iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@MirkoS77: Nintendo needs a certain amount buying Amiibos for them to be profitable. Offering a digital option would cause a massive exodus to digital. The physical option would simple die out has history has proved.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17673 Posts

@iandizion713: it is no use arguing with you when you are being proven wrong by the CEO of Nintendo and you still harp on the same old narrative.

You're failing to acknowledge what he's saying, which is people are NOT buying them for their content, but to collect. There would be no mass exodus of sales to digital, and any that were lost would be offset by tons of new digital customers who would additionally decide not to boycott their games.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 iandizion713

@MirkoS77: Seems Nintendo disagrees. And i agree with Nintendo. I like their way of doing things.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17673 Posts

@iandizion713: they disagree with logic and making wise decisions. This isn't new for Nintendo.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 iandizion713

@MirkoS77: Yep, but gotta make money somehow.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#156 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

who cares?

Certain content locked behind a figurine, dems the breaks kid, deal with it.

Want the content but not the figurine? then just resell it or throw it out, nobody says you have to keep it

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

Nintendo's always been, by far, the greediest, shadiest VG company ever.. evah... so, unsurprising I guess. :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#158  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34666 Posts

It really sucks when they lock whole modes, like in Mario Party for Wii U, behind amiibos. That's about the only thing I've seen so far that's really lame. Locking a hard mode behind an amiibo? Yeah, **** that too. The other things have been insignificant enough to not make me care. Save loadout? No problem for me, since I play everything in default settings and changing armor/weapons takes 2 seconds via menu.

I have a Link amiibo, which I enjoy using in BotW (but could do very well without). If I'm getting an amiibo it's mainly just for having on a shelf for nerdness. I do think the price of them is way higher than it should be, but I haven't seen better looking Nintendo figurines for less.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#159 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Can't people just spoof the Amiibos?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#160 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Sheep keep hiding except @iandizion713. Why you hiding now, come on. Say something.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By AzatiS

@metalslimenite said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@metalslimenite said:

They're for dedicated Nintendo fans. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Stop whining just because you don't like amiibos. You're not a Nintendo fan, because if you were, you'd buy them if the content they held bothered you that much.

I have to embrace all of Nintendo's awful practices to be a fan? Only a claim blind fanboyism enables. Even if I wanted these amiibos, what are my chances of even getting one if I decide not to camp outside Gamestop a week prior? It's bad enough that you guys defend this trash, but to ignore or belittle the fact that Nintendo constantly creates DLC, only to bind it to figures that they can't keep in stock and fail to replenish adequately is all the worse....but not at all surprising.

That excuse that they're all super rare, and that you can't find one unless it's a mill online is as weak as your sexual metaphors to describe Nintendo fans. I've noticed a trend from you, going on and on about optional shit. Never about Sony or Microsoft, mind you, only Nintendo. You've said nothing about Microsoft's always online policy, Kinect, Sony's move controllers, PSVR ripoff, lack of PS Vita support and their expensive memory cards, etc. Always Nintendo, and always some sick sexual diatribe about Nintendo fans.

Microsoft and Sony fans are no better. In fact, I'd say they are much worse, given that they pay $60 a year for crappy games they can't keep and access for half of every game they already bought. They buy yearly iterations of slightly better hardware when their masters tell them to. I'm not going to lower myself in to the ghetto dumpster to use explicit sexual language to describe them like you do, but they are being abused none the less.

But please, go ahead and spout your rage at the terrible Nintendo fan, the epitome of evil, the scum of the earth. None of them will give a damn what you think about them though, and anyone who gets so upset over a fanbase that they have to cry on an anonymous gaming forum about them so passionately must need some serious attention from anyone.

I understand your logic and you are right in a lot of things but Nintendo is on another level. I can prove that like writing wall of texts what happened with Nintendo from N64 up to Wii U and what kind of greedy stuff they did along the years that the greediest second is not even close to them.

What makes things amusing to me and thats why im having fun getting sheep irritated is the fact that sheep bypassing EVERYTHING nintendo doing/did wrong in the past. They defending some of the most ridiculous shits ever happened in console gaming history ! I really mean that. In console gaming history plain as that. And it seems they keep going.

