Outlast now available on Xbone

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

The game looks damn good. Now if I can only find time to play it between Forza and Watchdogs.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The game looks damn good. Now if I can only find time to play it between Forza and Watchdogs.

It's a really fun game up until the last 45 minutes to an hour.

But otherwise it really is fantastic.

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha:

You're really playing watchdogs like it isn't watered down trash? Just get outlast.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Badass! I don't have a PS4 yet. Definitely want to check this one out.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@jimmarko21876 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@amazonangry said:

Xboners have sunk to pc beggar level of begging for ports. Enjoy our crumbs.

Which cows begged from the PC. Even though you're a spoof account its funny.

so much beggin they give it free...

By free do you mean you got it if you paid for a subscription? :?

I never understood this situation. When I get coupons for a free pizza and movie rental through my cable provider, I don't think "Hey, I pay them for cable service, so this isn't free". I would be paying that same amount for service whether I got the coupons or not, so how are they not free?

Why do you have PSN? Is it just to play online? Seems a bit steep for just that, esp after cows ragged on it for an entire gen. Otherwise you are paying for a subscription to get those games each month. You don't just pay for PSN for no reason do you?

The cable analogy would make more sense if instead you subscribed to a pizza place and they sent you a coupon each month. Would you consider that free pizza?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Hated the game.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Outlast was a freebie for PS+ on PS4, so maybe we now have a candidate for Xbone's Games with Gold eventually.

jimmarko21876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jimmarko21876
Member since 2004 • 429 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic: If you break everything down that way, nothing is "FREE". That's cool, we can agree to disagree :) Yes, I have PSN just to play my games online and it's definitely a bit steep just for that (as was Live last gen for me), but if you can find a free way to play my games online I'm all ears, lol

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SolidTy
@Alucard_Prime said:

Downloading now thanks for the head's up TC! I do hope this is the start of a new trend where these successful indies jump ship.....I wonder would this be possible with Resogun or is that an exclusive?

Resogun is a Sony game, so no hope on that port for Xbone. Thankfully, I got a PS4 with my Xbone and my PS+ subscription actively gave me free games since launch which included Resogun (84/100 Metascore). You'd like it if you ever get a PS4 and PS+.

Only non-Sony owned DD games can "jump ship" as you called it.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Congrats to Xboxers! Horror fans are in for areal treat.

Between this and Spencer talking about wanting No Man's Sky are we seeing them silently abandoning the "parity clause"? I hope so, it's the last big 180 needs to make for the good of their gamers.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@RR360DD said:

Thanks for beta testing cows

You do know that Outlast was a PC game, long before it came to the Playstation 4, right?

Ah, probably not. Carry on.

lol.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Played the game on my PS4, and I don't own an Xbone, but it's good news that more people get to play this very good game.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

Downloading now thanks for the head's up TC! I do hope this is the start of a new trend where these successful indies jump ship.....I wonder would this be possible with Resogun or is that an exclusive?

Resogun is a Sony game, so no hope on that port for Xbone. Thankfully, I got a PS4 with my Xbone and my PS+ subscription actively gave me free games since launch which included Resogun. You'd like it if you ever get a PS4 and PS+.

Hey Ty, have you played Crimson Dragon? Would that game be ok as a freebie?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SolidTy

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@SolidTy said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

Resogun is a Sony game, so no hope on that port for Xbone. Thankfully, I got a PS4 with my Xbone and my PS+ subscription actively gave me free games since launch which included Resogun (84/100 Metascore). You'd like it if you ever get a PS4 and PS+.

Hey Ty, have you played Crimson Dragon? Would that game be ok as a freebie?

I was worried about this title when it originally started as a 360 Kinect game. That said, I played Crimson Dragon (56/100 metascore) at a friend's house. It's not good for a rails shooter, but it could have been. You battle against the atrocious camera, the visuals are last gen, the controls are sluggish, poor plot, and it's aggravating as some enemies are tough (shooting dozens of shots) forcing you to play the game barrel-rolling constantly. It's not rewarding as I imagined a Panzer game from SEGA would have felt like. It honestly felt rushed for launch. I wouldn't recommend it unless I was really bored and I had few gaming options.

