PC gamer wants to become a console gamer. Which console should I get? (POLL)

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The1337Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The1337Gamer
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts

I'm a PC gamer

Don't get me wrong, I started on consoles. In fact I've played on most of the consoles. Here is the chronological list of consoles I've owned:

1. Intellivision
  2. Atari
  3. NES
  4. SNES
  5. Sega Genesis
  6. PlayStation
  7. N64
  8. Dreamcast
  9. PS2
  10. Gamecube
  11. Xbox

But then a new friend of mine turned me on to a little PC game called "Counter-Strike," perhaps you've heard of it? Yea, well, after being introduced to the wonderful and addictive world of scrimming and playing CAL matches, needless to say, I haven't played anything else in over 7 years. In other words, I've completely missed out on the current generation of consoles.

But I'm turning over a new leaf

At this point, I have decided to expand my gaming horizons and, yeah, even return to my gaming roots and reconcile with that estranged console gamer in me. So please, I beseech the fine folks at System Wars to plead their strongest case for their console of choice. In other words, which console offers the best gaming experience and is the one I should go with.

Please refrain from making posts like these:

PS3 SoAndSo

Wii SomeGuy

360 BillGates

They do not help me. But I'm not asking for an essay either. Just give me your most succinct and persuasive argument to help me decide. . .

Which console should I get?

Metalscarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Metalscarz
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

Look at a list of games, and choose yourself. These consoles have been out long enough, and all this thread will become is a flame fest. You should know that.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts

If you still have decent gaming computer, I would suggest PS3. If you have kids, want a totally different gaming experience, or like a lot of local multiplayer, go for a Wii. There are plenty of online shooters for PS3 and 360, so that's not really an issue. If your computer's not up for the task, I loved ME and am anxiously waiting to play ME2. GoW3 was worth buying a PS3, and if I didn't want to have a decent gaming computer as well, I think ME1 & 2 are worth getting a 360 for.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

What type of TV do you have first of all and does resolution matter to you? Second, what are you looking for in your console games?

YankeeDan345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 YankeeDan345
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

If you have any RL firends check what system they have. My 360 dominates my playtime simply because my friends all have one so I play online with them, when I go on PS3 my friends are just random people who I don't really know.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Are you looking to fulfill your love for shooters with the consoles (as well as PC)?

Because as I stand I don't really care to buy a console for the shooters, but the 360 and Wii have caught my eye the most. I doubt I'll ever get them, but the games list is pretty great for both as far as I can tell.

But you could be uninterested in the games I'd think are cool, but I could easily think of 10-20 titles worth owning a 360 or Wii for, and that's mroe than enough to justify the purchase imo.

Really depends on what you want.

snakes3425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#7 snakes3425
Member since 2008 • 1508 Posts

I'd go with either the 360 or PS3 since they have the most AAA games, however the 360 has a larger library and the better online service if you're an online fan.

mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

I love my ps3 and xbox but if you want to get non-PC games e.g. like CS, then get a Wii. It's the complete 180 from PC type games. Are you a movie buff? Get a ps3.

I probably wouldn't recommend the xbox since you probably have no interest what so ever in Halo.

sam_nintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sam_nintendo
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts

What kind of games are you looking to get into? If we don't know this it'll be harder to help you.

Axemahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Axemahn
Member since 2010 • 45 Posts
if you have alot of friends to play online with, get a 360, if you want blu-rays and like really good graphics, ps3. or if you have alot of friends over or family then wii. however the 360 has waaaayyy more exclusives than the ps3. dont buy a ps3
mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

if you have alot of friends to play online with, get a 360, if you want blu-rays and like really good graphics, ps3. or if you have alot of friends over or family then wii. however the 360 has waaaayyy more exclusives than the ps3. dont buy a ps3Axemahn
good job troll. now away.

jon_cia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jon_cia
Member since 2004 • 680 Posts

definetly go the ps3, if your a pc gamer and continue to be so even after you get a console it would be safe to assume you have a decent gaming pc, and there are alot of high rated games that are on pc/360 like gears/mass effect so if you wanted those games you can just get them for your pc, whereas pretty much all first/second party games are ps3 only and if you want to play them you have no choice but to go ps3, games such as

