PC gamers are always full of crap...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.
amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts
pc gamers spend that extra 400$ for that extra high res texture, omg it is the exact same expereince with higher res textures zomg zomg zomg. :shock:
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.Ilived

the differences will be bigger two years from now, you have to wait.

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.Ncsoftlover

There's no need to wait. There is a big difference as we speak right now.

Christ, what a garbage thread. Put this on your blog or something.

Go read the console reviews for COD4 then go read the PC review of COD4.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
at what resolution did cod 4 ran consoles ?
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ilived
[QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.elbow2k

That comment right there is complete garbage. The graphics aren't good enough to justify a $400 card, they aren't that much of a difference and you know it.

O_Lineman17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 O_Lineman17
Member since 2005 • 1128 Posts

...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.Ilived

I for one love PC gaming not for the just overall better graphics than consoles(I own all the consoles for certain games), but just for the customization. I like building and tweaking my PC's. If you don't, well than good for you. I happen to enjoy making and downloading different mods for games and changing my system specs every now and then, maybe overclocking a few parts, swapping cases, just trying to show my baby off. Consoles are great for just sitting down and playing with friends, but my PC is my gaming center, and my showpiece.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Instead of looking at multiplats like COD4 or UT3 as examples of PC graphics, why don't you look at games like...oh I don't know...like Crysis?
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 naval

pc gamers spend that extra 400$ for that extra high res texture, omg it is the exact same expereince with higher res textures zomg zomg zomg. :shock:amorbis1001

console gamers spend 60 dollars where i get most pc games for 45$ and play the superior version. so what i can't justify is spending so much more on console games when i get pc games for less

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 m3Boarder32
Member since 2002 • 9526 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.Ncsoftlover

LOL and by then consoles with 1080p as the standard will be about a year away from releasing..

Hermits will no longer have resolution to fall back on.

Resolution stops mattering at 1080p anyways...Unless you want to sit 2 feet away from a 32" Monitor..

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts

This is system wars not blog wars.

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 elbow2k
[QUOTE="elbow2k"][QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.Ilived

That comment right there is complete garbage. The graphics aren't good enough to justify a $400 card, they aren't that much of a difference and you know it.

Oh wow, did I strike a cord?

Pulled out of the IGN review:

"From top to bottom, a great-looking shooter. There are some better-looking games on PC, but not too many"

It's already stated that it isn't the best that the PC has to offer.

Furthermore, the graphics on the PC > 360, so if we use your lame $400 excuse, how can you justify buying a next gen console outside of the Wii?

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 amorbis1001

[QUOTE="amorbis1001"]pc gamers spend that extra 400$ for that extra high res texture, omg it is the exact same expereince with higher res textures zomg zomg zomg. :shock:naval

console gamers spend 60 dollars where i get most pc games for 45$ and play the superior version. so what i can't justify is spending so much more on console games when i get superior pc games for less

superior versions of what fps and rts, I have a console where I get the only versions of real exclusives. mario galaxy anyone

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Any links to a video of the PC version of COD4 running up against the PS3 or 360?
TheMetalSquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheMetalSquid
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts
I prefer console game's, much less hassle
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 naval
[QUOTE="naval"]

[QUOTE="amorbis1001"]pc gamers spend that extra 400$ for that extra high res texture, omg it is the exact same expereince with higher res textures zomg zomg zomg. :shock:amorbis1001

console gamers spend 60 dollars where i get most pc games for 45$ and play the superior version. so what i can't justify is spending so much more on console games when i get superior pc games for less

superior versions of what fps and rts, I have a console where I get the only versions of real exclusives. mario galaxy anyone

crysis anyone ? max no. of aae/aaae anyone ?

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.m3Boarder32

LOL and by then consoles with 1080p as the standard will be about a year away from releasing..

Resolution stops mattering at 1080p anyways...Unless you want to sit 2 feet away from a 32" Monitor..

PC games have already gone higher than 1080p...

and seeing as how there are several console games (COD4, Halo 3...etc) that arent even in HD...its gonna be a while before consoles will actually get 1080p....

and its not gonna be next gen either.

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ilived

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.O_Lineman17

I for one love PC gaming not for the just overall better graphics than consoles(I own all the consoles for certain games), but just for the customization. I like building and tweaking my PC's. If you don't, well than good for you. I happen to enjoy making and downloading different mods for games and changing my system specs every now and then, maybe overclocking a few parts, swapping cases, just trying to show my baby off. Consoles are great for just sitting down and playing with friends, but my PC is my gaming center, and my showpiece.

