Official SFxT HYPE Thread!!! (8.5/10 from GS! HYPE MET!!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

Street_Fighter_x_Tekken_Logo_R-1024x418.png

The highest selling 2D and 3D fighters teamed up to stomp their competition simultaneously.

Street Fighter X Tekken is a 2 vs. 2 tag team-based fighting game.

Release date(s) PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

• JP March 8, 2012
  • NA March 6, 2012
  • EU March 9, 2012

Microsoft Windows

• NA May 11, 2012
  • EU May 14, 2012

__________Story__________

The main story of the game revolves around a strange, cubical object that crash-landed on Earth, somewhere in Antarctica. Nobody knows exactly what the object is, where it came from or what purpose it has, only that it appears to release a powerful energy when beings come into conflict around it. As a result, researchers nickname the strange box "Pandora". Several characters from the Tekken and Street Fighter universes form teams of two and search for Pandora, each with their own motivations.

__________Gameplay__________

The game will use a modified Street Fighter IVengine, and Tag Team combat where players select two fighters to deliver knockout assist attacks and special combos. These fighters can be switched out normally, or during certain combos. As fights go on, players build up power in a three sectioned meter at the bottom of the screen referred to as the "Cross Gauge", which allow the player to perform various techniques depending on how much of the gauge is filled, such as EX Attacks, Cancels, Super Arts and various Cross techniques.

Street Fighter X Tekken uses Street Fighter's 6-button system, with several 4-button combos programmed for Tekken characters as well to make it easier for players of the Tekken series to adapt.

Tag Team elements:

Switch Cancel allows players to switch partners in the middle of a combo.

Cross Rush combos involve launching the opponent into the air before swapping partners and continuing the combo.

Cross Arts, which require a full Cross Gauge, allows players to chain together each character's Super Combo in one straight attack

Cross Assault allows players to simultaneously control both characters in their team until the Cross Gauge runs out

Note:The K.O. system works similarly to Tekken Tag Tournament, where the fight ends when one member of the team gets knocked out.

Offline modes:

• Arcade
  • Versus
  • Briefing Room (Training)
  • Mission
  • Trial
  • Scramble
  • Pandora

Online modes:

• Versus
  • Scramble
  • Pandora
  • Endless Battle
  • Replay Channel
  • Briefing Room

__________Features__________

Gem System

Players can equip up to three gems to their characters, which provide different stat boosts depending on the type of gem. Six varieties of gems exist: attack, defense, speed, vitality, assist, and Cross Gauge. Each gem and its effects are designated by a specific color, and will activate as the players fulfill certain conditions during battle.

Pandora Mode

When a character on a player's team has less than 25% health remaining, that character can be sacrificed in order to activate Pandora Mode, which gives the remaining fighter increased strength and an infinite Cross Gauge. However, this state has a time limit and the player will automatically lose if he/she cannot defeat the opponent before the Pandora state runs out.

Scramble Mode

Four players fight simultaneously in pairs of two in their respective teams.

Color Edit

Players are able to color skin, hair, and all layers of clothes.

__________Characters__________

Tekken

• Kazuya Mishima
  • Nina Williams
  • King
  • Craig Marduk
  • Bob
  • Julia Chang
  • Hwoarang
  • Steve Fox
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Raven
  • Kuma
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Lili Rochefort
  • Asuka Kazama
  • Marshall Law
  • Paul Phoenix
  • Ling Xiaoyu
  • Jin Kazama
  • Ogre

Street Fighter

• Ryu
  • Ken
  • Guile
  • Abel
  • Chun-Li
  • Cammy
  • Sagat
  • Dhalsim
  • Poison
  • Hugo
  • Ibuki
  • Rolento
  • Zangief
  • Rufus
  • Balrog
  • Vega
  • Juri
  • M. Bison
  • Akuma

Guest Characters (PS3/Vita)

• Cole MacGrath
  • Toro
  • Kuro
  • Mega Man
  • Pac-Man

Note:the Xbox 360 version has NO guest characters.

