OUYA Should Be Taken More Seriously By Core Gamers

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Everyone seems to be dismissing this console as a system that only plays android games.....NOT TRUE.

Playing andorid games on it's android jellybean O.S. is a small part of the systems software and hardware capabilities.

It's already been confirmed that they will support Onlive, they will also have a multiple emulator channel built in for all previous console games to be enjoyed.

10,000 developers have already signed up and been given dev kits, 450 titles have been reported as being ready to play by launch day.

Hu-lu, Google, Netflix have also climbed on board the OUYA train.

In a recent press conference at D.I.C.E. Julie Urhman CEO of OUYA, cleverly stated that GTA-5 cost 160-million to make, over 13 million to market, and they need to sell X amount of units before they see a profit, which she went on to admit, will most likely very well happen because of what a hit series the GTA games are.

It's also the high costing prices like this that are causing the closing and buy outs of game dev studios over the past few years.

However it's the cost that OUYA is able to eliminate for both dev's and gamers...The OUYA people do not charge to develop on there console, and they allow the dev's to charge as little or as much as they want for their games...She also went on to discuss the drought of new IP's on all the latest consoles...which we all know is true.

When is the last time PS3, 360 or Wii-U had a new AAA IP, it's nothing but sequel after sequel after sequel...it's time for something new and unique.

I don't know about anyone else in here but i'm 44 years old with a wife and 2 kids and my 12 year old son plays his C.O.D. on Xbox 360 everyday, whereas i myself who has been gaming for 34 years can not afford an additional 360 or PS3 in the house and support libraries for both.

OUYA is the answer for me personally, it is a mere $99 and games are from the 0.99 to $9.99 range, and in my situation thats what i need, not to mention i feel that veteran gamers in my age range deserve to play for less without losing anything graphically or with gameplay quality.

I've spent the past 2 months researching and watching the media and internet articles, news stories and video's of press conferences and gameplay footage of all things OUYA, and i'm telling you, it will be a serious alternative to the pricier boxes about to be announced at E3....whether anyone in this forum wants to believe it or not.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

no it shouldn't

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Meh, not really.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Slimmin360

Meh, not really.

lundy86_4
Ok neither one of the first two replies even took the time to read my post...because it was posted all of 30 seconds before you replied, you just read the title of the thread and replied soley on the title alone so therefore i won't acknowledge your response seriously.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

no it shouldn't

lostrib

Meh, not really.

lundy86_4
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lundy86_4

[Ok neither one of the first two replies even took the time to read my post...because it was posted all of 30 seconds before you replied, you just read the title of the thread and replied soley on the title alone so therefore i won't acknowledge your response seriously.Slimmin360

Yup, I read it. It was posted 2 minutes before my reply. Where did you learn to read?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Meh, not really.

Slimmin360

Ok neither one of the first two replies even took the time to read my post...because it was posted all of 30 seconds before you replied, you just read the title of the thread and replied soley on the title alone so therefore i won't acknowledge your response seriously.

Because a lot of us know what the system is by now, what it can do and what it offers. We still don't care about it, regardless of your reasons in the OP. A lot of people have already formed their opinions of it 

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

no it shouldn't

lostrib
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Should food found in the garbage bin of a big restuarant be taken seriously by someone that likes gourme food ?

I dont think so

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Don't really care about it.

This is the first time I've heard of it.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Slimmin360

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Meh, not really.

seanmcloughlin

Because a lot of us know what the system is by now, what it can do and what it offers. We still don't care about it, regardless of your reasons in the OP. A lot of people have already formed their opinions of it 

Good for those people who formed there opinions...too bad none of those opinions matter, once they notice that the OUYA is flying off the store shelves ahead of there precious Xbox's and PS4's because it's only $100 to their $300 to $500 price tag.

The lower price factored in with the original Wii sales over the 360 and PS3 and it will factor in all over again with the OUYA, we're in a recession and parents will buy whats cheaper come holiday season just like they always do, and hardcore gamer purchases won't make a dent in the OUYA sales just like it didn't with the 360 & PS3 over Wii sales the first 3 years of it's release.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lostrib

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Meh, not really.

