No Franchise Can Ever Top Call Of Duty!

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

Here's why:

1. The community and accessibility is fantastic, there is never a wait to get into a game and there's always thousands playing at all times.

2. 60FPS gameplay that is so silky smooth going back to 30FPS just feels dirty and clunky.

3. The sheer amount of content in all COD games generally dwarfs almost every game on the market.

4. The single player campaign is in my opinion so much fun in every single COD game. Epic set pieces one after another with good variety.

5. The mature tone of all the games is a major plus for an adult like myself, I can't stand dialogue that is cheesy B movie quality(Uncharted series).

6. The gunplay is so polished and the controls so precise it's just a pleasure to hold the controller.

7. It's probably the most addictive game out, I always want to come back for more.

8. The DLC although a bit pricey is always worth it, adding more content and many many more hours of fun.

9. Content for dollar, I have to reiterate how much content and fun is crammed onto the disc.

10. This last reason may just be me, but playing with friends has never been easier with COD. I have a Nat Type 3 which gives me a problem with some games but never with COD.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
Personally I hate the dialogue in most of the COD games and fail to see how it's mature. Also most of the rest is just opinion which I disagree with.
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

The only shooterI dislike more then Call Of dut (Aside from COD4) is Far Cry 2. Terrible games.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
As for content WoW destroys pretty much everything.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24000 Posts

While it is all opinions, I will say that I disagree with some of your points. For instance, I will say that the Civ series is the epitome of addictiveness and that no other game has as much content as Everquest 1 with its almost 400 zones. CoD isnt bad though, in fact I would say the series seems to get a bit too much flak on these forums.

Edit: with that said, the series isnt for me, but I can still see the high production values in the games and I understand why they are so popular.

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

It uses an 11 year old engine...nothing can ever top that.

Your 60fps comment is abit mute as well, as i play almost every game at 60fps.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

[QUOTE="Headpopper333"]

Here's why:

1. The community and accessibility is fantastic, there is never a wait to get into a game and there's always thousands playing at all times.

2. 60FPS gameplay that is so silky smooth going back to 30FPS just feels dirty and clunky.

3. The sheer amount of content in all COD games generally dwarfs almost every game on the market.

4. The single player campaign is in my opinion so much fun in every single COD game. Epic set pieces one after another with good variety.

5. The mature tone of all the games is a major plus for an adult like myself, I can't stand dialogue that is cheesy B movie quality(Uncharted series).

6. The gunplay is so polished and the controls so precise it's just a pleasure to hold the controller.

7. It's probably the most addictive game out, I always want to come back for more.

8. The DLC although a bit pricey is always worth it, adding more content and many many more hours of fun.

9. Content for dollar, I have to reiterate how much content and fun is crammed onto the disc.

10. This last reason may just be me, but playing with friends has never been easier with COD. I have a Nat Type 3 which gives me a problem with some games but never with COD.

Cronik959

I stopped reading right there.....Hell, Half Life 2 has more content then cod will ever have. Even Guild Wars offers more LOL.

I'm sorry..That is just not true...

Also, TC popularity doesn't mean the game is good. Black Ops is awesome though :P

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Are you being serious TC? A lot of these points scream "sarcasm".

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

Here's why:

1. The community and accessibility is fantastic, there is never a wait to get into a game and there's always thousands playing at all times - True

2. 60FPS gameplay that is so silky smooth going back to 30FPS just feels dirty and clunky. -True

3. The sheer amount of content in all COD games generally dwarfs almost every game on the market. - Not really, maybe on consoles though.

4. The single player campaign is in my opinion so much fun in every single COD game. Epic set pieces one after another with good variety. - Agreed

5. The mature tone of all the games is a major plus for an adult like myself, I can't stand dialogue that is cheesy B movie quality(Uncharted series). -Disagree

6. The gunplay is so polished and the controls so precise it's just a pleasure to hold the controller. - Agreed

7. It's probably the most addictive game out, I always want to come back for more. - Not the most addictive, but pretty fun.

8. The DLC although a bit pricey is always worth it, adding more content and many many more hours of fun. - DLC is overpriced, but maps are good

9. Content for dollar, I have to reiterate how much content and fun is crammed onto the disc. - Console wise, I agree

10. This last reason may just be me, but playing with friends has never been easier with COD. I have a Nat Type 3 which gives me a problem with some games but never with COD. - Probably just you :P

Headpopper333

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Headpopper333

Yangire

Yea I'm serious, and you must be so cool because you dislike COD.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

I too smell sarcasm.

At least I hope it's sarcasm.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

Headpopper333

Yea I'm serious, and you must be so cool because you dislike COD.

If I wanted to be cool why would I dislike something many others like? Why would I choose the unpopular opinion if I wanted to fit in?

Why do you find it so hard to believe that people can genuinely dislike the COD series without having any ulterior motive?

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

Here's why:

I thought that the community, like most big game communities are full of douchebags ,but oh well...

