Oblivion with guns!!!

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

Ok so I watched those two new vids on Fallout 3. Pretty clear now that this game will ruin the Fallout franchise. I have a million and one complaints I could write about of what I saw, but I won't. I love how the game is completely gray and very choppy.. :roll:

What do you guys think?

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
I thought it looked pretty good. I'll be getting it for sure.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts
Boohoo. Things change, don't be afraid of it. It looks like a great game, so stop whining.
jack_russel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jack_russel
Member since 2004 • 6544 Posts
I like how all 100 of the fallout fans are coming out of the woodwork to hate on fallout 3. Get over it.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
I hope you guys can forgive me for saying this but the whole Oblivion with guns thing pretty much sells it to me. Sorry.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xsubtownerx

Boohoo. Things change, don't be afraid of it. It looks like a great game, so stop whining.MADVLAD123

Explain why it looks like a great game. I saw a horrible looking FPS game from those vids.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MADVLAD123

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]Boohoo. Things change, don't be afraid of it. It looks like a great game, so stop whining.xsubtownerx

Explain why it looks like a great game. I saw a horrible looking FPS game from those vids.

I don't have to explain. You started this thread and discussion. You're the one that's supposed to be raising points of defence and other counter-attacks.

So what you do now is say why you think it looks horrible. Then I will argue on what you said. So far you've made no points in this arguement.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xsubtownerx
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]Boohoo. Things change, don't be afraid of it. It looks like a great game, so stop whining.MADVLAD123

I don't have to explain. You started this thread and discussion. You're the one that's supposed to be raising points of defence and other counter-attacks.

So what you do now is say why you think it looks horrible. Then I will argue on what you said. So far you've made no points in this arguement.

The game looks gray and choppy. The animation looks sub-par for a first person shooter, and that's the kicker. This is supposed to be an RPG. And why was the guy able to hold so many weapons? Just like a shooter.. even though this is supposed to be an RPG. And why was he able to switch up weapons so easily? In the real Fallouts, you'd take some good damage if you did that.

..I could go on you know.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I like how all 100 of the fallout fans are coming out of the woodwork to hate on fallout 3. Get over it.jack_russel

I doubt most of them would care much if it were named "Fallout: Into Oblivion" or "Fallout: Shades of Chernobyl" or something along those lines. What most of them have against it is that it is nothing like the first two Fallout games and is both named "Fallout 3" and has been claimed to be a "direct sequel."
vash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 vash47
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts

[QUOTE="jack_russel"]I like how all 100 of the fallout fans are coming out of the woodwork to hate on fallout 3. Get over it.foxhound_fox

I doubt most of them would care much if it were named "Fallout: Into Oblivion" or "Fallout: Shades of Chernobyl" or something along those lines. What most of them have against it is that it is nothing like the first two Fallout games and is both named "Fallout 3" and has been claimed to be a "direct sequel."

Exactly, just like Tactics.

But NO! "Let's ruin the franchise just like what we did with the Elder scrolls. "

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]Boohoo. Things change, don't be afraid of it. It looks like a great game, so stop whining.xsubtownerx

The game looks gray and choppy. The animation looks sub-par for a first person shooter, and that's the kicker. This is supposed to be an RPG. And why was the guy able to hold so many weapons? Just like a shooter.. even though this is supposed to be an RPG. And why was he able to switch up weapons so easily? In the real Fallouts, you'd take some good damage if you did that.

..I could go on you know.

Then go on. I want to argue all of your nit-picky and insignificant arguements.

1. Gray? It's a post-apocalyptic world. Butterflies and Rainbows wouldn't really fit in in that sort of world. Not to mention in the screenshots for when the character is in the vaults, you see plenty of color.

2. Choppy? The framerate was fine, and if you wanted amazingly perfect framerate give it some time...the game hasn't gone gold yet. They can still work that out.

3. "And why was the guy able to hold so many weapons? Just like a shooter.. even though this is supposed to be an RPG." Uuum...you ever play an RPG. The friggen characters always hold insane amounts of stuff. I'm pretty sure in shooters they have less weapons on hand than in RPGs.

4a: Maybe he had hotkeys like in Oblivion, you can switch weapons easily....and why should easy switching be a porblem. That makes it much easier and funner for the gamer.

