stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I think it is garbage and a massive slap in the face to anyone who bought a Wii u.

But there is nintendo fanboys in this very thread who like the abuse and plan on buying the Wii u ports for full price.

It is baffling.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

One small thing that pisses me off is the HDMI cable. It's far too short. If you have a mounted TV on the wall, unless the Switch it sitting on something high up, it won't reach it.

For the price they are asking, they are being cheap assholes.

1. Want you to buy a pro controller for an additional £60

2. No protect case

3. No screen protector (with reports of screens scratching when docking)

4. Small storage demanding separate purchase of sdcard third party.

5. Payed online offering practically nothing in return

The 3/2DS is currently a way better purchase. If it wasn't for Mario Odyssey or the massively overrated Breath Of The Skyrim this thing would be ripped apart.

And speaking of Skyrim, I hope you like paying more than the original launch price of release for a 7+ year old game sucker. With no mod support to boot. The Eshop might well be a pyramid scheme.

Can you get custom screen protector? like Geek Squad has their own custom cut's by measurements for tablets/phones.. guess i could ask.

The Pro controller is something I'd really want, it resembles an Xbox controller somewhat.. but damn, that thing is expensive in Canada!

You want only Tempered-Glass for the Switch. Trust me on this. It's very cheap and easy to find online.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@stuff238 said:

I think it is garbage and a massive slap in the face to anyone who bought a Wii u.

But there is nintendo fanboys in this very thread who like the abuse and plan on buying the Wii u ports for full price.

It is baffling.

So have you've never bought a PS3 port for the PS4?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#54 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41570 Posts

@stuff238 said:

It is baffling.

Oh please! Like you gave a f*** for the Wii U at all.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59240 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

One small thing that pisses me off is the HDMI cable. It's far too short. If you have a mounted TV on the wall, unless the Switch it sitting on something high up, it won't reach it.

For the price they are asking, they are being cheap assholes.

1. Want you to buy a pro controller for an additional £60

2. No protect case

3. No screen protector (with reports of screens scratching when docking)

4. Small storage demanding separate purchase of sdcard third party.

5. Payed online offering practically nothing in return

The 3/2DS is currently a way better purchase. If it wasn't for Mario Odyssey or the massively overrated Breath Of The Skyrim this thing would be ripped apart.

And speaking of Skyrim, I hope you like paying more than the original launch price of release for a 7+ year old game sucker. With no mod support to boot. The Eshop might well be a pyramid scheme.

Can you get custom screen protector? like Geek Squad has their own custom cut's by measurements for tablets/phones.. guess i could ask.

The Pro controller is something I'd really want, it resembles an Xbox controller somewhat.. but damn, that thing is expensive in Canada!

I use this, £14, solidly built. Can get it wired and unwired. Thank you China.

And yea, basically what the fellow said above, £5 for a pack of 3 here. Should have came with it though. £360 this shit cost, couldn't even be arsed giving a screen protector.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

As a console its a dud, as a handheld its really solid hardware.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I would just get rid of it if you don't like it. I'm sure you could find someone that would be happy to take it off your hands.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Sounds like you're just desperately trying to hate it.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#59 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

1. The screen is actually really nice quality. I was impressed with the picture resolution. It's also very cool to be able to prop it up anywhere and play with the pro controller (which is a very nice, well made controller, however I do think it's overpriced).

^Agreed

2. Odyssey is a great game, and I'm havin fun with Splat 2.

^Agreed

Yeah, but what about those negatives that's gonna bring in the comments on this thread?

1. The dumbest decision I've ever seen in a video game is locking Salmon Run (Nintendo's version of Gears of War horde) to being only available at certain times. People say it's to "make it not get boring" or make it more enjoyable". Ok two things, 1.) Out of the hundreds of games that offer all game modes any time I want to play them I’ve never had this problem. And if that’s the case then Nintendo needs to have way more game modes to justify the games existence. 2.) If you pay 60 dollars for fuckin a video game you should be able to play any game mode you want whenever you want.

^This seems like a really weird negative for a SYSTEM. Who goes after the PS4 as a system because TLG has awkward controls?

2. The Switch is CHEAP. It looks cheap. It feels cheap. But ironically it's not cheap to buy. From the flimsy joycons to the cheapy plastic of its holder to the dock thats small and flimsy, it's damn cheap.

^What on earth are you talking about? This is the sturdiest feeling thing ever. Only thing that would make it feel sturdier would be a proper gorilla glass screen. The system feels a real premium build, and the joycons are not only really sturdy and creak-free, but they have FANTASTIC motion control and rumble, and nice improvements like analog sticks that cant wear grooves in themselves because they can't be over-extended. PSP, 3DS, Vita, Wii U gamepad - these feel like toys compared to the Switch.