__________DLC/Pre-order Bonuses__________Sfxt 1.jpg

DLC costumes, called "Swap Costumes", have been announced. Street Fighter Swap Costumes are Tekken-inspired, and Tekken Swap Costumes are Street Fighter-inspired.

The PS Vita version of Street Fighter X Tekken (Fall 2012 release) will debut 12 characters that will not be available on the console versions at launch.

These fighters include:

• Blanka
  • Cody
  • Dudley
  • Elena
  • Guy
  • Sakura
  • Alisa Bosconovitch
  • Bryan Fury
  • Christie Monteiro
  • Jack
  • Lars Alexandersson
  • Lei Wulong

Street Fighter X Tekken pre-order bonuses

• Amazon: Iron Curtain Gem Pack which boosts you Defense abilities (9 yellow Gems).
  • Gamestop: World Warrior Gem Pack for increasing your Attack (9 red Gems).
  • BestBuy: Lightning Legs Gem Pack which boosts your Speed (9 green Gems).

Street Fighter X Tekken Special Edition pre-order bonuses

• Amazon/Gamestop/BestBuy:Cross Arts Gem Pack that helps you fill your C. Gauge faster

Note: SFxT SE will include all three Gem Packs listed as Standard Edition pre-order bonuses (Iron Curtain, World Warrior, Lightning Legs).

__________Media__________

Street Fighter X Tekken: Cinematic Trailer

Street Fighter X Tekken: Pandora trailer

Street Fighter x Tekken: Heihachi and Lili Trailer

Street Fighter x Tekken: Lili w/ Commentary

Street Fighter X Tekken: Jin, Akuma, Ogre and Bison Trailer

Street Fighter X Tekken: Battle System Breakdown

Street Fighter X Tekken: PS3 and Vita exclusive characters

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tikeio

__________SFxT News__________

(2/23/2012): Yoshinori Ono Asks Fans To Wait For Details On Vita Characters For Consoles

Capcom Japan announced Street Fighter X Tekken for the PlayStation Vita will include twelve extra fighters, but won't be available until Fall.

Will Cody and Lars be playable on consoles? Fans asked Street Fighter X Tekken producer Yoshinori Ono on Twitter who responded with "please wait its detail… I'll say about that when the time comes." Ono also teased there will be news soon about (more?) new characters for Street Fighter X Tekken. Capcom also says they will release new features and DLC over the coming months.

Ono reassured another tweeter from Japan that Capcom will not restrict extra features to a disc-only update like Super Street Fighter IV. He says the company's current policy is to release a "plus alpha" update if a new disc version is released.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/23/yoshinori-ono-asks-fans-to-wait-for-details-on-vita-characters-for-consoles

(2/25/2012): Cross Counter - Street Fighter X Tekken Tag Team Breakdown

The Cross Counter team is back with another episode of Cross Counter. In this episode Gootecks and Mike Ross dive into Street Fighter X Tekken's Tag Team mode.

They go deep in depth covering all aspects of team play (as they are the world champion Tag Teamers). The climax of the segment ends with some Tag Teaming of the CPU. Will Gootecks & Mike penetrate even the mind of the CPU to claim victory?

(3/2/2012): Street Fighter X Tekken's 12 new/extra characters coming in April

EventHubs readers, RedWaltz79 and Zelgadiszero, were kind enough to provide a transcript for the community from a recent Yoshinori Ono interview that took place at the Street Fighter X Tekken launch event.

Ono talks a lot about the upcoming release of the game, noting that we will get more information about the 12 new characters in April at Captivate, while also discussing why Law was included over Fei Long and even covering the reasons Karin wasn't included in the title.

Transcript of notable details from the interview

• More info on the 12 new characters in Street Fighter X Tekken will be revealed at Captivate in April.

• There will be only one disc release of the game and updates will be via DLC. He said that, just like SSF4 and SSF4 AE, there will be an option for those with the updated DLC version of the game to choose the older version so they can play with those people (If you have AE, you can choose to play just SSF4). So, you still need the most updated version of the game to play with all the new features.