And dont you ever try to talk about those things, theyll eat you alive haha. Funny stuff. Though in this thread they dissappeared, damn.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@Litchie: They are cute figures. :)

I wish they weren't locking up content like game modes though.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#163 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@ten_pints said:

Can't people just spoof the Amiibos?

I heard about that but I don't think we're allowed to discuss such things on GS.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@smashed_pinata said:

@jg4xchamp

Ok so you are upset that the DLC is tied to amiibos? Or are you upset that you think they should have included the mode for free with the original game?

Both you clowns, BOTH. Both are bullshit. Quit playing this zero sum game. Breath of the Wild included. The hard mode part should be added for free. Link Between Worlds had a hero mode, why exactly doesn't breath of the wild have an equivalent?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By iandizion713

@jg4xchamp: Cause Breath of the Wild is difficult without it. It doesn't need a hero mode.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

How does an amiibo unlocking hard mode even work? Do you have to go get the amiibo and scan it every time you play the game? Otherwise, why not just get the amiibo and then sell it?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By jg4xchamp
@iandizion713 said:

@jg4xchamp: Cause Breath of the Wild is difficult without it. It doesn't need a hero mode.

To you, sure, to me, not really. Certainly not after you've beaten a dungeon or two.

Also completely irrelevant if the game is hard or not. Ninja Gaiden is hard, doesn't mean it doesn't have a hard mode and a Master Ninja mode to boot.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 iandizion713

@jg4xchamp: Onyeah, we need the ultra, ultra, ultra hard mode. That'll do the trick.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Can you blame Nintendo? They've got marketable characters. The amiboos I don't understand but after the success of SKY Landers wouldn't it be stupid for them not to capitalize? Heck they've even got adults buying them, right?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@heirren said:

Can you blame Nintendo? They've got marketable characters. The amiboos I don't understand but after the success of SKY Landers wouldn't it be stupid for them not to capitalize? Heck they've even got adults buying them, right?

This isn't about cashing in on the kids toys. Let's just say this: Whatever. You don't have to buy them, and if people in eternal arrested development want to get enthusiastic about happy meal toys, like I say, whatever.

But locking content that should be included in the game for free behind said toys? Egregious. Ghastly. Bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@DocSanchez:

I was under the impression the amiboos were just character skin unlocks? You mean there are substantial portions to a game, on disc at release, that is tied to an amiboo purchase?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 DocSanchez

@heirren said:

@DocSanchez:

I was under the impression the amiboos were just character skin unlocks? You mean there are substantial portions to a game, on disc at release, that is tied to an amiboo purchase?

Yes. Read the thread. It's hard mode, fusion mode in metroid, there are game modes locked now behind limited edition kids toys.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@DocSanchez:

And it's said these modes will not be available via update? Or after completion ala Uncharted and many other games?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 DocSanchez

@heirren: it is exclusive to the amiibo according to a few articles I read including Eurogamer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@DocSanchez:

People on this site say Nintendo fans are gullible. Thus far the dlc from Nintendo has been post launch. Added value. I don't own Splatoon but remember reading that it has been bombarded with free updates, and apparently ARMS is being given the same treatment. I like to remind people of the 3DS price point. Nintendos consumer was not happy. Many felt it was not worth the expense. What happened? The price was dropped by $70(!) dollars. This was due to consumer feedback. If feedback on this sort of amiboo wall is profoundly negative, it won't hold.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@metalslimenite:

Just for the reactions Nintendo should have released an amiboo required to get the Switch online. But which character? That's the real question.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@metalslimenite: @metalslimenite:

Nah, those characters have their spots in many games. I was thinking more along the lines of the best long forgotten characters like Frogfucius and Geno. Or maybe put one of the useless characters to good use, like Princess Daisy?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 AzatiS

@heirren said:

@metalslimenite:

Just for the reactions Nintendo should have released an amiboo required to get the Switch online. But which character? That's the real question.

lolol

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 jg4xchamp

@heirren said:

@DocSanchez:

People on this site say Nintendo fans are gullible. Thus far the dlc from Nintendo has been post launch. Added value. I don't own Splatoon but remember reading that it has been bombarded with free updates, and apparently ARMS is being given the same treatment.

Both Splatoon n Arms were light on content in relation to the other games in their genre. They didn't have free updates, they were fucking early access games that get finished a few months after release. In Arms case it lacks the depth of its genres better titles to get away with that shit.

