AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Nintendo.........lololololololololololololololololololol you sucks.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I just like to pretend youtubers don't exist

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

you sucks.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Much like the last topic about this, I don't care. It makes no difference to me.

What I can say is that Let's Plays do sometimes help games. Minecraft is perhaps one of the best examples of that. On the other hand, if the game isn't that great then having it played online will likely affect it negatively.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@ten_pints said:

Nintendo need to dragged kicking and screaming into age of social media. They need new leadership, they are stuck in the 80's relying on Mario and grasping for total control over their IP like it means anything anymore.

Sony and Microsoft are raping them right now, to pull this crap is idiotic at best.

Can't really blame them on that front, considering they MADE Mario/Zelda/Metroid/DK in the first place. What should users have a share in their IP's? THAT won't spell DISASTER!

You are probably one of those people who don't like game modding as well... I don't mean give their rights for anyone to make the game and profit from it, what I mean is how it's shown and how users interact with it should not be restricted.

I really hate the way companies are going with the review embargo + preorder thing, it's like they have something to hide or are not confident enough with what they are selling.

If they don't want to let anyone show it then I hope nobody buys it, but people are stupid.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

..... wait, am I supposed to feel sorry for these lazy ass Youtubers trying to build careers as copyright leeches?

Because as much as I dont give a shit about nintendo's IP conduct, I care even less for this new wave of kids that complain when their "job" of filming themselves playing games is being flagged for broadcasting content they dont own and were not authorized to use for personal financial gain.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#57 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

@ten_pints said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@ten_pints said:

Nintendo need to dragged kicking and screaming into age of social media. They need new leadership, they are stuck in the 80's relying on Mario and grasping for total control over their IP like it means anything anymore.

Sony and Microsoft are raping them right now, to pull this crap is idiotic at best.

Can't really blame them on that front, considering they MADE Mario/Zelda/Metroid/DK in the first place. What should users have a share in their IP's? THAT won't spell DISASTER!

You are probably one of those people who don't like game modding as well... I don't mean give their rights for anyone to make the game and profit from it, what I mean is how it's shown and how users interact with it should not be restricted.

I really hate the way companies are going with the review embargo + preorder thing, it's like they have something to hide or are not confident enough with what they are selling.

If they don't want to let anyone show it then I hope nobody buys it, but people are stupid.

Whoa! (x3) I don't dislike game modding, but that doesn't stop the companies from seizing rights to things THEY created in the base game. The Sims has moddable outfits, but it doesn't stop EA from having complete control over the franchise's direction.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@Heirren said:

Why don't people just start their own space and do reviews and whatnot independent of YouTube?

Not a very good way to make money unless you already have a big fanbase like the normalboots guys.

I figure. But the people uploading content are relying on a middleman application in the form of youtube. I understand the complaints but at the same time it seems everyone wants everything for free. It simply is not how things work. Sadly, people will likely succumb to all these policies. Just as when youtube started flagging all these videos for copyright purposes, people complained yet they still continue to support the format.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 nintendoboy16

@Thunderdrone said:

..... wait, am I supposed to feel sorry for these lazy ass Youtubers trying to build careers as copyright leeches?

Because as much as I dont give a shit about nintendo's IP conduct, I care even less for this new wave of kids that complain when their "job" of filming themselves playing games is being flagged for broadcasting content they dont own and were not authorized to use for personal financial gain.

The thing is, even most YouTubers who have a partnership don't recommend it as their primary source.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

You know, I've been wondering that when Nintendo enters shit like this, I really have to wonder if many (not everyone of course) in the gaming community and the games industry REALLY have much ground to stand on in mourning them SHOULD the day they become bankrupt arrive, considering they've been called dictatorial or, hell, I've seen comments that compare them to freaking organized crime bosses (again: European Mafia, Japanese Yakuza, Chinese Triad, take your pick).

I'm not saying what they're doing is right, but still...

Nintendo doesn't deserve to be mourned if they continue to act like this.