• They chose Law over Fei Long because he was closer to Bruce Lee as a rip off character.

• One of the main reasons they have trouble getting Karin in the game is because her copyright belongs to a Manga artist. It doesn't mean they can't put her in, it just becomes really difficult contractually. He hints that if Harada does something *wink* *wink*, she might be in TxSF. Ono assures that he is not trolling with these statements, but they are true.

• They had trouble implementing charge move characters into this game because of how aggressive it is, though they think they have been successful with the ones they have currently put in. Some commands were changed from charge to motion attacks, like Chun-Li's fireball. Also, you can charge while doing things like the Cross Rush.

• As far as charge characters go, with Blanka, they have had trouble adapting him to this game and are still working on him.

• They are going to be paying close attention to tournaments and the like so they can decide if the game needs an SSF4 AE type of balance update.

• He says the PC version will be similar to the console, but he can't say anymore about it right now. This version will be released in May.

• He bluntly says that you will NOT see Q in this game. "It's a dead horse."

• He noted that a lot of people want R Mika, Eagle, and Alex....but not really saying anything about them other than laughing.

Source:eventhubs.com/news

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tikeio

You may post now.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Nice hype thread TC.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tikeio

Nice hype thread TC.

super600

Thanks, super. :)

It seems that most people in SW don't care for fighting games though . :(

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

Nice hype thread TC.

Tikeio

Thanks, super. :)

It seems that most people in SW don't care for fighting games though . :(

I think the activity in this thread will pick up in the morning.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Nice post, TC.

This game interests me. I'm a big fan of both Street Fighter and Tekken, so this is an obvious game for me. Although I suck at fighting games, and still have yet to play quite a few that I own, I might end up waiting a while to pick this one up, but I certainly will get it sooner or later.

I might get the Vita version, because it says that Blanka is exclusive to Vita, and Blanka is my favorite character.

Wow, Sakura too? I definitely will need to get the Vita version, then. That is, unless they both somehow make their way onto the consoles by the time I decide to get it.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#8 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

AA from me.

I'll wait for a price drop or to see if they have a Super Edition or something with all of the DLC characters they'll eventually release at ridiculous prices.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

Why isn't the 360 getting Pac-Man?!? That's straight up BS..

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#10 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41576 Posts

AA. I'm really pissed off at Capcom for messing up their handling of the roster right now.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tikeio

Why isn't the 360 getting Pac-Man?!? That's straight up BS..

whitetiger3521

"We do have the exclusive characters for the Sony platform. We have Cole, the two Sony cats, Kuro and Toro. But basically for the Xbox 360, we were in discussions with them (Microsoft) for which character to put in as an exclusive, but we weren't able to decide on a character because of differences in timing and things like that." - Yoshinori Ono

Maybe "timing" = money, but who knows?

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
I still haven't really enjoyed a Capcom fighter this gen and as such I can't really say I'm hyped at all for SFxT. Almost certain to get AA here. I'll make my mind up on it when I play it but as of right now that will be happening at someone elses house in all likelyhood.
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tikeio

AA from me.

I'll wait for a price drop or to see if they have a Super Edition or something with all of the DLC characters they'll eventually release at ridiculous prices.

NeonNinja

Capcom stated that there won't be a Super/Hyper/Ultimate edition, because they have limited use of the Tekken license. But we never heard anything from Harada, and he has a say in things regarding Tekken.

If Harada is okay with it, it could happen. But until it is stated otherwise, updates to the game will only be done via DLC, and will not be disc-based.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

looks good might get it on day 1.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I have far too many friends that are dying for this game...my gamespot.com prediction of HYPE is AA. :P

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

I've been watching footage of this Game on SRK and it looks really fun to play and the Gem system is not broken.So i'm hyped for it

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
AA for this game, looks really fun.
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tikeio

I have far too many friends that are dying for this game...my gamespot.com prediction of HYPE is AA. :P

SolidTy

Do you plan on getting it? If you do, I can fairly challenge you for your position as leader in HYPE since the poll was rigged. :P

Come at me, Solid! :twisted:

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

AA from me.

