Super_Swiper_OC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Super_Swiper_OC
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Good luck finding split screen or local LAN feature on most PC games. You guys would choose 4K sweat drips and realistic weathering and other nonsense that hardly do anything for the game, but to fight for split screen and other common, normal functions doesn't happen. Like you literally have to fish for quality games with split screen.

I'm out of the US for a while and I'm in a place where you can't just go buy PC games...I'm with friends who I want to play with and share gaming with but to find games we can all play is a war.

I have BLUR, Portal 2, L4D, COD4MW1, PES, Rocket League...etc...but MW1 doesn't work for whatever reason, l4d 2 doesn't allow you to access split screen from the menu so good luck cause it's meant to be played online. COD4 god knows what's wrong...the only one that works for me is PES, Blur, rocket league. I have burnout Paradise but that doesn't have split but to be fair, online doesn't have it either....

Oh, and windows 10...is your worst nightmare if you're in a country where data is expensive it's fun to spend 30$ on data and to find it drained within an hr from windows 10 updates (good luck if you think turning on metered connection or turning off BITS service would work)....

This is just a nightmare

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Avatar image for super_swiper_oc
Super_Swiper_OC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Super_Swiper_OC
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

it's not about whether it's dying. and the factor that it's supposedly dying even confirms my problem, which is that people aren't demanding functions but are demanding fashion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

It's hard to find because nobody cares.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Has split screen ever been a thing on PC?

I-Siamak-I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 I-Siamak-I
Member since 2014 • 53 Posts

@super_swiper_oc: You have some serious issues...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

Different platforms have different audiences and ecosystems. Many PC gamers will be playing their games at their desks. I think that is a fair assertion to make. Therefore split-screen isn't as widely popular on PC when online play is the more preferred option. There are, of course split-screen titles available and Steam offers a filter for it. Other platforms, such as the Nintendo Switch offer more local and split-screen options but a less robust online experience.

There's a system out there for everyone and the audiences they attract dictate the type of experiences you're going to have.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

split screen for pc?

Also why even use windows 10?

Also data cap limits wut?

you cant be serious.

And how can you not buy games from steam ? from another country or play free to play games?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts
@boycie said:

Not even in the early 90's. Just hooked up lan.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

What region? If they don't have a PC you could try computer shops.

online games are the rage for PC (mobas/rts/mmorpgs/shooters). I'm guessing they event outnumber console base by at least a magnitude.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Split screen is sadly dying everywhere except at Nintendo. They still get that people still want to get together and play games together without bringing their own console and TV to your friends.

But split-screen has never been big on PC. Guess you should've done some research, then you wouldn't have to whine about it on forums. If you want splitscreen games on PC, they do exist, but it's not common. But again, it's not common anywhere anymore except with Nintendo games.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

LMAO. Split screen. Oh man I haven't laughed like that in a while, thanks. Whew....oh wow, even back in the Genesis/SNES days I hated split screen but there's some new tech now called internet.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@boycie said:

Not even in the early 90's. Just hooked up lan.

LAN>>>>>split screen

Separate screens>>>>>using the same fucking screen

Using my own system>>>>>using somebody else's

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Cool alt

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

Isn't system wars the place that would prefer every game to be single player Only?

I thought coop and multiplayer were not wanted, or is that just ps4 players?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

PC Gamers prefer fashion over function

lol..yeah thats the ticket!

trying to hard

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

Anybody I know who plays games tends to do it at home, so internet gaming is where it's at. I remember LAN being a pretty neato thing back in the 90's... My buddy's parents had the house wired for it.

As for split-screen... I've always hated it. Remember the arguments for cheating because of screen peeking?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#18 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@super_swiper_oc said:

Good luck finding split screen or local LAN feature on most PC games. You guys would choose 4K sweat drips and realistic weathering and other nonsense that hardly do anything for the game, but to fight for split screen and other common, normal functions doesn't happen. Like you literally have to fish for quality games with split screen.

I'm out of the US for a while and I'm in a place where you can't just go buy PC games...I'm with friends who I want to play with and share gaming with but to find games we can all play is a war.

