 1 poster with 1 post and an extremely original argument.

Danm_999

Despite that the "PC gaming is dead" arguement is in no way original, the fact that one of the hermits most hyped games has a terribly low online population makes you think.

Outside of Valve, Call of Duty 4, Blizzard and a bit of games in EA territory, the PC's online community seems drastically uneven when compared to it's console counterpart.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

UT3 doesnt exacly have the best reception among the PC community.....go to the PC forums...people dont really like it that much....

Epic made a huge mistake...not only was it only a slight update on UT04, but to make matters worse...it was released during the same general time as so many other FPS's....Crysis, Orange Box, Enemy territory, COD4....etc...

if you really think PC gaming is dead...look at the TF2 community on teh 360, and compare that with the PC community....

add to that, the fact that UT was always a very niche series..and yeah...those dont exacly give the best results.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Danm_999

Wow...just...wow

JiveT

Yes. Hermits are clearly the ones spinning things in this topic.

The TC is obviously a fountain of truth and even handed observation.

pminooei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pminooei
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts

wasnt' crysis released like a week ago? lol

oh and last time i check there are more ppl playing WOW than than PS3 sold lol so just proved your a fanboy :P

Biastedmando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Biastedmando

Good stuff, considering how consolised UT3 is Epic doesn't deserve anything moreAdrianWerner

BLAH BLAH BLAH,yet again theCONSOLIZATIONexcuse is usedto try to negate my arguement!

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cobrax75
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]

Biastedmando

Despite that the "PC gaming is dead" arguement is in no way original, the fact that one of the hermits most hyped games has a terribly low online population makes you think.

Outside of Valve, Call of Duty 4, Blizzard and a bit of games in EA territory, the PC's online community seems drastically uneven when compared to it's console counterpart.

console games dont have communities...with the exception of the bigger games they bassiclly become non-exsistant after a few months due to the lack of content.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]

Biastedmando

UT3 was not very hyped at all... You know nothing about the PC gaming community.

Biastedmando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Biastedmando
[QUOTE="Biastedmando"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]

DragonfireXZ95

UT3 was not very hyped at all... You know nothing about the PC gaming community.

Absolute MISCONCEPTION, the PC community was eagerly waiting for UT3 from the very begining.

Pajamasalad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pajamasalad
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts
World of Warcraft says hello.
Biastedmando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Biastedmando

oh and last time i check there are more ppl playing WOW than than PS3 sold lol so just proved your a fanboy :P

pminooei

Crysis is the hermits trump card, sure it scored a 9.5 but its practically guarantee'd that Halo 3 has sold at least TWICE as much. Whats up with the low sales hermits?

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cobrax75
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="Biastedmando"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]

Biastedmando

Absolute MISCONCEPTION, the PC community was eagerly waiting for UT3 from the very begining.

not at all....UT has always been a niche series, and since the release of many online oriented PC games which have gained huge popularity, UT's popularity has gone down.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BobHipJames

Just in case you thought I was BSing:

2055 servers....multiply accordingly. That's with the "has players" filter.

27099 servers.....no filters on that one. These are at 10:20 on a Monday night. I mean, come on.

Talk about /endthread.

ohioyankee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ohioyankee
Member since 2003 • 508 Posts

you were saying?

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cobrax75
[QUOTE="pminooei"]

Biastedmando

Crysis is the hermits trump card, sure it scored a 9.5 but its practically guarantee'd that Halo 3 has sold at least TWICE as much. Whats up with the low sales hermits?

Halo 3 had far more advertisment.....of course its gonna sell more...If sales really dictate quality (which they dont), then the Sims would have long been the best game.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="Biastedmando"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="Biastedmando"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]

cobrax75

not at all....UT has always been a niche series, and since the release of many online oriented PC games which have gained huge popularity, UT's popularity has gone down.

PC gamers are hyping the next Quake multiplayer wayyy over UT3.

Biastedmando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Biastedmando

World of Warcraft says hello.Pajamasalad

Sales mean bullcrapto a game's quality.Wii sports sold more, are you implying that Wii sports is better then World of Warcraft then?

pminooei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pminooei
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts
[QUOTE="pminooei"]

Biastedmando

lol how do u know how well it's selling? cause no onerelease of sales for PC! also meybe pirating? lol if it's selling bad

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="pminooei"]

Biastedmando

Yeah? You're saying sales has the biggest impact on games' success?

