Official GeoW 2 Sticky (9.0 @ GS):Keep It Here Or Risk SUSPENSION!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2551 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
My only complaint is the length it takes to get into a game. Hopefully they fix that soon.
ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2552 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts

Alright I gotta say it..so here it goes...ahem

after the first playthrough...I got some Grips....(I wouldnt call them spoilers)

Epic, Scratch the Driving sequences, tanks and all the rest are fine in Unreal Torny, but they just dont seem to work in Gears, sure having them around in the ambiance is immersive and its fun to watch a centaur open fire on a Brumak, but as soon as we the player get behind the wheel of a machine or the reins of a monster, Gears makes the leap from stellar to mediocre. There clunky, linear and arnt to flattering to the Unreal engine (low res ground textures, bouncy trees with all the strength of wet paper and legions of dumb, gormless, low res, Locust).

I mean if your so proud of the new Unreal 3.5, why not use this oppotunity toshow of the new tech? this brings me to my other major critism.

Berserkers...or lack of Berserkers to be more precise. these massive enemies were just as much an Icon to the Gears franchise as the Lancer or Brumack were, every trailer and T.V spot featured a Beserker charging Marcus and she offered some of the most memorable Gears experiances. I remember engaging one in Gears 1 for the first time, it really was a highlight of the game, scary and exhilerating.

and what better way to show off your new tech?? imagine seeing a Berserker charging at you up a river, with new ''interactive water'' cascading and cutting around the fair ladies legs?? Imagine seeing her cause ''realtime damage'' to the barrier or wall or building that you were hiding behind??

Imagine fighting more then one at a time...and setting them againest each other in an attempt to dismantle the hollow?? :P

All these missed oppertunitys to bring back the big girl and Epic chooses to instead work on the driving sequences? The same sequences that were one of the few critisims in Gears 1? I mean the closest thing we get to a Brserker in Gears 2 are the Sires (like a Wretch and a Berserker thrown into a blender)... what the hell.

aside from that though, the game is stellar.

desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2553 desyple
Member since 2008 • 1725 Posts
why cant i download my golden lancer??desyple
found the answer
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2554 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

just complete the campaign. this game is crazy, what a ride

now its time to take it online

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2555 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
It's funny how many of you have to wait for so long for matchmaking, for me it usually takes 1-2 minutes no joke.
asyrian758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2556 asyrian758
Member since 2006 • 410 Posts

***********SPOILER!

the locust queen is marcus pheonix's dad.

hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2557 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts

***********SPOILER!

the locust queen is marcus pheonix's dad.

asyrian758
Eh, speculation. Doubt it though.

Anyways, just finished it. The brumak sequence was amazing, I loved mowing down the little locusts and **** slapping the corpser lol :) I want a brumak for myself :D
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2558 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
Does anyone else keep getting the Disc Unreadable Error? I returned my copy for a new one and the same thing happened.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2560 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Does anyone else keep getting the Disc Unreadable Error? I returned my copy for a new one and the same thing happened.Mkavanaugh77

Nope, mine works perfectly

But:lol: to you

You should be happy, considering now I can't destroy you in Public matches. ;)
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2561 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts
The ending was horrible.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2562 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

The ending was horrible.epic_pets

That's because it's on Xbox 360.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2563 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts
most "2" games in a trilogy dont have the most amazing ending, halo 2 had a crap ending, minly cus it jus leads to the next game.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2564 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

most "2" games in a trilogy dont have the most amazing ending, halo 2 had a crap ending, minly cus it jus leads to the next game.jeezers

Halo 2, Resistance 2, etc. All crappy endings.

IshmaelSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2566 IshmaelSonata
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts

The ending was only horrible in the sense that the last boss encounter was short. But overall story-ending wise, it was quite good.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2567 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

[QUOTE="epic_pets"]The ending was horrible.IshmaelSonata

The ending was only horrible in the sense that the last boss encounter was short. But overall story-ending wise, it was quite good.

Yeah, that sums it up nicely. I actually really, really enjoyed the campaign - just felt very well paced. Can't wait to start in on Insane Co-op.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2568 ZimpanX

IshmaelSonata

Yeah exactly. I expected something like RAAM, instead I just had to aim and hold the fire button and it was over in like 20 seconds, wtf?

Still awesome campaing though, and definitely worth playing trough multiple times.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2569 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Being able to play with bots in every multiplayer game mode is awesome. I had my headset on, trash talking, and really getting into it, then I realized that I was playing with 9 other bots, I wasn't even online, just playing with bots. It's like you don't even need XBL gold to have a great experience with this game. It's truly the total package.

TPOJ-TPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2570 TPOJ-TPO
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts
[QUOTE="IshmaelSonata"]

ZimpanX

Yeah exactly. I expected something like RAAM, instead I just had to aim and hold the fire button and it was over in like 20 seconds, wtf?