NeonNinja

They specifically stated there's only one disc version and all extra content will be handled via DLC.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tikeio

Shot of the character select screen:

Jin, Akuma, Ogre and Bison Trailer

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

AA here probably. The game looks cool but f*ck pre-order and collector's edition exclusive gems.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Looks pretty good (:

I'll wait for the ultimate edition.

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

I'm calling AA right now. 8.0, specifically. Capcom is just releasing too many fighters with too many revised additions as of late. Speaking of which, can't wait for Super Street Fighter X Tekken: Arcade Turbo Edition.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tikeio

I'm calling AA right now. 8.0, specifically. Capcom is just releasing too many fighters with too many revised additions as of late. Speaking of which, can't wait for Super Street Fighter X Tekken: Arcade Turbo Edition.

Assassin_87

Looks pretty good (:

Joedgabe

You'll both be waiting forever, since there will NEVER be one. All updates will be done via DLC.

AA here probably. The game looks cool but f*ck pre-order and collector's edition exclusive gems.

Aljosa23

They have those? :o

I had no Idea, since I never pre-order games. I'll update the OP later and include that information. :)

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Assassin_87

[QUOTE="Assassin_87"]

Tikeio

Looks pretty good (:

Joedgabe

You'll both be waiting forever, since there will NEVER be one. All updates will be done via DLC.

I thought it was pretty clear that I was being beyond sarcastic.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tikeio

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

Looks pretty good (:

Assassin_87

*facepalm*

Sarcasm on the internet is like winking on the phone.

When a lot of people nowadays have this "I'll wait for the Super/Turbo/Arcade/Ultimate Edition" mindset regarding Capcom games, it's never "clear" when they are or aren't being serious.

But eh...

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Even if there isn't a "Super" edition I have to wonder how much the DLC worth will end up being. I mean the game isn't even out yet and there's almost an entire rosters worth of characters who could be added in.
Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Assassin_87

[QUOTE="Assassin_87"]

Tikeio

Sarcasm on the internet is like winking on the phone.

When a lot of people nowadays have this "I'll wait for the Super/Turbo/Arcade/Ultimate Edition" mindset regarding Capcom games, it's never "clear" when they are or aren't being serious.

But eh...

Well, sorry about the misunderstanding then. I read sarcasm fairly accurately. To me, it's all a matter of deciding whether someone is either being sarcastic, or is just that stupid/ignorant. That's with most cases, at least.

Speaking seriously, I will be buying this game day one.

LegendofNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LegendofNerd
Member since 2007 • 2140 Posts

Probably AA. I would be more interested in the game but all this gem nonsense is off-putting.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

You'll both be waiting forever, since there will NEVER be one. All updates will be done via DLC.Tikeio

Because... there wasn't a Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade disc edition...

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tikeio

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

You'll both be waiting forever, since there will NEVER be one. All updates will be done via DLC.shinrabanshou

As if no one is aware of the fact that such an iteration exists....

Until it is stated otherwise by Ono and Harada, there will be no disc-based updates to SFxT.

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Probably AA. I would be more interested in the game but all this gem nonsense is off-putting.

LegendofNerd

The Gem doesnt affect the outcome of a match THAT much.That is to say there is no instant win gems but i get what you are saying.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
It feels weird that ill play Kazuya in 2D SF style game!!! , but who cares. GOGO KAZUYA
Avatar image for deactivated-58e10fda5672e
deactivated-58e10fda5672e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-58e10fda5672e
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts

I been looking foward to this game for over a year. Looks super sick. I am more pumped for this game than any other. Only that stinks is come the same day as Mass Effect 3 ( which is my 2nd most hyped game).

As for as DLC, I hope that offer as many characters as possible.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

You'll both be waiting forever, since there will NEVER be one. All updates will be done via DLC.Tikeio

As if no one is aware of the fact that such an iteration exists....