God Of War 3/Collection

Uncharted 1/2

Metal Gear Solid 4

Killzone 2

Little Big Planet

Infamous

Motorstorm 1/2

Resistance 1/2

MLB The Show

Ratchet and Clank Tools Of Destruction/Quest For Booty/Crack In Time

Demons Souls

White Knight Cronicles

Yakuza

Mod Nation Racers

Heavy Rain

Coupled with a nice blu ray player, free online, non proprietory acessories (hard drives/blue tooth headsets/racing wheels) and you got yourself one killer console.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

IMO, the PS3 has more variety at this point as well as higher quality exclusives. It's difficult to choose 1 though as I wouldn't want to miss Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, and Halo Reach. Same with the Wii missing SMG2, Red Steel 2, Metroid Other M, etc.

I suppose if I had to choose 1 then PS3. It seems to be the most well rounded in terms of exclusives and Multiplats.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
You're not going to get unbiased opinions here. Yo're better off going somewhere else and asking this.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

You're not going to get unbiased opinions here. Yo're better off going somewhere else and asking this.SF_KiLLaMaN

I'm unbiased. Everyone's opinions differ. That doesn't necessarily make them biased opinions though. But, generally, you're right.

shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
If you plan on playing online, most definitely X360. If not, PS3 might be your better option
The1337Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The1337Gamer

Are you looking to fulfill your love for shooters with the consoles (as well as PC)?

Because as I stand I don't really care to buy a console for the shooters, but the 360 and Wii have caught my eye the most. I doubt I'll ever get them, but the games list is pretty great for both as far as I can tell.

But you could be uninterested in the games I'd think are cool, but I could easily think of 10-20 titles worth owning a 360 or Wii for, and that's mroe than enough to justify the purchase imo.

treedoor

I prefer to stick to the PC for my shooter needs. I'm interested in finding out what other gaming experiences the current gen consoles offer that set them apart from the PC.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Seriously they all are strong candidates, tho being your a PC gamer, I say your better choice would be either Wii or the PS3. Not to say the 360 dont have its own exclusives, but alot of great stuff you already playing on a better platform already.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

I was in a similar situation. The consoles I bought are the PS3, and the Wii, mainly because you get games you will never see on PC on those consoles.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

you said you like online?

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I was in a similar situation. The consoles I bought are the PS3, and the Wii, mainly because you get games you will never see on PC on those consoles.

psn8214
My point exactly.
Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Captain_SOAP_
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts

Lets just start by dropping the Wii. ok now that thats out of the way the Ps3 and 360 are both amazing consoles. I prefer the Ps3 because with the xbox i would have to be paying 50 bucks a year for online then i would have to buy the wifi adapter and rechargeable battery kit. yes Xbox live is superior because of features like cross game chat but id rather buy a game with those 50 bucks. With the ps3 the online is free , it comes with wiifi it comes with the cable to charge the controller, it has an internet browser also Blu-ray. It has amazing games like uncharted 2, god of war 3, and metal gear solid 4. unless your into halo i dont really see a reason to even get an xbox thats just my opinion though.

RPG-explorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RPG-explorer
Member since 2010 • 349 Posts
Take into consideration hardware first the PS3 offers the most, and blu-ray disc's offers a massive storage capacity for vast gaming worlds on one disc. In my opinion PS3 has the better exclusives. PS3 also has the FREE online play which also includes the social network of " HOME ". Last but not least it has built in Wi-Fi and rechargeable controllers out of the box and 360 does not. So today you get the most for your money with a PS3, and i believe it will have the staying power of it's older brother the PS2. Although my preference is PS3, aside from the better exclusives opinion, the rest that i listed here are facts, fanboys might try to say otherwise but facts are facts.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

The1337Gamer

I prefer to stick to the PC for my shooter needs. I'm interested in finding out what other gaming experiences the current gen consoles offer that set them apart from the PC.

Well, Xbox has it's own fair share of quirky games like Banjo Kazooie, Kameo, Viva Pinata, etc, but also has some goods like Shadow Complex, Geometry Wars, Bayonetta, Gears of War, Forza series, etc. Also if you are at all into JRPGs there's quite a few worth getting on the 360, but they're not for everyone. I've found the best ones to be on the DS myself, so I stay away from consoles for the most part.