Still awesome campaing though, and definitely worth playing trough multiple times.

It wasn't meant to be hard or challenging, you're just susposed to blow the Lambet Brumack up. Besides, there's nothing better they could've doen with it after riding the Brumack.

They wanted to give us a blockbuster ending, and we got it.

TPOJ-TPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2571 TPOJ-TPO
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

Does anyone else now feel that Gears 2 should have been a 9.5/10? It's fun, it has a good and better story, it's balanced just right, and every vehicle moment in the game wasn't bad...at all.

So what if the game had "Too many questions", if they watched after the credits...you know what I mean.

But atleast it's still AAA.

jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2572 jasonheyman
Member since 2006 • 1683 Posts

I don't think it was "horrible" just short. You can tell epic concentrated on game-play more than anything! I have been on-line and the load times are terrible and glitches every so often. Hopefully they can update and fix these problems.

Did I miss this or does anyone know what happened to Dizzy? Or did he just fade off in the story as a mystery?....

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2573 ZimpanX

Did I miss this or does anyone know what happened to Dizzy? Or did he just fade off in the story as a mystery?....

jasonheyman

[spoiler] Yeah I noticed that too, he will probably make a comeback I'm sure.

Maybe as an end result of that torturing? Because do we ever get to know why the Locust are doing it? Or did I just not pay enough attention to that? :P [/spoiler]
jasonheyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2574 jasonheyman
Member since 2006 • 1683 Posts

And does anyone know for sure how this on-line multiplayer ranking system works? I played with my friends and one had three gold strips we lost a match his strips went back to gray we played again and won that match and he got his gold strips back.

So is it based on points? On kills and downs? Can you always rank down if your team loses? Does anyone know for sure or heard how this works??

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2575 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts

Does anyone else now feel that Gears 2 should have been a 9.5/10? It's fun, it has a good and better story, it's balanced just right, and every vehicle moment in the game wasn't bad...at all.

So what if the game had "Too many questions", if they watched after the credits...you know what I mean.

But atleast it's still AAA.

TPOJ-TPO

I would give it a 8.5-9

JakeTD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2576 JakeTD21
Member since 2007 • 1631 Posts
I can already seem myself playing the campaign at least 5 times, and I haven't even finished one playthrough.
D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2577 D00nut
Member since 2003 • 7618 Posts
Wow, what an awesome package. It's so fun to play! Horde mode of all things is truly the best part, since being able to try to survive waves of locusts with friends makes everything better. I've already had hilarious moments on Day One where we fend off the Maulers and Bloodmounts on the upper levels.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2578 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

WOW, i'm really impressed with how much they fixed gears of war 2 over gears of war 1. It handles smoother, and has no frame rate problems, liek the first was riddled with. Much more storyline, and a full game instead of a short one. I'm thinkign its better than the first one, and should have gotten a 9.5-10 IMO.

Took me and my bro 4 horus to complete all 50 waves of horde mode... that's pretty damn hard to do.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2579 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

i cant belive how many people are saying the ending is horrible..i thought it was really cool while leaving you with something to think about for gears of war 3.

did anybody actually wait to see what happens after the credits?

D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2580 D00nut
Member since 2003 • 7618 Posts

i cant belive how many people are saying the ending is horrible..i thought it was really cool while leaving you with something to think about for gears of war 3.

lawlessx
They pretty much pulled a Metal Gear Solid ending with that, so yeah I don't see why people are upset with the ending. The ending had enough to show for it in my thoughts. I think it was just the boss battle that people hated.
jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2581 jeezers
[QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]

marcus's dad created the locusts thats my gues. THATS RIGHT , I SAID IT

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2582 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

D00nut

They pretty much pulled a Metal Gear Solid ending with that, so yeah I don't see why people are upset with the ending. The ending had enough to show for it in my thoughts. I think it was just the boss battle that people hated.

yeah it was over pretty quickly,but the entire campaign was alot better than the first gears. hopefully Epic gets the same guy who did the writing to help with gears of war 3,because this guy just saved this game from being a major disappointment.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2583 lawlessx

jeezers

the locust queen is marcus's mother. :lol:

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2584 ZimpanX

lawlessx

That actually wouldn't surprise me, lol.
jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2585 jeezers
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

ZimpanX

before i beat gears 2 i thought the queen would end up being doms wife lol

GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2586 GoldenGlove
Member since 2002 • 4699 Posts

jeezers

**SPOILER**

No, my guess is that the Locust tricked the COGS into sinking Jacinto for them. They had Marcus' fathers voice speaking about how sinking Jacinto would be the only way to stop them, but after the credits Marcus' dad says, "Oh my, what have you done?"...