It's not that I don't. I love it for the same reasons as you do too.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Any links to a video of the PC version of COD4 running up against the PS3 or 360?JiveT

I have it for PC and my dad has it for PS3, and there isn't a whole lot of difference. Obviously you get higher resolution and better AA on PC, but everything else looked mostly the same.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Killfox
Like I said before. Go blog about it some where else.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

[QUOTE="JiveT"]Any links to a video of the PC version of COD4 running up against the PS3 or 360?Teufelhuhn

I have it for PC and my dad has it for PS3, and there isn't a whole lot of difference. Obviously you get higher resolution and better AA on PC, but everything else looked mostly the same.

Thank you for your honest opinion kind sir. You are a credit to these forums.

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ilived
[QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="elbow2k"][QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.elbow2k

"From top to bottom, a great-looking shooter. There are some better-looking games on PC, but not too many"

Furthermore, the graphics on the PC > 360, so if we use your lame $400 excuse, how can you justify buying a next gen console outside of the Wii?

My point is, the difference is minimal and you know it. Also, the console life cycle is a lot longer than a graphics card's life cycle so that arguement is out of the picture.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 m3Boarder32
[QUOTE="m3Boarder32"][QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.cobrax75

and seeing as how there are several console games (COD4, Halo 3...etc) that arent even in HD...its gonna be a while before consoles will actually get 1080p....

There is no point in going beyond 1080p to play games...You don't see any extra detail sitting 2 feet away from a 24" 1080p monitor then you do from sitting 2 feet away from a 24" 1440p monitor.

The only way you will see a difference sitting 2 feet away between 1080p and 1440p is if the monitor is like 32" or bigger.

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 amorbis1001
[QUOTE="amorbis1001"][QUOTE="naval"]

[QUOTE="amorbis1001"]pc gamers spend that extra 400$ for that extra high res texture, omg it is the exact same expereince with higher res textures zomg zomg zomg. :shock:naval

lol pc AAAe are mostly garbage, the AAAe that are not garbage are all out on consoles, (except crysis which will be on consoles son)

where is the real AAA, i could buy a 360 ps3 and wii for the price of a decent pc infact I did, I bought an alienware M5501 in march and I am barly getting anything from crysis inother wards I need to upgrade aready. while I am have some real 1st party exclusives from sony ninty and MS (well not really)

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cobrax75
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="amorbis1001"][QUOTE="naval"]

[QUOTE="amorbis1001"]pc gamers spend that extra 400$ for that extra high res texture, omg it is the exact same expereince with higher res textures zomg zomg zomg. :shock:amorbis1001

lol pc AAAe are mostly garbage, the AAAe that are not garbage are all out on consoles, (except crysis which will be on consoles son)

where is the real AAA, i could buy a 360 ps3 and wii for the price of a decent pc infact I did, I bought an alienware M5501 in march and I am barly getting anything from crysis inother wards I need to upgrade aready. while I am have some real 1st party exclusives from sony ninty and MS (well not really)

wow......I can just easily say it the other way around....all console AAAe's are garbage....

and you are an idiot if you actually bought an allienware.

as for the TC....

he doesnt seem to realize that COD4, and bioshock...etc. can be maxed out easily on mid end cards...they are not demanding games at all.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cobrax75

wow......I can just easily say it the other way around....all console AAAe's are garbage....

as for the TC....

he doesnt seem to realize that COD4, and bioshock...etc. can be maxed out easily on mid end cards...they are not demanding games at all.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 naval

:lol: typical useless response from a console sheep. well i never expected much from you.:lol: .

you bought a useless comp and blaming pc gaming :lol:.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts

UT3 was capped at medium. The final version looks much better then the demo. Regardless, even the demo looked fantastic.

COD4 PC version looks a lot better then the console version. Essentially, the muliplayer on the PC looks better then the single player on consoles. I have it for the 360 and the PC. I've seen the differences myself. Even then, I'm getting over 100fps in COD4, maxed out on not 600p like you consolites are playing, but at 1680x1050. What does that tell you? The PC version still didn't stress our hardware.

You also don't need to spend $400... it costs $250 for a 8800GT. We're the ones full of crap, or are you?

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="m3Boarder32"][QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.m3Boarder32

There is no point in going beyond 1080p to play games...You don't see any extra detail sitting 2 feet away from a 24" 1080p monitor then you do from sitting 2 feet away from a 24" 1440p monitor.

The only way you will see a difference sitting 2 feet away between 1080p and 1440p is if the monitor is like 32" or bigger.

thats completly untrue....you can easily tell the difference.....the eye sees far more than 1080p at 2 feet....

at one feet, tha max it goes is somewhere around 10,000 by 10,000.

