No more hero's 2...blah returned it in 2 days

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamelova79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamelova79
Member since 2010 • 191 Posts

Rented it and played it for a few hours. Game is boring and the whole "universe" is just bland. I don't know what kind of people dig this but I'm not one of them. Then you play 8 bit games to power up and earn cash, just dumb.

No more hero's 2 is highly overated. Why is it getting hype?

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
You just don't get it, its not a game for everyone, those who it is for, love it.
OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

You just don't get it, its not a game for everyone, those who it is for, love it. 110million
This. I wouldn't say "you just don't get it", but the game is not for everyone. I liked it a lot.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
No More Heroes 1 is one of the best games I played this gen, so fresh and unique; playing it is like being in a stuffy room and stepping into fresh air. Although, once you strip it down to it's individual elements it may not be all that, but with everything together it's just so fun. I have No More Heroes 2 sitting on my shelf waiting to be played but my work schedule prevents me from doing so, but if it is anything like the original then I am in for a treat.
BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

Opinions. I don't like GTA IV. Boo hoo

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#6 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
And I think Halo is the biggest piece of overrated trash around. It's called opinion and taste.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

There have been dozens of games that I rented and didn't like, many of which were major releases. It happens.

standarddamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#8 standarddamage
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

And I think Halo is the biggest piece of overrated trash around. It's called opinion and taste.DerekLoffin

I feel the same about Halo 3 and ODST...but respect those who love the games. It's all about what you find fun.

I loved NMH and can't wait to play NMH2.

Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fried_Shrimp
Member since 2009 • 2902 Posts

No More Heroes 1 is one of the best games I played this gen, so fresh and unique; playing it is like being in a stuffy room and stepping into fresh air. Im_single
Yeah, it's much less pretentious than other games. It's not trying to be anything other than a videogame. Which is a good thing.

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

i'm playing it now, and i must say its a good game. we have different opinions. i thing GTA IV is the most overrated game this gen.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

[QUOTE="Im_single"]No More Heroes 1 is one of the best games I played this gen, so fresh and unique; playing it is like being in a stuffy room and stepping into fresh air. Fried_Shrimp

Yeah, it's much less pretentious than other games. It's not trying to be anything other than a videogame. Which is a good thing.

What is with you and the P word today?
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

NMH2 owns just like NMH1 did. :)

Enjoying it.

gulfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gulfo
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

its not a game for everyone 110million

indeed

shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts
what'd you expect from Suda51?
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

And I don't like Mass Effect and Metal Gear Solid. Hooray for personal choices!

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Your mind automatically hates the game because it wants your Wii to be treated the same as usual.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Opinions, everyone has them. Not everyone will love the game.

I however thought it was great. Im playin it again on biiter.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

Enjoying it.

Puckhog04
If that's the case, I guess I won't bother with NMH 2. I didn't like NMH as much, only cool things were boss battles and travis. Main gameplay was boring. Yet I still wanna give this game a shot, but I'll probably wait for it to go down like I did NMH.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shirokishi_

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Enjoying it.

yoshi_64

If that's the case, I guess I won't bother with NMH 2. I didn't like NMH as much, only cool things were boss battles and travis. Main gameplay was boring. Yet I still wanna give this game a shot, but I'll probably wait for it to go down like I did NMH.

The henchmen fights to get to the bosses are still there but there are more boss fights and they are better than the first IMO, plus you no longer have to pay a fee to fight them. Many improvements have been made from the first, 2 is a better game. Id say youll like 2 more.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Enjoying it.

Shirokishi_

The henchmen fights to get to the bosses are still there but there are more boss fights and they are better than the first IMO, plus you no longer have to pay a fee to fight them. Many improvements have been made from the first, 2 is a better game. Id say youll like 2 more.

I hear. The problems I had was the boring city to navigate and collecting money (especially at the end when you had to buy all upgrades) just to complete the game. I can be forgiving to the combat, cause it's stylish and works, but then again I did get bored because it just turned into "A,A,A,A,A,A..... Waggle" and bosses at times became a chip fest of "Run, hit, run away, repeat." Hope that's fixed too.
BattleTurtles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BattleTurtles
Member since 2009 • 2406 Posts
[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]If that's the case, I guess I won't bother with NMH 2. I didn't like NMH as much, only cool things were boss battles and travis. Main gameplay was boring. Yet I still wanna give this game a shot, but I'll probably wait for it to go down like I did NMH. yoshi_64

I hear. The problems I had was the boring city to navigate and collecting money (especially at the end when you had to buy all upgrades) just to complete the game. I can be forgiving to the combat, cause it's stylish and works, but then again I did get bored because it just turned into "A,A,A,A,A,A..... Waggle" and bosses at times became a chip fest of "Run, hit, run away, repeat." Hope that's fixed too.

There's no city, it's a menu.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shirokishi_

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]If that's the case, I guess I won't bother with NMH 2. I didn't like NMH as much, only cool things were boss battles and travis. Main gameplay was boring. Yet I still wanna give this game a shot, but I'll probably wait for it to go down like I did NMH. yoshi_64

Well, the city is navigated through menu now, no more city hub.

Well, youll be collecting money for beam katanas, Jeanes food and working out but to be honest the mini game jobs are so much fun that it wont even feel like a chore.

If you thought the battles were sorta boring then they will seem VERY boring in this game. The henchmen phases get ridiculously long at times, especially the last few ranks.

The bosses on the other hand go both ways. Youll get bosses that are very in your face and dodgy while others are "Run, hit, runaway, repeat". Theyre still a blast though :P

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

[QUOTE="Im_single"]No More Heroes 1 is one of the best games I played this gen, so fresh and unique; playing it is like being in a stuffy room and stepping into fresh air. Fried_Shrimp

The first game was all style and no substance and by substance I mean the actual game part of the game. If you took away all the cutscenes, you'd be stuck with a game that is more unforgivably flawed than most licensed games. It is terribly unpolished and more tedious than fun. The first was more preoccupied with style than being a good video game

The second game on the other hand has fixed EVERYTHING :o

I am completely and wholey satisfied with this second installment and consider it one of the best games I have played this gen. The 2D games alone are almost worth it. Sidejobs in the first game were tedious things that you didn't want to play but were forced to. In the second, the sidejobs are not manditory, but I find myself playing them all the time! This game wins because it has fantastic style AND is a very good video game to boot.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

NMH2 > the univers

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Watched the quicklook on giantbomb and i have been laughing all the way through. The styIe is just so absurd that it's brilliant. Jeff loved it the same way i think. Like when the controls are absurdly bad in an 8 bit portion You actually start to love it instead of hate it, because it's ridiculousness turns everything into fun.

Silent_Bob32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Silent_Bob32
Member since 2004 • 643 Posts

Rented it and played it for a few hours. Game is boring and the whole "universe" is just bland. I don't know what kind of people dig this but I'm not one of them. Then you play 8 bit games to power up and earn cash, just dumb.

Gamelova79

Smells like BS to me.

The game may be a lot of things, but I don't think anyone who has played it (like it or not) would ever call the "universe" bland.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Love my 360, Like my ps3, and my wii is the red headed step child. I play with it sometimes but it mostly gets ignored.

Gamelova79

That's why you didn't like it. You're a fanboy.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

Gamelova79

i think your brain might be damaged from the awful generic games on the ps3/xbox360

new fresh games like NMH have proven to be demanding on the area of the brain which focuses on fun

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#31 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
You just don't get it, its not a game for everyone, those who it is for, love it. 110million
Agreed. Just because you disliked the game doesn't make it highly overrated. I for one am highly enjoying the game and I think it deserves its fantastic reviews and hype.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#32 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
If this comes to opinion then I find Halo and CoD the biggest pieces of thrash ever done but hey, that is my opinion.
mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

stop useing that word in every post

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="Fried_Shrimp"]

[QUOTE="Im_single"]No More Heroes 1 is one of the best games I played this gen, so fresh and unique; playing it is like being in a stuffy room and stepping into fresh air. mirriorman

Ni!
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Your blog says "Why didn't you use me to post this?"

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

If that's the case, I guess I won't bother with NMH 2. I didn't like NMH as much, only cool things were boss battles and travis. Main gameplay was boring. Yet I still wanna give this game a shot, but I'll probably wait for it to go down like I did NMH. yoshi_64

not sure about the last part, but now it's easier to pull dark side mode and you can also get hyper-speed dark side mode by racking up combos and filling up guages, which makes the game a lot less repetitive, in my opinion. because doing a hyper-speed combo really never gets old. it's so awesome to pull that out
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

A pointless opinion nobody cares about that does nothing to start a conversation or even blatantly troll for the amusement of others. Seriously, blog it because people don't care. I mean, they care enough to make a snide reply but that isn't the sort of attention someone wants.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="mirriorman"]

[QUOTE="Fried_Shrimp"] Yeah, it's much less pretentious than other games. It's not trying to be anything other than a videogame. Which is a good thing.

Ni!

OH STOP!! STOP "IT"!!!! *hoping someone will understand and carry on the joke*
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Please admit you don't know what that means, or at least stop acting like you do.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
I loved the mini-games on the 1st but disliked the game as a whole as it was abit "MEH". Marmite game basically.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

oh sorry to hear that TC its all about taste i for one like nmh series its different which is gud 2 me!

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

BubbyJello

Same. And Metal Gear Solid 4. :shock:

I am enjoying No More Heroes 2 quite a lot.

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

[QUOTE="BubbyJello"]

Same. And Metal Gear Solid 4. :shock:

I am enjoying No More Heroes 2 quite a lot.

Same for me too, however I don't like any of the Metal Gears.
driftwood606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 driftwood606
Member since 2010 • 106 Posts
Well your loss cause that game is awesome, not better than the first but still a good game.
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder on why he didn't reply......oh ya, because he's a troll
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KungfuKitten
Well your loss cause that game is awesome, not better than the first but still a good game.driftwood606
Really? It certainly looks like twice as good. It is more over the top, the sidejobs have been improved it seems, less repetitive fighting and the bad overworld replaced by a neat clean map. I mean, how is it worse than the first or can't You tell without spoiling it?
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
[QUOTE="driftwood606"]Well your loss cause that game is awesome, not better than the first but still a good game.KungfuKitten
Really? It certainly looks like twice as good. It is more over the top, the sidejobs have been improved it seems, less repetitive fighting and the bad overworld replaced by a neat clean map. I mean, how is it worse than the first or can't You tell without spoiling it?

I think he looked at GS's review scores, and since he saw that NMH1 got a 9 while the sequel got an 8.5, he thinks that NMH1 is better. Not sure, but that is what I think
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
I enjoyed NMH for the first few bosses...then it just felt repetitive and ended up not finishing it.
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

No More Heroes is far from overrated.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="driftwood606"]Well your loss cause that game is awesome, not better than the first but still a good game.Pices

I think he looked at GS's review scores, and since he saw that NMH1 got a 9 while the sequel got an 8.5, he thinks that NMH1 is better. Not sure, but that is what I think

/w pices: i think so too.