So my take was that the Locust had either recorded or regenerated Adam Fenix's voice to say that if Jacinto were sunken it would end the Locust. But that was just a ploy by the Queen because they wanted to sink Jacinto anyway.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2587 jeezers
[QUOTE="jeezers"][QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]

GoldenGlove

**SPOILER**

No, my guess is that the Locust tricked the COGS into sinking Jacinto for them. They had Marcus' fathers voice speaking about how sinking Jacinto would be the only way to stop them, but after the credits Marcus' dad says, "Oh my, what have you done?"...

So my take was that the Locust had either recorded or regenerated Adam Fenix's voice to say that if Jacinto were sunken it would end the Locust. But that was just a ploy by the Queen because they wanted to sink Jacinto anyway.

See when macus's dad says that at the end of the credits, i thoguht it was like he had created the locuts and was like "what have you done" in third person lol.

The locust/human things in the test tubes made me think this aswell.

but ya your guess makes just as much sense

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2588 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
Yes!! My 360 is being sent back to me! Maybe I'll get to play Gears 2 this week. :D
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2589 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts
[QUOTE="ZimpanX"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]

jeezers

before i beat gears 2 i thought the queen would end up being doms wife lol

I thought that too but then I saw what really happened, and realised it made no sense chronologically anyway lol.
Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2590 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
I just beat gears 2!! OMG SO EPIC!!!!!
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2591 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Such an amazing campaign, now only if matchmaking didn't take an hour...
ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2592 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts
What the hells up with the Locust Queen, and Marcus' father?
ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2593 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts
[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"][QUOTE="jeezers"][QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]

jeezers

**SPOILER**

See when macus's dad says that at the end of the credits, i thoguht it was like he had created the locuts and was like "what have you done" in third person lol.

The locust/human things in the test tubes made me think this aswell.

but ya your guess makes just as much sense

Well, the opening credits would agree with his story about the Queenm and sinking Jacinto.

They tell of how all the COG's efforts and plans to fight back are all just keading them to there demise.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2594 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

My nephew should have his copy soon :)

On a side note I can't believe I'm still up playing Socom :?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2595 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
Such an amazing campaign, now only if matchmaking didn't take an hour...Toriko42
Yeah I started the campaign last night its prettty rockin ( just got upto landow and am fighting the tickers), question and i Just wanna make sure its not my box, the first mission when your protecting the outside of the hospital did anybody have any slowdown or is that just me?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2596 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Why is everyone complaining about matchmaking? I finally did some mp matches...and i was fine....nothing was truly bad or took forever when it came to multiplayer??

What i find annoying though is

-a shotgun blast doesn't stop a person from having his chainsawed reved(so chainsaw is now a beast)
-smoke gernades are cheap(BEYOND CHEAP)

I mean maybe i need time to adjust to the mp, but this game kind of changed the whole sty-le up for the gears mp....and im not sure if it was for the good.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2597 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Baird: Aw **** Cole don't start with that Juice crap again!

:lol:

THE JUICE IS BACK!!!

Seriously Cole is freaking hilarious. From his **** talking to his demeanor to him wearing sleeveless armor because his arms are just that freaking big lol.

I'm playing CO-OP and I get pissed when I get Baird instead of Cole. Why? Because Cole ***** people up. The Cole Train doesn't hide behind cover and shoot like Baird no no. The Battle Field is like a giant train track and THE COLE TRAIN IS COMING!!!

I'm like wonder where Cole Train is.....I hit L1.....heh Cole Train already ahead of me deep into enemy lines sawing people up or shot gun blastin some fools into the ground talking loud and angry.

He has some pretty nice words for the Locust leader as well.

JUICE!

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2598 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

I didn't believe Epic when they said Gears of War 2 would be bigger and badder. The campaign was so much better than the first one.

I mostly played horde public mp. The farthest wave I got to so far was wave 37. I love the type of teamwork you need on the higher waves.
JediRiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2599 JediRiff
Member since 2007 • 2159 Posts

Gears Campaign - fantastic!!!

Multiplayer - I still dont know, lol... I cannot break away from Horde! I've already beaten level 50, but I keep going back and playing it again!

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2600 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Baird: Aw **** Cole don't start with that Juice crap again!

:lol:

THE JUICE IS BACK!!!

Seriously Cole is freaking hilarious. From his **** talking to his demeanor to him wearing sleeveless armor because his arms are just that freaking big lol.

I'm playing CO-OP and I get pissed when I get Baird instead of Cole. Why? Because Cole ***** people up. The Cole Train doesn't hide behind cover and shoot like Baird no no. The Battle Field is like a giant train track and THE COLE TRAIN IS COMING!!!

I'm like wonder where Cole Train is.....I hit L1.....heh Cole Train already ahead of me deep into enemy lines sawing people up or shot gun blastin some fools into the ground talking loud and angry.

He has some pretty nice words for the Locust leader as well.

JUICE!

Blackbond

Man, the scene where Cole was officially re-introduced in Gears 2 was freaking awesome. Made him look ten times more badass than everyone else in the game combined. :lol: