OH, The Xbox 360 version of L.A. Noire outsold the PS3 version. HAHA

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17469 Posts
Are they just counting the game or number of discs sold? :P I kid :P
mellodude12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mellodude12
Member since 2011 • 183 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Justin Bieber's album outsold U2's last album too..He must be better, right?PAL360

Terrible analogy!

L.A. Noire an awesome game and 360 an awesome console 8)

LA Noire + PS3 = WINNING!!!
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Vgchartz has inaccurate info, it's as simple as that.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I can cofirm PS3 version is still better though.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Wait a sec... so the PS3 version is better across the board. If you have a choice on which version to get then the PS3 version is the obvious answer, right?

But even so you are actually using sales as ownage in this situation?....:lol:

I think people usually expect multiplats to sell better on 360 at this point. Larger install base and higher attach rates. Cool. But as a gamer does that really matter to you?

Oh and lol@vgchartz..

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
People are weird like that. Between popularity and quality they go with popularity most of the time.
mellodude12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mellodude12
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mellodude12"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] What, because I like Halo? That's kind of silly. I like God of War, too. Does that make me a cow?

ok. fair enough :) p.s Have you played and beat God of War 3?

Yeah, twice. I love that game. I want to do a Titan run but I think I'll finish Uncharted: DF and Demon's Souls first.

awesome! The opening boss battle and Chrono boss battle were insanely epic and stunning . My jaw was on the floor the whole time. I had tons of fun with the game(good times) and ive beaten it twice as well, but not on titan. Damn that seems hard. probably not as hard as Demon Souls tho. Good luck with that lol p.s But have fun with Uncharted. Its a good under rated game. p.s.s And finish up Among Theives when you get the chance. Now, that game ...that game is brilliance all around( master piece IMO)
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

OB-47
Me too. Picked LA Noire Tuesday and I'm on the homicide desk. Thank god i dont have to disc swap. :) Great game so far.
Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaahah :lol: . No,really.Does that even matter?

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

no future games besides GeoW, you will buy the next best thing.

The ps3 has so many games coming out this year + multiplats we as smart consumers have to manage our money for waht games we REALLY want.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
So, when's L.A. Noire coming to Japan?
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

DroidPhysX

Me too. Picked LA Noire Tuesday and I'm on the homicide desk. Thank god i dont have to disc swap. :) Great game so far.

Is disc swapping really that strenuous?

I kinda miss doing it.

Oh, the PSone/PS2 days.

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

Wait a sec... so the PS3 version is better across the board. If you have a choice on which version to get then the PS3 version is the obvious answer, right?

I think people usually expect multiplats to sell better on 360 at this point. Larger install base and higher attach rates. Cool. But as a gamer does that really matter to you?

Oh and lol@vgchartz..Wiimotefan

The point was, was that PS3 fanboys kept bragging about "LOL, our version is more superior than the 360 version with exclusive content, & with just one disc, so it will definitely outsell the 360 version!".

But yet, look at what happened.

TheOtherTheoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TheOtherTheoG
Member since 2010 • 2287 Posts
Funny, cos there's like, you know, more 360's than PS3's in the areas that it's most likely to sell, eg. NA and Europe, and so, logically, it would sell more on 360, am I right? I wasn't even aware that this even mattered, anyway.
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 FIipMode

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Oh and lol@vgchartz..garland51

The point was, was that PS3 fanboys kept bragging about "LOL, our version is more superior than the 360 version with exclusive content, & with just one disc, so it will definitely outsell the 360 version!".

But yet, look at what happened.

I get your point. But you realize this is VG numbers right...

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="mellodude12"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mellodude12"]ok. fair enough :) p.s Have you played and beat God of War 3?