Tell that to the hypocrites who'll end up doing that anyway.

Just because someone has criticized a company does not automatically make them a hypocrite in mourning their demise. Has it ever occurred to you that some of the criticism leveled against Nintendo is because people enjoy what they offer and wish to see them improve and succeed?

There's a difference between hate and constructive criticism, don't confuse the two.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:

I have to agree. The people who make vids of them playing a game deserve jack shit. However, the independent reviewers who actually do work have a right to bitch.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By nintendoboy16

@MirkoS77 said:

Just because someone has criticized a company does not automatically make them a hypocrite in mourning their demise. Has it ever occurred to you that some of the criticism leveled against Nintendo is because people enjoy what they offer and wish to see them improve and succeed?

There's a difference between hate and constructive criticism, don't confuse the two.

And has IT occurred to you that the criticism can build up to the point of no return? Because it's surely showing it with Nintendo. Almost George Lucas level (which had HARDLY ANY Star Wars/Indiana Jones fans shed any tears when he sold the series to Disney).

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I can't help but think this is mainly a cultural thing. Not only just the fact it's a Japanese owned and based company, but that it's Nintendo. They all ways seem to be off in their own little world not really taking notice to how things are changing outside themselves and their country and where all that seems to lead down the line. This is a prime example of that. Screwing people who are advertising your games and services is so far out of touch with how to gain an online following and their support in 2015 that it's hard to believe it's even doing it. How much do you want to bet the companies PR division is no where near located close to their law offices that deal and ship out these new decisions.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

Dumb control freaks.

They are almost as bad as microsoft at this point.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MirkoS77

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

And has IT occurred to you that the criticism can build up to the point of no return? Because it's surely showing it with Nintendo. Almost George Lucas level (which had HARDLY ANY Star Wars/Indiana Jones fans shed any tears when he sold the series to Disney).

Perhaps Nintendo under the current management doesn't deserve its legacy? At least Lucas was the main visionary for creating Star Wars even though he slowly desecrated it. You of all people know how I feel about Iwata and the leadership currently. But when criticism keeps building and building, and a business suffers and suffers, you have to ask yourself where the blame really lays. Some does lay with the customer, but a large portion lay with the business and its refusal to adapt and modernize.

You are not stupid, but I do believe you to be so biased towards Nintendo that it is skewing your ability to view things objectively (as best as one can). If I were to ask you what do you consider wrong moves by Nintendo over the years, and the reasons they're currently in the position they are, I doubt I could get many answers that assign blame without the consumer in mind.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MirkoS77

@ribstaylor1 said:

I can't help but think this is mainly a cultural thing. Not only just the fact it's a Japanese owned and based company, but that it's Nintendo. They all ways seem to be off in their own little world not really taking notice to how things are changing outside themselves and their country and where all that seems to lead down the line. This is a prime example of that. Screwing people who are advertising your games and services is so far out of touch with how to gain an online following and their support in 2015 that it's hard to believe it's even doing it. How much do you want to bet the companies PR division is no where near located close to their law offices that deal and ship out these new decisions.

I think Nintendo is a bit delusional. They still see themselves as the leader, their legacy has gotten to their head, and they can't quite comprehend how they're not considered the end all be all to gaming.

They're Nintendo.

And that's what makes all their moves all the more pathetic and laughable. There's nothing worse than someone who has no clue about the world around them and continues to act as if they are #1. It's hilarious and painful to watch, but also a bit sad.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

I think Nintendo is a bit delusional. They still see themselves as the leader, their legacy has gotten to their head, and they can't quite comprehend how they're not considered the end all be all to gaming.

They're Nintendo.

And that's what makes all their moves all the more pathetic and laughable. There's nothing worse than someone who has no clue about the world around them and continues to act as if they are #1. It's hilarious and painful to watch, but also a bit sad.

That means absolutely nothing for over 20 years now. The PS1 destroyed the N64 and took a huge chunk of nintendos marketshare. The console market has no allegiance for the most part. They have no reason to get a big head at all. Not then and especially not now.