I'd take Crimson for free though (although having played it I'd now rather have anything else) and I already predicted this game would be given for free w/gOLD at some point a month ago. They will go back to those launch window titles like Crimson Dragon (56/100 Metascore), Zoo Tycoon (68/100 Metascore), Zumba Fitness: World Party (73/100 Metascore), Fighter Within (23/100 Metascore), and Powerstar Golf (65/100 Metascore) and give those away two at a time until the year ends, I guessed in another thread awhile back. Now that Outlast is on the Xbone platform, I predict Outlast eventually also taking up a slot for free at some point, as it was free already on PS+. None of those are amazing, but free is nice with Gold. After a year, like say summer 2015, we'll see full retail Xbone games pop up (instead of cheaper DD games), but they will be launch Xbone games like the pretty but incredibly shallow RYSE (60/100 Metascore), but that's going to be awhile from now. If we are lucky maybe Dec this year when RYSE is a about a year old. Point is, don't expect full retail games on the service just yet. Other countries may have to wait further, especially if RYSE is new in that country and the Xbone just launched in that country.

I think you can at least get two gaming sessions out of Crimson before never bothering with it again. IF you really love on rails shooters, despite the flaws of this game, maybe even more sessions. I got in one session, but I own more machines to distract and take up my time with higher quality games than Crimson. If I relied on and only had an Xbone as my sole next gen gaming machine, I'd probably get myself to play it one or two more times. I wish they hadn't rushed it out for launch, or perhaps starting out a Kinect 360 game as Project Draco was the problem. The director is now working on Phantom Dust for Xbone next.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@RR360DD said:

You do know that Outlast was a PC game, long before it came to the Playstation 4, right?

Changes nothing.

Continue the DC...

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

Lol, TC, you make some of the worst threads on SW. Your logic is pretty much. "1 game comes to Xbone = all future games will". Your one example is Outlast and that's literally it.

Oh well, whatever helps you sleep at night.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@jimmarko21876 said:

@blue_hazy_basic: If you break everything down that way, nothing is "FREE". That's cool, we can agree to disagree :) Yes, I have PSN just to play my games online and it's definitely a bit steep just for that (as was Live last gen for me), but if you can find a free way to play my games online I'm all ears, lol

PC :)

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#69 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@RR360DD said:

Changes nothing.

Continue the DC...

Because, you know, the Playstation 4 version wouldn't be the beta testing version? Because it wasn't out first? Because ...

This isn't going to work, is it.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@RR360DD said:

lol what? Do you ever make sense in any comments you make what so ever?

The PC version was out at least 4 months prior to the PS4 version.

I get you're trolling. But at least be clever.

So witty.

jimmarko21876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jimmarko21876

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@jimmarko21876 said:

I knew that response was coming, lol. I play on PC as well as consoles, may be cheaper but it's not free either. I have to pay my ISP, which according to your earlier response, means I am paying a subscription for my "free" online play.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Animal-Mother: ok I downloaded it and played some. I made it 10 minutes before I jumped up in my seat and my heart skipped. I forgot how much of a puss I am playing these.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@pelvist said:

@tacoma1972 said:

Good game. Enjoy our sloppy seconds. I disagree with you however! I expect as the gap between ps4 and Xbox one widens that the one will see LESS games on it.

@amazonangry said:

Outlast was released on PC before it was released on PS4 so you already had the sloppy seconds.

Got any proof showing cows begging? Any petition sigs? Lets see. ive got plenty of pc beggar proof.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Not much of news in itself, but some important point to be raised...

I think at this point indie developers have lost any kind of incentive of going PS4/PC only with Phil Spencer providing the level playing field for them, so we'll see more and more hitherto omitted indie titles heading to X1 and from now on there's going to be less and less of such omissions, if any.

Either way, gamers win. Claiming ownage with indie games available on one console whereas they're available on PC (as even crappy PCs would be able to run most indie games) is just downright silly.

you know what happens to games that go from exclusive from sony to multiplat?? they turn into crap games. i didnt read the comments on this thread yet but i bet i find a few that say meh who cares the game sucked or that dev is trash :P

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#75 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

so they finally got it after begging? nice one lems

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

good game, garbage ending.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@amazonangry said:

Which cows begged from the PC. Even though you're a spoof account its funny.

so much beggin they give it free...

By free do you mean you got it if you paid for a subscription? :?

Yea, just like xbox. Except, they do not get this game for free? tlhbo.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Why do you have PSN? Is it just to play online? Seems a bit steep for just that, esp after cows ragged on it for an entire gen. Otherwise you are paying for a subscription to get those games each month. You don't just pay for PSN for no reason do you?

The cable analogy would make more sense if instead you subscribed to a pizza place and they sent you a coupon each month. Would you consider that free pizza?