Yeah, twice. I love that game. I want to do a Titan run but I think I'll finish Uncharted: DF and Demon's Souls first.

haha awesome! The opening boss battle and Chrono boss battle were insanely epic and stunning . My jaw was on the floor the whole time. I had tons of fun with the game(good times) and ive beaten it twice as well, but not on titan. Damn that seems hard. probably not as hard as Demon Souls tho. Good luck with that lol p.s Have fun with Uncharted. Hope you enjoy it. Its a good under rated game. p.s.s Just finish up Among Theives when you get the chance. Now, that game is a brilliant master piece.

I'm gonna use a guide for Demon's Souls. :P
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

man i wish i has gotten the ps3 version.

my dad got up to switch the disk and fell over the ottoman striking his head and dying from the blood loss then when mom went to help him the open tray caught her skirt hem and she tripped and fell out the window.

thanks ms for killing my family! gawd!

you say disc sapping is no big deal but my totally true and completely believable story shows that (sob) it is (sniff sniff) A BIG DEAL!!!!

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
Ps3 version is still the better version, it has extra content i believe and it performs better , puzzles me that people would choose the 360 version over the Ps3, either A. Ps3 owners have completely different games B. there really are more people who own a 360 as a games machine C.some xbox fanboy bought a million copies D. MS bought a million copies
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

So yeah we had our "Disc changing will make the game unplayable." We had the "Xbox 360 version has 3 disca to create exercise." We had "The PS3 has the better gameplay, graphics." We had the "There is no reason to play the 360 version of any multi-plat at this point.

But then you see this:

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=l.a.+noire

And be amazed, as people decided to pick there the better console for this game. Once again the 360 has managed to surprise everyone and while the lead may not seem to be by much, you got to remember the game released not to long ago, and in that time this gap could grow to proportions that could be in the millions.

So all those flames threads/posts against the 360 version of the game as of now is invalid. HAHAHA!

jakandsig

It's a better because it sold more. Sigh..systemwars.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="jakandsig"]

So yeah we had our "Disc changing will make the game unplayable." We had the "Xbox 360 version has 3 disca to create exercise." We had "The PS3 has the better gameplay, graphics." We had the "There is no reason to play the 360 version of any multi-plat at this point.

But then you see this:

And be amazed, as people decided to pick there the better console for this game. Once again the 360 has managed to surprise everyone and while the lead may not seem to be by much, you got to remember the game released not to long ago, and in that time this gap could grow to proportions that could be in the millions.

So all those flames threads/posts against the 360 version of the game as of now is invalid. HAHAHA!

c49thaine

The 360 version has outsold the PS3 version in every multiplatform game all generation. And they always look better on 360.

When PS3 fanboys learn to accept that then maybe we can move the discussion on to how PS3 exclusives sell for crap also and don't impress anyone outside the ignorant PS3 forum fanboy install base.

So you only play games that sell 8 million+?
c49thaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 c49thaine
Member since 2003 • 101 Posts

[QUOTE="c49thaine"]

[QUOTE="jakandsig"]

But then you see this:

DroidPhysX

The 360 version has outsold the PS3 version in every multiplatform game all generation. And they always look better on 360.

When PS3 fanboys learn to accept that then maybe we can move the discussion on to how PS3 exclusives sell for crap also and don't impress anyone outside the ignorant PS3 forum fanboy install base.

No, I only play and continue playing games that impress me. Which is why every PS3 exclusive gets played once in my PS3 then returned when I decide I already saw and played it on 360 years ago.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="c49thaine"]

c49thaine

No, I only play and continue playing games that impress me. Which is why every PS3 exclusive gets played once in my PS3 then returned when I decide I already saw and played it on 360 years ago.

PSN ID?
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 FIipMode

[QUOTE="c49thaine"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] So you only play games that sell 8 million+?DroidPhysX

PSN ID?

And c49thaine was never to be seen again.

mellodude12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mellodude12
[QUOTE="TheOtherTheoG"]Funny, cos there's like, you know, more 360's than PS3's in the areas that it's most likely to sell, eg. NA and Europe, and so, logically, it would sell more on 360, am I right? I wasn't even aware that this even mattered, anyway.

