Nintendo Responds To PlayStation Home

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Andrelll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Andrelll
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
Nintendo have gone on the offensive, head inside to check it out.

Yesterday at GDC, Sony announced the Play Station Home feature, which allows gamers to create an avatar-like character and communicate with gamers from all corners of the globe.

Today, Nintendo have hit back at Sony and have claimed that: "This is an example of Sony's "Mii-too" approach."

Miyamoto then admitted that Nintendo have considered this type of approach in the past, but insists that they are pleased enough with their current Mii system.

"Mii's have become a cultural phenomenon in their own right, appealing well beyond the traditional core gamer audience, and the process of populating them across the Wii universe is just beginning."
zeonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 zeonne
Member since 2003 • 5600 Posts
thats one weak response.........home is far advanced past mii its not even funny, thats like saying ford trucks rip off of wagons because wagons had wheels first LOL
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts
thats one weak response.........home is far advanced past mii its not even funny, thats like saying ford trucks rip off of wagons because wagons had wheels first LOLzeonne
I'll help with this... What was the Mii's purpose? To attract non-gamers, yes?
vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts
Yes, then whole Mii thing is a joke compared too PSH...
Thug_Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thug_Pikachu
Member since 2006 • 4725 Posts
sounds like Nintendo accpeted ownage :lol:
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
LOL, Nintendo WISHES Mii was comparable to PSH! :lol:
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

if we didnt copy eachother we wouild still be watching the first ever tv in a cave :l

and pshome isnt to much like mii

Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Teh_Stevz
sounds like Nintendo accpeted ownage :lol:Thug_Pikachu
It's the exact opposite. Their saying Sony's copying.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Timstuff
[QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]sounds like Nintendo accpeted ownage :lol:Teh_Stevz

What does Mii offer that's even remotely on par with Home? Crummy looking avatars that vaguely resemble the user? :lol:
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
lol. Nintendo is really hurting.

thats a weak attack, Nintendo try harder. lol.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
sounds like Nintendo accpeted ownage :lol:Thug_Pikachu

:lol:

I know.
zeonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zeonne

in other words their whining because sony is offering more to consumers then they do....thats not going to change that fact that home> mii 1 billion times over
ROCKBO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 ROCKBO
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts

if we didnt copy eachother we wouild still be watching the first ever tv in a cave :l

and pshome isnt to much like mii

alex1889
you copied my old post. kinda. jk good point
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Teh_Stevz
[QUOTE="Teh_Stevz"][QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]sounds like Nintendo accpeted ownage :lol:Timstuff

What does Mii offer that's even remotely on par with Home? Crummy looking avatars that vaguely resemble the user? :lol:

I don't agree with that comment totally. You know why? Sony's PSHome doesn't do what the Wii wants to do. The Wii wants to attract the non-gamer through it's games. PSHome isn't one. It's more like a profile to use, alike XBL. In a sence, it won't work as many PS3 enthusiasts tout it to.
-voodoo_child-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -voodoo_child-
Member since 2006 • 1648 Posts

Lets be fair though, I doubt any copying went on, Sony didn't see the whole Mii thing then go :shock:"S***" *frantically scribbling a Mii clone on bear mats and napkins to save time*....Something like this takes years of planning...
ROCKBO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ROCKBO
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts

and i ask you.............. So?
FFObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FFObsessed
Member since 2006 • 1854 Posts

"Not my problem"

Seriously tho, Nintendo rejected the idea? Yeh im sure they did, when they realised they didnt have the technical know how, talent or hardware to pull it off!

Where as Sony... they nailed it.

Nintendo, a little advice, get your console games that actually play online, then come and talk with the big boys about virtual worlds.