Well than by your logic, World of Warcraft, The Sims 2 and lots of other PC games outsold console games. You just owned yourself.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cobrax75

[QUOTE="Pajamasalad"]World of Warcraft says hello.Biastedmando

Sales mean bullcrapto a game's quality.Wii sports sold more, are you implying that Wii sports is better then World of Warcraft then?

you just had an entire post on how Halo 3 was better than crysis because it sold more.

and its unlikely that Wii sports sold more than WoW.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BobHipJames

Wow...just...wow

JiveT

You are the alpha lemming round herr.

I have yet to see a substantial post come from you. It's 100% spin, 100% of the time. You're like the Bill O'Reilly of Gamespot.

At least call things like they are. Last time I checked there were hundreds of servers on a single realm densely populated with hundreds to thousands of people on World of Warcraft....amounting to, what, 8 mil plus subscribers? That's active users, sinking hours into a game that requires that you pay $15 a month just to play the damn thing.

Biastedmando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Biastedmando

27099 servers.....no filters on that one. These are at 10:20 on a Monday night. I mean, come on.

Talk about /endthread.

BobHipJames

Halo 3 has a bigger multiplayer base.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="Pajamasalad"]World of Warcraft says hello.Biastedmando

Ok you are contradicting yourself saying that Halo 3 sold more than Crysis, and then saying that sales mean crap. You must be bi-polar or something.

And Wii sports did not sell more... Wow, I'm done replying in this thread.

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts
TC was owned by those join server pics :lol:
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Talk about /endthread.

Biastedmando

Numbers please.

Also, I need you to remind yourself of the premise of this thread: PC gaming is dead.

Ask yourself: is it? Did I not just end the thread?

Biastedmando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Biastedmando
[QUOTE="Biastedmando"]

[QUOTE="Pajamasalad"]World of Warcraft says hello.DragonfireXZ95

Ok you are contradicting yourself saying that Halo 3 sold more than Crysis, and then saying that sales mean crap. You must be bi-polar or something.

And Wii sports did not sell more... Wow, I'm done replying in this thread.

Apperantly YOU CANT READ! "Sales mean bullcrap to a game's quality", that doesnt mean that sales in general mean crap. YOU ARE OWNED

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]Good stuff, considering how consolised UT3 is Epic doesn't deserve anything moreBiastedmando

BLAH BLAH BLAH,yet again theCONSOLIZATIONexcuse is usedto try to negate my arguement!

your argument is that consolised deeply dissapointing game is having few players online. Really. How is that surprising. Most of the time Insurgency and Dystopia (two very niche HL2 mods) have more than 300 players online. It just shows how much a flop ut3 really is.

So exacly what your argument is? That pcgamers have good enough tastes to not play dissapointing games? Well..I can certaintly agree with that :)

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cobrax75
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Talk about /endthread.

Biastedmando

and will still die in a few years.....while games like counter strike will go on forever.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

Wow...just...wow

BobHipJames

You are the alpha lemming round herr.

I have yet to see a substantial post come from you. It's 100% spin, 100% of the time. You're like the Bill O'Reilly of Gamespot.

At least call things like they are. Last time I checked there were hundreds of servers on a single realm densely populated with hundreds to thousands of people on World of Warcraft....amounting to, what, 8 mil plus subscribers? That's active users, sinking hours into a game that requires that you pay $15 a month just to play the damn thing.

You read my post wrong I wanted hermit spin not ban dodger spin.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Danm_999
the fact that one of the hermits most hyped games has a terribly low online population makes you think.

Biastedmando

Let's set a few things straight. Firstly, your thesis that consoles have even distributions of people is based on nothing. We know how many people play, say, Halo 3 or Gears of War, when MS tells us, other than that it's based on flimsy anecdote.

What we do know however, is that games like WoW and Counter Strike on their own have userbases that rival the combined sales of all next-gen consoles. To pick the biggest titles and try and discount them by saying their the exception, not the rule, is not only wrong, it's stupid, since it gives me ammo against your argument.

Oh and FYI, I just logged onto Crysis online, 619 servers going.

The issue then is UT3. Is it really this unpopular? Maybe. I can't see a whole lot substantiating your claim only 300 people are online. But if it's true, so what? It doesn't necessarily mean PC gaming is dying, it means the UT franchise is growing stale, which is exactly what many prominent reviewers have said.