Actualy, in Europe the Ps3 consistently out sells the 360 ....and in every where else around the world for that matter...., The 360s big advantage comes in North American , but the ps3 is on fire right now. Ps3 has so many great games to choose from this year and we have that big blockbuster coming in Infamous 2. Where as 360 owners only have multi plats so far in the year.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Apparently, the "superior" version isn't as important to 360 fans as we thought. ;)

lems are quickly turning into sheep :P

mellodude12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mellodude12

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="c49thaine"]

c49thaine

It's obvious. You don't even have a PS3. Microsoft troll
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#79 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Ps3 version is still the better version, it has extra content i believe and it performs better , puzzles me that people would choose the 360 version over the Ps3, either A. Ps3 owners have completely different games B. there really are more people who own a 360 as a games machine C.some xbox fanboy bought a million copies D. MS bought a million copiesdelta3074

Most people don't have both systems. Out of 40-50+ Million systems each for PS3 and 360, there's probably only a few million at most that overlap. So the fact that the 360 has an overall lead of 5 or 10 million consoles, probably outweighs the few people are "choosing" to get it on their PS3 or 360. If a multiplat was the same on both systems, all things being equal you would expect the 360 version to outsell the PS3 version by 10-20% just based on install base.

Sometimes other factors go into effect. With shooters (esp Call of Duty, but most military shooters in general) it seems like the ratio goes even higher in 360's favor almost to 2:1, but with some games (Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, basically any Square or Capcom game) it seems to work out the PS3 version will sell better even though the install numbers are lower. L.A. Noire is a game that doesn't really "fit the profile" of what sells better on either system. So you'd expect it to be pretty even, however if you were choosing one vs the other I would think you would get the PS3 version.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="mellodude12"][QUOTE="TheOtherTheoG"]Funny, cos there's like, you know, more 360's than PS3's in the areas that it's most likely to sell, eg. NA and Europe, and so, logically, it would sell more on 360, am I right? I wasn't even aware that this even mattered, anyway.

Actually that's false. In Europe the Ps3 consistently out sells the 360 ....and in every where else around the world for that matter...., The 360s big and only advantage comes in North American , but the ps3 is on fire right now closing the gap month by month. Ps3 has so many great games to choose from and we have a big blockbuster coming in Infamous 2. Where as 360 owners only have multi plats so far in the year.

wrong , the xbox 360 outsells the Ps3 in NA and the UK, the two largest gaming regions
omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

doesn't change the fact that the PS3 is the definitive version :D .

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
I like how he lashed out at me, as if I was attacking him XD lolDesmonic
Yeah we've seemed to have gotten a very bitter batch of lemons this season. Perhaps we should import our lemon seeds from India inext year nstead of orderiing them from Redmond. :P

I get your point. But you realize this is VG numbers right...

FIipMode
Has VG Chartz ever given accurate figures?

Is disc swapping really that strenuous?

I kinda miss doing it.

Oh, the PSone/PS2 days.

no_more_fayth
Apparently the first disk swap occurs 4 hours in then 7 hours later for the second swap and you'll have to switch betweens discs if you want to replay old missions.
hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 hardyfan8
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts
That is the last site to get any game info from, sorry buddy. Everything you said was bs
mellodude12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 mellodude12
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="mellodude12"][QUOTE="TheOtherTheoG"]Funny, cos there's like, you know, more 360's than PS3's in the areas that it's most likely to sell, eg. NA and Europe, and so, logically, it would sell more on 360, am I right? I wasn't even aware that this even mattered, anyway.