Slimmin360

Sounds like a cop out.  Read it, and was not impressed

megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts
I'll probably pick one up for a Netflix box for my TV. As for gaming, it could be interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes on it. That said, I do worry about what the piracy rates will be for this console. My hunch is the piracy rates will be high. I'm also concerned with the people who will only be buying this to replay classic games of yesteryear via emulators. Again, I have my doubts those emulated games played will be legitimate purchases.
Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Slimmin360

Should food found in the garbage bin of a big restuarant be taken seriously by someone that likes gourme food ?

I dont think so

loosingENDS

AHH i can't wait, i can't friggin' wait, please someone save my post so i can brag in a years time about the sales numbers of the OUYA over the PS4 and next XBOX. Then all of you who claim to have never heard of it or don't care about it will be eating your words, if you can get your feet out of your mouth long enough to admit you were wrong.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

I dont think so

Slimmin360

AHH i can't wait, i can't friggin' wait, please someone save my post so i can brag in a years time about the sales numbers of the OUYA over the PS4 and next XBOX. Then all of you who claim to have never heard of it or don't care about it will be eating your words, if you canget your feet out of your mouth long enough to admit you were wrong.

and when/if it doesnt happen, what then?

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

I will get a OUYA also when its released, or within 6 months after release.

For $99 it is a decent price considering there will be a few great Indie exlclusives on OUYA.

Whats really great about the OUYA is we will see tons of Emulators on it. Nintendo, SNES, N64, PS1, Sega Genesis/32X/CD/Masters System and the best of them all MAME and many others.

So you get some great exclusive Indie titles down the line and better OUYA devloped android versions of games, along with a good amount of great emulation gaming.

For $99 sounds like a good deal and also you can sync your PS3 or 360 Controllers, so no need to buy extra Controllers.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4

Good for those people who formed there opinions...too bad none of those opinions matter, once they notice that the OUYA is flying off the store shelves ahead of there precious Xbox's and PS4's because it's only $100 to their $300 to $500 price tag.

Slimmin360

You aren't making sense. Those opinions matter to the individuals interested in buying the system, or not. How much it sells is irrelevant if the individual is not interested. Duh!

The lower price factored in with the original Wii sales over the 360 and PS3 and it will factor in all over again with the OUYA, we're in a recession and parents will buy whats cheaper come holiday season just like they always do, and hardcore gamer purchases won't make a dent in the OUYA sales just like it didn't with the 360 & PS3 over Wii sales the first 3 years of it's release.

Slimmin360

Bu-Bu- What if?

Maybe?

It could do.

You never know.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Slimmin360

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

I dont think so

lostrib

AHH i can't wait, i can't friggin' wait, please someone save my post so i can brag in a years time about the sales numbers of the OUYA over the PS4 and next XBOX. Then all of you who claim to have never heard of it or don't care about it will be eating your words, if you canget your feet out of your mouth long enough to admit you were wrong.

IF it doesn't happen, i'll be a man and admit i was wrong, but as i said, i didn't just come in here and decide to make up up some fictional thread to start a conversation, i've been researching this OUYA for 2 months and i'm telling you, in this poor economy with dev houses closing down left and right, this where everyone will be going and what they'll be buying.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Slimmin360

I_can_haz
As much as i love Jack Nicholson, it's hardly an intelligent response, a bit humorous, but not too much a response though.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Michael0134567

I_can_haz

Intelligent response. Never expected any less from you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"] Ok neither one of the first two replies even took the time to read my post...because it was posted all of 30 seconds before you replied, you just read the title of the thread and replied soley on the title alone so therefore i won't acknowledge your response seriously.Slimmin360

That makes very little sense. If a person doesn't like the library of games the system offers then they should just buy it because everyone else is? :?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]

Michael0134567

:oops: Thanks buddy. I see you have more cute waifus. Helloooo ladies ^__^
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 I_can_haz
[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]

Slimmin360
As much as i love Jack Nicholson, it's hardly an intelligent response, a bit humorous, but not too much a response though.

XD Sorry I felt like trolling. You do have a point though with your post. I agree that OUYA should become more relevant. The more options we gamers have the better.
Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Android and "serious" in the same sentence. Emoticon-Facepalm.gif

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

No because Cell phones releasing today have better specs than the thing. My phone can do everything the Ouya can do AND i can even hook it up to my HDTV and use a PS3 controller with it.

Everything the ouya can do my Phone can do better.

Also my phone has more Useful applications and hardware than the ouya.

IMHO If you have an Xbox 360 or PS3 + a smartphone made within the last 2 years the Ouya is useless.