Lem pay more, also had paywall for mmo and free2play, and last gen pay subscription plus online pass for game.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

It's a good game but it isn't worth paying 20 for it,

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#80 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@pelvist said:

@tacoma1972 said:

Good game. Enjoy our sloppy seconds. I disagree with you however! I expect as the gap between ps4 and Xbox one widens that the one will see LESS games on it.

@amazonangry said:

Outlast was released on PC before it was released on PS4 so you already had the sloppy seconds.

Got any proof showing cows begging? Any petition sigs? Lets see. ive got plenty of pc beggar proof.

Hmm, I never said anything about begging... Since you brought it up though where is the proof of the XBOTS begging for a Outlast port? Petition sigs arent proof since expressing interest in a game on your platform by way of signing a petition is not begging. An example of begging would be like what many kids like you did to their parents last Christmas for your $400 toy. :D

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Lem pay more, also had paywall for mmo and free2play, and last gen pay subscription plus online pass for game.

WHat does that have to do anything? You have an obsession with lems and the xbox, we weren't talking about either

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@jimmarko21876 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@jimmarko21876 said:

I knew that response was coming, lol. I play on PC as well as consoles, may be cheaper but it's not free either. I have to pay my ISP, which according to your earlier response, means I am paying a subscription for my "free" online play.

Which is why I said the cable pizza delivery analogy was flawed. Everyone pays for an ISP, but that has nothing to do with you paying for a seperate subscription to PSN. That specific subscription cost includes you paying for the games already. They aren't free, you're paying for them with your subscription. I mean you don't say you play online for free when you have PSN, so why would you say the games are free?

jimmarko21876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jimmarko21876

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@jimmarko21876 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@jimmarko21876 said:

Which is why I said the cable pizza delivery analogy was flawed. Everyone pays for an ISP, but that has nothing to do with you paying for a seperate subscription to PSN. That specific subscription cost includes you paying for the games already. They aren't free, you're paying for them with your subscription. I mean you don't say you play online for free when you have PSN, so why would you say the games are free?

I say it is for free, for the same reason you said "PC:)" for a free way to play my games online, which I easily prove as false using everyone else's twisted logic on what is free. I never said I play online for free, because I pay for PSN and a ISP to play them online. That's the sole reason I pay for PSN (and Live last gen), which would indeed make the games "free" for me since that doesn't weigh in on my decision for buying the subscription (however, it does make the price a little more justified). Like I said, we will have to agree to disagree on this subject :) Just wait until I argue with the cashier at the next store I get a buy 1, get 1 free sale. I am shoving this string of messages right up their a** for the audacity of calling the 2nd item free!! :)

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

Ive been wanting to play it since I first heard about it, and Im very happy that I get the chance to now. I really hope this is a game that will actually scare the crap out of me.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@jimmarko21876: Its people trying to claim that games on PSN are free and that its not free to game on a PC because of the ISP using the twisted logic, not the other way around. I can take my laptop to a cafe or access steam at a friend's house or use the internet at work and absolutely game on a PC online for free w/o paying for an ISP if you wish to be pedantic about that. You cannot access games on the PSN for "free" without paying for them first.

The ISP in almost every instance is an existing bill that everyone has, not bought to play online. It would be like including the cost of a TV, electricity, etc when talking about how much a PS4 costs. Its a total reach.

Games on PSN are bought via subscription, there's no other way to argue it, they are in no way free.

jimmarko21876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 jimmarko21876

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@jimmarko21876: Its people trying to claim that games on PSN are free and that its not free to game on a PC because of the ISP using the twisted logic, not the other way around. I can take my laptop to a cafe or access steam at a friend's house or use the internet at work and absolutely game on a PC online for free w/o paying for an ISP if you wish to be pedantic about that. You cannot access games on the PSN for "free" without paying for them first.

The ISP in almost every instance is an existing bill that everyone has, not bought to play online. It would be like including the cost of a TV, electricity, etc when talking about how much a PS4 costs. Its a total reach.

Games on PSN are bought via subscription, there's no other way to argue it, they are in no way free.

Sure I could, just share a PSN account with a friend and download the game on my system. If you want to go the route of "what if" like you are with a friend's or cafe's ISP. No matter how many ways you try and explain it, it all comes down to how a person perceives "free". I say they're free, you don't. I won't lose sleep over it my man, lol. Like I said numerous times, we will just have to agree to disagree :) It;s been a pleasure and helped pass the time while at work. Been a member since 2004 and only have 400 posts, I should do this more often :)