PC gaming dying? I think it already did.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CherryShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CherryShooter
Member since 2006 • 376 Posts

In an already losing battle, the final defense has been blown. Professional game developer CliffyB has now stated that PC games are now dying and is now all about sims and WoW which is completely true.

Valve? LOL the 360 and PS3 has orange box so its not exclusive.

PC gaming is going to die by the end of this year
Because, EVERYGAME except for those low budgest games like Sin of a **** Empire is going to sell poorly and be poor. Everygame will be pirated, everygame thats previously exclusive will need to latch on to the consoles to make profit and finally theres a wider spread community present within the consoles

Interface vs PC slob
The PC users? They have to communicate from Xfire, Steam or AIM. Steam Community is a subpar version of Xbox Live, the voice chat in XBL works beyond what Steam can ever imagine, the achievement integration is much cleaner, more demos for the 360 in comparison to steam and we can download movie files straight into the comfort of the our HDTV setup, something in which hermits will have to move their entire PC setup to a television in order to do where as the 360 and PS3 is simply plugin and play.

Everygame for the console has an counter for an PC exclusive
Dragonage - Its made by EA, dont wish your luck hermits this is going to be on the 360
Starcraft 2 - Halo Wars will easily best it.
Spore - Wii version and nextgeneration speculation. Regardless I can have FUN playing it on my Wii instead of playing with a hunchback
STALKER : Clear Flop - OK i just wanted to add this in, this is a buggy POS that is in no way good. Perhaps the hermit's quality has stooped low that they are desperate for any shooter I see..

Oh wait wwait thats it? Well console owners get.
The fastest ACTION game and one of the best action/adventures - NINJA GAIDEN II
PS3 has the driving simulation all down, we get Gran Turismo down. We also have Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy 13 which will most likely blow anything else away.
Wii - No More Heroes is an awesome game, Brawl, Mario Kart and more.

No matter WHAT console you choose, youll have a better library of games. Just another example of how consoles are clearly overpowering the PC.

Piracy
BUT BUT BUT PIRACYYYYY DOESNT MATTER!?! Well ever thought of what Crysis would sell if it werent for piracy? Alot more, twice in fact but its too bad that piracy is slowly crippling developers away from the PC just like how Epic made their mistake when they generously made UT3 and Gears of War for the PC. Its a good thing Epic learned their mistake too, so they dont have to spend any budget on a dying market.

Scenarios
Guy #1 : Hey want to play Halo 3?
Guy #2 : Sure, lets play over live and party up with a matchmaking system that will allow us to play people against our level.
Guy #1 : Sounds like fun!
Guy #2 : Maybe we can play Gears of War too?
Guy #1 : Yeah! Ill invite my friends over and use guest feature to quickly have friends in a game within a second.
Guy #2 : Cool meet you on Live!

Is this possible in PC games? I think not.
Guy #1 : Hey wanna play..counterstrike source?
Guy #2 : Thats an old game, do us PC owners have any other multiplayer game to play?
Guy #1 : ..well COD4
Guy #2 : Im already playing that...on the 360 with friends and a larger community...I played the PC version at a friends house and nobody communicates
Guy #1 : Yawn...might as well grind more in World of Warcraft

Conclusion
So there you have it, PC games now in a gutter. PC games are dying and now you dare attack CliffyB and state that he's ingorant when you guys are too blind to realize that your precious PC games are over? Right.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
PC gaming accoutns for over 21% of the overall industry according to the NPD, the PC has the most announced exclusives, the PC has the most highly rated titles, etc. I don't see PC gaming dieing anytime soon. UT3 sold like crap because he made a rehash of UT2K4, and PC gamers don't stand for casual rehashed crap.
the1stfandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 the1stfandb
Member since 2007 • 2397 Posts

Joke post?

Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
Hmm, interesting.... *goes back to playing 32 v. 32 on Battlefield 2*
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
lol, he actually thinks Halo Wars will be better than stacraft 2.
jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
LOL @ Steam vs XBL LOL.
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
How many times has PC gaming died now. Sorry but I dont take opinions from SW posters seriously.
Mateo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mateo14
Member since 2005 • 120 Posts
SO TREU
CherryShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CherryShooter

PC gaming accoutns for over 21% of the overall industry according to the NPD, the PC has the most announced exclusives, the PC has the most highly rated titles, etc. I don't see PC gaming dieing anytime soon. UT3 sold like crap because he made a rehash of UT2K4, and PC gamers don't stand for casual rehashed crap.Vandalvideo

CliffyB and Epic brought PCgamers EVERYTHING, they gave them great titles and well optimized gameplay but in the end they turned their backs after being slapped with low sales.

Lets admit it, Cliffy B is a game developer and he's a professional at the job and his word is larger than yours.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

Joke post?

the1stfandb

Yeah, it certainly looks like one.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#11 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33351 Posts
I never liked PC gaming in the first place. Consoles are better.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Its kind of rediculous he spent that much time typing such rediculous statements..
the1stfandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the1stfandb

Just wanna add: Vale complete pack>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The ob (probably the only thing that does:P)

I not even gonna make a real post this thread is filled with alot of fail. The only real point u have made: top selling PC games don't sell as well as console games but SCII will sell like a get out of hell card.

CherryShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CherryShooter

lol, he actually thinks Halo Wars will be better than stacraft 2.cobrax25

From what i see of it, Starcraft 2 is a rehash (Some logic used against UT3) but it will still sell like crazy because of the brand recognition. Halo Wars in the otherhand is a breath of fresh air, innovating the genre with a very well known universe.

Halo Wars > Starcraft 2

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cobrax25

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]PC gaming accoutns for over 21% of the overall industry according to the NPD, the PC has the most announced exclusives, the PC has the most highly rated titles, etc. I don't see PC gaming dieing anytime soon. UT3 sold like crap because he made a rehash of UT2K4, and PC gamers don't stand for casual rehashed crap.CherryShooter

CliffyB and Epic brought PCgamers EVERYTHING, they gave them great titles and well optimized gameplay but in the end they turned their backs after being slapped with low sales.

Lets admit it, Cliffy B is a game developer and he's a professional at the job and his word is larger than yours.

Cliffy can contine to complain that his rehashes arent selling while Crytek, a relativly rookie dev. countinues to outsell Everything epic makes several times over twice in a row with both new IP's.

Drizzt13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Drizzt13
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
I don't think he is serious.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]PC gaming accoutns for over 21% of the overall industry according to the NPD, the PC has the most announced exclusives, the PC has the most highly rated titles, etc. I don't see PC gaming dieing anytime soon. UT3 sold like crap because he made a rehash of UT2K4, and PC gamers don't stand for casual rehashed crap.CherryShooter

Epic only brought one good titles, and the UT series has gone downhill since. You're greatly overexxagerating the importance of Epic here. Epic made a rehash, and PC gamers will not stand for this. You reap what you sow.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cobrax25

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]lol, he actually thinks Halo Wars will be better than stacraft 2.CherryShooter

From what i see of it, Starcraft 2 is a rehash (Some logic used against UT3) but it will still sell like crazy because of the brand recognition. Halo Wars in the otherhand is a breath of fresh air, innovating the genre with a very well known universe.

Halo Wars > Starcraft 2

so what is so inovative about Halo wars?

Avatar image for Indestructible2
Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Indestructible2
Member since 2007 • 5935 Posts

Then why are there still PC-ONLY games coming out? Hmm?

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts

That's why every other great game on pc crossed the million mark but his.. oh wait... he made a crap game and expected it to sell well. Sorry but we aren't simple minded kiddies like consolities.

