PC exclusive RPG Divinity: Original Sin coming in June

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Looks great, played the first one years ago.

One of the few PC exclusives I look forward too.

But it's not even worth a GOTY,why are you bothering with that trash?

Your words not mine. I simply use the GOTY argument to show hermits that PC gaming isn't what it used to be.

And I use aaa/aa count and multiplat superiority to show you PC gaming is still factually better than consoles.

And yet with all those AAA games, PC can't win a GOTY.

after 9 years....I'd rather have more aaa/aa games and the best multiplats over 2 GOTYs.

Yeah debunked why all of those PC "AAA"games are nothing to boast about.

The only thing PC has is performance.

You can't debunk a fact with your shitty opinion..

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

...because GOTY awards are given to games, not platforms. This is really not a difficult concept

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Can't wait .

@jhonMalcovich said:

@m3dude1: as an rpg? Yeh totally. All recent rpgs on consoles were total crap. Name at least one good rpg on consoles.

Console RPGs don't even come close to what PC offers . Are there any RPGs on consoles at all .? All I see is Action games with RPG elements , none of them are as good as The Witcher , Legend of Grimrock , Torchlight 2 etc .

RPG's aren't limited to just the turn based model. They can combine action with the role playing (player driven character development) experience. Older RPGs were mainly turn based because of the limitations of the tech of the time.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Your words not mine. I simply use the GOTY argument to show hermits that PC gaming isn't what it used to be.

And I use aaa/aa count and multiplat superiority to show you PC gaming is still factually better than consoles.

after 9 years....I'd rather have more aaa/aa games and the best multiplats over 2 GOTYs.

And you can't debunk the fact that PC hasn't won a GOTY in years with your shitty opinion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

And you can't debunk the fact that PC hasn't won a GOTY in years with your shitty opinion.

False

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I bought this a few weeks ago on early access and holy shit this is such a damn good RPG specimen. I haven't played a bettter RPG in a looong time honestly, good stuff. The turn-based combat is excellent, the audio is top-notch, graphics are perfect for it's genre and the coop play is great! This game really does hold up well to the "AAA" games, the only thing it's lacking is spoken words for all the dialog (and there is a TON of glorious and hilarious dialog).

I've only played about 19 hours total of the game but at this point I would give it about an 8.5 or even higher, it really brings back the "good ole' days" feeling of RPG exploration and brutal difficulty. **** hand holding, that's for consoles (just kidding, but it's still a great little game).

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#58 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Can't wait .

@jhonMalcovich said:

@m3dude1: as an rpg? Yeh totally. All recent rpgs on consoles were total crap. Name at least one good rpg on consoles.

Console RPGs don't even come close to what PC offers . Are there any RPGs on consoles at all .? All I see is Action games with RPG elements , none of them are as good as The Witcher , Legend of Grimrock , Torchlight 2 etc .

RPG's aren't limited to just the turn based model. They can combine action with the role playing (player driven character development) experience. Older RPGs were mainly turn based because of the limitations of the tech of the time.

I never said RPGs are only turn based . People still compare modern RPGs to classics like Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment , and both of them had real time combat . The thing is , most games these days are just action games with some so called RPG elements and publishers call them "RPG" . Those are not even Action RPGs , let alone True RPGs .

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

Older RPGs were mainly turn based because of the limitations of the tech of the time.

Actually, they were TB because they were trying to simulate p&p rpgs.

Action/real time gameplay did exist back then. lol

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Suppaman100 said:

I have not once tried to debunk that though.

I have however, said that I'd take several more aaa/aa titles, best version of nearly all games (multiplats) and vastly superior online over 2 GOTYs.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 AdobeArtist  Moderator
@Cloud_imperium said:

@AdobeArtist said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Can't wait .

@jhonMalcovich said:

I never said RPGs are only turn based . People still compare modern RPGs to classics like Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment , and both of them had real time combat . The thing is , most games these days are just action games with some so called RPG elements and publishers call them "RPG" . Those are not even Action RPGs , let alone True RPGs .

How would you define an ARPG that still qualifies as an RPG, and not just an action game with the elements?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

meh

i'd rather wait for dragon age

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@AdobeArtist said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

@AdobeArtist said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Can't wait .

@jhonMalcovich said:

How would you define an ARPG that still qualifies as an RPG, and not just an action game with the elements?

Mass Effect 1 , Torchlight 2 , Grim Dawn etc are Action RPGs . Witcher , Planescape Torment , Baldur's Gate , Legend of Grimrock , Icewind Dale , Morrowind , Pillars of Eternity , Dragon Age Origins etc are RPGs .

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

meh

i'd rather wait for dragon age

Ehh…been waiting on some true RPGs for LONG time now. Thanks to kickstarter we'll finally be getting some. Like this, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, the new Torment...

Mainstream/AAA gaming can go f-off with their hiking & romance sims.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@Cloud_imperium said:

@AdobeArtist said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Mass Effect 1 , Torchlight 2 , Grim Dawn etc are Action RPGs . Witcher , Planescape Torment , Baldur's Gate , Legend of Grimrock , Icewind Dale , Morrowind , Pillars of Eternity , Dragon Age Origins etc are RPGs .

But again, what are the defining traits that distinguishes ARPG from "just an action game with RPG elements", when we're talking about games that encompass action and stats/leveling?

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Witcher is an ARPG. Player's skill has a bigger influence on success in that game than Geralt's skills and stats. Therefore I think it as a ARPG. Especially Witcher 2.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Played the beta. Game is good. Very. Good.

Combat is better than it looks. Best turn based I've played since Temple of Elemental Evil.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Cloud_imperium

@Icarian said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Witcher is an ARPG. Player's skill has a bigger influence on success in that game than Geralt's skills and stats. Therefore I think it as a ARPG. Especially Witcher 2.

Was talking about Witcher 1 . And in Witcher 2 game becomes easier as you update your character so stats does play part in that game . Still if you think it is ARPG then it is debatable but here I was talking about Witcher 1 , which is much more close to being an old school RPG than 2nd game .

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I am really, really excited for this game. Bought the early access a while ago, didnt play much till it hit Beta, then recently the big Beta patch, I'm very impressed. This easily has a chance to be one of the best, deepest games of all time.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

I've been playing through all 4 Divinity games for months now leading up to Original Sin's release. At my current rate I should finish Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance just in time. I've played them in chronological order, so Dragon Commander first, Divine Divinity second, etc..

I've also played a tiny bit of early access for a sneak peak because I couldn't help myself. I played about 2 hours in and I absolutely loved it. If you liked Fallout 1 and 2 and don't mind the fantasy setting, you will love this. It's also the second game chronologically in the series (and the first main entry), so you don't need to know much, if anything, about Divinity to enjoy it.

Really the only way to mess it up at this point would be for Larian to pull another Divinity 2: Ego Draconis WTF ending.

Here's a link to it for those interested. ending ends at 6:25, video includes intro to part 2. Spoilers, obviously. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exqJWK2sat4

To put it in perspective, it was the Mass Effect 3 of its time. Except unlike ME3, the ending was not the final ending nor was it definitive, it was only part 1 of 2. The final ending was much better, if a little cheesy.

....kind of digressed, but whatever. Hyped!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#71  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I'm waiting for the final release, don't want to play an unfinished version. But I heard it was pretty good especially in co-op.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#72 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

hope this is good.