Biastedmando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Biastedmando
[QUOTE="Biastedmando"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Talk about /endthread.

BobHipJames

Numbers please.

Also, I need you to remind yourself of the premise of this thread: PC gaming is dead.

739,625 Halo 3 Playersonline NOW.Heres the steam page, http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=stats&cc=US

739,625> 455,002!

Avatar image for Indestructible2
Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Indestructible2
Member since 2007 • 5935 Posts

Pathetic Console Fanboys and their theory 'PC Gaming is dead'

:lol: Sad little insecure FAILo fanboys eh?

tehhousemastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 tehhousemastor
Member since 2006 • 92 Posts

the only thing thats dead is your $ex life

Biastedmando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Biastedmando
[QUOTE="Biastedmando"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Talk about /endthread.

cobrax75

and will still die in a few years.....while games like counter strike will go on forever.

Why would you think that? Evidently the amount of CS 1.6 players decreased an heavy amount when Source was released, the same gig happened with Halo 2 to Halo 3.

Halo 3 will live just as long or longer then CS's decade lifespan, unless an sequel appears.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cobrax75
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="Biastedmando"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Talk about /endthread.

Biastedmando

Numbers please.

739,625 Halo 3 Playersonline NOW.Heres the steam page, http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=stats&cc=US

739,625> 455,002!

Halo 3 just came out...of course it has a bigger amount of players at the moment...it wont be the same by this time next year at all...

it was your choice to bring numbers into this....so Ill just bring up WOW...with its 9.3 million subscribers...

or battle.net with 13 million individual users every day...

I can pull up numbers too.

ohioyankee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ohioyankee
Member since 2003 • 508 Posts

739,625> 455,002!

Biastedmando

halo 3 is down 300,000 people since release

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="Biastedmando"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Talk about /endthread.

Biastedmando

Numbers please.

739,625> 455,002!

Source, please.

Biastedmando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Biastedmando

Indestructible2

FAILo?This game has a larger multiplayer community then your biggest online shooter Counterstrike AND Counterstrike Source!

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts

Explain how PC gaming is dying when Nvidia sold more graphics cards in the first 3 months of this year then Microsoft has sold 360's from launch until now? :roll: Someone post the sales chart for graphics cards sold in the first quater of this year please so we can end this dumb thread.....

Tell me why I can walk into Walmart and find the PC game section just as large as the 360 and Wii section combined? PC is dying right? You're so full of BS. Console fanboys never will win this argument.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="Biastedmando"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Talk about /endthread.

Biastedmando

Why would you think that? Evidently the amount of CS 1.6 players decreased an heavy amount when Source was released, the same gig happened with Halo 2 to Halo 3.

Halo 3 will live just as long or longer then CS's decade lifespan, unless an sequel appears.

really? how is Halo 2"s community?

Counterstrike did decrease when source came out...but its still about 50 times larger than that of Halo 2...and CS is 8 years old....

Ill tell you a secret, the reason CS still has a comunity to this day, and will for a very long time is mods....untile consoles get this, their communities will never be able to match those of PC games.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cobrax75
[QUOTE="Indestructible2"]

Biastedmando

FAILo?This game has a larger multiplayer community then your biggest online shooter Counterstrike AND Counterstrike Source!

it just came out....I can bring out WOW if I need to...

do you really want me too? it will destroy your entire numbers argument.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Danm_999

you were saying?

ohioyankee

Gee, that looks more than 300 to me.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="Indestructible2"]

Biastedmando

Okay, what I need you to do is go out and get me a legitimate and current (preferably updated as frequently as the Steam figures) source showing exactly how many people are currently online or recently online playing Halo 3. Then I need you to get the figures for CS 1.6 and CSS and combine them together and compare them for us so we can see if your premise holds water.

If not, shush.

In addition, let me repeat myself. CS 1.6 is a mod of a game that released mid-late nineties. CSS is an update of that game. Halo 3 came out on September 25 of this year.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AdrianWerner
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="Biastedmando"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Talk about /endthread.

Biastedmando

Not really. There;'s no problem with finding games in all good PC online games, even 8 years after their release. Aside from one or two titles console games online die in 2-3 years.

It's also one of the reasons why few players play some new games, because unlike consoles where each new game has to compete with maybe 3-4 other ones, on PC each game has to compete with 50-80 of games that still have active communities