4b: "In the real Fallouts..bla bla" Like I said before, quit whining. Things change, and you can't stop it. Not to mention games NEED to change in order to stay fresh and fun. If we kept getting the same fallouts over and over people would get bored.

SO like I sad: Keep going.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
Boohoo. Things change, don't be afraid of it. It looks like a great game, so stop whining.MADVLAD123
theres a big difference from changeing things here and there and completely changing the core of a game seris. what would happen if halo 3 all of a sudden was about stealth? even if the stealth elements were good it still wouldn't sit well with fans becuse thats not what makes halo a halo games. what if MGS changed into an FPS? you don't change the core of a game seris
Phenom316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phenom316
Member since 2008 • 1650 Posts
Those video's wer INSANE!
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MADVLAD123

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]Boohoo. Things change, don't be afraid of it. It looks like a great game, so stop whining.Ragashahs
theres a big difference from changeing things here and there and completely changing the core of a game seris. what would happen if halo 3 all of a sudden was about stealth? even if the stealth elements were good it still wouldn't sit well with fans becuse thats not what makes halo a halo games. what if MGS changed into an FPS? you don't change the core of a game seris

If I still get quality gameplay in the end, the same storyline, and I have lots of fun with it like before, I would not mind.

It's like Resident Evil 4 when people complained that it was changing the series. Guess what, Resident Evil 4 brought the series back into the spotlight and it made it fun again. Sometimes drastic changes are better for a series in order to expand it/ make it better. And if it works as well as it did for Resident Evil 4, people should not be complaining about FAllout 3.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

...what? ugh there is too much fps in my RPG, waiter please take it back.

Of course I cant say the game is going to suck outright, after such a short demo, but it was a bit of a dissapointment in a few ways. For a game combat focused the combat doesent look great. It looks just as akward as oblvions *hack hack hack* with a sword.

Bah at least Deus Ex did it right in 2001.

-Montauk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Montauk-
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts
I think it looks cool but I can see what you mean about the resemblances to Oblivion. But I never played a Fallout game before so I'm hyped and I don't care what all you Fallout fanboys think about it. So ha.
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]Boohoo. Things change, don't be afraid of it. It looks like a great game, so stop whining.MADVLAD123

If I still get quality gameplay in the end, the same storyline, and I have lots of fun with it like before, I would not mind.

It's like Resident Evil 4 when people complained that it was changing the series. Guess what, Resident Evil 4 brought the series back into the spotlight and it made it fun again. Sometimes drastic changes are better for a series in order to expand it/ make it better. And if it works as well as it did for Resident Evil 4, people should not be complaining about FAllout 3.

i don't devny RE4 was a good game however RE4 is not a true resident evil game again what made a RE game a RE game was teh survival horror part. the point of RE was to conserve ammo and flee as you tried to survive as long as possible not have a rediculously powerful weapon and shoot ever thing that moves. RE4 didn't even have a scary element to it. all previous games use to scare the **** out of me(probably cause i was little but anywho) and nothing in RE4 scares you once you realize you can shoot it's head off with ammount of ammo it gives. you can make drastic changes to a game seris while keeping it's core teh same. look at the transtion made from MGS1-4 each and every game has been drastrically different but at it's core it's always a stealth action game
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 skrat_01

4b: "In the real Fallouts..bla bla" Like I said before, quit whining. Things change, and you can't stop it. Not to mention games NEED to change in order to stay fresh and fun. If we kept getting the same fallouts over and over people would get bored.

MADVLAD123

Things change.

One of the worst excuses ever.

Because making one of the best RPG series ever into a combat focused open world shooter with 'arrr peee geee' elements its a perfect example of 'why change is great'.

Of course the game HAS to be soooo much better with the THREEEDEEE GRAPPHHIX and MOAR SHOOTING.

StealthPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StealthPanda
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
I actually liked it a lot. The whole precision aiming thing looks really awesome, and how they were blowing limbs off like that. The game will be awesome.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 foxhound_fox

MADVLAD123

But it wasn't this. Those gameplay elements are fine but they took all the "survival" and "horror" out of the game. Watching the Hookman version freaks me out, I couldn't imagine playing it. Resident Evil is a survival horror series, not an action-TPS series. At least Resident Evil 5 will hopefully be bringing back more of the "horror" aspect.
BK-Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#21 BK-Sleeper
Member since 2006 • 2686 Posts
Yeah. Oblivion with guns doesn't sound that bad.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]If I still get quality gameplay in the end, the same storyline, and I have lots of fun with it like before, I would not mind.

foxhound_fox

But it wasn't this. Those gameplay elements are fine but they took all the "survival" and "horror" out of the game. Watching the Hookman version freaks me out, I couldn't imagine playing it. Resident Evil is a survival horror series, not an action-TPS series. At least Resident Evil 5 will hopefully be bringing back more of the "horror" aspect.

That's a matter of opinion. I found that I had to "survive" a lot throughout the game since I had to manage my ammo and was attacked on all fronts all the time. And I also found that the game had a lot of scary moments in it like: the knight room, Salzar's bodyguard in the sewers, IT, and many things things.

I got all the "survival horror" out of RE4 that I needed, and I think it was on par with the amount of "survival horror" in the original Resident Evils.

Also my other point was that these revamps bring the games back into the spotlight... If Capcom kept doing the same game over and over just to please those hardcore fans, there would be no evolution in the games and they also would not be appealing to more audiences, which all companies try to do (rememeber that thing called money?).

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

skrat_01

Things change.

One of the worst excuses ever.

Because making one of the best RPG series ever into a combat focused open world shooter with 'arrr peee geee' elements its a perfect example of 'why change is great'.

Of course the game HAS to be soooo much better with the THREEEDEEE GRAPPHHIX and MOAR SHOOTING.

1. Not one of the worst excuses ever...it's just the way things work. All things change, and you can't keep complaing about it. And why do I need an excuse all of a sudden for saying Fallout 3 will be great?

2. Like I said before, people didn't appreciate RE4's change either...but it turned out amazing. CHANGE sometimes= good. So the lesson is, don't complain about it until you actually play it.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
Oblivion was great. It's up there with OOT in my opinion.
jeffwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jeffwulf
Member since 2004 • 1569 Posts

I hope you guys can forgive me for saying this but the whole Oblivion with guns thing pretty much sells it to me. Sorry.Riverwolf007

bad game + guns = must buy? Sounds like a stupid formula.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 foxhound_fox
That's a matter of opinion. I found that I had to "survive" a lot throughout the game since I had to manage my ammo and was attacked on all fronts all the time. And I also found that the game had a lot of scary moments in it like: the knight room, Salzar's bodyguard in the sewers, IT, and many things things.

I got all the "survival horror" out of RE4 that I needed, and I think it was on par with the amount of "survival horror" in the original Resident Evils.

Also my other point was that these revamps bring the games back into the spotlight... If Capcom kept doing the same game over and over just to please those hardcore fans, there would be no evolution in the games and they also would not be appealing to more audiences, which all companies try to do (rememeber that thing called money?).

MADVLAD123

Play either the Resident Evil Remake or Resident Evil 0 on Gamecube and come back to me and tell me what a "survival horror" game is. Resident Evil 4 is neither "survival" nor "horror." You are a one-man army. You trip over ammo, can carry a ridiculous amount of weapons and get unlimited saves. That and the "scariest" thing in the game is the Regenerators and even then they are just "creepy."

The Hookman version of RE4 would have been a successful Resident Evil title. They never needed to capture the mainstream action-oriented audience to make money. Resident Evil had an already huge following well before RE4. The gameplay elements used in RE4 could easily have been put into the Hookman version of the game and allowed "progress" to have been made without sacrificing the foundation that the series had developed so far. Which was a dark, scary place filled with ZOMBIES that were the result of experiments done by Umbrella. Not only is Umbrella nearly completely absent from RE4 but there are no ZOMBIES.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 skrat_01

1. Not one of the worst excuses ever...it's just the way things work. All things change, and you can't keep complaing about it. And why do I need an excuse all of a sudden for saying Fallout 3 will be great?

2. Like I said before, people didn't appreciate RE4's change either...but it turned out amazing. CHANGE sometimes= good. So the lesson is, don't complain about it until you actually play it.