Kidding about the kiddy thing :P.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]lol, he actually thinks Halo Wars will be better than stacraft 2.CherryShooter

Halo Wars > Starcraft 2

And Ensemble is a second rate RTS developer that hasn't made any games that were onpar with the original Starcraft, not to mention Blizzard's main titles are basically all some of the greatest games of all time.
CherryShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CherryShooter
[QUOTE="CherryShooter"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]PC gaming accoutns for over 21% of the overall industry according to the NPD, the PC has the most announced exclusives, the PC has the most highly rated titles, etc. I don't see PC gaming dieing anytime soon. UT3 sold like crap because he made a rehash of UT2K4, and PC gamers don't stand for casual rehashed crap.cobrax25

Cliffy can contine to complain that his rehashes arent selling while Crytek, a relativly rookie dev. countinues to outsell Everything epic makes several times over twice in a row with both new IP's.

CRYSIS sold more than Gears of War (360) did? WHERE?

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

havent people been saying this for years?

still hasnt happened

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts

PC gaming accoutns for over 21% of the overall industry according to the NPD, the PC has the most announced exclusives, the PC has the most highly rated titles, etc. I don't see PC gaming dieing anytime soon. UT3 sold like crap because he made a rehash of UT2K4, and PC gamers don't stand for casual rehashed crap.Vandalvideo

(adding to this)

All the while, the NPD doesn't factor in Digital Distribution, which is huge for the PC community. I for one have not bought a boxed PC game since Battlefield 2142 came out. Though even prior to that, I was purchasing DD games starting with HL2.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cobrax25
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="CherryShooter"]

GEOW was a second party game.

UT3 was a rehash.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="CherryShooter"]

maybe not crysis, but far cry most likely did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-59d151f079814

Halo Wars > Starcraft 2

Full of fail why dont you actually read the previews to the game? Halo Wars is being made by ensemble, a company that really only had a successful rts at age of mythology.. AoE3 wasn't well recieved whats so ever..

Blizzard has made starcraft/warcraft line where at very least they get a AAA from it.. I rest my case, I am by no means saying one is better then the other.. Because they havn't bene released.. But I find this logic incrediably flawed.. Not to mention RTS's on console are forced to be dumbed down so a controler can be used for it.

CherryShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CherryShooter

still hasnt happened

REforever101

What are you talking about? It happened a while back. Sure you guys got your AAA because the game reviewers are being lenient. Its like respecting an dying old man.

the1stfandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the1stfandb
[QUOTE="CherryShooter"]

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]lol, he actually thinks Halo Wars will be better than stacraft 2.cobrax25

Halo Wars > Starcraft 2

so what is so inovative about Halo wars?

Exactly, but i do agree that SCII seems to much like a new coat of paint but the map editor make the game for me that goes for all blizzard games save wow

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="REforever101"]

still hasnt happened

CherryShooter

What are you talking about? It happened a while back. Sure you guys got your AAA because the game reviewers are being lenient. Its like respecting an dying old man.

If PC game reviewers are being lenient then console game reviewers are being down right apathetic. Multiplat games are being graded much harsher on the PC than they are consoles.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cobrax25
[QUOTE="REforever101"]

still hasnt happened

CherryShooter

lol, thats your excuse for the PC getting consistantly more AA/AAA exclusives? leniency? ROFLAMO

xH4VOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xH4VOK
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts

Um, yeah.

CherryShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CherryShooter
[QUOTE="CherryShooter"][QUOTE="REforever101"]

still hasnt happened

Vandalvideo

If PC game reviewers are being lenient then console game reviewers are being down right apathetic. Multiplat games are being graded much harsher on the PC than they are consoles.

Oh please, where do you come up with this nonsense?

the1stfandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the1stfandb
[QUOTE="CherryShooter"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="CherryShooter"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]PC gaming accoutns for over 21% of the overall industry according to the NPD, the PC has the most announced exclusives, the PC has the most highly rated titles, etc. I don't see PC gaming dieing anytime soon. UT3 sold like crap because he made a rehash of UT2K4, and PC gamers don't stand for casual rehashed crap.REforever101

maybe not crysis, but far cry most likely did

Off topic Crysis>geow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>far cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="CherryShooter"][QUOTE="REforever101"]

still hasnt happened

CherryShooter

Oh please, where do you come up with this nonsense?

The irony...