Ever played Uncharted 2 or Halo:Reach at 30FPS? doesn't feel clunky to me, in fact it feels smooth.. However, CoD does feel kinda fast at times. I guess it is to do with the fact that you get killed in 1-3 shots at most ranges.

shame that most of that content is garbage... (campaign, multiplayer when you are getting killed by killstreaks)

it is fun, then you return the game back to the store, as the campaigns have had no pacing since CoD 4.

and CoD is no better, in fact, no videogame has hit a decent dialogue quality yet... (as far as I remember)

controller and precise do not go together..

fair enough.

15$ is too pricey for 3 maps and 2 remakes.. period.

just the multiplayer and zombies, really... it's not so much.

then you need to fix your NAT, (open is best)

Headpopper333

hd5870corei7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 hd5870corei7
Member since 2010 • 1612 Posts

No... That would be Metal Gear :)

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Headpopper333

[QUOTE="Headpopper333"]

Here's why:

I thought that the community, like most big game communities are full of douchebags ,but oh well...

Ever played Uncharted 2 or Halo:Reach at 30FPS? doesn't feel clunky to me, in fact it feels smooth.. However, CoD does feel kinda fast at times. I guess it is to do with the fact that you get killed in 1-3 shots at most ranges.

shame that most of that content is garbage... (campaign, multiplayer when you are getting killed by killstreaks)

it is fun, then you return the game back to the store, as the campaigns have had no pacing since CoD 4.

and CoD is no better, in fact, no videogame has hit a decent dialogue quality yet... (as far as I remember)

controller and precise do not go together..

fair enough.

15$ is too pricey for 3 maps and 2 remakes.. period.

just the multiplayer and zombies, really... it's not so much.

then you need to fix your NAT, (open is best)

siddhu33

GOLF CLAP for the only valid response to the thread lol

Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

Wow.. I cant tell if serious.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

are we talking NO FPS franchise or NO franchise EVER? Both statements seem very ridiculous imo

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I too smell sarcasm.

At least I hope it's sarcasm.

N30F3N1X

Sadly I have a feeling it's not...

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
monster hunter has and will continue to, the bad part is the good games are only in Japan :( I hate war games based in reality. it's not a place I want to escape to while I'm gaming.
Wesrcks13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wesrcks13
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

So Grand Theft Auto never happened?

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#23 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Here's why:

Fair enough on the accessibility feature, but you can't generalize the community and say it's fantastic. There are plenty of douches.

Really? What game did you go back to with 30FPS that feels dirty and clunky?

I laughed. Seriously. What content are you talking about? The tiny, short lengthed campaign? The small maps? You can explore everything in CoD roughly 5 hours within having the game, and aside from seeing a new gun here and there, there's nothing new to see.

Yup, that's your opinion. I enjoy the CoD campaigns, not nearly as much as 1&2, but they're good to kill an afternoon with.

Is this a serious point? The dialogue in CoD has always been laughably bad. The scripting in Uncharted isn't the greatest, but the acting is convincing.

The gunplay is CoD has always left much to be desired to me. It's evident that no CoD developer has actually fired any of these guns, as they work nothing like their real life counterparts. Let's get a game like this where guns sound like guns, you can change firing rates, recoil exists, and you can do things such as tactical reloading and the like.

If you say so.

A few overpriced maps is worth it? It's your money, but I think CoD has the worst DLC available on the market.

A repeated point is not a new point. So you have 9 reasons.

Well, most of the points are just you and your opinions. I've had the easiest time jumping into games with the Halo franchise than I have with CoD. Well, I've had the easiest time with Goldeneye, but that's a different story.

Headpopper333

mucgoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mucgoo
Member since 2010 • 317 Posts
Content per doller your paying $60 for new set of maps, alteration to kill streaks perks, different 6 hr singleplayer and zombies/spec ops each year, hardly fantastic value.
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
Your buying COD for the wrong reasons if its for "mature dialogue" almost everything about that game screams 12 year old
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

You serious!?:lol:

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Higga you crazy.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

that is because it has never reached the top... :|

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

Here's why:

Headpopper333

Aren't you forgetting a little game known as Plants Vs. Zombies? That game dwarfs the COD series (and any other game as well) by a huge longshot.

MRBUCKMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MRBUCKMASTER
Member since 2010 • 758 Posts
So have we forgotten almost every other videa game out there? It's all about call of duty now? Thats The only video game? Well, darn.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Halo crushes Call of Duty in terms of gameplay, longevity and content, and that's just on consoles. Most PC shooters eviscerate it in those regards.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 p3anut  Online
Member since 2005 • 6611 Posts

When it comes to multiplayer CS: S wipes the floor on CoD especially on content. Same thing goes for Battlefield.

bowser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#35 bowser3
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

Theres a lot of franchises that top call of duty.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts
You seem to mention cod's amazing content a lot. Compared to Reach, COD is nothing content and community wise ;) And it's the biggest franchise because it's on 4 different systems
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

Here's why:

I'll be lenient and accept this point. Despite the fact I could point out that the majority of CoD players are non-gamers who are largely overly-angry racist homophobic morons. You are right though. There are a lot of them on at any given time.

