Nintendo is digging themselves an early grave

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JordanizPro
Member since 2009 • 1912 Posts

By them releasing a new console this early will give the edge to Sony/MS because when they release there new console its going to be stronger.Developers arnt going to want to develope for the Wii 2 because of how weak it is and there just going to put there games on the Xbox 3 and PS4.Its like Nintendo didnt learn from the Wii 1 smh

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I think ninty knows what they doing.

JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JordanizPro

super600

2014 tech > 2010 tech

Nintendo obviously dont know how big of a mistake there making

Avatar image for SuprmanLuvHandl
SuprmanLuvHandl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SuprmanLuvHandl
Member since 2010 • 989 Posts

How about PS2 being released before Xbox, and 360 before PS3?

JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JordanizPro

SuprmanLuvHandl
The multiplats were possible on the PS2 so the xbox 1 didnt get a edge.The Wii 2 will not be able to handle 2014 games that will be developed for the Xbox 3 and PS4.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
1. It's 2011 2. Just because they announce it this year, doesn't mean it will be released this year, which brings to the next point 3. It hasn't even been officially announced.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
[QUOTE="SuprmanLuvHandl"]

JordanizPro
The multiplats were possible on the PS2 so the xbox 1 didnt get a edge.The Wii 2 will not be able to handle 2014 games that will be developed for the Xbox 3 and PS4.

How about PS1 before N64 then?
sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts
They will be successful like always. If the hardware will be only slightly more powerful and having more ram space means that it will be easier for devs to make games for it.
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

This is the next dreamcast folks. Same dumb controller too. Nintendo gonna be third party after this next console.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

The wii 1 which sold the most consoles in the history in gaming. Well it was joke to the core crowd. The wii sold so well. Now did that carry on for a long time no, will they be able to do it again, maybe but i'm not sure, personally i'm thinking no

Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

This is the next dreamcast folks. Same dumb controller too. Nintendo gonna be third party after this next console.

jimmypsn

The ignorance is outstanding.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#12 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

jimmypsn

Sega @ DreamCast = We has no more Moneyz! :cry: Better Go Multiplat.

Nintendo @ New Console (if true) = We has Moneyz and We wantz Moarz. ;)

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

No Nintendo is making the right move. They can't afford to put out a console at the same graphical level as Sony and MS can because they are just a gaming company only.. They cant afford to sell systems at huge losses and stay in business....

So instead of waiting they are going to strike first right when MS and Sony are ( for the lack of a better term) caught with their pants down.. They just went through this huge push of motion attachments, MS spending half a billion dollars just marketing theirs, so they are going to have to ride them out for a while, they can't afford to just up and launch a new system out of the blue like Nintendo can right now.

Nintendo might end up having as much as a two year lead and MS and Sony now, which is incredible because if game look a good deal better than the PS3 or 360, and nintendo is able to innovate and add new things etc. developers interest is going to totally be in their favor.

And think about this, Nintendo can have their launch year, which are always sort of lack luster in terms of software... but by year two theyll probably get things really rolling, have a huge library, and a large install base, and heck maybe even drop their prices before MS and Sony finally manage to launch their systems and have to go through their first year software struggle, and will probably be crazy expensive as well.

RAGEofSTUNTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 RAGEofSTUNTS
Member since 2010 • 733 Posts
Nintendo has such a massive fanbase across the world it is pretty much one of those too big to fail companies unless they replace mario and pokemon with something stupid
NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NintendoNite
Member since 2010 • 728 Posts
more like they are planting a seed into the ground.
EdenProxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EdenProxy
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

Nintendo will survive. Just expect a console with the same quailty titles as wiis wii fit and wii sports.

JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JordanizPro
[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

No Nintendo is making the right move. They can't afford to put out a console at the same graphical level as Sony and MS can because they are just a gaming company only.. They cant afford to sell systems at huge losses and stay in business....