3. This is a great invention to chill in bed, or at an airport, or anywhere really and surf the web, watch Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, ect. but wait YOU CANT. This thing has no apps, nothing to do but play games on it. And they wanna start charging for the internet? What?

^Agreed

3. The menu/UI/whatever looks cheap and is so bland and basic. IMO not a lot of thought or effort went into it...it's even more plain than the PS4 interface which I always thought was easy to use but unprofessional looking.

^Again here we disagree. Switch > PS4 > X1 UI. I don't need all those ads and bullshit - it's as intuitive as could be EXCEPT for asinine power setting behavior. The store, however, sucks nuts and is the worst of the 3 by far.

4. Why does it get so hot? Seriously, playing with this thing, docked or undocked, it gets super hot. Like old cell phones did. Please tell me this isn't normal and it's just something wrong with mine. Tell me.

^Mine doesn't get very hot at all

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

You got a switch you didn't ask for? So yeah you don't like it because you didn't want it to begin with obvs. If i got the One X i wouldn't like it because i have no use for it.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

I disagree... cheap and flimsy hardware is not what I'm experiencing

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@xantufrog said:
@jcrame10 said:

1. The screen is actually really nice quality. I was impressed with the picture resolution. It's also very cool to be able to prop it up anywhere and play with the pro controller (which is a very nice, well made controller, however I do think it's overpriced).

^Agreed

2. Odyssey is a great game, and I'm havin fun with Splat 2.

^Agreed

Yeah, but what about those negatives that's gonna bring in the comments on this thread?

1. The dumbest decision I've ever seen in a video game is locking Salmon Run (Nintendo's version of Gears of War horde) to being only available at certain times. People say it's to "make it not get boring" or make it more enjoyable". Ok two things, 1.) Out of the hundreds of games that offer all game modes any time I want to play them I’ve never had this problem. And if that’s the case then Nintendo needs to have way more game modes to justify the games existence. 2.) If you pay 60 dollars for fuckin a video game you should be able to play any game mode you want whenever you want.

^This seems like a really weird negative for a SYSTEM. Who goes after the PS4 as a system because TLG has awkward controls?

2. The Switch is CHEAP. It looks cheap. It feels cheap. But ironically it's not cheap to buy. From the flimsy joycons to the cheapy plastic of its holder to the dock thats small and flimsy, it's damn cheap.

^What on earth are you talking about? This is the sturdiest feeling thing ever. Only thing that would make it feel sturdier would be a proper gorilla glass screen. The system feels a real premium build, and the joycons are not only really sturdy and creak-free, but they have FANTASTIC motion control and rumble, and nice improvements like analog sticks that cant wear grooves in themselves because they can't be over-extended. PSP, 3DS, Vita, Wii U gamepad - these feel like toys compared to the Switch.

3. This is a great invention to chill in bed, or at an airport, or anywhere really and surf the web, watch Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, ect. but wait YOU CANT. This thing has no apps, nothing to do but play games on it. And they wanna start charging for the internet? What?

^Agreed

3. The menu/UI/whatever looks cheap and is so bland and basic. IMO not a lot of thought or effort went into it...it's even more plain than the PS4 interface which I always thought was easy to use but unprofessional looking.

^Again here we disagree. Switch > PS4 > X1 UI. I don't need all those ads and bullshit - it's as intuitive as could be EXCEPT for asinine power setting behavior. The store, however, sucks nuts and is the worst of the 3 by far.

4. Why does it get so hot? Seriously, playing with this thing, docked or undocked, it gets super hot. Like old cell phones did. Please tell me this isn't normal and it's just something wrong with mine. Tell me.

^Mine doesn't get very hot at all

1. Seeing how I've had the system for less than a week with only 2 games, it was a fair negative. One that could easily be avoided with better game design.

2. the material is light and cheap feeling, the joycons are small and tiny. uncomfortable

3. I don't think the PS4 interface is perfect and the Xbox has sucked since day one regardless of updates. Switch is just plain.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@jcrame10: That Splatoon complaint isn't really a Switch design fault at all. It's more of a Nintendo thing in general.

The example @xantufrog gave was perfect. You wouldn't consider the PS4 a flawed system because The Last Guardian has faulty controls.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

@mojito1988 said:

I would just get rid of it if you don't like it. I'm sure you could find someone that would be happy to take it off your hands.

Apparently it was much easier to come on here and lament about his lack of satisfaction rather than selling it online in a quick fashion.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11241 Posts

This is a good honest review of the hardware. To anyone that isn't a Nintendo slave, this device is definitely lacking in the basics. But as time goes by, hopefully Nintendo will get the next iteration of the Switch right, or at least better. For a tablet device they have to stay up on the UI.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

So guess who got a Nintendo Switch for Christmas AND didnt even ask for it? That's right, me!

And wow, I was sad my brother paid 300 for this thing.