Until it is stated otherwise by Ono and Harada, there will be no disc-based updates to SFxT.

Its funny how they are giving people exactly what they want in terms of dlc content and people still aren't happy. People need to consider this, there will be a tekken x street fighter probably next year. Why would they release a super SFxT that would end up hurting the sales for TekkenXSf and even possibly TTT2? Take that into account plus the fact that ono has came out and said that all updates will be made available through DLC and it should be clear that well hes telling the truth.

Even if they do decide to make a super ver which i doubt is gonna happen it will be made available through DLC so how can people still be complaining. The reason SSF4 was a disc only release is because SF4 wasn't coded to handle that sort of update. It would have still ended up costing $30 or $40 so i don't see why people complain about that or even AE which had actually released as DLC and a disc release but people were still un happy.

I feel sorry for CC because no matter what they do people are gonna hate and they really do try to do right by people. Now people are complaining about about the fact that there will be DLC chars like no other FG out there now has them. The game already comes with 38 on the xbox and 43 on the ps3 thats a huge amount and more than some fighting games even have with DLC chars added in but once again thats not enough people wont be happy until CC gives them those chars for free which means 50 chars at launch which is unheard of for most games besides MVC2.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shinrabanshou

It's been confirmed that there'll be 12 extra characters on the retail Vita version which releases in the US Fall quarter. The characters have already been announced.

I don't see why they wouldn't release the same edition at retail on the PS3/360 for a cash-in.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tikeio

Its funny how they are giving people exactly what they want in terms of dlc content and people still aren't happy. People need to consider this, there will be a tekken x street fighter probably next year. Why would they release a super SFxT that would end up hurting the sales for TekkenXSf and even possibly TTT2? Take that into account plus the fact that ono has came out and said that all updates will be made available through DLC and it should be clear that well hes telling the truth.

Even if they do decide to make a super ver which i doubt is gonna happen it will be made available through DLC so how can people still be complaining. The reason SSF4 was a disc only release is because SF4 wasn't coded to handle that sort of update. It would have still ended up costing $30 or $40 so i don't see why people complain about that or even AE which had actually released as DLC and a disc release but people were still un happy.

I feel sorry for CC because no matter what they do people are gonna hate and they really do try to do right by people. Now people are complaining about about the fact that there will be DLC chars like no other FG out there now has them. The game already comes with 38 on the xbox and 43 on the ps3 thats a huge amount and more than some fighting games even have with DLC chars added in but once again thats not enough people wont be happy until CC gives them those chars for free which means 50 chars at launch which is unheard of for most games besides MVC2.

Gen007

Good post.

Even if I put in giant bold letters that there will be no disc-based update to SFxT in the OP, people would still assume that there will be one.

Oh well... can't blame people. But at the same time, they shouldn't assume that Capcom can "milk" a franchise that they don't even own. Especially with Namco's cross Street Fighter game coming out next year.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 arkephonic

Although they have said that all updates will be available through DLC and there won't be another disc version, I do hope that that changes in the future, because I would like to have a disc with the game and all of the DLC included on disc at some point. I'm one of the very few people who doesn't buy DLC or digital media, other than a couple things off the App Store for my iPhone.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Tikeio

It's been confirmed that there'll be 12 extra characters on the retail Vita version which releases in the US Fall quarter. The characters have already been announced.

I don't see why they wouldn't release the same edition at retail on the PS3/360 for a cash-in.

shinrabanshou

"If we decide to create a new version of the game, we will go with the Street Fighter IV series route, by providing online update patches for the game. So I would say that you don't really need to worry about a new version of the game coming out. If we choose to update the game, it will be done in the same fashion as Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition [laughs]." - Yoshinori Ono

Straight from the mouth of the producer.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
AA. Bring on Tekken x Street Fighter.
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Tikeio

Although they have said that all updates will be available through DLC and there won't be another disc version, I do hope that that changes in the future, because I would like to have a disc with the game and all of the DLC included on disc at some point. I'm one of the very few people who doesn't buy DLC or digital media, other than a couple things off the App Store for my iPhone.

arkephonic

Well, do you shop at Gamestop? They sell DLC. Not on disc, but it helps if you don't like adding funds to your XBL/PSN account.

