Nintendo's Switch Million Sellers via CESA 2022, which includes Platinum's gun toting witch

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Well I can bet the reaction from those still wanting Bayonetta not on Nintendo, let alone multiplat HAD Nintendo not stepped in. Still, as I figured, Bayonetta 2 did better on Switch than Wii U.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I bought Super Mario 3D All Stars, and i don't even have a Switch. I helped my fellow sheep so they could brag about something cuz its certainly not the quality of games or their performance🤢

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

@hardwenzen: ok but you did goody PlayStation a disservice. How could you betray your own Cow console like that?? I can’t help but feel disappointed.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hardwenzen

@outworld222 said:

@hardwenzen: ok but you did goody PlayStation a disservice. How could you betray your own Cow console like that?? I can’t help but feel disappointed.

I did it while being undercover. When i got inside my local bestbuy, i pretended to be a normie that buys whatever is colorful and a name i recognized from twitter. Don't think for a single second i didn't blend in when buying a Switch game. I am not this stupid.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

@hardwenzen: smart move. I didn’t expect anything less from you. 😉

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8209 Posts

@hardwenzen: you should get a switch so you can play it. It's a dank collection of Mario games.

Get a switch lite. It's literally the cost of like 2 and a half PS5 games

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Bro when are these games going on sale links awakening hasn't been under 30 bux and neither has mario maker wheres the sales on these million sellers?

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Why isn't Animal Crossing on that list? And Smash Bros. Ultimate? And Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

Or is there a 10+ million seller list?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen

@sargentd said:

@hardwenzen: you should get a switch so you can play it. It's a dank collection of Mario games.

Get a switch lite. It's literally the cost of like 2 and a half PS5 games

no no no. I am keeping it sealed. In 20 years i will sell it for 50k.

Polyswarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Polyswarm
Member since 2022 • 16 Posts

@kejigoto said:

Why isn't Animal Crossing on that list? And Smash Bros. Ultimate? And Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

Or is there a 10+ million seller list?

This is for titles not including the massive ones, that you don't normally see sales data for

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

@kejigoto: They didn’t post the other list. Nintendo released a list of 55 first party games that have sold over 1 million copies.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

A lot of excellent games on that list there. I have 9 of those games myself.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

@mesome713: Holy crap I knew Nintendo had a ton of million+ sellers but didn't realize it was that many. No wonder they never drop prices if people are buying in those numbers.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

lol :P

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mesome713

@kejigoto: Yeah, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze sold 700k in 2021. Its crazy the legs Nintendo games have.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

For Bayonetta 2 to only reach 1m after all that time, word of mouth and marketing for Bayo 3, seems to me Bayonetta is struggling to raise interest and didn't grow as a franchise as Bayonetta 1 on PS360 sold more.

Its probably more one of those projects like Shadow of Colossus or even bloodbone where nintendo don't really expect game to sell well but strong word of mouth reviews create strong brand recognition among a certain cicle.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@sakaixx:

For sure. If you're really into action games, missing out on Bayo2 or TW101 was a no go. Not calling them system sellers in any meaningful way, but it did guarantee a decent percentage of that admittedly narrow demographic would be buying a WiiU. And even if Platinums prestige has waned a bit since, still gonna be players grabbing a Switch for Bayo 3.

Being some relatively low budget games, probably worth it. Sell the game and the hardware, likely to scoop up more games once they're in.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

I think Bayo 3 should be able to hit at least 2 million. There are a lot more Switches now.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

TW101

This sucked, though.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

No one has ever expected to see an Animal Crossing game sell over 20 million copies worldwide or even a Zelda title. What is about these titles that made gamers buy these games?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nintendoboy16

@locopatho said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

TW101

This sucked, though.

Or at least the Remaster (esp. Switch version... yeah, a port from a Wii U game is the worst on Switch).

Astral Chain is a bit better, but that's hard to recommend in a world increasingly anti-police.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen

@nintendoboy16 said:
@locopatho said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

TW101

This sucked, though.

Or at least the Remaster (esp. Switch version... yeah, a port from a Wii U game is the worst on Switch).

Astral Chain is a bit better, but that's hard to recommend in a world increasingly anti-police.