I think they want to control how their IPs get presented and pressure the mostly nintendo based channels into submission.

Some guy asked earlier why he should feel guilty or empathy towards youtubers. I dont feel any sympathy towards them, but that does not mean that people should be okay if a corporation wants to force their will on them just to gain money and control.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I always thought it was a bit dodgy how people uploaded whatever they wanted up online. Whenever I write reports, edit videos, record music and whatnot, I'm very careful with copyright infringement. Fair Use clearly states that you can use exerts (i.e not large copies) of media and use it for criticism (reviews), commentary (saying something about the game), parody (replicating in an ironic or comedic fashion) and educational use. Let's Players clearly don't do any of these things. They just play through a game (alongside with their personality talking over the game of course). The whole Youtube sensation went into using IP without permission and without thinking about repercussions, and now a company is actually doing something about their IPs, making it a thorny issue. I know it's a bit weird of Nintendo to do this, but realistically, it's on the Let's Players here too, and you can't really blame a company for protecting their IP.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MirkoS77

@thegreatgeneral said:
@MirkoS77 said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

They're Nintendo.

That means absolutely nothing for over 20 years anymore. The PS1 destroyed the N64 and took a huge chunk of nintendos marketshare. The console market has no allegiance for the most part. They have no reason to get a big head at all. Not then and especially not now.

Tell that to Nintendo.

They are exceptionally proud and consequently arrogant because of it. They make excellent software and know this, they were largely responsible for reviving a dying industry, and have also been responsible for numerous innovations (analog sticks, shoulder buttons, vibration, motion controls) and legendary IPs throughout the years. They are the Disney of gaming. There's every single reason for their heads to get inflated as it has. Especially given the Wii's success on top of all of this.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By nintendoboy16

@MirkoS77 said:

Perhaps Nintendo under the current management doesn't deserve its legacy? At least Lucas was the main visionary for creating Star Wars even though he slowly desecrated it. You of all people know how I feel about Iwata and the leadership currently. But when criticism keeps building and building, and a business suffers and suffers, you have to ask yourself where the blame really lays. Some does lay with the customer, but a large portion lay with the business and its refusal to adapt and modernize.

You are not stupid, but I do believe you to be so biased towards Nintendo that it is skewing your ability to view things objectively (as best as one can). If I were to ask you what do you consider wrong moves by Nintendo over the years, and the reasons they're currently in the position they are, I doubt I could get many answers that assign blame without the consumer in mind.

What and ol' George has NEVER got similar reception for all the bullshit he committed and said, right? Seriously, hardly anybody would miss him if he left directing or ANY projects related to films for good as they SHOULD, considering the downward reception the man has received over the years. On top of that, how many people are going to mourn the likes of Capcom when they go officially under? I doubt many because anything about them that was mourned was a long time ago when the likes of Inafune, Kamiya, etc left the company and their downward spiral came. Again, that should be the case, because Capcom grew to be so hated with every ounce of criticism they got.

So again , referring to the last response:

@MirkoS77 said:

How the hell wouldn't it be hypocritical? They are getting DESPISED to the point of being compared to dictators, terrorists that share the same name as an Egyptian goddess, and/or organized crime factions. Even IF Nintendo deserved that criticism that got them this reception, that still doesn't stop it from gamers potentially sending mixed messages on how they really feel about the company and their practices. By that logic, they SHOULDN'T be missing Nintendo, rather, celebrate their leave.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MirkoS77

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

What and ol' George has NEVER got similar reception for all the bullshit he committed and said, right? Seriously, hardly anybody would miss him if he left directing or ANY projects related to films for good as they SHOULD, considering the downward reception the man has received over the years. On top of that, how many people are going to mourn the likes of Capcom when they go officially under? I doubt many because anything about them that was mourned was a long time ago when the likes of Inafune, Kamiya, etc left the company and their downward spiral came. Again, that should be the case, because Capcom grew to be so hated with every ounce of criticism they got.