So instead of waiting they are going to strike first right when MS and Sony are ( for the lack of a better term) caught with their pants down.. They just went through this huge push of motion attachments, MS spending half a billion dollars just marketing theirs, so they are going to have to ride them out for a while, they can't afford to just up and launch a new system out of the blue like Nintendo can right now.

Nintendo might end up having as much as a two year lead and MS and Sony now, which is incredible because if game look a good deal better than the PS3 or 360, and nintendo is able to innovate and add new things etc. developers interest is going to totally be in their favor.

And think about this, Nintendo can have their launch year, which are always sort of lack luster in terms of software... but by year two theyll probably get things really rolling, have a huge library, and a large install base, and heck maybe even drop their prices before MS and Sony finally manage to launch their systems and have to go through their first year software struggle, and will probably be crazy expensive as well.

Nintendo cant afford a graphical system as Sony/MS?Are you serious?All of that money they got from the DS and the Wii should be more than enough to make a powerful console.Dont make excuses for Nintendo
JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JordanizPro
[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

[QUOTE="JordanizPro"]

1. It's 2011 2. Just because they announce it this year, doesn't mean it will be released this year, which brings to the next point 3. It hasn't even been officially announced.funsohng
It hasnt been announced?Dude you would have to be a retard to not know the Wii 2 is already in the making.And i didnt say the console would be released this year but the system is damn near already made so thetech is already dated compared to the xbox 3 and PS4

Well you obviously aren't very good at looking at things in the big picture to think the way you are thinking, so maybe you should develop some critical thinking skills before you go insulting other people

lol dont get mad over the internet.I didnt insult you.
crimsonsabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 crimsonsabre
Member since 2006 • 746 Posts

The wii 1 which sold the most consoles in the history in gaming. Well it was joke to the core crowd. The wii sold so well. Now did that carry on for a long time no, will they be able to do it again, maybe but i'm not sure, personally i'm thinking no

James161324

i think you should check your facts. nintendo sold a total of 84.64 million wiis as of 31 December 2010. still lower than the psone and ps2 my friend

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

1. Who gonna buy a hardcore gaming machine by Nintendo that will be just slightly more powerful than the 360 or PS3, especially when the next systems will just be around the corner.

2. Nintendo doesn't know how to do online or great interfaces. I can pretty much guarantee their online service will harken back to the 90s. Just a step above friend codes (shudders)

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

Yeah, I don't think a gaming company that has been around for like 30 years & who just obliterated the competition sales wise this gen know what they're doing.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

JordanizPro

2014 tech > 2010 tech

Depends if Nvidia or AMD continues to rename thier products.

145ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 145ty
Member since 2005 • 564 Posts

As long as the release with a ATI 5770 or equivelent and 4gb of RAM in their system, it will be a very strong system and keep low cost.

crimsonsabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 crimsonsabre

Yeah, I don't think a gaming company that has been around for like 30 years & who just obliterated the competition sales wise this gen know what they're doing.

Twin-Blade

gamecube. nearly destroyed them and turning them into a third party developer

Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

[QUOTE="Twin-Blade"]

crimsonsabre

You do realize the Gba got them a lot of money and Nintendo actually profited from the Gamecube in the end? lol

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VendettaRed07

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

[QUOTE="JordanizPro"] It hasnt been announced?Dude you would have to be a retard to not know the Wii 2 is already in the making.And i didnt say the console would be released this year but the system is damn near already made so thetech is already dated compared to the xbox 3 and PS4

JordanizPro

Well you obviously aren't very good at looking at things in the big picture to think the way you are thinking, so maybe you should develop some critical thinking skills before you go insulting other people

lol dont get mad over the internet.I didnt insult you.

Its system wars man, I defend my brothers in arms if I feel they are under attack.

JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JordanizPro

Twin-Blade
They just Made a lot of money off of the Wii because of the motion controlls.If it didnt have that it would have turned out like the gamecube.And since the Wii 2 wont have motion controlls they have to rely on games and since there system is dated developers wont make there games on it.Nintendo wll burn next gen
crimsonsabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 crimsonsabre

[QUOTE="crimsonsabre"]

[QUOTE="Twin-Blade"]

Jelley0

You do realize the Gba got them a lot of money and Nintendo actually profited from the Gamecube in the end? lol

gba =/= home consoles.

the gamecube was a sales flop. many years ago, the head of nintendo even said it themselves, if the wii failed, they might turn third party

Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

Ever think that they may release another console in 2014 or 2015? I mean they released the Wii in late 2006 and already have another one probably being launched before Christmas. I wouldn't doubt they could make another in 4 years or so, only took them that long to make the wii2.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

jimmypsn

The Dreamcast was rushed to market due to the Saturn's failure in the West. Sega needed to start over, so they rushed the Dreamcast to the market and they paid a hefty price for it. Japanese developers were angered because the Saturn was doing well in Japan and they did not see a point in Sega putting out a new system. On the other hand, the Dreamcast did well in the West early on but it was swallowed up by the hype of the PS2.

Long story short, Sega took a desperate gamble to stay in the console market. Despite their best efforts, they failed and were forced to become a third-party developer.

Nintendo on the other hand is coming off arguably their most successful generation ever. They have tons of money and were able to take their time developing their next console. Because the Wii is so successful, they can still support it and use it as a bridge as "Project Cafe" is adopted. In addition, Nintendo can ride the hype of having the first new home console in years and being the first one to put out a next generation console.

You can't really compare the two. With the Dreamcast, Sega too a desperate gamble in the hopes of saving themselves. With"Project Cafe" Nintendo is coming off their most successful generation since the SNES era. Unlike Sega, they have money, hype, and can take their time building up their userbase.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VendettaRed07

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

JordanizPro

Nintendo cant afford a graphical system as Sony/MS?Are you serious?All of that money they got from the DS and the Wii should be more than enough to make a powerful console.Dont make excuses for Nintendo

They can't sell it at a loss, which is what MS and Sony do all the time. They need to profit, they can't take the risk because if its not a huge success theyll go under.. Sega was a game only company as well.. they sold the saturn at a loss and even though the dreamcast did well originally it wasn't doing well enough to help them recoop looses enough to stay in the console business

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Twin-Blade

They just Made a lot of money off of the Wii because of the motion controlls.If it didnt have that it would have turned out like the gamecube.And since the Wii 2 wont have motion controlls they have to rely on games and since there system is dated developers wont make there games on it.Nintendo wll burn next genJordanizPro

gamecube. nearly destroyed them and turning them into a third party developercrimsonsabre

That's great & all, but let me just quote my original comment:

Yeah, I don't think a gaming company that has been around for like 30 years & who just obliterated the competition sales wise this gen know what they're doing.Twin-Blade

JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JordanizPro
[QUOTE="Twin-Blade"]

[QUOTE="JordanizPro"]

gamecube. nearly destroyed them and turning them into a third party developercrimsonsabre

That's great & all, but let me just quote my original comment:

Yeah, I don't think a gaming company that has been around for like 30 years & who just obliterated the competition sales wise this gen know what they're doing.Twin-Blade

Yea you obviously cant back up your "original comment" so have to keep posting your "original comment" smh
Urworstnhtmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Urworstnhtmare
Member since 2008 • 2630 Posts

James161324

The Wii hasnt sold the most consoles in the history of gaming.... :roll:

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="super600"]

JordanizPro

2014 tech > 2010 tech

Mistake is not gaining 3rd party support and having a handheld 3DS rivaling a non-handheld Wii.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Releasing in 2012 will give Nintendo a one or two year head start on the others.If the PS2 and Xbox 360 are any indication this plan can work out well. Anyone who believes the MS and Sony consoles will come out with largely superior hardware is deluding themselves. Nintendo is not incapable of putting out competitive hardware just because they went the low tech path with Wii.Releasing both first and third party AAA titlesin the first two years will be the key to Nintendo's success or failure here. If they can convince the casual gamers to upgrade from Wiiand the core gamers to buy their consolebefore the competition's releasethey will be golden.

