Now that the remake of a remaster of a game COD MW has been out for some time, can we...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

mrbojangles25  Online

Poll Now that the remake of a remaster of a game COD MW has been out for some time, can we... (15 votes)

Yes, I was against it but take it back. I'm a big silly goose and letting PC and console players wasn't the end of the world. 7%
No, I was against it then, and I am against it now. No retreat! NO SURRENDER! 27%
Yeah I was for it and I am happy it worked out. 40%
Wait, what? 27%

can we talk about cross-platform gaming?

So COD: MW has been out for some time, I think the whole notion of cross-platform gaming has proven to be a success.

I think a lot of people were against it initially because they thought PC would have a greater advantage over console, but I don't think that's true.

A good console gamer will beat an average PC gamer, a good PC gamer will be an average console player.

Average players on any side are equals.

It might only matter at the highest tier of competition, but then again that's for the top 1% so it doesn't concern pretty much everyone.

So, what say you? Can we get some cross-platform games? I know I would love to play Diablo 4 with my console friends. Likewise, playing some Co-op in games like Borderlands, Destiny ,The Division 2, and so forth would be fantastic.

• 
hlcsbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 hlcsbaby
Member since 2003 • 195 Posts

I don't even like call of duty but I got it so I could play with friends on Xbox and PS4 while I'm comfy on my PC. I couldn't agree more with your assessment of average skilled players either. I am absolute trash and I'm using mouse and keyboard. Aim assist does it's job for console players.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

In a casual game like CoD, with a bunch of average gamers, I can imagine it doesn't matter much playing with M+KB against controller users. But an average M+KB user will always be better than an average controller user. So in a crossplay FPS title, using M+KB is like cheating. But yeah, doesn't matter when it's just a bunch of casuals. Everyone will probably have fun anyway. Console owners probably welcome more people to play with. PC gamers welcome easier targets.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

PC gamers get the advantage of faster reaction speeds thanks to mice.

But console gamers get an actual cheat in the form of aim assist.

So I think it evens out. That's at least what my experience has been playing mixed matches.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I’m a console gamer and don’t use aim assist. That PC advantage you talk about is BS.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@ButDuuude: Please provide evidence. How is a stick for aiming as fast as a PC mouse?

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I'm all for it. More choice for us.

However, give us an option to toggle it on or off. I'd rather just play with PS4 players but perhaps if i want to play with my friends on PC or Xbox, I can toggle it on and create lobby we all join.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

I'm all for it. More choice for us.

However, give us an option to toggle it on or off. I'd rather just play with PS4 players but perhaps if i want to play with my friends on PC or Xbox, I can toggle it on and create lobby we all join.

With COD MW, it's an "opt-in" option. I don't know how it is on console, but I believe it is toggled "on" (as in you get to play with all platforms) by default, but you can go to options and toggle it "off" if it matters to you. Whether or not Xbox and PS4 can still play together, I don't know, but it excludes PC platform. There are icons next to people's names indicating the platform they are on.

I'd like to see this model followed on more games, especially co-op games where PvP competition is not really a factor (and therefore there is no excuse, i.e. mouse is faster than stick for aiming). I believe Warframe is cross-platform and it is arguably one of the most successful free-to-play co-op game out there.

Anything that increases the pool of current, active players while allowing more people to play together on their platform of choice is a win-win in my books.

The only reason not to do cross-platform play is because you want to force people to buy a game on a specific brand of console. And that's just wrong.

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ButDuuude: Please provide evidence. How is a stick for aiming as fast as a PC mouse?

The only correct answer is "I don't use a mouse therefore stick is faster for me". It's a bullshit answer, and anyone clinging to this argument won't have their mind changed. They believe their preference = fact because they are simply uncomfortable saying "I know mouse is technically better but I prefer to use controller."

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@mrbojangles25:

This is the way forward. All for it.

Gaming consoles are becoming more and more alike anyway (besides switch) might as well let us play each other on our consoles.

Pc's might be trickier but i'm they'll figure it out.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

I'm glad it worked out. I wanted it back then and I support it in the future.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Im not that good, but everytime I'm stuck in a game full of console kiddies, I clean house. Most of my deaths are the result of killstreaks.

I have zero respect for console FPS players.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I'd love it if all fighting games allowed it.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Its great, cross play is awesome, everyone can can play together regardless of thier box, except switch, sorry switch

COD is my goty just for the cross play, its not the best game ever, but cross play is important and I'm just happy to see a popular AAA game support it

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I already toggled it off, I want to play with console only players. But with or without this game is already a shitfest, the respawns are a complete joke as the enemy seems to always respawns behind you, and the maps are painfully bad. I'm hoping of the rumors that some maps from the original MW will be returning soon.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

@vfighter: but will the poor respawns and terrible netcode make us dislike classic maps? I'm under the impression that the core mechanics are more to blame than the maps... but I guess we'll find out Tuesday.

I always turn off crossplay. PC's advantage is too great for me to accept.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

@vfighter said:

I already toggled it off, I want to play with console only players. But with or without this game is already a shitfest, the respawns are a complete joke as the enemy seems to always respawns behind you, and the maps are painfully bad. I'm hoping of the rumors that some maps from the original MW will be returning soon.

Yeah it's a shit game. Campaign is good and I'm glad to see they brought it back, but CoD is for the most part an online game, and when that shit is objectively terrible (in addition to being shitty old CoD multiplayer), it's a shitsunami.

I actually asked for a refund, but because I was able to struggle through 3 hours of the incredibly buggy campaign they said I "played a significant portion of the game" and wouldn't refund me.

Ah well that's what I get for impulse-buying a video game. I've been pretty good about that, honestly the whole cross-platform and amazing singleplayer is what sold me on it. Too bad I forgot for a moment I hate CoD multiplayer.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Don't expect it. His comment was to battle the negative comments about playing FPSs with controllers in this thread. It had no more thought behind it. Mouse being faster than a stick is a fact. There's nothing to argue about. He knows, hence why he hasn't replied.