But the Wii is what really stands out from the PC for the most part. High quality games like Zelda, and Mario coupled with games like Little Kings Story, and Zack & Wiki, Lost Winds, and many more. You'll find a much more obscure, and niche library on the Wii as that's where the majority of small time developers will go because it's cheap enough to dev for. You'll have to look into the games more as they aren't hyped, so information doesn't flow from giant waterfalls, but the games are great nonetheless. Just don't listen to biased forums about what games you should get, and just go for what interests you.

If you're going for a gaming experience truly unique from the PC I'd say the Wii is the best option. I'm one of those PC gamers that loves the uniqueness of PC games, and I hardly ever buy into the hyped games myself. My tastes are pretty open, and if you're the same way I'd suggest the Wii. Not to mention you could also revisit some greats from the Gamecube era with the backwards compatibility seeing as you said you missed out.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

The1337Gamer

Go with the PS3 or Wii. I'd say PS3 though, just my personal experience.

I wouldn't even bother with the 360 if you already have a gaming PC. Most games on the 360 are on the PC anyway.

The1337Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The1337Gamer

What type of TV do you have first of all and does resolution matter to you? Second, what are you looking for in your console games?

ActicEdge

Resolution is not a factor. When I was into console games back in the day I was really partial to platformers. So, in essence, the thing that really defines the console gaming experience for me is a high quality single-player experience.

Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Captain_SOAP_

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

The1337Gamer

Resolution is not a factor. When I was into console games back in the day I was really partial to platformers. So, in essence, the thing that really defines the console gaming experience for me is a high quality single-player experience.

the ps3 has amazing platformer's like the ratchet and clank series and little big planet
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
PS3 because all of the good 360 games are on PC anyways ;)
aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

[QUOTE="The1337Gamer"]

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

DragonfireXZ95

I wouldn't even bother with the 360 if you already have a gaming PC. Most games on the 360 are on the PC anyway.

Alan Wake is not

Gears of War 2 is not

Halo 3 is not

Halo 3: Odst is not

Fable 2 is not

Crackdown is not

Kameo is not

Dead Rising is not

Banjo Kazooie is not

Forza 2 is not

Forza 3 is not

Graw is not

Perfect Dark is not

PGR 3 is not

PGR 4 is not

DOA 4 is not

Saints Row is not

Lost Odissey is not

Viva Pinata TIP is not

Crackdown 2 will be not

Halo Reach will be not

Fable 3 will be not

Gears of War 3 will be not

The1337Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The1337Gamer

What kind of games are you looking to get into? If we don't know this it'll be harder to help you.

sam_nintendo

Platformers, action-adventure, and RPGs. Essentially, I'm reserving my multi-player needs to PC gaming and I want to find out which console offers the best single-player games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="The1337Gamer"]

aia89

Alan Wake is not

Gears of War 2 is not

Halo 3 is not

Halo 3: Odst is not

Fable 2 is not

Crackdown is not

Kameo is not

Dead Rising is not

Banjo Kazooie is not

Forza 2 is not

Forza 3 is not

Graw is not

Perfect Dark is not

PGR 3 is not

PGR 4 is not

DOA 4 is not

Saints Row is not

Lost Odissey is not

Viva Pinata TIP is not

Crackdown 2 will be not

Halo Reach will be not

Fable 3 will be not

Gears of War 3 will be not

I guess you missed the "most" part? A few of those games you listed are stretching the term "good" too.
Rckstrchik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Rckstrchik
Member since 2010 • 1271 Posts

I generally try to come into most things as unbiased as possible. So people saying that your getting biased points of view are accurate but not for everyone of here.I've played all consoles and each have their strengths and weaknesses. I only own ps3 and wii, but one of my best friends has and xbox that we play on all the time. Anyway, I recommend PS3, however it depends on your personal tastes, which you didn't give examples of....

Wii- Arguably the weakest of all consoles. It's good point is how interactive it is. It has a smaller variety of games, But it has its gems, one being Super Smash Bros. It's good if you've got children, or constantly play games on it with friends. It's graphics are also up to par with both Xbox and Ps3. In my opinion of course, some others might disagree.

Xbox- A close comparison to PS3. It has a wide selection of good and fun games. It's one fault is it's ability to carry and properly run large games. Ones that are multiplatformed for xbox and ps3 are often critized because it's graphics and overall game size sometimes has to be "watered-down" for the xbox. However, that's usually only a prominent drawback for quote on quote "graphics whores".It's game prices also go down quicker than ps3 and the system only costs around 300 dollars, depending on where you get it.

