P2m / Nintendo, Microsot and Sony Casts UNLEASHED!

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22763 Posts

E3 - The Aftermath

@DarkLink77@jg4xchamp@Blabadon@Basinboy@darkspineslayer@Willy105 Join @Heil68 & TheEroica to dish on big 3 press conferences at e3. Who won the blue ribbon?

____________________________________________________________________________________

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

Love the Drakengard love

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

ms won this year

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

bloodborne and UC4 delivered massive damage across the interwebs and thus

SDC!

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

ms won this year

While I think they went a long way to fixing their image, I still have to give this E3 to Nintendo.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Can it be 2015 yet?

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Yea after watching all 3 conferences I think Nintendo took the show this year and a lot of people agree with that, I'd say Sony came in second and MS third only game I've seen more about from MS and rest want is Sunset Overdrive. In all honesty Nintendo needed a win they had a console out for a year more than the other two and were becoming last place jokes, I'm cool with Nintendo winning the Wii U is not a perfect console but Nintendo is pouring everything they can to make it shine while it's around.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

ms won this year

Well... it's either Sony or Nintendo.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/who-won-e3-2014-poll-31344832/?page=8

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/10/5796904/how-sony-won-e3-2014-the-gory-highlights-video

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/06/09/sony-wins-e3-by-a-nose/

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/184031-sony-wins-e3-2014-microsoft-gambled-on-games-and-lost

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/11/nintendo-won-e3_n_5484592.html

http://www.gamesradar.com/so-who-really-won-e3/

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Oooo can't wait to listen to this ... Have a 4 hr car journey tomorrow need some download love!

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#11  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Good show guys, just finished listening. That Conker tease was pretty messed up.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@crashnburn281 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

ms won this year

While I think they went a long way to fixing their image, I still have to give this E3 to Nintendo.

I agree. I think Sony and MS tied, and Nintendo did the best. Not sure it was enough for the WiiU or XB1 to have huge sales increases, though.

All in all, it was a great E3.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StormyJoe

@SambaLele said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

ms won this year

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/who-won-e3-2014-poll-31344832/?page=8

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/10/5796904/how-sony-won-e3-2014-the-gory-highlights-video

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/184031-sony-wins-e3-2014-microsoft-gambled-on-games-and-lost

Did you read those? The Verge gave it to Sony because they like their games better, Forbes gave it to Sony because Sony "looked more confident on stage". ExtremeTech's article was fanboy banter. GamesRadar didn't declare a victor at all - but the author said "with personal bias, Sony won".

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEroica  Moderator

Nobody really lost e3 this year. Period. Unless you are so confident in your bias that you are incapable of seeing through the fan boy fog of dillussion. All three showed great reasons to be invested and their missteps include..

Nintendo - somehow it's becoming acceptable to be ok with the nintendo lack of high scoring, highly regarded gaming in the form of multiplats... that somehow they're going to develop first party games that far surpass anything else in gaming and that makes up for it.... fiction can be fun.

Sony - sweet tech demos with zero gameplay and little to no idea when these games are coming out other than 2015.... uncharted was the worst trailer of show, easilly.... well, next to the coat hanger abortion bioware pulled with mass effect :( those exclusives may be something great but sony not only had thr most boring show, but outside some really great multiplat trailers WITH gameplay sony showed very little.... pstv though is a +1.

Microsoft had a better showing of content than sony did, no doubt, though nintendo maybe outshined them both in terms of trailers that actually showed something real. Microsoft biggest issue for those in the know at this point is "will these games remain exclusive?" Some may but I'm willing to bet that most of this content at least makes it to pc, if not it's siamese twin, the ps4.

At the end of the day all three leveraged some legit reason to be excited and all three left the stage with some head scratching holes.... I think declaring a winner is purely based on your own bias.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Good show guys, just finished listening. That Conker tease was pretty messed up.

Massed up? That was Blasphemy!

A big can off woop-ass should have ensued. The pitch forks and torches should have been in full display. A mob rush to the stage!!!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheEroica  Moderator

@blue_hazy_basic: hey brother! Glad to be riding shotgun... where ya heading? 4 hours good lord.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

**** you champ, Dragon Age is gonna be good! I want to believe

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Nobody really lost e3 this year. Period. Unless you are so confident in your bias that you are incapable of seeing through the fan boy fog of dillussion. All three showed great reasons to be invested and their missteps include..

Nintendo - somehow it's becoming acceptable to be ok with the nintendo lack of high scoring, highly regarded gaming in the form of multiplats... that somehow they're going to develop first party games that far surpass anything else in gaming and that makes up for it.... fiction can be fun.

Sony - sweet tech demos with zero gameplay and little to no idea when these games are coming out other than 2015.... uncharted was the worst trailer of show, easilly.... well, next to the coat hanger abortion bioware pulled with mass effect :( those exclusives may be something great but sony not only had thr most boring show, but outside some really great multiplat trailers WITH gameplay sony showed very little.... pstv though is a +1.