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Twin-Blade

Yea you obviously cant back up your "original comment" so have to keep posting your "original comment" smhJordanizPro

My comment didn't need backing up. I think Nintendo have a better idea about what they're doing then a random guy posting on an internet forum who doesn't have a clue about their next console other than a few rumours floating around. Hate all you want.

no need to be an a$$

even the mightiest could or shall fall.

lemme give you a word: SONY

crimsonsabre

What about Sony? Last I checked they were doing quite well, or are we determining individual success by comparing it with others? I'm not being an ass, I'm being logical. I'm not predicting doom & gloom when I know nothing about their next console.

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

JordanizPro

2014 tech > 2010 tech

and 2005 tech > 2001 tech... Yet the Wii is the best selling Home video game console... Yeah Nintendo is in the wrong clearly!
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

The wii 1 sold the most consoles in the history in gaming.James161324

*Clears throat*...

PS1 = 102 million sold.

PS2 = 150+ million sold.

The Wii hasn't even reached PS1's numbers yet, & the system is already slowing down to a crawl.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ronvalencia

1. Who gonna buy a hardcore gaming machine by Nintendo that will be just slightly more powerful than the 360 or PS3, especially when the next systems will just be around the corner.

2. Nintendo doesn't know how to do online or great interfaces. I can pretty much guarantee their online service will harken back to the 90s. Just a step above friend codes (shudders)

jimmypsn

If Wii 2 selects Radeon HD 4770 (137mm^2 die size, 640 SP, GDDR5 VMEM Type), it will murder 360 (169 mm^2 die size) and PS3.

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

They could release a crappy system and everyone would buy it for the name.

RICHBOY551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RICHBOY551
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
this sounds familiar *cough* sega *cough* next thing you know super mario galaxy will end up in ps3 and xbox consoles like *cough* sonic *cough*
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

I remember when People called Xbox 360 the next dreamcast
I remember when people doubted motion controls
I remember when people laughed at the name "Wii"
I remember when people dismissed Wii chances of success.
I remember when people thought Nintendo would go third party

Nintendo doesn't always makes the best decisions but so far, the only consistent failures are fanboy predictions...

mariomaster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#49 mariomaster16
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

By them releasing a new console this early will give the edge to Sony/MS because when they release there new console its going to be stronger.Developers arnt going to want to develope for the Wii 2 because of how weak it is and there just going to put there games on the Xbox 3 and PS4.Its like Nintendo didnt learn from the Wii 1 smh

JordanizPro

This is not only the weakest argument I've ever heard, but it's also among the least grammatically correct. As a writer, I can't take seriously an argument with so many mispelled words.

On a more relevant note, this is a good step for Nintendo. Releasing an HD system will allow them to regain the trust of hardcore gamers who have disowned them. Also it's a chance to regain third party support. If it's backwards compatible, they'll be able to continue making the Wii as well, just as Sony still makes PS2 games along with PS3. Just as the PS2 has slowly fazed out, the Wii will be able to do the same. People who buy the new Nintendo system(probably not called the Wii 2, Nintendo is more original than that) will be able to play their favorite games, and quite possibly, transfer games from the Wii Shop. By maintaining the Wii, which is far more affordable for families, heck, for most people, they'll still make a slight profit off of it and extend its life. Nintendo has been a dominant force in the gaming industry for decades, they know what they're doing. This system will be just as, though probably far more, sucessful than the Wii.

Note: I would like to, again, point out that Wii 2 is a very unlikely name.

mamelon2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mamelon2012
Member since 2011 • 309 Posts

1. It's 2011 2. Just because they announce it this year, doesn't mean it will be released this year, which brings to the next point 3. It hasn't even been officially announced.funsohng

Thank you. This about sums up all of these rumors and can logically end all speculation atm.