FPS doesn't make THAT much of a difference, it is a nice thing but for most games 30FPS is just as smooth, it all depends on what FPS the game was designed for. Half Life 2 feels really clunky at 30FPS, but fluid at 60FPS, same with CoD, this is just because it was designed to be ran at that framerate.

This point is the first of your points where you start to lose any possibility of defending your beloved franchise. Content? Really?
Lets compare one of the most beloved CoD games, Modern Warfare 2 - considered by many the best CoD game - and compare it with another FPS. One at random. Lets sayyyy...Borderlands.
And yes, Borderlands IS an FPS. It adds some RPG elements into the game, but so does CoD with it's Perk-unlocking.

So lets compare content.

Borderlands has a single player (with co-op) that will last you a good 40+ hours. 100+ if you buy all the DLC and try to do EVERYTHING.

CoD MW2 has a 4 hour single player campaign, and Spec Ops mode that will amuse you for a couple of hours too.

Borderlands has literally billions of different guns.

CoD MW2 doesn't.

CoD MW2 has a strong number of multiplayer maps admittedly, but Borderlands allows you to fight deathmatch ****anywhere on the extremely huge world map, and in arenas. Giving it more possible maps.

So there is an example of just one game with more content, and I'll admit, Borderlands was a bit overkill of an example.

Yes, in your opinion they may be, and I'll agree they were fun. They were however extremely short and did not justify the price tag.

I'm sorry, what? There is nothing "Mature" about the dialogue in CoD. It feels like it was written by a teenager having a fever dream after watching a James Bond film.

Lots of games have this across consoles and PC. Halo, Half Life 2, Crysis, Timesplitters, etc.

Maybe for you, but a lot of us prefer our games to have a little depth, or the multiplayer to be more skill based than "Whoever sees whoever else first wins"

You're right. MW2 charging you $15 for maps from CoD4 when MW2 had so little content itself that it felt like a fully priced expansion pack was totally worth it!! (This is Sarcasm)

And I need to reiterate that there isn't actually that much content, and fun differs from person to person.

All these reasons are just you. And this is also the one point I will actually concede to you without any argument. On consoles the CoD games have utterly magnificent net code.

Headpopper333

Just my opinion. :)

KevinPlanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KevinPlanet
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

If you think that the dialogue in Uncharted 2 is "b movie" quality then your opinion is moot.

Anyone who is a fan of great movies can see how well crafted the dialogue in the second game was. I cannot vouge for the 1st game though

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

Maybe in sales, but Call of Duty has already fallen in my opinion.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
[QUOTE="BodyElite"]You seem to mention cod's amazing content a lot. Compared to Reach, COD is nothing content and community wise ;) And it's the biggest franchise because it's on 4 different systems

5 if you count DS
Blade8Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Blade8Aus
Member since 2006 • 1819 Posts

I hope you're being sarcastic there XD

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 super600  Moderator  Online
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

If you're talking about greatest franchise loads of games destroy this game in reviews

Here are some examples

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supermariogalaxy2/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B0

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supermario128/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B1

http://wii.ign.com/objects/075/075624.htmlDidn't this game tie with Black Ops on this site.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
[QUOTE="Cronik959"]

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

[QUOTE="Cronik959"]

I stopped reading right there.....Hell, Half Life 2 has more content then cod will ever have. Even Guild Wars offers more LOL.

I'm sorry..That is just not true...

Also, TC popularity doesn't mean the game is good. Black Ops is awesome though :P

Mods do count if like it or not.

Mods don't magically make a game bigger. Mods are fun to use in their own right and are a nice bonus, but they aren't the game itself. So no, mods don't "count" in that regard.
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
Me thinks TC can't afford to play better games after spending $60 each year on the same CoD game
Avatar image for deactivated-6079d224de716
deactivated-6079d224de716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-6079d224de716
Member since 2009 • 2567 Posts

5. The mature tone of all the games is a major plus for an adult like myself

Headpopper333

Somehow I find this funny :lol:

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Even though the claims of COD never being topped as a franchise are crazy it's definitely going to be one of the top games remembered this gen for it's popularity and how much staying power the game has. As far as replayability goes it's definitely up there this gen matched by few.
Blade8Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Blade8Aus
Member since 2006 • 1819 Posts

[QUOTE="Headpopper333"]

5. The mature tone of all the games is a major plus for an adult like myself

Orchid87

Somehow I find this funny :lol:

Someone should sig-quote it :D

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts
Call of Duty is just the console-friendly version of Counter-Strike. If I want to play a console FPS I'll play Halo.
spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

Me thinks TC can't afford to play better games after spending $60 each year on the same CoD gameFunconsole
saying MW2 and black ops are the same is stretching it since you could say that about every sequel.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

Yeah it can, and yes it has been, it's been beaten by Mario, Zelda, Half-Life, Portal, God of War, Gears of War, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, Chrono series (Trigger/Cross), Final Fantasy, and about 100 other franchises...