Official PlayStation Home Sticky (Keep it here or risk SUSPENSION)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Well the Home open beta starts today, so I'm sure plenty of you are going to be wanting to share just how awesome/terrible/mediocre/revolutionary/pointless you think it is. If you're one of those people, then this thread is for you!

Obligatory funny animal pic follows:

bethwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 bethwo
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts
As far as im aware it's still not out in the UK.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
As far as im aware it's still not out in the UK.bethwo
same here and I have the US PSN account. Oh yeah, and someone make a post with some fancy images and information :P
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I'm really not a fan of Home. Believe me, I'd love to be able to say it's something amazing and revolutionary for the console world, but it's just not. While it may look nice in 3D glory compared to the ol' static menu's of the "past", it just feels like a bunch of useless hoops to jump through to get to the good stuff.
Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Al3x_n90
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts
That kitty scares me :?
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
Great. This was needed. Now we need a mega post.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
The mods folded and the HOME sticky is now in biznuss :o
Avatar image for BillGates_Money
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BillGates_Money
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
embarassing...so many delays, so much convo sbout home now this..disgustiing
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 II_Seraphim_II
The mods folded and the HOME sticky is now in biznuss :oJandurin
Folded?HOME? Folding @ HOME!? :o
Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Al3x_n90

I'm really not a fan of Home. Believe me, I'd love to be able to say it's something amazing and revolutionary for the console world, but it's just not. While it may look nice in 3D glory compared to the ol' static menu's of the "past", it just feels like a bunch of useless hoops to jump through to get to the good stuff.BioShockOwnz

If you didn't have such a reputation of bashing ps3 stuff, i would say i agree.

But really now home is great, just not from my point of view...making a character and going online to meet other people is creepy in a way

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#11 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts

Thank you.

I logged into the Home beta yesterday and the Message of the Day stated that Home servers will be down until the Home Open Beta becomes available 3:00pm PST and they said people should meet up at the Central Plaza for a huge dance party!

Also I have a question, is Home region locked? Meaning that the people in the Central Plaze will only be from a specific region?

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 II_Seraphim_II
embarassing...so many delays, so much convo sbout home now this..disgustiingBillGates_Money
curious as to why you care? :?
Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts
ps3fanboy.com keeping everything up to date. Apparently Tedthedog (lol?) sais it will be delayed a smidge due to technicalities
Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts
Ill check it out when I get home and try HOME.:P
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

I want to download it so bad! I can't wait!

I am gonna make my apartment look all pretty. ^_^

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I'm really not a fan of Home. Believe me, I'd love to be able to say it's something amazing and revolutionary for the console world, but it's just not. While it may look nice in 3D glory compared to the ol' static menu's of the "past", it just feels like a bunch of useless hoops to jump through to get to the good stuff.Al3x_n90

But really now home is great, just not from my point of view...making a character and going online to meet other people is creepy in a way

Just for the future, if anyone says I don't own a PS3 and haven't tried out Home...

bra href=

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
The mods folded and the HOME sticky is now in biznuss :oJandurin
Teh kitty made me do it. :(
Avatar image for BillGates_Money
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BillGates_Money
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
[QUOTE="BillGates_Money"]embarassing...so many delays, so much convo sbout home now this..disgustiingII_Seraphim_II

umm because i have a ps3. like I told you before dont let the name fool you im not a M$ fanboy. Home looks promising but delays and other things got annoying after a while
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="BillGates_Money"]embarassing...so many delays, so much convo sbout home now this..disgustiingBillGates_Money

umm because i have a ps3. like I told you before dont let the name fool you im not a M$ fanboy. Home looks promising but delays and other things got annoying after a while

Ah, I didnt see your previous post were you stated so. I apologize :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"]The mods folded and the HOME sticky is now in biznuss :oII_Seraphim_II
Folded?HOME? Folding @ HOME!? :o

omg, I'm working for Sony and my plan to insert subliminal messages has been revealed!
Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Al3x_n90
[QUOTE="Al3x_n90"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I'm really not a fan of Home. Believe me, I'd love to be able to say it's something amazing and revolutionary for the console world, but it's just not. While it may look nice in 3D glory compared to the ol' static menu's of the "past", it just feels like a bunch of useless hoops to jump through to get to the good stuff.BioShockOwnz

Just for the future, if anyone says I don't own a PS3 and haven't tried out Home...