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vandalvideo
Oh please, where do you come up with this nonsense?CherryShooter
A quick look on any review site will tell you this. COD4 on the PC is the superior version, yet it scores a whole grade lower on 1UP because the GFW guys are EXTREMELY critical. PC game reviewers are some of the most critical reviewers ever because they are more accustomed to great games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
halo wars beating starcraft 2 is your opinion, IMO the only thing that will ever have a chance of taking PC out of the RTS controls throne is the wii
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
That was well thought out fakeboy, well thought out.
CherryShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CherryShooter

[QUOTE="CherryShooter"]Oh please, where do you come up with this nonsense?Vandalvideo
A quick look on any review site will tell you this. COD4 on the PC is the superior version, yet it scores a whole grade lower on 1UP because the GFW guys are EXTREMELY critical. PC game reviewers are some of the most critical reviewers ever because they are more accustomed to great games.

Which is why PCgamer gave Hellgate a 92% or something similar? Oh please.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

Halo Wars > Starcraft 2

Starcraft 2 is about as much of a rehash as HL2 was of HL.... As in it isn't a rehash. Every unit is being changed, tons of new units are being added, the campaign is COMPLETELY different, the UI is greatly improved. It maintains what Starcraft is while giving a completely unique experience. Halo Wars on the other hand looks like crap. Terrible pacing, NO strategy in the combat AT ALL(it is mass huge armies and throw them at each other while watching... Hurray?). The controls look more bulky than helpful... It may end up being decent but....

Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Indestructible2
I think i'm gonna post something epic here in several moments :D
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts
i love these posts. They point out people who obviously cant come here without having to take everything seriously.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="CherryShooter"]Oh please, where do you come up with this nonsense?CherryShooter

Which is why PCgamer gave Hellgate a 92% or something similar? Oh please.

PCGamer is one of the most well respected reviewers around. You're going to need a LOT of ammo if you want to even start attempting to discredit them. They had a perfectly good reasoning behind why they believed Hellgate dserved the score it got. Oh, and they rated it an AA title, not AAA.
thecasualnoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thecasualnoob
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

PC gaming is going to die by the end of this year
Because, EVERYGAME except for those low budgest games like Sin of a **** Empire is going to sell poorly and be poor. Everygame will be pirated, everygame thats previously exclusive will need to latch on to the consoles to make profit and finally theres a wider spread community present within the consoles

I agree PC gaming has been decling but it will never "die" as long as people have PC's.

Interface vs PC slob
The PC users? They have to communicate from Xfire, Steam or AIM. Steam Community is a subpar version of Xbox Live, the voice chat in XBL works beyond what Steam can ever imagine, the achievement integration is much cleaner, more demos for the 360 in comparison to steam and we can download movie files straight into the comfort of the our HDTV setup, something in which hermits will have to move their entire PC setup to a television in order to do where as the 360 and PS3 is simply plugin and play.

Unlike Live, we get to choose what we use. You do know that you can use another program to chat while playing games right?

Everygame for the console has an counter for an PC exclusive
Dragonage - Its made by EA, dont wish your luck hermits this is going to be on the 360

Never heard of it.

Starcraft 2 - Halo Wars will easily best it.

I think both franchises are overrated but this made me laugh.

Spore - Wii version and nextgeneration speculation. Regardless I can have FUN playing it on my Wii instead of playing with a hunchback

The Wii version will probably trade features for simplicity like many PC-to-Console games.

STALKER : Clear Flop - OK i just wanted to add this in, this is a buggy POS that is in no way good. Perhaps the hermit's quality has stooped low that they are desperate for any shooter I see..

Lost Oddesey : Clear Flop - perhaps the lemming's quality has stooped so low that they are desperate for any RPG I see.

Oh wait wwait thats it? Well console owners get.
The fastest ACTION game and one of the best action/adventures - NINJA GAIDEN II

I agree, if gamers want to play action/adventure games, the 360/PS3/Wii are the consoles to play it on.

PS3 has the driving simulation all down, we get Gran Turismo down. We also have Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy 13 which will most likely blow anything else away.

