No Man's Sky is Stale

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

Link

Does not look good for PS4 owners, seems like they have to await even longer for greatness! It's coming out on June 21st and despite being "Infinite" expect a lot of worlds looking more of the same. So much for an ambitious indie project.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

Does not look good for PS4 owners, seems like they have to await even longer for greatness! It's coming out on June 21st and despite being "Infinite" expect a lot of worlds looking more of the same. So much for an ambitious indie project.

and PC owners?

I'll be frank about this game; I feel as if it will become monotonous incredibly quick.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22412 Posts

Hmmm yeah... It does look cool, but I have to admit I'm pretty sceptical as to how long before it becomes stale.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

Concept is cool, unless they add more to the game to keep it interesting I can see myself only playing it for a month max.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Ex Xbox Community Manager Says he no likey the PS4/PC No Man's Sky (He never played it).

News at 10.

Microsoft’s former Canadian Xbox community manager, Raj Patel, has shared his view on PS4 title ‘No Man’s Sky’, and he clearly isn’t too excited.

The guy states he never played it, and just looked at some screens? Well, of course he never played it, he's just an ex-community manager for M$ after all.

Why is the title of this thread so misleading?

You would think an Ex-M$ community manager would be praising Playstation titles? Guess not! *Shocker* Why do we care about some ex-M$ community manager's opinion anyways? Why are people interviewing ANY community managers at all about unfinished products they have admittedly NEVER PLAYED? What kind of expertise do they bring to the table from looking at screen grabs?

Why was his twitter read and then why was a stupid fluff piece article written? Furthermore, why create a thread about this person's ignorance and bias? He didn't play the game. It's just some rando opine.

Let me explain what I think of the NMS game so far: The game may be just awful, even though the dev has a good track record, it's quite possible they bit off more than they can chew. It might actually be stale, I've wondered this as well BUT...

The source of this article is completely sketchy and honestly is a joke.

I would rather read SW opinions about the game (since like this guy, none of us have played it and it's not done, at least we know it's Bullshit) rather than some Ex Xbox Community Manager's untested and inexperienced bullshit opinion. We shouldn't waste any more brain power on this stupid article. It's all written about a nobody who has a twitter... I'm just baffled.

I wonder what the guy at Burger King thinks of No Man's Sky? After I interview him (making sure he has twitter of course), maybe I'll post an article, and then quote the article here making a thread.

Do I wonder what this guy thinks of Sea of Thieves, Fable Legends, or any Xbox game? Nope. What about Nintendo's games? Nope.

He's just some potentially biased and ex-M$ guy that posted on twitter about a game he's never played. We already have millions of those people.

What's next? Quoting youtube comments about upcoming games? Let's get on it people!

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Ex Xbox Community Manager Says he no likey the PS4 No Man's Sky.

News at 10.

Microsoft’s former Canadian Xbox community manager, Raj Patel, has shared his view on PS4 title ‘No Man’s Sky’, and he clearly isn’t too excited.

You would think an Ex-M$ community manager would be praising Playstation titles. Guess not. Why do we care about some ex-M$ community manager's opinion anyways.

Why was he interviewed and why create a thread about this person's bias?

He wasn't interviewed. It was a series of tweets I believe.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

What a dumbass topic. I'm not a big fan of NMS, but I couldn't care less what a king lem thinks. I wonder what he thought about Fable Legends?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

And ex xbox manager.? Damn you lemmings have no shame..lol

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StrongBlackVine

At least it's not dead like Fable...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Didn't even play the game,how is opinion relevant?

According Patel, he has seen every gameplay image of the game, but they all look like they could take place on the same planet.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:
@SolidTy said:

Ex Xbox Community Manager Says he no likey the PS4/PC No Man's Sky (He never played it).

News at 10.

The guy states he never played it, and just looked at some screens? Well, of course he never played it, he's just an ex-community manager for M$ after all.