Microsoft had a better showing of content than sony did, no doubt, though nintendo maybe outshined them both in terms of trailers that actually showed something real. Microsoft biggest issue for those in the know at this point is "will these games remain exclusive?" Some may but I'm willing to bet that most of this content at least makes it to pc, if not it's siamese twin, the ps4.

At the end of the day all three leveraged some legit reason to be excited and all three left the stage with some head scratching holes.... I think declaring a winner is purely based on your own bias.

I agree. Unfortunately nobody moved the needle for me and I'm sticking with my PC for the time being unless there is an X1 or PS4 deal that I absolutely cannot pass up. I think everyone was pretty solid but no real standouts. BUT The Crackdown announcement with the original dev did make me happy.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@TheEroica said:

But since I own all 3 consoles and I'm unbiased, I can say SONY won.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheEroica  Moderator

@Heil68: heil unbiased??? Cmon now... I already said "fiction can be fun" :P

BTW big shot out to heil for running the nintendo show last night . Amanda had my balls in her purse and thus TheEroica was m.i.a.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEroica  Moderator

@heretrix: there he is... what's up brother?! Yeah I agree... the one thing that I was hoping from e3 was to be given reason to get excited to drop more bread on another console... they all succeeded to an extent, but in others I feel like I'm just gonna roll with ps4 for a while longer before jumping in. I still say nintendo desperately needs a 100$ cut to get it in an appropriate price range .

As for crackdown.... despite it being a cgi trailer, the idea that we could be seeing a crazy blown out of the box version of the original crackdown is ZOMG worthy.... I know you've always been a huge crackdown fan so I'll take the heretix approval as more a reason to be hyped.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

The Vita lost E3. C'mon guys.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mems_1224

Does DSS actually play anything? He had like no opinion about anything lol

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@heretrix: there he is... what's up brother?! Yeah I agree... the one thing that I was hoping from e3 was to be given reason to get excited to drop more bread on another console... they all succeeded to an extent, but in others I feel like I'm just gonna roll with ps4 for a while longer before jumping in. I still say nintendo desperately needs a 100$ cut to get it in an appropriate price range .

As for crackdown.... despite it being a cgi trailer, the idea that we could be seeing a crazy blown out of the box version of the original crackdown is ZOMG worthy.... I know you've always been a huge crackdown fan so I'll take the heretix approval as more a reason to be hyped.

Always appreciate the kind words my man. Glad to see the show still running. You guys kick ass.

Crackdown is one of the most fun Coop games of the last gen, imo. The sequel, not so much. It's awesome to see Dave Jones back at the helm. I know it's not a megaton, but it was really cool to see it with an upped destruction factor.

How bout that Phil Spencer? He seems to be a good choice going forward.

And how in the hell do we lose Unka Jack Tretton to a sad suit like Shawn Layden?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheEroica  Moderator

@mems_1224: @darkspineslayer: actually hasn't played a single game since spelunky launched... last I heard he's in a support group.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mems_1224

@TheEroica said:

@mems_1224: @darkspineslayer: actually hasn't played a single game since spelunky launched... last I heard he's in a support group.

Poor bastard

I better be able to bounce the flag across coagulation in Halo 2. Otherwise its a bust.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@TheEroica said:

It's one day at a time. But the first step to Spelunky addiction is admitting you have a problem. :(

I have no problem admitting that I was mostly there for the other two. Was working through the Microsoft show and didn't watch it to begin with. I am legitimately excited for Sunset Overdrive and Halo collection, just not buy an Xbone excited.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEroica  Moderator

@mems_1224: I've never been a big halo fan, and I was pretty ho hum about it being relaunched in this set, but the more I think about it the more I see this as the Microsoft orange box and to that, sign me up. There's thousands of hours of good times to be had there.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@TheEroica: Sister-in-law's wedding in middle of the middle of nowhere. No World Cup for me Saturday :(

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheEroica  Moderator

@blue_hazy_basic: I'm surprised that no one has your football managerial skills on retainer for the world cup to be honest. ;)

How's the parenting going?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 StormyJoe

@FastRobby said:

@StormyJoe said:

Did you read those? The Verge gave it to Sony because they like their games better, Forbes gave it to Sony because Sony "looked more confident on stage". ExtremeTech's article was fanboy banter. GamesRadar didn't declare a victor at all - but the author said "with personal bias, Sony won".

The most ridiculous part with the verge was the fact that they started by saying Destiny and Batman looked amazing (both multiplatform, batman was running on a PC), and then the best trailers Dead Rising and another game, which were also both multiplatforms. That's when I stopped watching the video, idiots at The Verge. Last year Microsoft gets killed when they mention anything hardware related, but when Sony does it in 2014, it's "ok" again, and their TV show...

I know. It's like those sites' articles were written by ignorant fanboys.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@TheEroica said:

But since I own all 3 consoles and I'm unbiased, I can say SONY won.