So again , referring to the last response:

@MirkoS77 said:

How the hell wouldn't it be hypocritical? They are getting DESPISED to the point of being compared to dictators, terrorists that share the same name as an Egyptian goddess, and/or organized crime factions. Even IF Nintendo deserved that criticism that got them this reception, that still doesn't stop it from gamers potentially sending mixed messages on how they really feel about the company and their practices. By that logic, they SHOULDN'T be missing Nintendo, rather, celebrate their leave.

As I'm sure some will. But again, there are two separate audiences you are seeing as a collective which is wrong. People who hate Nintendo will not be mourning their demise. People who don't will, even though they are heavily criticizing them (such as me). That does not make me a hypocrite despite what you think or want to believe to fit your "Nintendo's on a crucifix" agenda.

And I consider what Lucas has done to the original trilogy far more grievous than Nintendo's decline.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By nintendoboy16

@MirkoS77 said:

As I'm sure some will. But again, there are two separate audiences you are seeing as a collective which is wrong. People who hate Nintendo will not be mourning their demise. People who don't will, even though they are heavily criticizing them (such as me). That does not make me a hypocrite despite what you think or want to believe to fit your "Nintendo's on a crucifix" agenda.

And I consider what Lucas has done to the original trilogy far more grievous than Nintendo's decline.

Depends on what you mean by put on the crucifix. A symbol of worship (while I may have Nintendo in my name, I don't worship them) or a form of punishment.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#73 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Nintendo is sucking and needs to stop sucking. Please help. Somebody, anybody. Cliffy B? Ken Levine? Someone

Robert_Mueller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Robert_Mueller
Member since 2015 • 164 Posts
@mikhail said:

“If I played a Nintendo game on my channel, most likely most of the views and ad revenue would come from the fact that my viewers are subscribed to me,” Kjellberg wrote. “Not necessarily because they want to watch a Nintendo game in particular.”

That might be true for PewDiePie who has more than 30 million subscribers, but I doubt that it is true in general. The majority of let's play videos that *I* have ever watched, I came across while searching for a particular game title.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@trugs26 said:

I always thought it was a bit dodgy how people uploaded whatever they wanted up online. Whenever I write reports, edit videos, record music and whatnot, I'm very careful with copyright infringement. Fair Use clearly states that you can use exerts (i.e not large copies) of media and use it for criticism (reviews), commentary (saying something about the game), parody (replicating in an ironic or comedic fashion) and educational use. Let's Players clearly don't do any of these things. They just play through a game (alongside with their personality talking over the game of course). The whole Youtube sensation went into using IP without permission and without thinking about repercussions, and now a company is actually doing something about their IPs, making it a thorny issue. I know it's a bit weird of Nintendo to do this, but realistically, it's on the Let's Players here too, and you can't really blame a company for protecting their IP.

Agreed.

If they don't agree with the policy, then don't post Nintendo videos and let Nintendo deal with it (for better or for worse). It's stupid to bash a company for doing what they want with THEIR intellectual properties.

Don't like their rules, don't play their game. (pun intended)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@mikhail: Here is my response to Nintendo

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 The_Last_Ride

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

They obviously don't want you to remove games that are from other publishers. I don't even get where you guys got that idea. As for the whitelist missing Smash Bros., the reason is pretty obvious, it has 3rd party characters and they probably don't have the right to make money from a video with them. Same with Hyrule Warriors that I notice is missing too.

It should also be noticed that their previous policy was that you did not get a penny. So I don't get why people are getting mad that they actually took a step in the (subjectively) right direction.

They can get fucked. People advertise their game and make people buy it. Yet that's not good enough. They want to eat the profits to from what someone else has done and just rake in the money...

it's fair use and they can get fucked. Nintendo is the only one doing this

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

As usual, Nintendo fans on here defending the indefensible.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

They obviously don't want you to remove games that are from other publishers. I don't even get where you guys got that idea. As for the whitelist missing Smash Bros., the reason is pretty obvious, it has 3rd party characters and they probably don't have the right to make money from a video with them. Same with Hyrule Warriors that I notice is missing too.