Lawl i've got a Home code as well but haven't used it lol.I'm 2 lazy and 2 busy playing Gears2 mgs4 and r2 :P

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Indie_Hitman
I want to know why America gets all the special spaces with the beta but we Europeans just get the core areas
bethwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bethwo
I want to know why America gets all the special spaces with the beta but we Europeans just get the core areas Indie_Hitman
Same reason we got Resistance 2, Motorstorm: PR and the majority of games late. We aren't as important as NA.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Damn, that's an awesome cat. My cat is currently trying to destroy our Xmas tree, dumb animal. I'm actually looking forward to Home, but I doubt I'll be spending hours at a time in there. It'll just be something I go into a few times a week, probably.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"]I want to know why America gets all the special spaces with the beta but we Europeans just get the core areas bethwo
Same reason we got Resistance 2, Motorstorm: PR and the majority of games late. We aren't as important as NA.

Nah, I think it has something to do with the location of the dev team. For instance, Europeans got into the KZ2 beta before other people. Its just that the majority of Playstation related products are made in the US, so I guess they just give US users earlier access to it :P
bethwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bethwo

[QUOTE="bethwo"][QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"]I want to know why America gets all the special spaces with the beta but we Europeans just get the core areas II_Seraphim_II

Nah, I think it has something to do with the location of the dev team. For instance, Europeans got into the KZ2 beta before other people. Its just that the majority of Playstation related products are made in the US, so I guess they just give US users earlier access to it :P

Im pretty sure Home is being developed by SCEE.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia Home is being developed by SCE London Studio and SCE Cambridge Studio (Cambridge is a 20 minute train journey from where I live:o )

So yeah, I don't think it has much to do with the dev teams location.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts
Good, we needed a sticky for this and it should remain until the cows come Home. :P
wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts
Home seems like an okay addition to gaming, nothing really new that hasn't been done before though.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]I'm not "hyping" Home. I only respond to either misinformation or extreme pessimism. I think Home will be good for it's purpose and I plan on using it for my own reasons. BTW, I've anticipated other games as well (you should have seen me last gen Sheep all day!). It's just that these two happen to fall under tertiary law of Newton's Laws of Motion (in this case exerting the same amount of hype/optimism versus hate/doubt). I simply want to inform the ignorant and prove points. Recently KZ2 and Home have been in discussion the most, as they command a ton of attention.

They just happen to be two things I'm looking forward to.

MarloStanfield

I'm not being pessimistic I'm being realistic. Home is a sanitized, featrueless version of second life. It allows people to walk around a virtual environment chatting to each other and making their avatars do "funny dances" for each other. Why should we care about it? what differentiates it other antisocial teen hangouts like habbo hotel? why should people on a gaming forum give a damn? What is the point of it? and most importantly why do yo have to be so chirpily optimistic about anything on the PS3?

Just like KZ2 you have yet to provide any sort of explanation for Home's apparent awesomeness., and no, this **** is not a good explanation, nor is it entertaining or enjoyable. It's just sad

Lol, you are really funny. And always on my back. I never said you were pessimistic. Home is a social network, but there will be more to it that just that. That's a fact. Dancing in Home is funny and silly. I don't do it, it doesn't hurt me. It's free and will affect the games I play on my PS3.

And if you think I'm only optimistic about all things encompassing PS3, you're wrong. How long have you been on these forums? Have you been following my posts since 2004? I doubt it. Topics such as KZ and Home are HUGE right now and more than not, I'll talk about them.....

Wait, let me stop right there and tell you why I'm interested in Home:
I recently moved away from home (no pun intended) to go to school. Leaving my 3 brothers and my best friends behind that I've lived with/around my entire life. So this community network will further allow me to play games with them, chat about games/politics/events/life, goof around, and use features that involve our games (things we did in the presence of each other). All in the likeness of ourselves; add customization and persistent content that I like, and that's even better.

----------

Now, I won't be spending all my time in Home. Why would I? And we don't play games 24/7, we're actually socializing right now. It's a free service, that will generate revenue for Sony, and extend the features of PSN. It's not for everyone, and it's not perfect. Also, it will most definitely get better with time. Looking at Sonys improvements to PSN in the last 2 years (from scratch), I'm eager to see what they'll do in 09. SW, in the moment, is fascinated by PS3 news it seems (whether impressions are good or bad). I just happen to be interested in what Sony is doing and its future.

