No Final Fantasy For Xbox 360 .... Link inside !

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

castlevaniaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 castlevaniaX
Member since 2004 • 547 Posts

June 5, 2007 - Looking for more Final Fantasy following the Xbox 360 port of Final Fantasy XI? Then you're going to have to look to a different next generation system. A Square Enix executive has disclosed to Japan's Nikkei BP that the company currently has no plans for Final Fantasy games on the 360.

Noting that the PS3 is getting Final Fantasy XIII, the website asked Square Enix's Shinji Hashimoto if the Wii or Xbox 360 will also be getting games in the series. "For the Wii, we have FF Crystal Chronicles in production," replied Hashimoto. "As for FF on the Xbox 360, it's currently a completely blank page."

Strong words from Hashimoto, although perhaps if everyone goes out and buys Last Remnant (that includes you!), Square Enix will have a change of heart.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/794/794164p1.html

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts

Yet we will still get desperate lems, claiming it will come to their system.

Face it lems both games have been debunked, FF..MGS4...lets move on.

Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts
Maybe the lems will now shut up.
x037leox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 x037leox
Member since 2006 • 212 Posts

hahaha, i'll laugh at square -enix when FFXIII doesn't sell as well as expected because a lack of PS3 install base.........

then they rush a crappy port to the 360.

ninjiijitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ninjiijitsu
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts
Theirs already a thread about this. Anyway, that's not good news. :( I was hoping ffxiii would come to 360. ah, too bad, looks like ps3 and wii will do for me this gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-61ff675e61178

hahaha, i'll laugh at square -enix when FFXIII doesn't sell as well as expected because a lack of PS3 install base.........

x037leox
I guess you don't understand the concept of "System Seller".  It's games like FF that are expected to create the ps3's install base.  A console doesn't sell itself.
e20Dylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 e20Dylan
Member since 2007 • 1055 Posts

x037leox

hahaha ill laugh at you cause you cant play it!

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
nope they will still come here in hope of getting ffxiii or mgs4 but capcom said its exclusive(dmc 4) :cry:
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I'm glad. I don't want to see the same games on every system.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
Meh, never really got into FF that much. I still think both FF XIII and MGS4 will EVENTUALY come to teh 360 because of the very lackluster sales of the PS3. Money comes before Brand Loyalty. In any case, These two games alone cant save Sony. But it will certainly help them. was thinking of getting A ps3 when the price goes down anyway.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 black_awpN1
[QUOTE="x037leox"]

makingmusic476

I guess you don't understand the concept of "System Seller".  It's games like FF that are expected to create the ps3's install base.  A console doesn't sell itself.

But can a single game (FF XIII) really generate that much console sales? One or two games does not a syestem make.

x037leox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 x037leox

This is one of those threads we need to bookmark.................

as someone stated before.......

money comes before brand loyalty......however I think with this game in particular it's more of a race issue, as where Square would rather stay exclusive to a Japanese company than look like a sellout to the "lazy american!!" company. We'll see how far that honor stretches.....

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

i've never cared for the FF games anyway.

And they said they had no plans but who knows what might happen in 2-3 years or so.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 black_awpN1

i've never cared for the FF games anyway.

And they said they had no plans but who knows what might happen in 2-3 years or so.

TheDarkDisciple

Thats probaly around thetime FF XIII will be released. lol.

elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts

This is one of those threads we need to bookmark.................

as someone stated before.......

money comes before brand loyalty......however I think with this game in particular it's more of a race issue, as where Square would rather stay exclusive to a Japanese company than look like a sellout the "lazy american!!" company. We'll see how far that honor stretches.....

x037leox

you guys got miswalker which sqaure might hate ..because of sakaguchi ..cuz he will gladly help microsoft destory the final fantasy franchise thats what he said in one of his interview..and stop it with the whole race issue.lol..they can choose if they want tthe series to stay exclusive or not...since final fantasy is popular no doubt their goin to sell millions..and help the ps3 dramtically..