It should also be noticed that their previous policy was that you did not get a penny. So I don't get why people are getting mad that they actually took a step in the (subjectively) right direction.

They can get fucked. People advertise their game and make people buy it. Yet that's not good enough. They want to eat the profits to from what someone else has done and just rake in the money...

You're completely missing the point.

Previously Nintendo didn't allow people to make a penny. There was no outrage going on.

Now they decide to allow people to make money from their works, and people start raging.

It doesn't make sense.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Thunderdrone

@The_Last_Ride said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

lool

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Nintendo's leadership is as clueless as ever. At this point nothing Nintendo does surprises me anymore. It's like they exist in a bubble. Do they even review how other companies deal with issues???

Your console sales are in the toilet. I would think they would be happy people even review or use anything from their games. There is a clear cross generational disconnect at Nintendo. They seem clueless about social media and how the internet is used to market products. Hell they can't even figure out that online gaming is major yet going by the state of their network.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Proof people are misinformed. It used to be that people didn't make a penny off Nintendo games on youtube. It was Youtube 40% and Nintendo 60%, Youtuber, nothing. Now Youtube keeps its 40%, Youtuber gets 70%(of 60%, effectively 42%) and Nintendo gets 30%(of 70%, effectively 18%). I also think the impact of Youtubers' advertisement is greatly exaggerated. Indie games like Minecraft took off because of that but Nintendo is a household name and Super Smash Bros, Zelda and Mario Kart will sell regardless of some idiot making ridiculous commentaries while playing it.

I'm with Nintendo on that one. I see no reason why someone should make money off my content.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

@Thunderdrone: How are youtubers any different from gaming sites? Both do gaming related stuff and get paid for it.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@Icarian said:

@Thunderdrone: How are youtubers any different from gaming sites? Both do gaming related stuff and get paid for it.

Gaming sites do written reviews and show trailers and clips. Not entire playthroughs. Guys like Pewdipie pretty much show the entire game and expect Nintendo to let them make profits off their content just cause. I agree with Nintendo on that one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-660c2894dc19c

@Juub1990 said:

@Icarian said:

Gaming sites do written reviews and show trailers and clips. Not entire playthroughs. Guys like Pewdipie pretty much show the entire game and expect Nintendo to let them make profits off their content just cause. I agree with Nintendo on that one.

Some youtubers also do reviews, news, show trailers and talk about them. Gaming sites like Gamespot do let's plays as well. People watch youtubers because they like their content and personality. I would never go to youtube to search clips of Nintendo games, but I'd probably watch if TB would do a video about a Nintendo game.

Robert_Mueller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Robert_Mueller
@Icarian said:

I would never go to youtube to search clips of Nintendo games, but I'd probably watch if TB would do a video about a Nintendo game.

I cannot agree here. I have searched on Youtube for video games quite often, and I am sure others do it as well.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 The_Last_Ride

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@T3H_1337_N1NJ4 said:

You're completely missing the point.

Previously Nintendo didn't allow people to make a penny. There was no outrage going on.

Now they decide to allow people to make money from their works, and people start raging.

It doesn't make sense.

I said it before aswell. Now they're not just going to deny you to make money, they're demanding to delete all of your content and only cover certain games of theirs. They don't even include their own fucking games...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By MirkoS77

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Depends on what you mean by put on the crucifix. A symbol of worship (while I may have Nintendo in my name, I don't worship them) or a form of punishment.

You consistently act as if Nintendo is some innocent savior of gaming that is being persecuted for the sins of the gamers. Fault can never be laid at the feet of Nintendo, it's always of the consumers' making. So Nintendo is being crucified because (in your eyes) they refuse to embrace shitty practices such as exploitative DLC, MTs, releasing broken games, etc.