You're not truly unbiased. You own all the systems, but you favor Sony 100% over the other 2. I rarely see you cheer on a Wii U or XB1 game. I think Nintendo took the E3 this year when they announced Starfox and all those other games after their conference. Sony blew it when they showed all that TV crap and the statistics. If Microsoft had done that shit Cows would have flipped out and bashed them to death. The fact that Sony did, cows are trying to ignore it and act like it never happened. That's the main reason Sony didn't win. Also, they didn't show The Last Guardian or Drive Club, which was baffling since they said TLG wasn't cancelled.

One more thing. Even though Jack Tretton is gone and I didn't care for him much, I actually hate his replacement even more. I was actually missing Jack at that show.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#34 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@SambaLele said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

ms won this year

LOL I know. My mother said EA won so I guess that means EA won E3 everyone.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6098 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

ms won this year

I agree with this. :)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Heil68

@blackace:

Jack was great and I missed him too, but he went out on a high note in E3 2013, so I wish him well. And I liked the TV part, I will watch that show and the R&C Movie along with the Halo show.

Why wouldn't people who have a passion for video games not want to watch shows based around the story/characters and universe of games? Even the worst movies(as rated by review sites and fans) like Doom and Max Payne are still enjoyable for me to watch.

I never bashed MS for showing their Halo series,and I'm looking forward to it. The only thing I bashed was their first reveal of the Xbone in which it was ALL about TV/media.

And if you have been following my post for the last year, Sunset Overdrive is one of my most anticipated games across any platform, even SONY games and have gone out of my way to show support for it and Insomniac. MS made my like their E3 because they gave a solid release date for it. Now all I'm waiting for is a CE or LE version for sale and I'll buy that day 1.

You should come on our podcast, we have fun, dont attack anyone and have spirited debates.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEroica  Moderator

@Heil68: longest heil post I've ever seen.... love it .

Hey guys the team and I will be releasing the other 2 e3 casts shortly.... lots of spirited debating and discussing for the system wars masses.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mems_1224

@Heil68 said:

@blackace:

Jack was great and I missed him too, but he went out on a high note in E3 2013, so I wish him well. And I liked the TV part, I will watch that show and the R&C Movie along with the Halo show.

Why wouldn't people who have a passion for video games not want to watch shows based around the story/characters and universe of games? Even the worst movies(as rated by review sites and fans) like Doom and Max Payne are still enjoyable for me to watch.

I never bashed MS for showing their Halo series,and I'm looking forward to it. The only thing I bashed was their first reveal of the Xbone in which it was ALL about TV/media.

And if you have been following my post for the last year, Sunset Overdrive is one of my most anticipated games across any platform, even SONY games and have gone out of my way to show support for it and Insomniac. MS made my like their E3 because they gave a solid release date for it. Now all I'm waiting for is a CE or LE version for sale and I'll buy that day 1.

You should come on our podcast, we have fun, dont attack anyone and have spirited debates.

Why would you bash the reveal for being about TV when they made it clear that the reveal would be about TV and that E3(a few short weeks later) was going to be about games?They have to talk about the TV features at some point.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Heil68

@mems_1224 said:

@Heil68 said:

@blackace:

Why would you bash the reveal for being about TV when they made it clear that the reveal would be about TV and that E3(a few short weeks later) was going to be about games?They have to talk about the TV features at some point.

Well maybe that was SW's driven just a weeeeee bit ;) BUT I but consoles for games first and foremost, so the media functions on both consoles to appeal to me. I still use 360/PS3 to stream media, since both PS4/X1 dont do it yet.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I agree with this. I am very happy that Microsoft learned from last year and stuck explicitly to games for this show.

I'm VERY surprised there was zero mention of Quantum Break (my personal #1 hyped exclusive on XB1), Black Tusk studio (or was there and I'm missing it), and Halo 5 was essentially ignored. Though I understand wanting to focus on the Halo Collection, which is a really good deal, and not overshadow it with the potentially even tastier treat in Halo 5.

Bloodborne and Uncharted look great, but I was most pleased with Nintendo.

They really nailed it...and that bloody Wooly World game is so damn cute I can't believe it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Word

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Thanks brah.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Error: Madworld wasn't shitty ass Suda 51. It was Inaba from Platinum, it was Platinum's first game.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mems_1224

Will listen to the Sony one tomorrow. Too busy jamming Black Star right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@jg4xchamp: Platinum and shitty game in the same zip code?

I need to go rethink my life.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Animal-Mother wasn't on the show. Didn't listen then. LOL.

Ha, just kidding.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@TheEroica said:

Word

Why do those matter if you know what you're buying and what you're going to get when you buy the system? I understand they matter for the silly System Wars shtick, but I think you, Champ, and I all have multiple systems for experiences we can't get on the competition. Why does it matter to us if the Wii-U isn't included in the 'available for multiple platforms' list? It's not like any of us would actually play them on the Wii-U.

It's like getting upset that Bloodborne is only on PS4 although on a much larger scale. This is an issue, to varying degrees, across all platforms, not just Nintendo's and not just multiplatform titles.