Now that the PS3 version of GTA 4 is Freezing................

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Michael324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Michael324
Member since 2002 • 9437 Posts
And the X360 version of the game is doing JUST FINE! Which console do you think caused the game to be delayed?
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

X360 version has problems as well you know, after alot of missions and in load screens my copy of GTA4 freezes.

I say: Crap Q&A

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
I have it for the PS3, and I didn't get anymore freezing once they had the update.. Where does it freeze so I can avoid it haha.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts

FAIL!

now that I got that out of the way, PS3 version has been Patched, so theirs no more Problems. 360 freezes jsut as much as the PS3 version did.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts
my 360 copy runs perfect so far :)
Michael324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Michael324
Member since 2002 • 9437 Posts
I have it for the PS3, and I didn't get anymore freezing once they had the update.. Where does it freeze so I can avoid it haha. tmntPunchout
The X360 version didn't need a patch.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 black_awpN1

[QUOTE="tmntPunchout"]I have it for the PS3, and I didn't get anymore freezing once they had the update.. Where does it freeze so I can avoid it haha. Michael324
The X360 version didn't need a patch.

and PS3 did, so what. It dosent mean the 360 version is any better. Im sure theyll be a patch for 360 soon. Now both are the same, everyone wins.

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

this is yet another superior version thread......

360 version sold more on a global basis, the fall downloadable content will supposedly blow everybody away, make the 360 the definitive version, only PS3 fanboys wont be tempted by it, and the 360 version will have yet another spike when the dlc is released this holiday.

The consumer has and will continue to decree that the 360 version is more preferred, end of story.

river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts

i have the ps3 one. no freezing here... well i think once online, but it was a laggy room

Coredog777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Coredog777
Member since 2008 • 333 Posts

360 version sold more on a global basis, the fall downloadable content will supposedly blow everybody away, make the 360 the definitive version, only PS3 fanboys wont be tempted by it, and the 360 version will have yet another spike when the dlc is released this holiday.

The consumer has and will continue to decree that the 360 version is more preferred, end of story.

-GhostMLD-

they are both the same, but lets be real, you gotta be nuts not to want that exclusive content. You know its gonna be great stuff. GTA4 is like the sopranos, you just cant get enough.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 black_awpN1

-GhostMLD-

Yawn. Fanboys missout.

Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts

-GhostMLD-

You just committed a logical fallacy. I'll leave it up to you to figure out where it is...

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 black_awpN1
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

Coredog777

they are both the same, but lets be real, you gotta be nuts not to want that exclusive content. You know its gonna be great stuff. GTA4 is like the sopranos, you just cant get enough.

I have both Versions of GTA 4 personally. So I can play with my PSN freinds and my Live freinds. Also, by doing this I get all Content that might come to the Respective Platforms.

Coredog777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Coredog777
Member since 2008 • 333 Posts
[QUOTE="Coredog777"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

black_awpN1

I have both Versions of GTA 4 personally. So I can play with my PSN freinds and my Live freinds. Also, by doing this I get all Content that might come to the Respective Platforms.

well I guess so but if you had to choose one Im sure you would choose the one with exclusive content. HOw is the online anyway? I havent tried it out.

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

And the X360 version of the game is doing JUST FINE! Which console do you think caused the game to be delayed?Michael324

If you read the Gamespot article about this (which you didn't) then you would know that BOTH versions of the game are having this issue, while the PS3 has it somewhat more often from what Gamespot could determine.

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

And the X360 version of the game is doing JUST FINE! Which console do you think caused the game to be delayed?Michael324

Erm...... no its not...... the error is occuring on both consoles.........

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
so you've been a sleep for two weeks?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
umm ps3? regardless of freezing...ect *both systems have had problems with this game, BOTH*

Rockstar confirmed that the ps3 was the cause for this games delay, they CONFIRMED IT! so forget about freezing, and other problems because both systems have experienced it, rockstar confiremd a while ago the ps3 was the cause of the delay cause it took so much longer to get optimized and up to the quality of the 360 version.

P.S: gta 4 sucks its not worth a 10, it has all these problems on both systems, obvious glitches and yet it didn't get points deducted for those glitches, the storyline is shallow and slow, and well the online is just idiotic....and the myrid of other problems point to the fact GTA4 sucked and it only got 10s cause it was the next big thing.
CytrusNatural

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CytrusNatural
Member since 2007 • 132 Posts

yes im sure people will buy a 360 for GTA4 because it has downloadable content :roll: oh ya and it wont be free... oh ya and u need to pay for XBL.. oh ya it has longer loading times.... oh ya it has more jaggies

lemmings are teh funny

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

yes im sure people will buy a 360 for GTA4 because it has downloadable content :roll: oh ya and it wont be free... oh ya and u need to pay for XBL.. oh ya it has longer loading times.... oh ya it has more jaggies

lemmings are teh funny

CytrusNatural

people ARE buying 360's for GTA4. They are also buying more 360 versions total then PS3 versions.

wont be free but what expansion pack is????? Because the average consumer cares about a SLIVER of jaggies and loading times.... :roll:

You can download it with a Silver account, which is free. Seriously ur blind, buy a 360 Arcade and get in on the action.