As for KZ2, I won't respond...I'll just ask you why haven't you been trolling in the official thread?

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Indie_Hitman

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="bethwo"] Same reason we got Resistance 2, Motorstorm: PR and the majority of games late. We aren't as important as NA.bethwo

EDIT: According to Wikipedia Home is being developed by SCE London Studio and SCE Cambridge Studio (Cambridge is a 20 minute train journey from where I live:o )

Im probably about a 4 hour car journey from Cambridge. But anyway, theres no logic to it. Unless theyre testing servers and bugs.
ssj_ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ssj_ken
Member since 2004 • 223 Posts
Is this gonna be available in Canada? Or are they gonna just push us aside like they did with the video service.
bethwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bethwo
I know some people in Cambridge, should I ring them and ask them to go down Hills Road, figure out where SCE Cambridge Studio and ask them what's been taking so long? :P
RuinedMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RuinedMachine
Member since 2008 • 622 Posts
As long as it remains free I will not say anything bad about it.
RuinedMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RuinedMachine
Member since 2008 • 622 Posts
Is this gonna be available in Canada? Or are they gonna just push us aside like they did with the video service.ssj_ken

I got access to the closed beta so I don't know what you're talking about.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#35 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
[QUOTE="Al3x_n90"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I'm really not a fan of Home. Believe me, I'd love to be able to say it's something amazing and revolutionary for the console world, but it's just not. While it may look nice in 3D glory compared to the ol' static menu's of the "past", it just feels like a bunch of useless hoops to jump through to get to the good stuff.BioShockOwnz

bra mce_thref=

I don't believe he ever said you did, you can still show a bias by owning all three consoles...I own a Wii and don't care for it, but I don't find it necessary to bash it on the forums.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="bethwo"] Same reason we got Resistance 2, Motorstorm: PR and the majority of games late. We aren't as important as NA.bethwo

SCEE has always brought Playstation owners new games and ideas thanks to Phil Harrison. - Singstar - Buzz - EyeToy - HOME - EyePet - More that I can't think of
MetalRX78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MetalRX78
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts
Boring HOME is boring.
one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 one_on_one

Anyone heard of any news if you can show off your Home Avatars and put them on your PSN ID gamer cards instead of those same PSN gamer pictures? Or will we have to wait like a year longer for that?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BioShockOwnz

I don't believe he ever said you did, you can still show a bias by owning all three consoles...I own a Wii and don't care for it, but I don't find it necessary to bash it on the forums.white_sox

And that's not why I showed it. I didn't think he did. ;)

I love LBP and Valkyria Chronicles. Now what? Oh snap! :P

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
I expected a bigger Cow reaction to its release...a few years ago that is, before the slew of delays. Now even the majority of the Sony fanbase just doesn't care.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing just what I have to pay for in Home. Can I cruise around an island in a Lamborghini for free? Or do I have to pay $2 to buy it. Who knows...
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts

Wait, let me stop right there and tell you why I'm interested in Home:
I recently moved away from home (no pun intended) to go to school. Leaving my 3 brothers and my best friends behind that I've lived with/around my entire life. So this community network will further allow me to play games with them, chat about games/politics/events/life, goof around, and use features that involve our games (things we did in the presence of each other). All in the likeness of ourselves; add customization and persistent content that I like, and that's even better. Episode_Eve

Finally a response!

You want to to play games with your brothers you can invite them in game. you want to talk to your brothers pick up the phone. You want to talk to them on the Ps3 buy them all a PS3 and go to chat in the XMB. Dressing up some dolls and making them run around a fake environment adds nothing to that, it adds nothing to games (the reason you bought the PS3), and it actually hinders the process of playing games with your brothers

and please dont think I'm trying to hassle you. You have a conflicting viewpoint and you debate well, that's the whole reason I come here

----------

Now, I won't be spending all my time in Home. Why would I? And we don't play games 24/7, we're actually socializing right now. It's a free service, that will generate revenue for Sony, and extend the features of PSN. It's not for everyone, and it's not perfect. Also, it will most definitely get better with time. Looking at Sonys improvements to PSN in the last 2 years (from scratch), I'm eager to see what they'll do in 09. SW, in the moment, is fascinated by PS3 news it seems (whether impressions are good or bad). I just happen to be interested in what Sony is doing and its future Episode_Eve

As am I.