Actually that's false. In Europe the Ps3 consistently out sells the 360 ....and in every where else around the world for that matter...., The 360s big and only advantage comes in North American , but the ps3 is on fire right now closing the gap month by month. Ps3 has so many great games to choose from and we have a big blockbuster coming in Infamous 2. Where as 360 owners only have multi plats so far in the year.

wrong , the xbox 360 outsells the Ps3 in NA and the UK, the two largest gaming regions

That is false. Europe is owned by the PS3 where as North America is owned by 360. But who really cares about sales unless your working for Microsoft. Arguing over it is dumb
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="mellodude12"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="mellodude12"] Actually that's false. In Europe the Ps3 consistently out sells the 360 ....and in every where else around the world for that matter...., The 360s big and only advantage comes in North American , but the ps3 is on fire right now closing the gap month by month. Ps3 has so many great games to choose from and we have a big blockbuster coming in Infamous 2. Where as 360 owners only have multi plats so far in the year.

That is false. Europe is owned by the PS3. But who really cares unless your working for Microsoft

I like the reasoning. It's false w/no link to back it up. Oh no, he must be working for MS to claim that. :? Really?
mellodude12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mellodude12
[QUOTE="mellodude12"][QUOTE="delta3074"]wrong , the xbox 360 outsells the Ps3 in NA and the UK, the two largest gaming regionsDroidPhysX
That is false. Europe is owned by the PS3. But who really cares unless your working for Microsoft

I like the reasoning. It's false w/no link to back it up. Oh no, he must be working for MS to claim that. :? Really?

Uh can you read? My point is who gives two s**** about sales unless your working for that company. And why should i have to go out of my way for him and provide a link? Let's apply your reasoning to him. All he did was reply to my intially post with "wrong" and made claims with no facts and no links.
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

Lots of stockholders here in SW as of lately.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DroidPhysX

Lots of stockholders here in SW as of lately.

RoOodriGowW
That or one console owners.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="mellodude12"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="mellodude12"] That is false. Europe is owned by the PS3. But who really cares unless your working for Microsoft

Uh can you read? My point is who gives two s**** about sales unless your working for that company. And why should i have to go out of my way for him and provide a link? Let's apply your reasoning to him. All he did was reply to my intially post with "wrong" and made claims with no facts and no links.

Clearly its you who cares about sales since you're arguing how PS3 sells more in Europe. Does that mean you work at Sony?
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#90 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
Geez people: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/33842/GameStop_Details_Europe_US_Installed_Base_For_Consoles.php
Forza4Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Forza4Champion
Member since 2011 • 722 Posts
Thats a lot of Discs :P
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#92 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Ok so what do you get a cut of each game that is sold or are you just a fanboy? Maybe if the game was online and you could argue that the more games sold the more matches and other players you could play with but it's singleplayer, so really what advantage is this to you?
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#94 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
As i suspected. 360 is the right platform, if the developers want their unique and cerebral games to succeed.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="mellodude12"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="mellodude12"] Uh can you read? My point is who gives two s**** about sales unless your working for that company. And why should i have to go out of my way for him and provide a link? Let's apply your reasoning to him. All he did was reply to my intially post with "wrong" and made claims with no facts and no links.

Clearly its you who cares about sales since you're arguing how PS3 sells more in Europe. Does that mean you work at Sony?

I'm not arguing in any way, but you seem to be arguing with me after butting into a convo that didn't involve you. All i did was point out an incorrect claim. And since your so intent to defend him what does that make you? Your logic is laughable

How is it incorrect when you dont have any proof? :|
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#97 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

This is a very delusional and weird thread.

DavidianMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DavidianMH
Member since 2011 • 1458 Posts
So how does this affect you? All this means is the 360 version just made Rockstar more money. And you also have to take in the fact that more 360's have been sold than the Ps3, so there is obviously going to be more sales.
mellodude12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mellodude12
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="mellodude12"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Clearly its you who cares about sales since you're arguing how PS3 sells more in Europe. Does that mean you work at Sony?

I'm not arguing in any way, but you seem to be arguing with me after butting into a convo that didn't involve you. All i did was point out an incorrect claim. And since your so intent to defend him what does that make you? Your logic is laughable

How is it incorrect when you dont have any proof? :|

Ok, so then neither of us are correct since we both didn't provide any proof.