Baby steps Nintendo... baby steps.
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
MIYAMOTOZ IZ DAMAGEZ CONTROLLINZ!11!!11ONEONE!!1
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
Are people expecting some sorta rabid comeback?  An overpowering offensive gesture in where there will be proclaimations of 5D graphics and how motion sensing is so last, last gen?  Nintendo said from the start they aren't in direct competition with the PS3 or 360, so why would they bother taking jabs at their indirect competitors?
Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts
What is a Mii?
Andrelll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Andrelll
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
i was hoping nintendo woulda talked about how they were ganan make the mii's better than then saying it does not need improvment,they should never be pleased with what they got, and could always be looking to improve,this is a bit lazy from nintendo
ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 ihatebugers
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts
Nintendo: "Copy cats!"
Sony: "It's not copying, because our product will be better. If we were to copy it would be on your level."
Nintendo: "Uh...uh....QUICK! Find more things we can put two i's in!"
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
lol. Nintendo is really hurting.

thats a weak attack, Nintendo try harder. lol.

xxThyLordxx
Yeah, at least they try. Better than a Sim Online blatent ripoff.
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Teh_Stevz
i was hoping nintendo woulda talked about how they were ganan make the mii's better than then saying it does not need improvment,they should never be pleased with what they got, and could always be looking to improve,this is a bit lazy from nintendo Andrelll
I don't think they need to. They have set themselves for simplicity to attract gamers and non-gamers. I'm not sure what the PSH tries to do though.
zeonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zeonne
Nintendo: "Copy cats!"
Sony: "It's not copying, because our product will be better. If we were to copy it would be on your level."
Nintendo: "Uh...uh....QUICK! Find more things we can put two i's in!"ihatebugers
ROFL :lol:
NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
Nintendo is hurting soo bad that Sony's Mii-too looks like the Sims. I'm sure buying virtual furniture and *cough* ease of design *cough* will really attract the masses, unlike those horrible "Japanese Wooden Dolls".
Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
[QUOTE="Teh_Stevz"][QUOTE="Thug_Pikachu"]sounds like Nintendo accpeted ownage :lol:-voodoo_child-

Lets be fair though, I doubt any copying went on, Sony didn't see the whole Mii thing then go :shock:"S***" *frantically scribbling a Mii clone on bear mats and napkins to save time*....Something like this takes years of planning...

How does it take years of planning to copy virtual life sims? Maybe if Sony announced that Home will be available within the next few months I believe you., But to me it seems like they recently started drawing out the plans for this and we still have to wait and see if Home achieves its full potential and Sony keeps their promises.
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
Miis are a joke compared to what sony is doing...what the hell do you do with miis other than nothing? I have a wii and only thing i have ever done involving a mii is make it...after i did that i havnt seen him since...
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]Miis are a joke compared to what sony is doing...what the hell do you do with miis other than nothing? I have a wii and only thing i have ever done involving a mii is make it...after i did that i havnt seen him since...

What, did you not play Wii sports? You haven't downloaded the voting channel? you havent sent messages to other Wii friends? Nice try fakeboy
PS3SUXXBOXWINS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PS3SUXXBOXWINS
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic 
TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheWiikestLink
Member since 2006 • 1730 Posts
i havent been up to date on the news lately but i just went to gametrailers and saw this "ps home thing" ppl been talking about and i must say it looks simply amazing....it makes the mii thingy...seem...well crappy.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Timstuff
lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic lock this topic PS3SUXXBOXWINS
3 posts + name = :lol:
PS3SUXXBOXWINS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PS3SUXXBOXWINS
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
lolomgbbq 1Tz T3h MASSIVE DAMMAGE!!!!!!!!
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChipmunkDeluxe
[QUOTE="flazzle"][QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]Miis are a joke compared to what sony is doing...what the hell do you do with miis other than nothing? I have a wii and only thing i have ever done involving a mii is make it...after i did that i havnt seen him since...

What, did you not play Wii sports? You haven't downloaded the voting channel? you havent sent messages to other Wii friends? Nice try fakeboy

ive played wii sports...but thats it?? Thats really not that wonderful...you can create a character in boxing, baseball, tennis, and bowling games, and theres more to do with them and they are more in depth and better. And ive played voting channel...all you do with it is drag it to a spot on the floor... i want something good to come from using them...the beyond basic things you can do with them arent fun..i wanna walk around in my house with my friends characters though...that sounds fun...mii parades are kind of like that...only a lot more awful...
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Thanks Nintendo...you could have offered me the best...but Mii was all you thought I deserved.Thanks  for nothing.

jukieuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 jukieuk
Member since 2006 • 940 Posts
Miis are a joke compared to what sony is doing...what the hell do you do with miis other than nothing? I have a wii and only thing i have ever done involving a mii is make it...after i did that i havnt seen him since...ChipmunkDeluxe
The mii is not a joke, the fun you have in making them and they look so strange and funny and look like you at the sametime, i don't wanner play sim city or pay sony for  new wallpaper for my space.
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts

People on this website have such tunnel-vision, they are unable to see the big picture.

ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ChipmunkDeluxe
[QUOTE="jukieuk"][QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]Miis are a joke compared to what sony is doing...what the hell do you do with miis other than nothing? I have a wii and only thing i have ever done involving a mii is make it...after i did that i havnt seen him since...

The mii is not a joke, the fun you have in making them and they look so strange and funny and look like you at the sametime, i don't wanner play sim city or pay song for a new wallpaper for my space.

you have fun making them...alright..thats good...what happens when your done making them?? Theres pretyt much nothing to do with them....
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"][QUOTE="jukieuk"][QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]Miis are a joke compared to what sony is doing...what the hell do you do with miis other than nothing? I have a wii and only thing i have ever done involving a mii is make it...after i did that i havnt seen him since...

The mii is not a joke, the fun you have in making them and they look so strange and funny and look like you at the sametime, i don't wanner play sim city or pay song for a new wallpaper for my space.

you have fun making them...alright..thats good...what happens when your done making them?? Theres pretyt much nothing to do with them....

They are playable characters/avatars in games.
perfect_chao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 perfect_chao
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts

sony are copying nintendo's mii's.. it is really obvious to anyone..

so they got rumble back, first lied about how they didnt need it.. now they steal nintendos ideas.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts
The Mii's are super-kiddy and super-stupid and super-useless. They look dumb and you hardly use them besides for Wii Sports but they look so bad you can't help but laugh. No wonder people say Nintendo is kiddy.
jukieuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jukieuk
[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"][QUOTE="jukieuk"][QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]Miis are a joke compared to what sony is doing...what the hell do you do with miis other than nothing? I have a wii and only thing i have ever done involving a mii is make it...after i did that i havnt seen him since...

I play wii sports and wario ware with them, you can use them on the everybody votes game and more games in future.
perfect_chao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 perfect_chao
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts
The Mii's are super-kiddy and super-stupid and super-useless. They look dumb and you hardly use them besides for Wii Sports but they look so bad you can't help but laugh. No wonder people say Nintendo is for kids.AHUGECAT
Heh.. and its kinda funny that sony are so stupid to say they didnt need rumble, but now they are having it back.. all the fanboy noobs were like "rumble is teh suxorz" bu bu bu bu teh rumble!!
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 yermomsboxx
Member since 2005 • 6348 Posts
thats one weak response.........home is far advanced past mii its not even funny, thats like saying ford trucks rip off of wagons because wagons had wheels first LOLzeonne
Also including the fact that Home has been in development since '05, it's just sour grapes from Nintendo. "Uh...yeah, we thought of that a long time ago, WAY longer than Sony, but decided not to use a system like that because..."
jukieuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jukieuk
The Mii's are super-kiddy and super-stupid and super-useless. They look dumb and you hardly use them besides for Wii Sports but they look so bad you can't help but laugh. No wonder people say Nintendo is for kids.AHUGECAT
and the sony home mii look cool, grow up.
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ChipmunkDeluxe
[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"][QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"][QUOTE="jukieuk"][QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]Miis are a joke compared to what sony is doing...what the hell do you do with miis other than nothing? I have a wii and only thing i have ever done involving a mii is make it...after i did that i havnt seen him since...

They are playable characters/avatars in games.

i know that...but its not like your really playing them..they seem just kind of there....they didnt do much involving miis other than extremely basic stuff...wii sports is really, really average use of them....i wanna be able to walk around with them, have friends, pretty much everything the ps3 one does...anybody ever play cokemusic.com?? or habbo?? Or sims online??? That would be good use of miis...but if you cant see that there hasnt been much thought behind miis yet...then you are a sad, sad person....
Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts
damage control