If you plan on buying this 6+ months from now, there will probably be a price drop by then anyway, and you may break even. But I can't say for certain. Just letting you know.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shinrabanshou

"If we decide to create a new version of the game, we will go with the Street Fighter IV series route, by providing online update patches for the game. So I would say that you don't really need to worry about a new version of the game coming out. If we choose to update the game, it will be done in the same fashion as Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ." - Yoshinori Ono

Tikeio

Seen it. It's called PR. Why on earth would he say "Yes, there'll be a new retail version out in 6 months. Just like MvC."

I don't doubt there'll be a downloadable update that you can buy. And at least that's a saving grace for those who get this now.

But I also don't doubt there'll be a retail release including that update on other platforms - since it's already been confirmed on the Vita.

Fool me once, shame on, shame on you, fool me can't get fooled again.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 arkephonic

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

Tikeio

Well, do you shop at Gamestop? They sell DLC. Not on disc, but it helps if you don't like adding funds to your XBL/PSN account.

If you plan on buying this 6+ months from now, there will probably be a price drop by then anyway, and you may break even. But I can't say for certain. Just letting you know.

It's not that I have a problem paying for DLC, I would gladly pay for DLC if it was on a disc with the game, it's just that I don't trust digital media that is tied to PSN or XBL accounts, so I don't really have any interest in the DLC cards either at Gamestop. I just can't help but wonder if that stuff disappears after a period of time.

I know it's odd sounding, and I don't expect many people to think like I do on this subject, but I don't really buy games for the now, I buy them for the long haul.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tikeio

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

"If we decide to create a new version of the game, we will go with the Street Fighter IV series route, by providing online update patches for the game. So I would say that you don't really need to worry about a new version of the game coming out. If we choose to update the game, it will be done in the same fashion as Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ." - Yoshinori Ono

shinrabanshou

Seen it. It's called PR. Why on earth would he say "Yes, there'll be a new retail version out in 6 months. Just like MvC."

I don't doubt there'll be a downloadable update that you can buy. And at least that's a saving grace for those who get this now.

But I also don't doubt there'll be a retail release including that update on other platforms - since it's already been confirmed on the Vita.

Whatever?

Until it is stated otherwise, there will be no updated disc-based console version of the game. I wouldn't really care if there was one or not.

Assume all you like, but it doesn't change anything.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tikeio

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

arkephonic

It's not that I have a problem paying for DLC, I would gladly pay for DLC if it was on a disc with the game, it's just that I don't trust digital media that is tied to PSN or XBL accounts, so I don't really have any interest in the DLC cards either at Gamestop. I just can't help but wonder if that stuff disappears after a period of time.

I know it's odd sounding, and I don't expect many people to think like I do on this subject, but I don't really buy games for the now, I buy them for the long haul.

I understand where you're coming from, but even if paid content gets pulled (which rarely happens) you'd more than likely be able to re-download it if you payed for it. UMK3 on XBLA is an example of this.

And unless you lost the details to your account, you really have nothing to fear. I still have access to everything I bought on XBL from 2006 up until now. I wouldn't call that "buying for now". :P

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#47 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

just finished watching Cross Assault...

hype @ AA; going to be a great game but I'm more hype for SkullGirls

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Tikeio

I'm more hype for SkullGirls

AtlanticRock

Meh... I may be in the minority, but I just don't see the appeal. The art style and characters look too "goofy" for my tastes. And from what I've seen, the gameplay isn't as spectacular as some people make it out to be.

Different strokes, I guess.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Tikeio

Topic updated with news.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I am so excited for this game. I just saw an in depth walkthrough of what Steve Fox can do. He will be without a doubt my main character. My secondary will have to complement him.