You would think an Ex-M$ community manager would be praising Playstation titles? Guess not! *Shocker* Why do we care about some ex-M$ community manager's opinion anyways? Why are people interviewing ANY community managers at all about unfinished products they have admittedly NEVER PLAYED? What kind of expertise do they bring to the table from looking at screen grabs?

Why was his twitter read and then why was a stupid fluff piece article written? Furthermore, why create a thread about this person's ignorance and bias? He didn't play the game. It's just some rando opine.

Let me explain what I think of the NMS game so far: The game may be just awful, even though the dev has a good track record, it's quite possible they bit off more than they can chew. It might actually be stale, I've wondered this as well BUT...

I would rather read SW opinions about the game (since like this guy, none of us have played it and it's not done, at least we know it's Bullshit) rather than some Ex Xbox Community Manager's untested and inexperienced bullshit opinion. We shouldn't waste any more brain power on this stupid article. It's all written about a nobody who has a twitter... I'm just baffled.

I wonder what the guy at Burger King thinks of No Man's Sky? After I interview him (making sure he has twitter of course), maybe I'll post an article, and then quote the article here making a thread.

Do I wonder what this guy thinks of Sea of Thieves, Fable Legends, or any Xbox game? Nope. What about Nintendo's games? Nope.

He's just some potentially biased and ex-M$ guy that posted on twitter about a game he's never played. We already have millions of those people.

What's next? Quoting youtube comments about upcoming games? Let's get on it people!

Yeah, correct. You missed my edit where I fixed that, but it wasn't even a proper interview, just reading some twitter from an ex-M$ person who never played a game and formed opinions on screen grabs. There are thousands of people that already have that opinion.

It makes the "article" that much worst imo.

That said, I've had my doubts about the NMS title for a long time, but my commentary is really about common sense and using better sourcing before we proceed to make threads. I felt so disappointed when I clicked on the "article" and found multiple red flags which made the misleading title posted as fact that much worse.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

this is dumb

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts
@tormentos said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

And ex xbox manager.? Damn you lemmings have no shame..lol

Yeah, and he hasn't played the game. HAHAHAHA!

Lems are getting nerves after MS killed off studios.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44650 Posts

While it would probably seem to be a good idea to lay their cards out on the table and maybe justify the price, which is hard after having seen almost nothing but the same promotional assets for years, I think they're purposefully being tight lipped in order to somehow work out some kind of big E3 hype thing with it. Like try to wow everyone at once and tell them it releases in a few days, and while they're in their post-E3 euphoria they'll be quite excited to pick it up.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

He could be 100% right, but at this point in time, reading this " Ex Xbox Community Manager" (literally the start of he title of the article) just made me think of:

------------

Seriously though, interested in the game mostly due to the light/fun artstyle of it so far. Don't quite get (yet) what it's truly about besides exploration (though I have a feeling that has remained a secret intentionally).

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

@Desmonic: worse, it's an article about his tweets about the game after looking at pictures...

Un_deux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Un_deux
Member since 2016 • 28 Posts

Guy on Twitter doesn't like game he's never played, MORE AT 11.

Grade-A journalism right here.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

lol

Well...I think I won't lock it, because that's exactly how most SW arguments are made too! :P

@lostrib said:

@Desmonic: worse, it's an article about his tweets about the game after looking at pictures...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Way to parade a completely uninformed opinion as fact, dirtbag. Welcome to my shitlist.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Just seems a bit salty this guy and just judging from gameplay pics? Sometimes you need to just stop yourself from clicking the send button.

That being said, I have enough to go off of from the gamespot preview"how to play". I like the fact not much is known and really seems like you'll have to experience it yourself. Def. Seems interesting that you don't know what you'll see and run into during your play time.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@un_deux said:

Guy on Twitter doesn't like game he's never played, MORE AT 11.

Grade-A journalism right here.

How long do I have to wait for greatness? LOL

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

At least it's not dead like Fable...