MADVLAD123

1. Fallout is a role playing game.

2. Yes Resident Evils design changed into more action orientated than a cinematic survival horror, however it was still fundementally a survival horror game. It had the cinematic action of the others, and the horror elements were rather being overwhelmed by smarter 'zombies', and changing situations, rather than an akward control shceme in very confined spaces.(however this did fall apart towards the end and in areas admittedly - you became a walking tank)

Change is not automatically good, nor is it automatically for the best.

Fallout 3s change completely obliterates the fundementals it was built apon. As the video clearly showed, it is the shooting and gore that Beth wanted to impress the audience with the most.... which says alot about their main audience they are targeting and the change in game design. The Fallout series alowed you to completely make your own adventure, and the freedom to do build up a character and do anything, without such design restrictions. Fallout 3 from the previews and that trailer has a much bigger emphesis on 'killing stuff', and on that note, it doesent even do that very well. I dont see why they didnt have a turn based, or slowed down realtime isometric combat, consistantly, rather than the crummy first person shooting, which looks poor next to any fps.

There are some elements that would have to change for such a sequal, yes, however it was unessesary to change the games whole freaking design, that had earnt it such a high position as one of the greatest games ever mande.

Because when somthing is soo good, and still stands heads and shoulders above everything else over a decade later, the right thing to do is to completely change the sucessful formula and make the game into somthing that lacks anything that made its highly acclaimed predacessors so sucessful?

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
Where can I watch teh vid?
-Montauk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Montauk-

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]I hope you guys can forgive me for saying this but the whole Oblivion with guns thing pretty much sells it to me. Sorry.jeffwulf

It's bad game because they took a series you liked and "ruined" it? Maybe you should wait until you can play it. Or just stay narrow minded and possibly miss out on a game you just might like however improbable you think that may be.
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts

i'd get it if 1) I had the money 2) I had a 360 3) I already had all the better games on the 360

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MADVLAD123

I can't argue with both of you at the same time, unfortunately. But I'll leave you a paraphrase of the last line of the last post (or was it my 2nd last post?).

Don't judge the game until you play it. For all you know, there might be more to the game than just killing (which there obviously will be, as indicated by past previews/interviews with Bethesda).

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

MADVLAD123

Here's a point: Oblivion With Guns is not a real Fallout game.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="jeffwulf"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]I hope you guys can forgive me for saying this but the whole Oblivion with guns thing pretty much sells it to me. Sorry.-Montauk-

It's bad game because they took a series you liked and "ruined" it? Maybe you should wait until you can play it. Or just stay narrow minded and possibly miss out on a game you just might like however improbable you think that may be.

I think by bad game, he meant Oblivion

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]I don't have to explain. You started this thread and discussion. You're the one that's supposed to be raising points of defence and other counter-attacks.

Pariah_001

Here's a point: Oblivion With Guns is not a real Fallout game.

dude I've argued too much. Read the other posts by me 'fore you start arguing with my 2nd post....I say all I need to say there.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 foxhound_fox
I can't argue with both of you at the same time, unfortunately. But I'll leave you a paraphrase of the last line of the last post (or was it my 2nd last post?).

Don't judge the game until you play it. For all you know, there might be more to the game than just killing (which there obviously will be, as indicated by past previews/interviews with Bethesda).

MADVLAD123

To this day I have yet to see someone who criticizes Fallout 3 for "not being Fallout" claim that it will be a "bad" or even "average" game. Many of them even admit it will most likely be a "good" game, just not "Fallout."
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]I can't argue with both of you at the same time, unfortunately. But I'll leave you a paraphrase of the last line of the last post (or was it my 2nd last post?).

foxhound_fox

To this day I have yet to see someone who criticizes Fallout 3 for "not being Fallout" claim that it will be a "bad" or even "average" game. Many of them even admit it will most likely be a "good" game, just not "Fallout."

xsubtownerx

That's the only thing I was arguing with^^.

Not all of the Fallout fans. Just this guy who thinks it will be bad.