"Blow anything else away"...uh sure....

Wii - No More Heroes is an awesome game, Brawl, Mario Kart and more.

Sure they are/will probably be awesome games.

No matter WHAT console you choose, youll have a better library of games. Just another example of how consoles are clearly overpowering the PC.

I am pretty sure the PC has the biggest library of this generation with more AAA/AA games (according to GS).

Piracy
BUT BUT BUT PIRACYYYYY DOESNT MATTER!?! Well ever thought of what Crysis would sell if it werent for piracy? Alot more, twice in fact but its too bad that piracy is slowly crippling developers away from the PC just like how Epic made their mistake when they generously made UT3 and Gears of War for the PC. Its a good thing Epic learned their mistake too, so they dont have to spend any budget on a dying market.

I agree piracy is hurting the PC industry.

Scenarios
Guy #1 : Hey want to play Halo 3?
Guy #2 : Sure, lets play over live and party up with a matchmaking system that will allow us to play people against our level.
Guy #1 : Sounds like fun!
Guy #2 : Maybe we can play Gears of War too?
Guy #1 : Yeah! Ill invite my friends over and use guest feature to quickly have friends in a game within a second.
Guy #2 : Cool meet you on Live!

IMO, paying $50 a month isn't worth something that you can use for free which is almost as good if not better in than Live

Is this possible in PC games? I think not.
Guy #1 : Hey wanna play..counterstrike source?
Guy #2 : Thats an old game, do us PC owners have any other multiplayer game to play?
Guy #1 : ..well COD4
Guy #2 : Im already playing that...on the 360 with friends and a larger community...I played the PC version at a friends house and nobody communicates
Guy #1 : Yawn...might as well grind more in World of Warcraft

The reason CS:S is still alive is because it is very very good. Do you see people still playing Halo 2 servers?

Conclusion
So there you have it, PC games now in a gutter. PC games are dying and now you dare attack CliffyB and state that he's ingorant when you guys are too blind to realize that your precious PC games are over? Right.

Although he brings up some good points, the PC gaming market will always be here.

CherryShooter

Just my opinion, I think I am pretty un-biased. ^^

Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Indestructible2
I think i'm gonna post something epic here in several moments :D
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
You can just think of a PC as a console that does everything. Also i like the games coming out this year... http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25632718
CherryShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CherryShooter
[QUOTE="CherryShooter"]

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]lol, he actually thinks Halo Wars will be better than stacraft 2.horrowhip

Halo Wars > Starcraft 2

Starcraft 2 is about as much of a rehash as HL2 was of HL.... As in it isn't a rehash. Every unit is being changed, tons of new units are being added, the campaign is COMPLETELY different, the UI is greatly improved. It maintains what Starcraft is while giving a completely unique experience. Halo Wars on the other hand looks like crap. Terrible pacing, NO strategy in the combat AT ALL(it is mass huge armies and throw them at each other while watching... Hurray?). The controls look more bulky than helpful... It may end up being decent but....

Every unit being changed? I saw the game and I still reside my comment on how stupid Starcraft looks. I never played Starcraft because it's godawful graphics pulled me away from it but from the gameplay videos I saw Starcraft 2 looks as everybit as crappy as the original. How is a rehash supposed compare to magic?

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I gave up on PC gaming a long time ago. It had nothing to do with some of the latest problems but there were some PC games that I enjoyed in the past that just don't work or play on newer hardware. And these are not pirated games, I paid full retail price at a retailer when I bought them and now there just basicly coasters even though there in perfect condition. I will never spend another dime on PC games regardless of what it is.
thecasualnoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 thecasualnoob
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts
[QUOTE="CherryShooter"]

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]lol, he actually thinks Halo Wars will be better than stacraft 2.Vandalvideo

Halo Wars > Starcraft 2

And Ensemble is a second rate RTS developer that hasn't made any games that were onpar with the original Starcraft, not to mention Blizzard's main titles are basically all some of the greatest games of all time.

IMO AoE 2 > SC but probably

SC2 > Halo Wars.