Can still play it right now. I wonder if someone else will acquire the game.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Lol thats certainly an unbiased source.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

>Ex-MS employee

Lol and I thought only Sony were "unprofessional" lems?

Avatar image for slantedandencha
slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 slantedandencha
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

Isn't that what this entire board does all day every day? Talk shit about games and systems they haven't played? Give me a fucking break and get off the high horses. Unfuckingbelievable.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Just some sad bitter ex lem.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lostrib

@naughtyottsel said:

>Ex-MS employee

...? but he doesn't work for MS

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Kinda agree with him though, can't see anything that would make me pay $60 for this.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

@lostrib said:
@naughtyottsel said:

>Ex-MS employee

...? but he doesn't work for MS

Shush I have a point alright.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@Desmonic said:

He could be 100% right, but at this point in time, reading this " Ex Xbox Community Manager" (literally the start of he title of the article) just made me think of:

------------

Seriously though, interested in the game mostly due to the light/fun artstyle of it so far. Don't quite get (yet) what it's truly about besides exploration (though I have a feeling that has remained a secret intentionally).

My blood pressure just went up 50%.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@sts106mat said:

Wth is this crap? This game looks phenomenal and will be a pleasure to play.

Doing what exactly? That's the point, aimlessly flying around space, getting in space battles and walking around planets with nothing to do...

What about that sounds phenomenal and a pleasure to play? What they've shown so far frankly does look stale...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56343 Posts

I have no idea what the game's about other then what I been seeing from the vids a few years back. I will buy No Man's Sky on PS4 simply cause I have nothing to look forward to this coming June.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

I was listening to giant bomb podcast, seems like media liked the recent showing. Not my kinda game really. It will have to be word of mouth for me to get this.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@nyadc: don't act like you've played it please

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StrongBlackVine

@blackace: If Microsoft is abandoning it this close who would want to takedown the cost of managing it? If it wasn't an online only game it probably doesn't get canned.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17865 Posts

what makes or breaks games like this is post release support and the community.

the game will be released...but it wont be finished. these games are never finished. they need to support it with new content, new events, building up the community around it as much as possible etc.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@bunchanumbers said:
@SolidTy said:

News at 10.

Yeah, correct. You missed my edit where I fixed that, but it wasn't even a proper interview, just reading some twitter from an ex-M$ person who never played a game and formed opinions on screen grabs. There are thousands of people that already have that opinion.

It makes the "article" that much worst imo.

That said, I've had my doubts about the NMS title for a long time, but my commentary is really about common sense and using better sourcing before we proceed to make threads. I felt so disappointed when I clicked on the "article" and found multiple red flags which made the misleading title posted as fact that much worse.

TC has been owned 3 posts in. Reported for nefarious posting against current gen 8 console leader.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Link

Ps4 has 24+ exclusives this year.

Xboxone has 0.

This is a console exclusive, not a true exclusive.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

why would anyone care what he used to do for a living? completely irrelevant. He's just another person on the internet with an opinion. No different then anyone here so why the big deal?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#42  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17891 Posts

From what I have seen of this game, my expectations have always been low. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but this is not a game I am buying until I hear there is more to it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@SolidTy said:

News at 10.

/thread

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56343 Posts

@sts106mat: Well it's gonna take you 5 Billion years to fully explore in No Man's Sky. That's basically the what I remember hearing from Hello Games, it peaks my interest.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Thread backfire lol

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

90 Dollars Canadian, in Ontario.

lmao @ these devs

no one here is stupid enough to pay that much for an indie game

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Is Microsoft seriously so rattled over a multi-plat indie game? wow.

Things must be more dire than I thought.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

I can see where the guy in the tweets is coming from tbh. I look forward to this game but I fear it will become boring and repetitive quickly. In all the gameplay videos that I remember the player just landed on a planet and didn't really do a whole lot. I hope I'm wrong of course because this game has a lot of potential for awesomeness. I'll just wait for reviews.