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 elbow2k
[QUOTE="elbow2k"][QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="elbow2k"][QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.Ilived

My point is, the difference is minimal and you know it. Also, the console life cycle is a lot longer than a graphics card's life cycle so that arguement is out of the picture.

Your point has already been tossed out the window the moment I said that "it isn't the best the PC has to offer". Care to explain how your arguement counters that? Please I want to hear how you can use your reasoning on a game that is graphically inferior to others on the PC?

Another point, you've got to be on something if you think a console will be able to hold the same graphical integraty for over it's intire life cycle as a PC.

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ilived

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.rimnet00

UT3 was capped at medium. The final version looks much better then the demo. Regardless, even the demo looked fantastic.

COD4 PC version looks a lot better then the console version. Essentially, the muliplayer on the PC looks better then the single player on consoles. I have it for the 360 and the PC. I've seen the differences myself. Even then, I'm getting over 100fps in COD4, maxed out on not 600p like you consolites are playing, but at 1680x1050. What does that tell you? The PC version still didn't stress our hardware.

You also don't need to spend $400... it costs $250 for a 8800GT. We're the ones full of crap, or are you?

UT3 doesn't look any better than the demo released. Also about the $400 comment, jeez relax I am more worried about making a point than getting literal and descriptive here. I am not trying to sell something. I'm not lying about anything here.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

UT3 doesn't look any better than the demo released. Also about the $400 comment, jeez relax I am more worried about making a point than getting literal and descriptive here. I am not trying to sell something. I'm not lying about anything here.

Ilived

So in a thread about you calling out a group for being "full of crap", you're allowed to be misleading and vague.

Hmm.

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 amorbis1001

as for the TC....

cobrax75

yeah and bioshock crashes on my pc (thank god I didnt buy it) and :lol: I bought an alienware m550i it is a laptop not a desktop,(and alien ware had a sale) my desktop is 2 year old and onnly game I play on it is CS:S and I aint gonna upgrade for another 2 years.

consoles all together has every genre in the bag (except flightsim) and better exclusives for less than a half decent pc and all 3 consoles will last at least 5 freaking year, unlike my pc.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Killfox
[QUOTE="Ilived"]

Danm_999

So in a thread about you calling out a group for being "full of crap", you're allowed to be misleading and vague.

Hmm.

You got'em there.

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ilived
[QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="elbow2k"][QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="elbow2k"][QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

Your point has already been tossed out the window the moment I said that "it isn't the best the PC has to offer". Care to explain how your arguement counters that? Please I want to hear how you can use your reasoning on a game that is graphically inferior to others on the PC?

Another point, you've got to be on something if you think a console will be able to hold the same graphical integraty for over it's intire life cycle as a PC.

CoD4 is not the best the pc has to offer, I never said it is. But even the best the pc has to offer(Crysis) lacks in what it was originally advertised to be. The console lifecycle can't keep up, but that's not what I am saying. I'm saying it's close enough. I'm saying the difference is not worth it in the end.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 m3Boarder32
[QUOTE="m3Boarder32"][QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="m3Boarder32"][QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.cobrax75

thats completly untrue....you can easily tell the difference.....the eye sees far more than 1080p at 2 feet....

at one feet, tha max it goes is somewhere around 10,000 by 10,000.

The smaller the screen size, the less of a difference you can tell...

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Danm_999
[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

as for the TC....

amorbis1001

yeah and bioshock crashes on my pc (thank god I didnt buy it) and :lol: I bought an alienware m550i it is a laptop not a desktop,(and alien ware had a sale) my desktop is 2 year old and onnly game I play on it is CS:S and I aint gonna upgrade for another 2 years.

consoles all together has every genre in the bag (except flightsim) and better exclusives for less than a half decent pc and all 3 consoles will last at least 5 freaking year, unlike my pc.

Consoles has every genre in the bag?

What about RTS? Strategy? MMORPGs? Simulators (not just flight sims)? Adventure? Not to mention how they lag compared to the PC in WRPGs and Shooters.

Better exclusives? No console has the same amount of AAAE or AAE exclusives.

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ilived
[QUOTE="Ilived"]

Danm_999

Hmm.

I am allowed to because $$$$$$$ is not my point. If it was then I wouldn't be saying that. You're just going off-topic here. This thread is about the overexaggeration hermits show about their pc games when it comes to graphics.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="Ilived"]

Ilived

Hmm.