Avatar image for hairy_bubblegum
hairy_bubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hairy_bubblegum
Member since 2005 • 671 Posts
the 360 version will freeze... in the form of RROD!!!!!
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 black_awpN1
[QUOTE="CytrusNatural"]

lemmings are teh funny

-GhostMLD-

people ARE buying 360's for GTA4. They are also buying more 360 versions total then PS3 versions.

wont be free but what expansion pack is????? Because the average consumer cares about a SLIVER of jaggies and loading times.... :roll:

You can download it with a Silver account, which is free. Seriously ur blind, buy a 360 Arcade and get in on the action.

There also buying PS3s for GTA 4. Probaly more so than 360 WW.

bphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bphan
Member since 2005 • 1666 Posts
I hear the PS3 version is gonna need another patch or firmware update. They should have released the PS3 version later to fix the bugs.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

1) People with 360s have also been reporting freezing issue on their version of GTA4. ALthough the number is less, it is still occurring.

2) A patch was released last week already that, according to reports, has fixed many of the problems people have been having. I personally had freezing problems the very first day I bought GTA4 (for PS3) and couldn't get online at all. Since the patch I've played a ton online and single player and haven't had a single problem with freezing or getting booted.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

the 360 version will freeze... in the form of RROD!!!!!hairy_bubblegum

*facepalm*

Although it is incredible how MS have created a console that can both freeze and burn.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
wow,, how can people still be so uninformed about this subject?..even the sticky is gone for days.... that's how old this is
MartinMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MartinMan
Member since 2005 • 1486 Posts
My PS3 copy of the game runs just fine, has been ever since I got it.
skirlnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 skirlnik
Member since 2004 • 909 Posts

So now the "definitive" version has longer loading times, slightly less technically proficient presentation, and costs me $60 + whatever two episodes will cost + an undetermined, presumably unlimited in-that-XBL-will-probably-never-be-free fee to play online + poor quality hardware to be run on?

Yup, I'm good with my copy (PS3). Lovin' it.

And on-topic - mine has never frozen, and the people on my friends list who had that problem (about 4/30, as far as they discussed it with me) have not had a problem since the patch.

GTA4 was delayed? That sucks! I live in the present, where I'm, you know, playing the games that are out.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts
um the 360 version has its problems to. The very first time I popped it in the game froze before it could even load. It has nothing to do with the hardware of either system.
asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

-GhostMLD-

Do you think the DLC (much less both that are planned) will fit on the 256 MB memory card that comes with the arcade package? As far as I know, add-ons aren't under the same file size restriction as XBLA titles.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

I'm a little hesitant to get into this one but wth, the big answer here seems to be both freeze, but if the PS3 was the only version to get a patch doesn't that right there say the main problems were with the PS3 version?

Maybe I'm not thinking this through correctly but the only thing we really have to go on here in no patch for 360 versus multiple patches for the PS3.

I've not seen one lock up for my 360 version yet Caseypayne was griping about his PS3 version not working and when I asked him later if the patch fixed it he never answered even though he was here and I bumped the question more than a few times.

I would think the patch alone tells you the answer here but maybe I'm not thinking it through correctly.

I guess no matter what the answer is it does not really mean too much since we will eventually see a patch for this game on 360 just like 95% of all the rest of the games I have on it have had.

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
Cows STILL trying to convince everyone the 360 version is as buggy as the PS3 version was...Typical
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

Cows STILL trying to convince everyone the 360 version is as buggy as the PS3 version was...TypicalDXGreat1_HGL

It isn't AS buggy, but neither are bug free.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts

Cows STILL trying to convince everyone the 360 version is as buggy as the PS3 version was...TypicalDXGreat1_HGL

the ps3 version as buggy as you claim.

also your blog sucks.

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
I got the PS3 version and never got freezing problems.
lightningbugx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lightningbugx
Member since 2005 • 627 Posts

In experience, most of the problems exist between the TV screen and the couch. I have no problems with my X360 version, and my launch X360 never has went RROD. Although, I have a co-worker that says his friend's copy has problems. They have the X360 version, but I believe the problem is his hardware, not the game's software.