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Renegade
[QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="x037leox"]

black_awpN1

But can a single game (FF XIII) really generate that much console sales? One or two games does not a syestem make.

can it generate console sales? is this a serious question? the last two main final fantasy games released on playstation 2 each sold over 2 million copies in the first day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-61ff675e61178

black_awpN1

You act as if MGS4 and FFXIII are the only two ps3 games in the works.  Everyday there is a massive list of ps3 games made, which everybody then mocks throwing things out like "waitstation", etc., but it doesn't change the fact that these games ARE being made, and when the come out, people will buy ps3's to play them.  They will increase the install base quite a bit before FFXIII is even close to being finished. The ps3 won't be stuck at 3.5 mil. consoles sold forever.

And besides, how many people here (most notably greg_splicer) have said they'd only buy a ps3 if FFXIII remained exclusive?

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

-Sir-Poof-

lol @ the Bioshock and GeOW on ps3 threads.

ninjiijitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ninjiijitsu

black_awpN1

well, I bought ps2just for ffx,i bought the first xbox for halo and doa3. i bought nintendo ds for final fantasy iii, i bought nintendo wii just for zelda.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

black_awpN1

according to Shane (1up reviewer) FF xiii is expected to sell around 3-4 million copies in Japan, and thats a low estimation.

Anyways i'm glad that it FF series stays with wii and ps3. 360 has LO, BD, ES and LS. :P

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

black_awpN1

I guess you don't understand the concept of "System Seller". It's games like FF that are expected to create the ps3's install base. A console doesn't sell itself.

FF VII was probably the first system seller for the original PS.
People that were reluctant or on the edge to buy one rushed  to get a PS after the launch of that game.

So, yeah, I really can see this game pushing PS3 sales. I'm sure there are tons of people just waiting for this games (amongts a few others) to buy a PS3. 

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"]

TheDarkDisciple

lol @ the Bioshock and GeOW on ps3 threads.

cows know how to move on....lems just have trouble letting go.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 black_awpN1
[QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="x037leox"]

makingmusic476

You act as if MGS4 and FFXIII are the only two ps3 games in the works.  Everyday there is a massive list of ps3 games made, which everybody then mocks throwing things out like "waitstation", etc., but it doesn't change the fact that these games ARE being made, and when the come out, people will buy ps3's to play them.  They will increase the install base quite a bit before FFXIII is even close to being finished. The ps3 won't be stuck at 3.5 mil. consoles sold forever.

And besides, how many people here (most notably greg_splicer) have said they'd only buy a ps3 if FFXIII remained exclusive?

But are all thsoe games Fitst Party Sony Owned Games? If not, then they might go Multiplatform.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-61ff675e61178
[QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="x037leox"]

black_awpN1

But are all thsoe games Fitst Party Sony Owned Games? If not, then they might go Multiplatform.

Just about every major game this fall is Sony 1st/2nd party.  Lair, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, etc...

Also, you're really pessimistic.  I could say the same about every 360 exclusive.  "It could go multiplt!1!!1"  But i'm not.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 black_awpN1
[QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="x037leox"]

makingmusic476

Just about every major game this fall is Sony 1st/2nd party.  Lair, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, etc...

Also, you're really pessimistic.  I could say the same about every 360 exclusive.  "It could go multiplt!1!!1"  But i'm not.

I for one hope these games dont go to teh 360. More incentive for me to buy a PS3. For both 360 adn PS3 games, you never know if the game is going to be awesome AAA stuff until its actualy released and you get to play it.

ninjiijitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ninjiijitsu
[QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="x037leox"]

black_awpN1

I for one hope these games dont go to teh 360. More incentive for me to buy a PS3. For both 360 adn PS3 games, you never know if the game is going to be awesome AAA stuff until its actualy released and you get to play it.

WHAT?!?!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-61ff675e61178
[QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="x037leox"]

black_awpN1

Yeah, that's true.  I've gotten screwed on impulse buys before.
killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 killaj2786
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts

-Renegade

I guess you don't understand the concept of "System Seller". It's games like FF that are expected to create the ps3's install base. A console doesn't sell itself.

can it generate console sales? is this a serious question? the last two main final fantasy games released on playstation 2 each sold over 2 million copies in the first day.

But sales were at 50 million and over 100 million at the time...compared to proably the 5-15 million when taht game comes out... 

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
Hahaha lemmings sure are avoiding this thread. Pretty pathetic lol, they can't admit they actually have been beaten this time :p
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Renegade
[QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"]

killaj2786

But sales were at 50 million and over 100 million at the time...compared to proably the 5-15 million when taht game comes out... 

when ffx released in july of 01 there was about 5 million or so ps2s shipped in japan. the game sold 1.9 million copies in 4 days. ps3 will be in the same situation when this game comes to japan. this game will sell systems. i would not be suprised if by next year ps3 really catches 360 in sales.