Seriously? Are people so f*cked in the head that they might ignore a game because of some anime police? lol the US.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@hardwenzen: His comment is pretty funny in more than one way.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ConanTheStoner

@locopatho said:

This sucked, though.

Nah, great action game. Wouldn't say Bayo 2 sucks, but would much sooner put it in that category than TW101.

I know that you think that the weapon drawing is literally a gimmick for linear weapon switching. It's not. Even with a novice understanding of the games systems you would know this. Only bring this up as I don't think you really understand how much this nullifies your opinion on the game.

Oh and that you think we should bow to the opinion of a reviewer who legit didn't know you can zoom the camera. 😂 I too enjoy watching Polygon play Doom, Dean Takahashi play the Cuphead tut, and watching GS go bowling in Spongebob, good times.

Just seems weird man. If you don't even grasp the basics of the game, obviously didn't play it much if at all, not sure why you're so invested in "game sucks" lol.

If your beef was with the dualscreen gimmick ass sections, yes agreed, get that shit out of here. Hate it. Problem with Kamiya games, lousy minigames nobody asked for. Plus of Kamiya games, the core play here is sick.

Give it a try sometime man. At least make an effort to get the basics down, deep and rewarding action game on the other side.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

It's time for a Super Mario Maker 3.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

@nintendoboy16: only a tiny, but outspoken segment of the U.S. population (usually found in the most progressive areas, like major cities) is anti-police. I doubt this anti-police sentiment is found anywhere else in the world than the major U.S. cities.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 locopatho

@hardwenzen said:

Seriously? Are people so f*cked in the head that they might ignore a game because of some anime police? lol the US.

Yes lol.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 locopatho
@ConanTheStoner said:

Nah, great action game. Wouldn't say Bayo 2 sucks, but would much sooner put it in that category than TW101.

I know that you think that the weapon drawing is literally a gimmick for linear weapon switching. It's not. Even with a novice understanding of the games systems you would know this. Only bring this up as I don't think you really understand how much this nullifies your opinion on the game.

Oh and that you think we should bow to the opinion of a reviewer who legit didn't know you can zoom the camera. 😂 I too enjoy watching Polygon play Doom, Dean Takahashi play the Cuphead tut, and watching GS go bowling in Spongebob, good times.

Just seems weird man. If you don't even grasp the basics of the game, obviously didn't play it much if at all, not sure why you're so invested in "game sucks" lol.

If your beef was with the dualscreen gimmick ass sections, yes agreed, get that shit out of here. Hate it. Problem with Kamiya games, lousy minigames nobody asked for. Plus of Kamiya games, the core play here is sick.

Give it a try sometime man. At least make an effort to get the basics down, deep and rewarding action game on the other side.

Disclaimer: Only played the demo, so I am happy to accept I'm a wrong idiot if that didn't represent the game properly. I also don't care what reviewers said about it :)

Having said that, my main memory of this title was a screen full of utter chaos (which is good, but only if I can understand what is happening), an inconsistent and inaccurate means of attacking in a game that required split second reactions, and worst of all, I could progress by shrugging and just mashing random buttons and enjoying the shiny results.

I love Platinum, I love Bayo, I love Kamiya, but this one didn't work for me. I wish it had! I want more awesome Platinum games, not less!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendoboy16

@onesiphorus said:

@nintendoboy16: only a tiny, but outspoken segment of the U.S. population (usually found in the most progressive areas, like major cities) is anti-police. I doubt this anti-police sentiment is found anywhere else in the world than the major U.S. cities.

Hong Kong? Any poll painting them positive is likely rigged, given who's leading that city. Otherwise, there's a lot of critics of police in Asia for sure.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@locopatho said:

Disclaimer: Only played the demo, so I am happy to accept I'm a wrong idiot if that didn't represent the game properly. I also don't care what reviewers said about it :)

Having said that, my main memory of this title was a screen full of utter chaos (which is good, but only if I can understand what is happening), an inconsistent and inaccurate means of attacking in a game that required split second reactions, and worst of all, I could progress by shrugging and just mashing random buttons and enjoying the shiny results.

