No consumer in his or her right mind would purchase a xbox 360.

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swiftie101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Swiftie101
Member since 2007 • 514 Posts

Microsoft's X-box 360 is clearly the worst choice a consumer who wants to play video games could make. The lack of quality games exclusive to this system is astounding. The PC, a far more advanced piece of technology, can not only play the best of X-box games, but also run them with improved visuals and higher frame rates. Even though the X-box features the amazing Halo 3, one can be positive that the finer version will arrive on PC sooner or later. Also, very few people will actually care about Halo 3 on its destined release date; the Crysis demo, with enhanced graphics and gameplay, will seep out Halo's awe-inspiring effect. Gears of War, one of the X-box's most touted titles, makes its appearance on the PC with the entire campaign, not just a portion of it. Another exalted game can also be enjoyed on the PC with better graphics and framerate: BioShock. Even if the PC had a dearth of games, consumers can be sure that they made the right choice by obtaining a PC just by judging the quality of the hardware.

A computer is not susceptible to the infamous three red rings of death syndrome that makes a common appearance on the X-box 360. It can easily last over six years without any hardware issues, unless the owner is semi-retarded and pours Sprite into the system. On the other hand, a X-box will need to be replaced every six months. There are some lucky ones who make it past that time period, but many of them are almost "anticipating" the insufferable moment. In fact, owners of X-boxes that have survived for a year like to show off the fact to others, and then pray that their hardware will just last a little longer. Such intolerable problems are quite rare on a computer.

The X-box also lacks the pliability of the PC, which can be made to fit your lifestyle. It can print documents, make power-points, surf the internet, organize data, create 3D art, manipulate photos, and so forth. The amount of features to be found on a computer seems endless, especially compared to those on a X-box.

It is fairly obvious that a PC provides for a superior experience and fulfills whatever needs that may be aching at your stomach. There is simply no reason to buy a X-box.

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
Bulletproof.
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
Well then I'm in my wrong mind. And I'm loving every day of it.
hobbit93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hobbit93
Member since 2007 • 1461 Posts

Microsoft's X-box 360 is clearly the worst choice a consumer who wants to play video games could make. The lack of quality games exclusive to this system is astounding. The PC, a far more advanced piece of technology, can not only play the best of X-box games, but also run them with improved visuals and higher frame rates. Even though the X-box features the amazing Halo 3, one can be positive that the finer version will arrive on PC sooner or later. Also, very few people will actually care about Halo 3 on its destined release date; the Crysis demo, with enhanced graphics and gameplay, will seep out Halo's awe-inspiring effect. Gears of War, one of the X-box's most touted titles, makes its appearance on the PC with the entire campaign, not just a portion of it. Another exalted game can also be enjoyed on the PC with better graphics and framerate: BioShock. Even if the PC had a dearth of games, consumers can be sure that they made the right choice by obtaining a PC just by judging the quality of the hardware.

A computer is not susceptible to the infamous three red rings of death syndrome that makes a common appearance on the X-box 360. It can easily last over six years without any hardware issues, unless the owner is semi-retarded and pours Sprite into the system. On the other hand, a X-box will need to be replaced every six months. There are some lucky ones who make it past that time period, but many of them are almost "anticipating" the insufferable moment. In fact, owners of X-boxes that have survived for a year like to show off the fact to others, and then pray that their hardware will just last a little longer. Such intolerable problems are quite rare on a computer.

The X-box also lacks the pliability of the PC, which can be made to fit your lifestyle. It can print documents, make power-points, surf the internet, organize data, create 3D art, manipulate photos, and so forth. The amount of features to be found on a computer seems endless, especially compared to those on a X-box.

It is fairly obvious that a PC provides for a superior experience and fulfills whatever needs may be aching at your stomach. There is simply no reason to buy a X-box.

Swiftie101
so why dont you just go enjoy your 10 thousand dollar computer and let us casuals play our 279 dolllar machine?
Avatar image for benjaminbuckner
benjaminbuckner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 benjaminbuckner
Member since 2007 • 534 Posts
11 million people must be crazy then.
kenmid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kenmid
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts

It is fairly obvious that a PC provides for a superior experience and fulfills whatever needs may be aching at your stomach. There is simply no reason to buy a X-box.

Swiftie101

A gaming PC should be more superior granted your spending 1500 for the system compair to 400 for the 360.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

Upgrading my PC would cost the same as buying a 360. So I'd rather have a 360 and play its games now than wait potential years for ports that may not always be as finely tuned.

But I'll still be upgrading in a couple years.

strahd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 strahd01
Member since 2003 • 2440 Posts
Some people prefer their games on computers some on consoles MS knows this and created the 360 for the people who wanted to play great games and then share the wealth with computer users.
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts

A gaming PC should be more superior granted your spending 1500 for the system compair to 400 for the 360.

kenmid

pc's do more than just game

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
I have nothing again the PC and Crysis but I hate post like this.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="Swiftie101"]

kenmid

Meh you can make it cheaper then that like $800.. Granted it is more flexable and powerful then the Console, it is far more complicated.. A complication that alot of people don't want to bother with even with better games for their favored genre on the PC.

DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts
[QUOTE="kenmid"]

themagicbum9720

And to do any of the other stuff, you can use a pc that costs $200 to do... We all know email and playing movies take 3 gigs of ram to do!

Swiftie101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Swiftie101
Wait for it...
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
hm tell that to all the people who bought a 360 for gears, halo 3, and any other game interesting to them
strahd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 strahd01
[QUOTE="themagicbum9720"][QUOTE="kenmid"]

DoctorBunny

And to do any of the other stuff, you can use a pc that costs $200 to do... We all know email and playing movies take 3 gigs of ram to do!

with windows vista i wouldn't doubt it! :P

hobbit93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hobbit93
Member since 2007 • 1461 Posts
say that to the 10m people who have a 360 dip$hit theyre fixin the rrod with falcon chips and 3rd heatsink and 3 year warranty. and as for exclusive games..........remember dmc4, gta4, assassins creed, splintercell conviction? all of which used to be sony exclusives but.........due to sonys mishandlings........they have like 2 timed exclusives, 2 real exclusives (this year) and like 3 next year that are actually good. im_different
that game is too elite to ever be mentioned on the PS3 ... it only got cheap ports of the SC series

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="themagicbum9720"][QUOTE="kenmid"]

DoctorBunny

Most computers you will want to at least spend $400 for it.. Most of those $200 have some kind of a catch to them.. Not ot mention you can not expect that $200 to run anything any more taxing then Internet explorer.. Many people who have jobs or are in college need a computer for more then tehse.. Programs that can be quite taxing..

kenmid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kenmid
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts
[QUOTE="kenmid"]

themagicbum9720

oooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, so does the 360(whats your point). When did I ever say that the pc only play games?

GamespotTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GamespotTycoon
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Yea. The PC has more games and the visuals look better. That's fact. I don't care. I'm actually glad because I want to play Crysis. I want to own a Wii and a PS3 some day. I have plans of that. (should have bought them both but now i'm LAID off! screw you freightcar!)

I've had my Xbox 360 since BEFORE it came out. I won one of those mountain dew game things on the cap. I got MY 360 one week before it was released and I haven't had ONE problem with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59d151f079814
The point of the matter the consumer purchases consoles over computers because they are simple.. Computers are far more complicated because they give you infinite freedom.
Hermitkermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#22 Hermitkermit
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
If you want to print documents, or use power-points etc...thats what a PC is for....
SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what to say. I mean... that was just so... terrible.

DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts

If you want to print documents, or use power-points etc...thats what a PC is for....Hermitkermit

which you can do on a low end pc running windows 98...

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

The point of the matter the consumer purchases consoles over computers because they are simple.. Computers are far more complicated because they give you infinite freedom. sSubZerOo

Sometimes I prefer sitting on a nice comfy chair in front of the TV than at my PC desk. Although when I'm in the mood for Counter Strike I'm dead to the world for a few hours.

Swiftie101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Swiftie101
Here I am... still waiting...
Tobin09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tobin09
Member since 2006 • 1579 Posts

Nope, Your not baised at all.Notice howmore cows complain about the harware failure of the xboxthan lemmings.

P.S:I'm loving every day of being in the wrong mind too.

Hermitkermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#29 Hermitkermit
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts

[QUOTE="Hermitkermit"]If you want to print documents, or use power-points etc...thats what a PC is for....DoctorBunny

which you can do on a low end pc running windows 98...

I know. Why did I miss anything?

Swiftie101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Swiftie101

Well I guess its not happening then. I had hoped that some Cow would agree with my post and my assertion that there is no reason to buy a 360. Then, I was going to point out that the X-box continues to outsell the PS3, making it absolutely worthless.

Oh well, I guess people don't fall for satire that easily.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

I find it amusing that you think the average consumer will pass up halo 3 to go and download and play the Crysis demo on the high-end PCs they all apparently own.

There's a reason Kojima and Suda say there's no market in PCs.

strahd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 strahd01

I find it amusing that you think the average consumer will pass up halo 3 to go and download and play the Crysis demo on the high-end PCs they all apparently own.

Ninja-Vox

Oh but you can run Teh Crysis on Teh $500 3 year old system with teh $200 worth of upgrades! (sorry I suck at making fun of Leet speak but this was sarcasm LOL)

SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts

It is fairly obvious that a PC provides for a superior experience and fulfills whatever needs that may be aching at your stomach. There is simply no reason to buy a X-box.

Swiftie101

Excellent job playing your opinion off as logic. "A X-box will need to be replaced every six months". Really? Strangely enough, mine has been running fine for about a year now. In fact, I've had more problems recently with my computer. Oh well, my 360 works, so I'm guessing I don't count as part of your flawless logic.