But it should not come as a surprise that I do not care about a Killzone sequel from Guerilla Games. Nor should it come as a surprise that I do not care about some rubbish, watered down second life rip off. Neither of those viewpoints are out of the ordinary

As for KZ2, I won't respond...I'll just ask you why haven't you been trolling in the official thread?

Episode_Eve

I had to stop, we were just going around in circles

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BioShockOwnz

I'm looking forward to seeing just what I have to pay for in Home. Can I cruise around an island in a Lamborghini for free? Or do I have to pay $2 to buy it. Who knows...TheSystemLord1

You don't get to buy one or cruise around in one. This isn't TDU. :P But you can buy some super metro furniture for the apartment. :)

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17466 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing just what I have to pay for in Home. Can I cruise around an island in a Lamborghini for free? Or do I have to pay $2 to buy it. Who knows...TheSystemLord1
As i have said before, i dont know how people think Home is gonna make PSN better than XBL when it has nothing to do with PSN, I cant play MGS4 in HOME can I? nor can i be in HOME and talk to a friend of mine who's playing LBP can i?? Home if ok for what it is, but as far as being on par or better than XBL IMO, i just dont see it. Dancing is fun though lol
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]I'm looking forward to seeing just what I have to pay for in Home. Can I cruise around an island in a Lamborghini for free? Or do I have to pay $2 to buy it. Who knows...BioShockOwnz

You don't get to buy one or cruise around in one. This isn't TDU. :P But you can buy some super metro furniture for the apartment. :)

:) Yup, Test Drive Unlimited was the first thing that came to my mind and as a matter of fact had me thinking - hmm, I haven't played that in a while, maybe I give that a spin tonight. Now if they or MS could do something like that as a lobby or w/e then sign me up !! :D
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

Finally a response!

You want to to play games with your brothers you can invite them in game. you want to talk to your brothers pick up the phone. You want to talk to them on the Ps3 buy them all a PS3 and go to chat in the XMB. Dressing up some dolls and making them run around a fake environment adds nothing to that, it adds nothing to games (the reason you bought the PS3), and it actually hinders the process of playing games with your brothers

and please dont think I'm trying to hassle you. You have a conflicting viewpoint and you debate well, that's the whole reason I come here

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

----------

Now, I won't be spending all my time in Home. Why would I? And we don't play games 24/7, we're actually socializing right now. It's a free service, that will generate revenue for Sony, and extend the features of PSN. It's not for everyone, and it's not perfect. Also, it will most definitely get better with time. Looking at Sonys improvements to PSN in the last 2 years (from scratch), I'm eager to see what they'll do in 09. SW, in the moment, is fascinated by PS3 news it seems (whether impressions are good or bad). I just happen to be interested in what Sony is doing and its future MarloStanfield

As am I.

But it should not come as a surprise that I do not give a **** about a Killzone sequel from Guerilla Games. Nor should it come as a surprise that I do not give a **** about some rubbish, watered down second life rip off. Neither of those viewpoints are out of the ordinary

Episode_Eve

I had to stop, we were just going around in circles

:| Please don't tell me what to do with my time homie. Home is another venue that appeals to me, adding another dimension beyond chatting. It won't hurt the process of me playing games with them because...wait for it...I can still play games with them (on any/every system). If I wanted to, I'd set up a party with game-launching. And when cross-game invites is standard within Home I'll use that feature as well. I actually just got off the phone with my brother (TREAL_Since). I understand you don't like Home and KZ2, you have a right (never implied or said otherwise). I just don't agree with a majority of your reasoning.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

For those who were anticipated about Home, do you see how boring it is now? :P

Or is it not out yet?

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 one_on_one

Hey guys Home is here! Well I'm in the beta and I couldn't log on before but now I'm in it! Check if you can too!

The Central Plaza looks different. I'm going to rome around now!

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17466 Posts
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"]

For those who were anticipated about Home, do you see how boring it is now? :P

Or is it not out yet?

your sig is epic :lol:
rmerri52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rmerri52
Member since 2007 • 1824 Posts
do they still have the feature to join peoples online games and watch movies with other people?