When in fact, they are being crucified because they continually ignore demand for things such as better online, a better Western focus with NoA having more anonymity, more modern policies, a more diversified lineup, a better VC, better stock (Amiibos, LEs, adapters). They insist on sticking by philosophies that are decades old and antiquated in the modern era, and people are throwing up their hands in frustration and moving on.

Nintendo's largely stuck in the past along with a "we don't care" attitude to compliment it. That is why they're suffering, and they will continue to suffer until that changes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-660c2894dc19c

@robert_mueller said:
@Icarian said:

I would never go to youtube to search clips of Nintendo games, but I'd probably watch if TB would do a video about a Nintendo game.

I cannot agree here. I have searched on Youtube for video games quite often, and I am sure others do it as well.

But are you going to stay and subscribe because of the game or because of the person doing the video? I don't remember when was the last time I had to search for a gameplay video on Youtube. I'm subscribed to enough Youtubers, that no interesting game goes by without me seeing some kind of video on it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 nintendoboy16

@MirkoS77 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

You consistently act as if Nintendo is some innocent savior of gaming that is being persecuted for the sins of the gamers. Fault can never be laid at the feet of Nintendo, it's always of the consumers' making. So Nintendo is being crucified because (in your eyes) they refuse to embrace shitty practices such as exploitative DLC, MTs, releasing broken games, etc.

When in fact, they are being crucified because they continually ignore demand for things such as better online, a better Western focus with NoA having more anonymity, more modern policies, a more diversified lineup, a better VC, better stock (Amiibos, LEs, adapters). They insist on sticking by philosophies that are decades old and antiquated in the modern era, and people are throwing up their hands in frustration and moving on.

Nintendo's largely stuck in the past along with a "we don't care" attitude to compliment it. That is why they're suffering, and they will continue to suffer until that changes.

Even though I've said many times that all sides are to blame? I've never said Nintendo was exempt from blame on everything.

Giving NoA more "anonymity" RISKS a SEGA re-enactment. SoA had freedom from SoJ, but branches of the company broke apart and played a role in their demise alongside the failures of their hardware. Crap, they never could even agree on decisions that may or may not have saved them. So, I guess you'd be in support of "anonymity" at Nintendo of America even if it goes as far as a corporate civil war with NoJ the LIKE Sega's American and Japanese branches did, as long as you're gonna mention those developers Iwata cut loose and get something like that?

Last I checked, Sony, who you're on much better terms with, STILL takes orders from Japan. I remember a couple years back when, amidst reports of Sony no longer allowing used games (which thank god, that never happened) Jack Tretton, after saying he supports allowing them, also noted that it's not his decision, but the decision of his bosses in Japan.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By MirkoS77

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Even though I've said many times that all sides are to blame? I've never said Nintendo was exempt from blame on everything.

Giving NoA more "anonymity" RISKS a SEGA re-enactment. SoA had freedom from SoJ, but branches of the company broke apart and played a role in their demise alongside the failures of their hardware. Crap, they never could even agree on decisions that may or may not have saved them. So, I guess you'd be in support of "anonymity" at Nintendo of America even if it goes as far as a corporate civil war with NoJ the LIKE Sega's American and Japanese branches did, as long as you're gonna mention those developers Iwata cut loose and get something like that?

Last I checked, Sony, who you're on much better terms with, STILL takes orders from Japan. I remember a couple years back when, amidst reports of Sony no longer allowing used games (which thank god, that never happened) Jack Tretton, after saying he supports allowing them, also noted that it's not his decision, but the decision of his bosses in Japan.

Sega was destroyed by poor management. Does that mean that's a given for every company on Earth? Have other companies proven that what Sega did can be successful when under the wing of the capable? Of course it can. Sure giving NoA more freedom is a risk, and probably would end up being another clusterfuck under Iwata as the guy is the definition of incompetence in everything he does (in terms of running a business at least). But that doesn't mean it's not possible to make work under different leadership that knows what they're doing.