ALSO do add to your little rant OP most of the games being released on Oya Can already be played on a Combination of PC/SmartPhone/Console.  Its one useless device.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"] AHH i can't wait, i can't friggin' wait, please someone save my post so i can brag in a years time about the sales numbers of the OUYA over the PS4 and next XBOX. Then all of you who claim to have never heard of it or don't care about it will be eating your words, if you canget your feet out of your mouth long enough to admit you were wrong.Slimmin360

IF it doesn't happen, i'll be a man and admit i was wrong, but as i said, i didn't just come in here and decide to make up up some fictional thread to start a conversation, i've been researching this OUYA for 2 months and i'm telling you, in this poor economy with dev houses closing down left and right, this where everyone will be going and what they'll be buying.

or they'll just play the same crap on their phones/tablets

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]

I_can_haz

Back off, Haz. :evil:

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
whats the point? 99% of the games going end up on Pc and/or consoles also. ouya is good for people who only buy those $30 joysticks to play only games or don't want buy whole console
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 I_can_haz

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567

:twisted: Make me
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]:oops: Thanks buddy. I see you have more cute waifus. Helloooo ladies ^__^I_can_haz

Alright, I will.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

lol

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Ouya games wont even be on ps3/360 level.  Not to mention if you cant spend more then 9.99 for a new game you may want to consider a different hobby.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Right now theres no reason to take OUYA seriously because the support is garbage, as is the controller. And I'm so sick of people going on about new IPs as if its some recipe for success :lol: A good game is a good game, whether its new IP or a sequel. There's just as much shit that fall under both categories.
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

or they'll just play the same crap on their phones/tablets

Which is the reason the platform is dead in the water.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#37 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567

Alright, I will.

:lol:
posersRus84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 posersRus84
Member since 2013 • 331 Posts
Show me the games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Seems like TC bailed

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts
It's a horrible device. Whoever thought of it should feel bad.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lostrib

Seems like TC bailed

seanmcloughlin

apparently he wasn't that confident in his statement

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

LOL the person who started this topic was a shill.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

Ouya, I don't know, but Nvidia SHIELD, probably.

http://shield.nvidia.com/

Edit:  Also, for those that haven't heard of it, there's BlueStacks that lets you run 'mobile apps' on Windows and Mac:
http://www.bluestacks.com/ 

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts

No.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Android and "serious" in the same sentence. Emoticon-Facepalm.gif

Mr_BillGates

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]:twisted: Make me speedfreak48t5p

Alright, I will.

:lol:

Not even funny, speedfreak! :x

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
Emulators are ok for the OUYA and phones but not for PC? make up your minds....
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

Says Ouya should be taken more seriously by gamers.

Does not mention a single game. 

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
Well, I had already said it's for old school gamers who want to relive the days of the SNES, SMS, TurboGraphix and PS1 type games. Ouya isn't going to be playing the BIG named games however. You're not going to see Cod, GTA V, Bioshock Infinite, Zelda, Metroid, Halo, Killzone, PGR5, Forza 5, Dark Souls 2, Witcher 3 or another other big names titles that gamers are eager for. Onlive is steaming gaming and if you don't have Verizon's FIOS, you might as well forget it. The Ouya is going to be for a niche market of casual gamers, who don't care about Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft's exclusives for their game consoles or big named 3rd party games. I just don't see myself playing 16bit and 32bit games on my 60in HDTV. It's painful enough playing PS2 games on it.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

I dont think so

Slimmin360

AHH i can't wait, i can't friggin' wait, please someone save my post so i can brag in a years time about the sales numbers of the OUYA over the PS4 and next XBOX. Then all of you who claim to have never heard of it or don't care about it will be eating your words, if you can get your feet out of your mouth long enough to admit you were wrong.

I doubt it. Like you, I've been gaming for well over 30yrs and I've been to about 12 E3, 5 CES and 4 SDCC. I know a lot about the industry and how it works. The Ouya is going to be for a niche market. It might sell a few million over time, but it's not going to sell like 50 million units. Not if their were Kindles and Smartphones out their with the Android O/S on them, the Ouya might stand a chance, but because there a millions and millions of people already with Android devices who can play almost all the Ouya games that get released, there's really no purpose for the Ouya. OnLive is crap and I can get HuLu and Netflix on like 5 of my devices (phone, IPad, Kindle, PS3, XBox 360 & 3DS) which covers home and portable. There's really no point or need for a Ouya.