And yet you complain about it? :-/

I personally dislike Nintendo, and I'd never buy a Nintendo console, but come on man.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Won’t bother arguing with all the fanboys nonsense( you are a well known cow after all) but if your switch gets very hot after use, I would definitely take it back... I can play with mine for hours without heat issues!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

It looks and feels cheap what?

I mean, such a dramatic title for such minor shitty issues.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 uninspiredcup

@IgGy621985 said:
@jcrame10 said:

So guess who got a Nintendo Switch for Christmas AND didnt even ask for it? That's right, me!

I personally dislike Nintendo, and I'd never buy a Nintendo console, but come on man.

It's more expensive than an Xbox or Ps4, so hopefully he can swap it.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jcrame10

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@jcrame10: That Splatoon complaint isn't really a Switch design fault at all. It's more of a Nintendo thing in general.

The example @xantufrog gave was perfect. You wouldn't consider the PS4 a flawed system because The Last Guardian has faulty controls.

well, Splatoon has a lot of bad ideas then.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jcrame10

@djoffer said:

Won’t bother arguing with all the fanboys nonsense( you are a well known cow after all) but if your switch gets very hot after use, I would definitely take it back... I can play with mine for hours without heat issues!

yes, there is a lot of fanboy nonsense here. i cant even respond to all of their comments.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 jcrame10

@BenjaminBanklin said:

This is a good honest review of the hardware. To anyone that isn't a Nintendo slave, this device is definitely lacking in the basics. But as time goes by, hopefully Nintendo will get the next iteration of the Switch right, or at least better. For a tablet device they have to stay up on the UI.

the menus, especially e-shop, look so boring and bland on the tv

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@jcrame10 said:

Why the hell would anyone swap a gifted console? Or any gift at that matter?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jcrame10

@IgGy621985 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@jcrame10 said:

right, just because im complaining about some obvious lackluster features, doesnt mean im not gonna keep it and play with it.

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@jcrame10 said:

Without doubt the dumbest thing I've read this week. You know gaming is going to the shitter when a "gamer" (i'm using that term very loosely) complains that all he can do is game on his gaming machine.

Apps are a standard feature on consoles nowadays. I can't see why this isn't a valid complaint. I mean, even the 3DS has Netflix, does it not? Consoles are *expected* to be more versatile than gaming devices and this expectation has been around for a decade or so now.

It really is a shame when you have a system like the Switch that could be really useful as a portable device with a decent portable screen for streaming/internet, but the system has no such functionality. For someone like me who has multiple devices, it's not a big deal, but it still is disappointing, and certainly bad for people who don't have the devices I do, or can only really bring a Switch on their trip.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 uninspiredcup

@jcrame10 said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@jcrame10 said:

right, just because im complaining about some obvious lackluster features, doesnt mean im not gonna keep it and play with it.

These complaints are hollow and hypocritical if you're not planning on getting rid of it.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@jcrame10:

When are you selling your Switch sir?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

The Switch hardware feels sturdy and has a nice weight to it, I don't know what you're talking about. The dock feels flimsy, but it's only there to make playing on the big screen easier/faster. I'd take a fast simple UI over cluttered and overly stylized slow UI, so again I don't know what's the problem? It's fast, compare it to Xbox One which is laughably clunky and slow.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#80 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@stuff238 said:

It is baffling.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@stuff238 said:

It is baffling.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Switch is awesome and Nintendo has done good this gen. Just have to take off your fanboy glasses to actually see it. That is the issue in this place to many damn fanboys that cant enjoy gaming because they are to busy trying to make the other consoles look bad. Truly sad and pathetic!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#83 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

That's nice.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#84 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Reads title and sees username*

Ok.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

I don't recall at which point in the lifetime of the Wii streaming apps were made available but I do know Netflix was available at the launch of the Wii U. I guess Hulu is fine but the Switch is in dire need of apps.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Negatives:

1. Agreed. Locking game modes to certain times is dumb.

2. Well for a launch console and handheld in one it's not that cheap.

3. It does have Hulu now so hopefully that's just a start. They are taking their time though.

3. I prefer the basic design, have yet to run in slowdown and crashes in the UI like I do with PS4.

4. I have not noticed this myself. I almost always play it docked though and can't say I check to see it's running hot every time.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22406 Posts

@Gatygun said:

As a console its a dud, as a handheld its really solid hardware.

Yeah, this... if I was to buy one, it'd be 99% of the time used as a handheld. For playing on TV, I just think it's too weak and the controller isn't up to scratch.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Nah, its awesome.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#89  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Huh. So I guess you like it best of the three.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#90 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

It sounds like the negatives you bring up are all things that will be solved in time. As consoles age, the build quality improves and the price goes down.