Everything is so black and white with you. Do you really believe if Nintendo handed more freedom to NoA they'd go down the road Sega did? Why? Nintendo's past has provided evidence (pretty much proof) against your position that it can succeed in cooperation with NCL when properly managed. NoA was very capable under the tenure of Lincoln (a hardass businessman if I've ever seen one, Yamauchi's Western equal) while still taking orders from Japan, it was allowed to pursue licenses relevant to the West and established studios that catered to their tastes, and we saw the best they had under the leadership and allowance of people who lived in the area they operated in. Not micromanaged and every move scrutinized from NoJ thousands of miles away. That strategy is working wonders, isn't it?

Sony has also demonstrated with the success of the PS4 how a Japanese based company can allow a foreign branch to take massive predominance in markets that hold the most relevance and make something of it without compromising or conflicting their entire business integrity and the territory in which it originally resides. I can't comprehend how you can defend Nintendo neglecting the Western market under such rationale given the importance that it plays in gaming nowadays. Jesus, you'd think with your mentality international businesses are an impossibility. They are a reality, and they work all the time.....under competent management.

Of course I wouldn't advocate a civil war between NoA and NoJ. You know why that might happen? Because the leadership in Japan doesn't have a pair of balls to put their foot down and kick these people into shape and let them know their place. Nintendo is being run by a bunch of fucking pansies, with the biggest one in the CEO's chair. Nintendo's never going to get anywhere as long as Iwata sits there, bows humbly, and treats his position as a goddamn democracy. He needs to have a strong vision, and he needs to enforce it by the privilege his position has afforded him. He is a CEO.

As long as he sits there and lets his company be run by committee, I doubt anything of any real significance is going to be accomplished. I want him gone because HE IS NOT AN AGGRESSIVE LEADER. And boy, does it show.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By nintendoboy16

@MirkoS77 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Sega was destroyed by poor management. Does that mean that's a given for every company on Earth? Have other companies proven that what Sega did can be successful when under the wing of the capable? Of course it can. Sure giving NoA more freedom is a risk, and probably would end up being another clusterfuck under Iwata as the guy is the definition of incompetence in everything he does (in terms of running a business at least). But that doesn't mean it's not possible to make work under different leadership that knows what they're doing.

Everything is so black and white with you. Do you really believe if Nintendo handed more freedom to NoA they'd go down the road Sega did? Why? Nintendo's past has provided evidence (pretty much proof) against your position that it can succeed in cooperation with NCL when properly managed. NoA was very capable under the tenure of Lincoln (a hardass businessman if I've ever seen one, Yamauchi's Western equal) while still taking orders from Japan, it was allowed to pursue licenses relevant to the West and established studios that catered to their tastes, and we saw the best they had under the leadership and allowance of people who lived in the area they operated in. Not micromanaged and every move scrutinized from NoJ thousands of miles away. That strategy is working wonders, isn't it?

Sony has also demonstrated with the success of the PS4 how a Japanese based company can allow a foreign branch to take massive predominance in markets that hold the most relevance and make something of it without compromising or conflicting their entire business integrity and the territory in which it originally resides. I can't comprehend how you can defend Nintendo neglecting the Western market under such rationale given the importance that it plays in gaming nowadays. Jesus, you'd think with your mentality international businesses are an impossibility. They are a reality, and they work all the time.....under competent management.

Of course I wouldn't advocate a civil war between NoA and NoJ. You know why that might happen? Because the leadership in Japan doesn't have a pair of balls to put their foot down and kick these people into shape and let them know their place. Nintendo is being run by a bunch of fucking pansies, with the biggest one in the CEO's chair. Nintendo's never going to get anywhere as long as Iwata sits there, bows humbly, and treats his position as a goddamn democracy. He needs to have a strong vision, and he needs to enforce it by the privilege his position has afforded him. He is a CEO.

As long as he sits there and lets his company be run by committee, I doubt anything of any real significance is going to be accomplished. I want him gone because HE IS NOT AN AGGRESSIVE LEADER. And boy, does it show.