Wonderful 101 enemies are usually 2-3 at a time, barely anything resembling chaos compared to say Bayonetta. Unlike Bayonetta, where the camera actually can lead to bad angles. Wonderful 101's is further out and in a fixed position. So you have a clear view of the field. It is the best camera for an action game outside of DMC4 and maybe the greek God of War games. And notice the common trend there.

>inconsistent means of attacking.

What? You have a light attack, and you have a strong attack. You ahve the wonder liner which does damage while drawing, and most anyone who is good at taht game uses the analog to draw the shapes in a game with split second reactions. Dodge, block, all that stuff works on frames. You have start up on moves because of execution required for the shapes, but that is also consistent and can be made faster. IE on the player.

>progress by shrugging

You can do this in just about any game that actually has any depth or even a shallower game. That doesn't mean there isn't a higher level of appreciation. Not using all your tools, or not playing the game more competently. There are the goons who bodied Malenia by summoning some goons and took like 50 tries, and then there are those of us who gave her the business end of two colossal swords. You can mash your way through Bayonetta, but we all know there is a higher level of play in that game.

Wonderful 101 while having bad UX in terms of explaining how its game works and is overly lenient default difficulty. But Consistency, unable to clearly see the action, or lack of depth aren't issues of the game. Scrubs think that. It's telling that the people who actually play these type of games stan harder (not just me n conan) for Wonderful 101 and something like God Hand, than they do shit like Bayonetta 2 or DmC or God of War (either of em).

Also who gives a shit about the pigs? The pigs aren't the reason someone shouldn't play Astral Chain. How mid the game is all the reason one needs to not play Astral Chain. Platinum are bald frauds if Kamiya isn't directing a game. And even then Scalebound could be a sign that even Kamiya can't overcome PlatinumGames anymore.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Astral Chain deserves to be much higher up that list... criminally underappreciated.

Man I hope we get a sequel eventually.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: not really. Combat just servicable and the story basically Evangelion but with very weak writings.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mesome713

@hrt_rulz01: Other than Bayonetta, it’s the best action game ever made.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Agreed, excellent game. Would love to see a sequel.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@sakaixx: Totally disagree, but each to their own 🤷‍♂️

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

MUA3, Astral Chain, Arms, etc..., were all quite good.

I never played XC but I have 3 and it is excellent. I've never played Bayonetta but I will play 3.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ConanTheStoner
@locopatho said:

Only mentioned the review (as well as the weapons switching) as that seemed to be your argument when last we discussed this.

Well hey, that sucks man. Game is legit. I get it though, when I played it at release, thought it was mid with a few highlights here and there. Came back a few years later, discovered a lot of cool shit (basically understood I was playing it wrong), realized it was much better than I thought. At this point it's a contender for my favorite action game. If I had to choose between NGB and TW101 for the rest of my days, likely going with the latter.

@locopatho said:

It's an unusual control scheme for sure. Luckily not just for the sake of being different, it opens up a wealth options you won't find in other games. Won't type up a novel post about it, but ultimately it comes down to the direction in which you draw and how much you commit to each draw. Simple, yet these two elements unfold into countless other ideas and some maddening depth. Start toying with multi-unite at different sizes (5 sizes across each weapon reflect different properties) in tandem with frame canceling their startups and it's some of the sickest action around.

It's not that it's inconsistent or inaccurate, it just requires you learn inputs that will initially be out of your comfort zone. Nobody starts out good at this, it's like learning to play FGs on an arcade stick for the first time.

Like Champ said, can play all kinds of games without intention. Like, basically every game in this genre not named Ninja Gaiden lol. In action games and a lot of arcade style games in general, it's not about clearing the game, it's about outdoing your own play. That being said, difficulty options are there. And like most Kamiya games, TW101's difficulty increases are very well designed. Annoying that you must earn the step up in difficulty, but you'll understand why if you ever get around to it.

-

If you're interested, here's the first part of a GREAT multipart systems guide (would highly recommend the first 4 vids). A lot of cool shit the game unfortunately doesn't tell you. If you ever get around to trying the game again, will make your experience much more enjoyable. Or at the very least, you'll have some understanding as to why action junkies adore this game so much.

Loading Video...