-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts

black_awpN1

We're talking about FF one of the biggest franchises ever (and prove me wrong) so it will definitely sell a few PS3's.  Plus by the time its out PS3's install base will have grown

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 black_awpN1

-L-U-I-S-

We're talking about FF one of the biggest franchises ever (and prove me wrong) so it will definitely sell a few PS3's.  Plus by the time its out PS3's install base will have grown

Thats of course if Sony pulls there heads out of their asses and starts giving reasons to own a PS3.

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts

......however I think with this game in particular it's more of a race issue, as where Square would rather stay exclusive to a Japanese company than look like a sellout to the "lazy american!!" company. We'll see how far that honor stretches..... x037leox

American and Japanese aren't races; they're ethnicities. 

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#35 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Perhaps there will be a reason to actually buy a PS3 now... good news for a change.
Klash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Klash47
Member since 2006 • 445 Posts
they already stated that the game cannot be ported to the 360 even if they wanted to.  because of the lack of shaders available on the 360 hardware and of course the lack of space.  its not practical.  but anyways i don't want to start a flame war or anything.  but ill tell you this that i actually bought the ps3 just for this game,  i will ofcourse be picking up other sweet title like  uncharted, rachet, msg4, and a bunch of others but FXIII alone is worth it for me,  there is no other game out there that i look forward to more than this game.  i just simply cannot wait for this game. 
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
We're still going to get lemmings saying "FF13 IS COMING TO 360!!"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-61ff675e61178
[QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="makingmusic476"][QUOTE="x037leox"]

R-Dot-Yung

everytime they rebuttal or make a fanboyish claim you take them down hard

why are the lems so bent over for gettting FF and MGS on their system, "so that everyone can play it" than why are there 3 consoles

Thanks.

Exactly.  The reason there are three consoles is so that there will be games catering to each's strengths.  Also, if the 360's library is so superior to the ps3's, why do they want the games so much?  Both consoles have a great library, but you don't see the ps3 fans begging for 360 games all the time just so they don't have to buy one.

x037leox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 x037leox

Everyone keeps saying FFXIII will be a system seller, will create an install base.............. well that may have been true back for the PS1 and 2, but

THEY DID NOT COST $600 in a time of a crappy economy.

So what you cows are saying is that FFXIII will be worth $660 + TAX. .....

Then the cost of other games you buy to feel some kind of redemption for dropping that much cash to play 1 game.  

Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts

Everyone keeps saying FFXIII will be a system seller, will create an install base.............. well that may have been true back for the PS1 and 2, but

Then the cost of other games you buy to feel some kind of redemption for dropping that much cash to play 1 game.  

x037leox

A lot of people will buy the PS3 once huge titles are released, this includes FFXIII. Definitely a system seller.

Most of PS fans are waiting for big games anyway.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

x037leox
Will the PS3 still be $600 come 2008?
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

-Sir-Poof-

fair enough. 

x037leox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 x037leox
[QUOTE="x037leox"]

Ibacai

Will SONY still be losing $200 per system sold come 2008?

You betcha. 

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="x037leox"]

x037leox

You betcha.

Thats because it will be 400 right? :P By 2008, The PS3 will probably cost $600 to make. Bluray Diodes are getting cheaper, and are being made more. They dropped the EE chip. They're taking measures to make sure they can drop the PS3 price 

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="x037leox"]

x037leox

You betcha.

They might be losing the same amount of money but that would require a price drop. Which means more hardware sales and removes your entire argument for FFXIII not pushing consoles.
springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts
[QUOTE="x037leox"]

XenogearsMaster

A lot of people will buy the PS3 once huge titles are released, this includes FFXIII. Definitely a system seller.

Most of PS fans are waiting for big games anyway.

i kno i am

ForTheNguyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ForTheNguyen
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts

i bought a xbox just for halo 2 and ps2 for gtaiii, and i'll definitely buy a ps3 for ffxiii and msg4.

and i'll buy heavenly sword, uncharted also.

so i'm not spending "$600 " for one game, it's for 6+ years and plenty of games