Well, considering you're also calling Nintendo's management poor as we speak, what do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Alright how about a different angle.

How SHOULD things play out?

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Thunderdrone

@Icarian said:

@Juub1990 said:

@Icarian said:

Some youtubers also do reviews, news, show trailers and talk about them. Gaming sites like Gamespot do let's plays as well. People watch youtubers because they like their content and personality. I would never go to youtube to search clips of Nintendo games, but I'd probably watch if TB would do a video about a Nintendo game.

And how is any of this relevant to the fact that this hipothetical Nintendo-related video of yours, is still broadcasting large video files of unauthorized copyrighted material the Youtube page owner uses for his own financial profit?

Total Biscuit's amazing personality, pretty eyes or whatever the **** people like about him, has no consequence on the fact that monetizing assets owned by other businesses is not right.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#95 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

ITT: Nintendo servants.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By MirkoS77

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Well, considering you're also calling Nintendo's management poor as we speak, what do you think?

About what? EDIT: Ah, didn't see the bolded.

I think Nintendo is in trouble as long as this leadership remains. If there were people in charge that knew how to run things I don't see the problem. I'm getting the impression from you you think it's inevitable such a move would be a recipe for failure despite if it's made under competent management or not.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By jg4xchamp

@MirkoS77 said:

About what?

The notion that handing over the reigns to NoA would be the wiser move and wouldn't be a Sega scenario. In fact it is incredibly ignorant if we're being nice, and honestly a bit too rosey of a scenario to act like NoA isn't just as shitty at this point. If anything of the big 3 Nintendo factions, NoA might actually be the worst. Europe gets dicked over, but they don't hold nearly the same level of sway Japan/America do, and nothing in the last **** decade would give you the indication that Reggie's team hasn't been running on a bullshit speech he made at E3 in like 05, and a bunch of memes.

It's not just Iwata that needs to go, as much as it is a lot of guys on their western front as well. Those guys are just as out of touch as their Japanese side.

Robert_Mueller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Robert_Mueller
@Icarian said:

@robert_mueller said:

But are you going to stay and subscribe because of the game or because of the person doing the video? I don't remember when was the last time I had to search for a gameplay video on Youtube. I'm subscribed to enough Youtubers, that no interesting game goes by without me seeing some kind of video on it.

I can only speak for myself, but *I* am only interested in the games and *not* in the person. Consequently, I have not subscribed any let's play channels. When I look for a gameplay video I just search for the game's title.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Juub1990 said:

@Icarian said:

Guys like Pewdiepie also have enough sway to swing a reprint and sales bump for like a 4 year old game like Skate 3 just based on the premise that they played it, and showed how well it plays.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MirkoS77

@jg4xchamp said:

@MirkoS77 said:

About what?

The notion that handing over the reigns to NoA would be the wiser move and wouldn't be a Sega scenario. In fact it is incredibly ignorant if we're being nice, and honestly a bit too rosey of a scenario to act like NoA isn't just as shitty at this point. If anything of the big 3 Nintendo factions, NoA might actually be the worst. Europe gets dicked over, but they don't hold nearly the same level of sway Japan/America do, and nothing in the last **** decade would give you the indication that Reggie's team hasn't been running on a bullshit speech he made at E3 in like 05, and a bunch of memes.

It's not just Iwata that needs to go, as much as it is a lot of guys on their western front as well. Those guys are just as out of touch as their Japanese side.

When one of Iwata's first moves on becoming the CEO was to eviscerate NoA's studios, closing them down and moving all their unfinished development to NoJ for completion (one of the worst moves Nintendo has ever made), I have an incredibly hard time buying that those at NoA have much power to do anything or hold any real power. Especially considering Iwata appointed himself NoA's CEO a year or so back and things have shown no degree of improvement but have only seemingly gotten worse.

The problem lies in Japan. If NoA is not towing the line, it is ultimately Kyoto's responsibility to get it in shape.