PS3- It can run larger games, it is capable of impressive graphics, A large variety of games, comes with motion sensored and wireless controller, free online play, It's drawback is it's price. It is more expensive than xbox and wii, around 400 I believe. It plays blu-rays too so if you watch alot of movies, that can be a plus.

I would recommend doing more research on other sites before buying anything though. Just to make sure :)

Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Captain_SOAP_

I generally try to come into most things as unbiased as possible. So people saying that your getting biased points of view are accurate but not for everyone of here.I've played all consoles and each have their strengths and weaknesses. I only own ps3 and wii, but one of my best friends has and xbox that we play on all the time. Anyway, I recommend PS3, however it depends on your personal tastes, which you didn't give examples of....

Wii- Arguably the weakest of all consoles. It's good point is how interactive it is. It has a smaller variety of games, But it has its gems, one being Super Smash Bros. It's good if you've got children, or constantly play games on it with friends. It's graphics are also up to par with both Xbox and Ps3. In my opinion of course, some others might disagree.

Xbox- A close comparison to PS3. It has a wide selection of good and fun games. It's one fault is it's ability to carry and properly run large games. Ones that are multiplatformed for xbox and ps3 are often critized because it's graphics and overall game size sometimes has to be "watered-down" for the xbox. However, that's usually only a prominent drawback for quote on quote "graphics whores".It's game prices also go down quicker than ps3 and the system only costs around 300 dollars, depending on where you get it.

PS3- It can run larger games, it is capable of impressive graphics, A large variety of games, comes with motion sensored and wireless controller, free online play, It's drawback is it's price. It is more expensive than xbox and wii, around 400 I believe. It plays blu-rays too so if you watch alot of movies, that can be a plus.

I would recommend doing more research on other sites before buying anything though. Just to make sure :)

Rckstrchik
dude ps3 is 300 bucks
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

PS3. Among the consoles it has the widest range of high scoring games in different genres. Free online, and better than the one of the Wii.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

[QUOTE="sam_nintendo"]

The1337Gamer

Platformers, action-adventure, and RPGs.

Wii doesn't sound too bad with those:

Platformers: Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, NSMB, A Boy and his Blob
Action/Adventure: Twilight Princess, Metroid Other M, Zelda Wii, Monster Hunter 3, Muramasa, No More Heroes 1 & 2, Red Steel 2
RPG: The Last Story, Xenoblade, Tales of Graces, Little King's Story, Rune Factory Frontier

not counting all the VC and WiiWare stuff

and the new black Wii bundle with Wii Sport Resort and Motion Plus looks pretty sweet

bizzy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bizzy420
Member since 2005 • 2730 Posts
[QUOTE="The1337Gamer"]

I'm a PC gamer

Don't get me wrong, I started on consoles. In fact I've played on most of the consoles. Here is the chronological list of consoles I've owned:

1. Intellivision
  2. Atari
  3. NES
  4. SNES
  5. Sega Genesis
  6. PlayStation
  7. N64
  8. Dreamcast
  9. PS2
  10. Gamecube
  11. Xbox

But then a new friend of mine turned me on to a little PC game called "Counter-Strike," perhaps you've heard of it? Yea, well, after being introduced to the wonderful and addictive world of scrimming and playing CAL matches, needless to say, I haven't played anything else in over 7 years. In other words, I've completely missed out on the current generation of consoles.

But I'm turning over a new leaf

At this point, I have decided to expand my gaming horizons and, yeah, even return to my gaming roots and reconcile with that estranged console gamer in me. So please, I beseech the fine folks at System Wars to plead their strongest case for their console of choice. In other words, which console offers the best gaming experience and is the one I should go with.

Please refrain from making posts like these:

[QUOTE="SoAndSo"]

Wii SomeGuy

360 BillGates

They do not help me. But I'm not asking for an essay either. Just give me your most succinct and persuasive argument to help me decide. . .