I've askedthis many times before, but are you playing Gears on your PC right now? Will you be playing Halo 3 next month? Dead Rising? How about Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey? Mass Effect? Those are the games I'm interested in playing now. If I can't have those right now on the PC, why the hell would I not want a 360?

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
im sure pcs are way better than 360`s, but i love my 360, and xbl...and im not giving this up....i dont like computer gaming anyways
Swiftie101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Swiftie101
If anyone thinks I'm a Hermit, then you are wrong. I do own a very nice rig but I never actively support PC gaming here. I was just using the Hermit/Cow mentality as a tool to make a point about the PS3. You guys should read the entire tread before you post next time...
Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
Dam...I must be a freaking Psychopat :shock:
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
Great, now find me a pre-built pc that games on the level of 360 for anywhere near the price.
xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts
Wish I had the money to have a $1500 gaming PC but I dont I have a $350 Xbox 360 and am very happy with it. Sure you'll get a lot of the 360's ports but who cares i'll be playing them years ahead of you.
Swiftie101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Swiftie101

Wish I had the money to have a $1500 gaming PC but I dont I have a $350 Xbox 360 and am very happy with it. Sure you'll get a lot of the 360's ports but who cares i'll be playing them years ahead of you.xXHackettXx

Is two pages of mindless chatter too much reading to ask for?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-59d151f079814

Ninja-Vox

There is a market in PCs, if there weren't then the PC wouldn't be getting the most amount of highly rated games out there.. Nor would it be getting tons of ports from the consoles..

The simple fact is the majority of people don't know jack about the PC.. Nor do they wish to learn sadely. Now that doesn't mean much because there are still more PC gamers then all the consoles combined.. The problem with this though is the fact that the higher the reqs of the game is the more popel will be cut off from purchasing the game..

elite_ferns1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 elite_ferns1
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts

wow... have you been living under a rock. 360 is the cool thing right now, not to hardcore like the ps3 and not to casual like the wii. The wii is outselling it due to the larger audience. PCs are great; i love playing on my pc and have been doing so for 10 year (or since half-life, don't remember) but i do like the the 360.

btw i own all three consoles and my 360 died once.

Swiftie101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Swiftie101

wow... have you been living under a rock. 360 is the cool thing right now, not to hardcore like the ps3 and not to casual like the wii. The wii is outselling it due to the larger audience. PCs are great; i love playing on my pc and have been doing so for 10 year (or since half-life, don't remember) but i do like the the 360.

elite_ferns1

Still not reading...

Swiftie101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Swiftie101

elite_ferns1

Still not reading...

AskForDetails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AskForDetails
Member since 2007 • 1216 Posts
[QUOTE="Swiftie101"]

hobbit93

so why dont you just go enjoy your 10 thousand dollar computer and let us casuals play our 279 dolllar machine?

cut the crap its not even close to 279 wiht all the junk you require to play a crappy game thatis be done better on PC

SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts
[QUOTE="hobbit93"][QUOTE="Swiftie101"]

AskForDetails

cut the crap its not even close to 279 wiht all the junk you require to play a crappy game thatis be done better on PC

Yeah, because everyone has a PC that runs Bioshock better than the 360. And because every game on the 360 is on the PC, right? That's weird, I've been looking for a PC copy of Gearsand Dead Rising for a while, and no one will let me pre-order Halo 3 for the PC yet...

Avatar image for ItalStallion777
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ItalStallion777
Member since 2005 • 1953 Posts

i'm not even going to read this post. just based on the name of it i can tell you have no clue what you are talking about.

oh and i guess 10+ million people and counting are out of their minds...including me.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

I like to play games in my lounge, where my TV is, on a device with plug-in-and-play simplicity and comfortable wireless controllers. Its generally whereI like to relax and has sofas, thus affording comfortable seating for said gaming activities, either with mates or in solitude.I write music on my PC, so it stays in my study.... although why would I want a PC in my lounge anyway? I don't have the room nor inclination to put up a secondary screen in my lounge, nor would my girlfriend like me to hook it up to the TV when I'm writing music.

Logically, a console would be the best choice for me. Which console you ask? The one with the best games

I think I was in my right mind to purchase a 360.

Swiftie101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Swiftie101

i'm not even going to read this post. just based on the name of it i can tell you have no clue what you are talking about.

oh and i guess 10+ million people and counting are out of their minds...including me.

ItalStallion777

I guess I was a retard for thinking that people here would understand satire then, huh?

High_Fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 High_Fly
Member since 2003 • 2846 Posts
Yeah i must not be right in the head either, because im extremely happy with my 360. Never liked a system more. Edit: By the way are you trying to convince us or are you trying to convince yourself?
High_Fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 High_Fly
Member since 2003 • 2846 Posts
[QUOTE="kenmid"]

themagicbum9720

very true but why spend 1500 if you are not going to play games? why not 300?