I am allowed to because $$$$$$$ is not my point. If it was then I wouldn't be saying that. You're just going off-topic here. This thread is about the overexaggeration hermits show about their pc games when it comes to graphics.

It's extremely relevent. Your complaining about exaggeration, yet you exaggerate price figures. And if it's not the "point", why did you include it at all?

It's hardly off topic if I'm pointing out logical holes in your thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

I think Crysis proved your point wrong.. The game from my experience defeats every top game on consoles even at medium settings.. And this is just version 1.0 god know swhat patchs and new drivers will do.

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 elbow2k

CoD4 is not the best the pc has to offer, I never said it is. But even the best the pc has to offer(Crysis) lacks in what it was originally advertised to be. The console lifecycle can't keep up, but that's not what I am saying. I'm saying it's close enough. I'm saying the difference is not worth it in the end.

Ilived

You've never played Crysis, don't attempt to think you know it. Even on high settings it blows away COD4 on MAX settings for the PC. It looks better than Bioshock, and Gears of War for the PC, and is the benchmark for graphics for a long, long time to come.

And it isn't close enough. By the time the PS2 and original Xbox hit halfway through their life cycles, their GPU's where already low end, and their games graphically didn't match up with what the PC was coming out with.

If you are looking for graphics, then the difference is visible and is worth it at the end of it.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Killfox
[QUOTE="elbow2k"][QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="elbow2k"][QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="elbow2k"][QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

Worth it in the end. I spent more money on my console than my PC. Constantly buying microsoft points for extra content, paying $50 a year for live, games cost more, I bought 4 wireless controller (consolites always say but we can have our friends come over and play), wireless router, premium 360, play and charge kit, and time( constant freezing games and having to redo everthing all over again). In the end I spent more than $1500 on console gaming. And this isnt some guess I just tallied all my stuff up that ive spent on my 360. My PC only cost about $1200.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts

Uh, you don't need a $400 to max COD4, an 8800GT will max most games (cept Crysis) for $250-$280.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

After watching my friend build/order a new PC (gaming PC) on a site (cant say cause I dont what to get modded) and it was $2,099...

You can buy all 3 consoles and almost every single game you want for almost a whole year with that money....

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="elbow2k"][QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]...when it comes to graphics and pc games. They like you to believe that pc games graphics are soooooo above that it's worth spending $400 on a graphics card or something. When CoD4 demo and UT3 demo came out, the graphics seemed to be underwhelming for both games. You know what their excuse was? "It's a demo and the max settings aren't available." Not only did they say about that when the CoD4 demo came out, they also said that about the UT3 demo. Both games are out, I see no ultra high settings they were talking about...well anyway, just like to point out that hermits over-exaggerate about their games...big time.General_X

Uh, you don't need a $400 to max COD4, an 8800GT will max most games (cept Crysis) for $250-$280.

No kidding, even the older 8800 GTS which sell for as little as $270 are able to max out that game.. LEts not forget the game can max out most games in the future like Project Origin..

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

[QUOTE="JiveT"]Any links to a video of the PC version of COD4 running up against the PS3 or 360?Teufelhuhn

I have to disagree. My roommate has it for 360 and I thought it looked noticeably better on my PC, especially the lighting. So did he, for that matter.

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ilived
[QUOTE="Ilived"]

elbow2k

You've never played Crysis, don't attempt to think you know it. Even on high settings it blows away COD4 on MAX settings for the PC. It looks better than Bioshock, and Gears of War for the PC, and is the benchmark for graphics for a long, long time to come.

And it isn't close enough. By the time the PS2 and original Xbox hit halfway through their life cycles, their GPU's where already low end, and their games graphically didn't match up with what the PC was coming out with.

If you are looking for graphics, then the difference is visible and is worth it at the end of it.

I HAVE played Crysis. The graphical differences willi be close enough this time around as it takes a company like EA to pay for a game like Crysis. There aren't that many companies out there that can do that you know.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Killfox

After watching my friend build/order a new PC (gaming PC) on a site (cant say cause I dont what to get modded) and it was $2,099...

You can buy all 3 consoles and almost every single game you want for almost a whole year with that money....

Ballroompirate

Do you know his specs???

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ilived
[QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="Ilived"]

Danm_999

Hmm.

It's extremely relevent. Your complaining about exaggeration, yet you exaggerate price figures. And if it's not the "point", why did you include it at all?

It's hardly off topic if I'm pointing out logical holes in your thread.

My god. Look if money was my point you would have something but at this point it is like talking to a robot. You don't get it, and that's enough for me to just ignore you.