I have BLUR, Portal 2, L4D, COD4MW1, PES, Rocket League...etc...but MW1 doesn't work for whatever reason, l4d 2 doesn't allow you to access split screen from the menu so good luck cause it's meant to be played online. COD4 god knows what's wrong...the only one that works for me is PES, Blur, rocket league. I have burnout Paradise but that doesn't have split but to be fair, online doesn't have it either....

Oh, and windows 10...is your worst nightmare if you're in a country where data is expensive it's fun to spend 30$ on data and to find it drained within an hr from windows 10 updates (good luck if you think turning on metered connection or turning off BITS service would work)....

This is just a nightmare

can you do this on consoles? I use Nvidia Surround to trick my PC into thinking I have one giant screen, then play splitscreen games so 1/2 people play on the TV and one person plays on the monitor on the right, all running from one PC. I've done this for a few games (Rocket League, Gears of War 4 off the top of my head).

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#19 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@super_swiper_oc:

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Unfortunately the only platform that is still delivering a strong local multiplayer is the Nintendo Switch which is one of the reasons that I love it so much. I'm excited to play some Mario Party with friends later this year!

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TryIt
@with_teeth26 said:
@super_swiper_oc said:

This is just a nightmare

can you do this on consoles? I use Nvidia Surround to trick my PC into thinking I have one giant screen, then play splitscreen games so 1/2 people play on the TV and one person plays on the monitor on the right, all running from one PC. I've done this for a few games (Rocket League, Gears of War 4 off the top of my head).

in fact, it might be possible to even play 3 different games at once.

not that one woudl want to but with a VM it might be possible

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Have not played split screen since the N64

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Everybody knows PC gaming sucks, that's not news.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#24 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@recloud said:

Everybody knows PC gaming sucks, that's not news.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

No but seriously, can I get a list of split screen PC games?

My kids are 8 and 9, love playing split screen games with them. I almost f’d up and got Battlefront II On PC

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Divinity OS2 is one of the few I can think of that does split screen, works quite well. only switches to split screen when your characters get too far from each other.

That being said, I'd still rather each person has their own screen in the same room.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TryIt
@appariti0n said:

Divinity OS2 is one of the few I can think of that does split screen, works quite well. only switches to split screen when your characters get too far from each other.

That being said, I'd still rather each person has their own screen in the same room.

better than IBM OS2

sorry I had to with the jokes

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Really? With how much split screen has died on consoles, I'd say it's about at the same state as PC gaming. In fact, PC gaming might have more split screen due to some indie games having them that aren't available on console.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

it has less to do with "fashion over function" and more to do with online making it less necessary. It started dropping off on console for the same reason and the PC was never a great platform for split screen so of course it's going to see a steeper drop off. The argument is stupid regardless since in every single other instanced you could possibly name PC wins in the function category.

Paradocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Paradocs
Member since 2015 • 264 Posts
@GioVela2010 said:

No but seriously, can I get a list of split screen PC games?

My kids are 8 and 9, love playing split screen games with them. I almost f’d up and got Battlefront II On PC

There aren't many split screen games, but there's plenty of good couch co-op/ party games to choose from..

Screencheat (4-Player VS)

Spelunky (4-Player Co-op/VS)

Badlands. (4-Player Co-op/VS)

Lance A Lot (4-Player VS)

Castle Crashers (4-Player Co-op/VS)

How to Survive (4-Player Co-op)

Overcooked (4-Player Co-op/VS)

Battleblock Theater (2-Player Co-op/VS)

Dirt Showdown (2-Player Co-op/VS)

Street Fighter X Tekken (4-Player 2v2)

Portal 2 (2-Player Co-op)

Rocket League (4-Player Co-op/VS)

Street Fighter V (2-Player VS)

Tekken 7 (2-Player VS)

WWE 2K18 (4-Player Co-op/VS)

If you need anymore, let me know.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

lmao PC is so good they have to resort to this.

First place race.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#32 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

Well yeah, PC is not a platform in the sense that a console is. It's not a narrow platform. It's a pseudo-platform.

No two PCs are alike, and therefore no two PCs handle software in the same way, and therefore no two PC gamers experience the same game.