Which console should I get?

thats what happened to me. i used to play consoles only, but i was introduced to cs aa long time ago. after i tried cs, i sold my xbox & ps2 and learned how to build a computer. played cs A LOT for a few years, but i dont play anymore. now i own a ps3 & 360. both great systems. i do like my ps3 a little bit more because i also like to watch blu ray movies. as far as gaming goes, both systems have good exclusives.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
If you have a decent gaming PC, go for the PS3. Stay away from the Wii.
Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

A year ago I would have easily said 360, but after last year and Uncharted 2, I have to say PS3. Not to mention you get the best Blu-Ray player out there.

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

wait to see if mtion controllers take off

if they do, stick with your PC

denmarx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 denmarx12
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

Hey,

I wouldn't go for the Xbox 360, its got great exclusives, sure, but I couldn't stand the fact that when I got RRoD I'd have to wait a month just to be able to play games. Then when I got it back, it happened again.

The ps3 and wii are the superior options here, but I'd probably say the PS3 for one reason, "Play Create Share". Seriously, this new genre that came out is addicting and fun. I'm not to big a fan of gun games, so this is a great alternative to a lengthy multiplayer experience.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#41 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

PS3, because if you have a gaming PC you already have access to playing the PC/360 multiplats so you gain a larger amount of exclusive games with a PS3.
Edit: Looking through your other posts definantly tells me PS3 is the right choice for you. The PS3 has the best exclusive single player games this gen. Uncharted 2, MGS4, Heavy Rain, God of War 3 etc.

Mattizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 Mattizzle815
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

360, because the PC and 360 basically have the same games and it would be an easy transition for you

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
I'd wait for OnLive and get that.
angelo3903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 angelo3903
Member since 2009 • 206 Posts

Demon's souls is on ps3 (200 or more hours of fun to be had with that game) so get one. oh and you can also get u2 or mgs4...not that it matters;)

But the wisest decision would be to get a PS3 and a 360 or a PS3 and a wii.

Lantern-Cusp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 Lantern-Cusp
Member since 2009 • 739 Posts

As a Ps3 owner and former 360 owner, well I think there in lies your answer. IMO Ps3 is taking all the strives to innovate and execute truly amazing games such as MGS4, Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet, Demons Souls, God of War III, Heavy Rain and the list goes on. Also the fact that you get free online play and the little added bonus of a Blu-Ray player puts the icing on the cake.

From someone who has owned both consoles ( 360 and Ps3 ) I can honestly say the Ps3 is the greater of the 2 and you will find a much more immersive, unique and innovative gaming experience with it.

Seriously, once you pop in Little Big Planet, you will go racing back in time!

oh and Joker in Batman AA;)

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
PS3 is for you because u can still get some 360 title for the PC but all PS3 exclusives are for PS3s only and as for Wii... no comment
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
I'd wait for OnLive and get that.killab2oo5
OnLive is terrible at the moment their plan is $15 a month for membership then u have to buy games or rent them
eyebrowless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#48 eyebrowless
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
if i were entering the gaming ring this late in the game, i'd actually go with a PS3, despite my 360 attachment. Its a good price, has blu ray, free online play, and most of the games i play on 360 are also for the ps3. Plus, the ps3 now has some good exclusives. now if only it had a better controller...
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts

If you want something completely different from the PC gaming experience, get a black Wii. There are a bunch of single-player games, plus you'll already have the motion plus and Wii Sports Resort.

CDuG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CDuG
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

As a Ps3 owner and former 360 owner, well I think there in lies your answer. IMO Ps3 is taking all the strives to innovate and execute truly amazing games such as MGS4, Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet, Demons Souls, God of War III, Heavy Rain and the list goes on. Also the fact that you get free online play and the little added bonus of a Blu-Ray player puts the icing on the cake.

From someone who has owned both consoles ( 360 and Ps3 ) I can honestly say the Ps3 is the greater of the 2 and you will find a much more immersive, unique and innovative gaming experience with it.

Seriously, once you pop in Little Big Planet, you will go racing back in time!

oh and Joker in Batman AA;)

Lantern-Cusp

I second this. I will add my thoughts though.

PS3 gives you a built-in BluRay player and free online. That's a massive savings right there already. But ultimately, once you play LittleBigPlanet you'll be sold. It doesn't matter what kind of games you like, that game will hook you.

And to whoever keeps saying the TC isn't going to get unbiased opinions here, I don't think he was asking for them in the first place. He wants to know our arguments for our systems, which implies a bias. How can you argue pros and cons without one?