Most of the userbase is X360, but most of the complaints are PS3. This logically means that the PS3 has more problems. Also, the PS3 GTA 4 patch only reduced the number of problems, not solve them.

gdp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gdp72
Member since 2007 • 1270 Posts
WOW the TC must live in outer space! Lemmings claiming that the Xbox version is suffering from zero problems haven't been reading the message boards. Plus I witnessed the Xobx version freeze twice in a row at my brothers house. My 60GB PS3 hasn't froze once after 24 hours of playing time and now the patch is installed, I bet my version will run fine.
u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 u8muhrice
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts
uhh isnt the freezing an issue for both consoles?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Floppy_Jim

uhh isnt the freezing an issue for both consoles?u8muhrice

No no, you see, this is System Wars- where the Xbox 360 can do no wrong.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

If anyone has links to the 360 version freezing I would appreciate because I'm not aware of any news that the 360 version freezing but I've read reports about disc read errors. Also TC don't forget some people still can't get online or get disconnected from online with the PS3 version.

u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 u8muhrice

If anyone has links to the 360 version freezing I would appreciate because I'm not aware of any news that the 360 version freezing but I've read reports about disc read errors. Also TC don't forget some people still can't get online or get disconnected from online with the PS3 version.

ReverseCycology

better yet, heres a video:

HERE

i thought it was well known fact that GTA freezes on both platforms

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Floppy_Jim

ReverseCycology

Oh, it's happening, just not quite as much as the PS3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwsqb9Twx8

http://xbox360.qj.net/Rockstar-support-looking-into-GTA4-freeze-issue/pg/49/aid/119161

http://www.aeropause.com/2008/04/reports-of-gta-iv-freezing-start-to-crop-up/

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?p=10888270

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=389655&page=1

As for the bolded part- why even point that out? Honestly, why?

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts

FAIL!

now that I got that out of the way, PS3 version has been Patched, so theirs no more Problems. 360 freezes jsut as much as the PS3 version did.

black_awpN1

Really? Do you have a link to a story claiming that the 360 version is suffering from the same massive problem as the PS3 version was?

u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 u8muhrice
[QUOTE="black_awpN1"]

FAIL!

Nedemis

Really? Do you have a link to a story claiming that the 360 version is suffering from the same massive problem as the PS3 version was?

Do you have a link to a story that claims other wise? The fact is that both systems suffers from the freezing problem. Theres no way to count the number of PS3 users who have freezing problems versus the number of Xbox users who have freezing problems. They both suffer and it seems like theres a good amount on both sides

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
[QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"]

FAIL!

u8muhrice

Do you have a link to a story that claims other wise? The fact is that both systems suffers from the freezing problem. Theres no way to count the number of PS3 users who have freezing problems versus the number of Xbox users who have freezing problems. They both suffer and it seems like theres a good amount on both sides

Sorry but the burden of proof lies with the 1st claim . so provide a link that the 360 version is just as bad as the PS3 or don't bother...

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Nedemis
[QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"]

FAIL!

u8muhrice

is that why the PS3 version is the ONLY one that needed a patch? :lol: Provide some proof that the problem is as wide spread for the 360 version as it was for the PS3?

btw....I have NEVER seen some of those loading images at all when GTA4 loads up for me leaving me to believe that those videos were made by some really upset cows that wanted to make the 360 version look as bad in terms of freezing.

u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 u8muhrice
[QUOTE="u8muhrice"][QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"]

FAIL!

DXGreat1_HGL

Sorry but the burden of proof lies with the 1st claim . so provide a link that the 360 version is just as bad as the PS3 or don't bother...

umm look one page back, i just posted a video of xbox freezing or you can look above with one guy showing links too.

I mean what do you want? a full out link war, where I post all these links for 360 freezing and then you post links for the ps3 and then we do a tally? Seriously, get real, both systems freezes

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nedemis
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="u8muhrice"][QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"]

FAIL!

u8muhrice

umm look one page back, i just posted a video of xbox freezing or you can look above with one guy showing links too.

I mean what do you want? a full out link war, where I post all these links for 360 freezing and then you post links for the ps3 and then we do a tally? Seriously, get real, both systems freezes

how about an actual article from a trust worthy source? ANYONE can make a video and then claim that as proof for what ever their side may be. The point is that 1 or 2 videos on youtube is hardly proof that the problem is as wide spread as there was with the PS3 version.
Vasichko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Vasichko
Member since 2004 • 2565 Posts
Massive PS3 issue? I got mine on PS3 and have had 0 freezes. In fact, no issues at all.
u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 u8muhrice
[QUOTE="u8muhrice"][QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"]

FAIL!

Nedemis

is that why the PS3 version is the ONLY one that needed a patch? :lol: Provide some proof that the problem is as wide spread for the 360 version as it was for the PS3?

btw....I have NEVER seen some of those loading images at all when GTA4 loads up for me leaving me to believe that those videos were made by some really upset cows that wanted to make the 360 version look as bad in terms of freezing.

seriously both of you have to get over youselves, look at Floppy Jim's post thats like 4 above yours and you can look at the forums.

Seriously, do you want me to post links of how many xboxes freezes and then you post how many ps3 freezes? Seriously both systems freezes.

Just because yours never did, doesnt mean every xbox doesnt too. I mean my ps3 never froze, but I know of cases were it did for my friend or even my other friend who has a 360.