I actually agree though, that the Switch is not a great product. I think it has an incredible concept but some big flaws to go with it. I have not bought one yet, although I should also point out that I'm Canadian, and the prices of the Switch, the accessories and games is crazy. I'm basically waiting on either Nintendo to drop the price, or for the Canadian dollar to reach parity with the USD, or some combination of the two happening, just to but the price at a spot where I don't feel like an absolute sucker for buying one.

id_mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 id_mew
Member since 2007 • 608 Posts

I have a gaming PC and a PSpro and my Switch is getting the most use right now.

Being able to play console quality games on the go is amazing.

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

@stuff238 said:

It is baffling.

I can't completely disagree with this.

As a Wii U owner I do feel a bit ripped off... And not because of the Wii U itself, which is a console I actually enjoyed a whole lot - much better than the mediocre Wii, actually.

It's because now that I got a Switch for Christmas, I want to play Mario Kart 8 with my friends who have a Switch but not a Wii U. But I can't, because no way in the world am I paying a full $60 for a game I already paid $60 for three years ago.

So it makes me sad because I can't play with them, even though I *do* have Mario Kart 8, and I was one who actually supported Nintendo during their Wii U years. Yet this is what I get as a Wii U owner with the Switch. I get a Mario Kart port instead of a new Mario Kart, and I'm expected to pay full retail for the game to be able to play it on the Switch, even though I already bought it on the Wii U. Nintendo clearly doesn't care about me at all.

Nintendo fans really need to stop clamoring for ports. A console that runs on ports of a former console is not making a good name for itself, and it basically rewards the people who skipped the Wii U while slapping us Wii U owners in the face.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By jcrame10

@MarioFan264: I agree with you 100%. Switch is a great console for someone who owns nothing else.

Mario Kart 8, pokken tournament, bayonetta 1 and 2, Zelda are all on Wii U.

Lots of indies and AAAs on switch but they’re older and ports. Rayman legends, Doom, LA Noire, Skyrim, etc all great but many of us own them on 360, ps4, Xbox one, etc. and why are they charging so much for games that are so old?

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@stuff238: How much are the PS3 and Xbox 360 remasters on PS4 and Xbox One.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

You were impressed by the screen and its resolution? Lol? It's a 720p screen, is made of plastic, suffers from light bleed along the edges, and displays mostly washed out colours (compared to AMOLED).

Although it does its job, the screen is easily the worst part of the Switch. You either haven't tried the Switch and are trolling or you're clueless when it comes to evaluating technology and so your opinion is irrelevant.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Have been on the verge of buying one for a while but every time I look at the library and think, woah. Two games I'm interested in currently. Two.

Bayonetta will make its way there eventually, but how long do I have to wait? That's bound to be great but god. £300. What else is there? How long do people plan on waiting for them to even mention Metroid? The two I'm talking about, zelda, which I'm counting on being genuinely good as opposed to, well, overhyped as some of the others were (looking at you Skyward Sword, 7.5 here was about right for me - look at the reviews it received elsewhere!) but I can believe those. Nintendo listened. They actually stopped relying on old conventions. I'm talking about Mario, which isn't a game I personally need, but one good enough for me to buy. So basically, not worth getting right now. Where are the games? Don't quote rabbids at me or games like skyrim I bought years and years ago, cheaper, for a much better version. Doom? Got it. Twice. Once on VR. So we have a handful of charming games that aren't really worth full price like puyo puyo tetris. No Virtual console either.

Serious question, where are the games? Why are people acting like this library is hitting it out of the park? It's got two games so far that are actually big.Other than that?

You can't even use internet on it for some reason, because that would be so hard to implement.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 jcrame10

@UssjTrunks said:

You were impressed by the screen and its resolution? Lol? It's a 720p screen, is made of plastic, suffers from light bleed along the edges, and displays mostly washed out colours (compared to AMOLED).

Although it does its job, the screen is easily the worst part of the Switch. You either haven't tried the Switch and are trolling or you're clueless when it comes to evaluating technology and so your opinion is irrelevant.

its good resolution for being what size the tablet is. try again.

i've noticed on the tv it has some border problems though, in the eshop and splatoon 2

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Well apparently Hulu is def coming to the Switch and Netflix is guesstimated to follow soon after. A quick google search would of told you that.

The only thing that looks and feels cheap with the Switch is the dock

There are really only a few games really worth having, Doom actually looks great considering what you're playing it on, I'll def be getting it when there is a price drop. But there's tons of good stuff in the pipe line.

My Switch only gets noticeably hot when it's docked and played for a while. Outta dock it's warm at best.

It's Nintendo their UI's have always been meh but get the job done and stuff is easy to find.

A lot of your complaints come off as bias and nit picky, you don't like the system sell it, and break even or for a profit(actually all profit cause it was a gift) as some people aren't finding them quick enough and are still paying over retail for them.

Or keep it as you seemed pretty impressed with it as a portable system which it actually really is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