-Montauk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Montauk-
[QUOTE="-Montauk-"][QUOTE="jeffwulf"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]I hope you guys can forgive me for saying this but the whole Oblivion with guns thing pretty much sells it to me. Sorry.Juggernaut140

I think by bad game, he meant Oblivion

Ohhhh... I see. I think it sounds like a pretty good idea :P Maybe done as a new IP or something because it seems they've angered a lo of people by making a new Fallout.
CFFAguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CFFAguy
Member since 2005 • 943 Posts
I think it looks more like STALKER but set in the US instead of Russia.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 skrat_01

MADVLAD123

Im judging the game off previews and the videos.

How else do you or any person judge a game to be released?

If there are indications there, why ignore it.

And yes those are previews with Bethseda who are notorious for self promotion and keeping the hype machine. If evidence from Oblivion wasn't enough, you should read more objective previews, even the NMA ones do their best to separate fact from opinion, comparing it to its predecessors, in previews, rather than glossing over the game.

jeffwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jeffwulf
Member since 2004 • 1569 Posts
[QUOTE="jeffwulf"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]I hope you guys can forgive me for saying this but the whole Oblivion with guns thing pretty much sells it to me. Sorry.-Montauk-

I have played Oblivion, and it was bad.

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pariah_001
That's my opinion as well. Oblivion was a bad game. If Oblivion with Guns is modeled after Oblivion, then there's not much chance that I will find it to be a good game let alone a Fallout game.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
From the gameplay I saw it looks pretty cool.
piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 piercetruth34
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts
I'm a fallout fan and think it looks perfect. I tend to think the people hating on it aren't fallout fans and just like to complain. What fallout fan wouldn't think this game looks great?
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

It looks alright if you call it a shooter, but considering the games meant to be an rpg...

Its really ripped its roots to pieces from what I've seen, not that it won't be enjoyable I'll still be getting the game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 foxhound_fox
I'm a fallout fan and think it looks perfect. I tend to think the people hating on it aren't fallout fans and just like to complain. What fallout fan wouldn't think this game looks great?piercetruth34

The ones who enjoyed the role-playing aspects of the originals.
piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 piercetruth34
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts

[QUOTE="piercetruth34"]I'm a fallout fan and think it looks perfect. I tend to think the people hating on it aren't fallout fans and just like to complain. What fallout fan wouldn't think this game looks great?foxhound_fox

The ones who enjoyed the role-playing aspects of the originals.

It has all the same perks and roleplaying elements of the original. It actually seems like they added a lot and it will be a lot more immersive. What did the originals have that this doesn't from an rpg perspective?

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pariah_001

It has all the same perks and roleplaying elements of the original.piercetruth34

No it doesn't. Just because it uses SPECIAL, that doesn't suddenly dispel the fact that it is, above and beyond, a shooter. Character builders play odds; not depend on the player's twitich movements.

It actually seems like they added a lot and it will be a lot more immersive. What did the originals have that this doesn't from an rpg perspective?piercetruth34

How about the fact that you're able to beat the game without even firing a bullet.

Emil made it clear that you have to kill and fire guns in Oblivion with Guns.

papi_lekker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 papi_lekker
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts
oblivion fanbase of 5 million>>>>>>>>>10000 hardcore fallout fans

we dont give a hood about those fallout fans. bethesda made the best decision. and why is it so bad. the game looks amazing and definitly has a big shot at rpg of the year. Oblivion was an amazing game, why make it such a negative thing it plays allot like oblivion?
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
oblivion fanbase of 5 million>>>>>>>>>10000 hardcore fallout fans

we dont give a hood about those fallout fans. bethesda made the best decision. and why is it so bad. the game looks amazing and definitly has a big shot at rpg of the year. Oblivion was an amazing game, why make it such a negative thing it plays allot like oblivion?
papi_lekker
there is alot more fallout fans than oblivion and it's because it has been around alot longer and is one of the best games of all time.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 foxhound_fox
It has all the same perks and roleplaying elements of the original. It actually seems like they added a lot and it will be a lot more immersive. What did the originals have that this doesn't from an rpg perspective? piercetruth34

The ability to choose whether or not you want to fight, flee or solve the problem while being non-combative. In Fallout 3, Bethesda has admitted that the player will be forced to fight in certain situations.

And graphics aren't the sole thing that makes a game immersive. Mostly it is the quality of writing and character/world development that makes a game truly immersive.