@metalslimenite said:

@heirren: Exactly. I get raked over the coals because I like amiibos

Uh correction, no one raked you over the coals for you enjoying happy meal toys. What you do with your money has little to no impact on my level of happiness. Your shit heel argument "of hur durr other people did this" "You're a fanboy of blank" were what get raked over the coals, because none of them addressed the main point of contention for starters, beyond out right being wrong or shit comparisons to begin with.

That said regardless if you use the dlc or not, you have indirectly supported amiibos having this type of content by buying amiibos to begin with.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@metalslimenite said:

@jg4xchamp: Bullshit. I got raked over the coals because I said something about the high and mighty King Shit of System Wars so his echo crew had to go on the offensive. It's not secret you dislike me because I voted for Solidty over you to win some stupid award years ago. Folks told me you were cryin' about it for days. Get over it and get over yourself you sour little pusscake. Despite it all I still like you, don't know why since we have very little in common.

Me supporting amiibos led to Nintendo putting a difficulty mode behind one? Get cucked. Well, I guess you supporting Gold last gen led to Sony and now Nintendo putting online behind a paywall.

...wtf did I just read

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 DocSanchez

@drlostrib: a meltdown.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 DocSanchez

@heirren: what was gullible about my post? It was a simple fact, and you have betrayed your fanboyism in subsequent posts.

First you change the subject relating to free dlc in half finished games : this isnt Nintendo doing you a favour. Its Nintendo releasing games half done.

Then you attack those who find this a problem. Even suggesting Nintendo hide their online behind an amiibo. Considering how shit it is they may as well have done.

Fanboys gonna fanboy. Nintendo could treat you however they want and you would support them.

They only care about your money feller where is your self respect?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By jg4xchamp

@metalslimenite said:

@jg4xchamp: Bullshit. I got raked over the coals because I said something about the high and mighty King Shit of System Wars so his echo crew had to go on the offensive. It's not secret you dislike me because I voted for Solidty over you to win some stupid award years ago. Folks told me you were cryin' about it for days. Get over it and get over yourself you sour little pusscake. Despite it all I still like you, don't know why since we have very little in common.

Me supporting amiibos led to Nintendo putting a difficulty mode behind one? Get cucked. Well, I guess you supporting Gold last gen led to Sony and now Nintendo putting online behind a paywall.

lol the salt

Me n Solidty are chill, I won the year we were even up and nah get your facts straight I gave no fucks about that award then or now, and I think you're an idiot. Beyond that I don't give enough of a shit about forum jabronis to waste the energy on hating you clowns. And yeah sure, me supporting gold was a bad move. I never denied otherwise lol. Which brings us back to yes, anyone who does purchase amiibos, has indirectly supported amiibo dlc.

But congratulations at this point you have brought up everything else, but address the topic.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

@jg4xchamp: wait wait wait...you need an amiibo to save COD load outs? wtf?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@DocSanchez:

I did not call you gullible. I said people on this site often refer to Nintendo fans as gullible. I then brought up how Nintendo lowered the price of a new system, 3DS, by $70, because of consumer reaction. My point was that this was one of the rare instances where fans put their money where their mouth is and got what they wanted.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 jg4xchamp

@soul_starter said:

The game doesn't save load out options like say battlefield, cod, or any other game with that type of system. But if you buy an amiibo, yes, that amiibo can save what loadout you specifically like.

And these clowns do not get why that is stupid.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@soul_starter said:

The game doesn't save load out options like say battlefield, cod, or any other game with that type of system. But if you buy an amiibo, yes, that amiibo can save what loadout you specifically like.

Good Lord...

I knew Amiibos were DLC, but they straight up bending over for shit like this.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By iandizion713

@Chutebox said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@soul_starter said:

Good Lord...

Nobody even cares about it, its a gimmick. I dont even use the damn thing when i compete. People be so entitled by these handouts nowadays. You want a game like CoD, go find one. We want innovation and fun. Real gamers taking over, were making Nintendo great again.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 jg4xchamp

@Chutebox said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Good Lord...

see what i mean lol

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

@iandizion713 said:
@Chutebox said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@soul_starter said:

Good Lord...

Nobody even cares about it, its a gimmick. I dont even use the damn thing when i compete. People be so entitled by these handouts nowadays. You want a game like CoD, go find one. We want innovation and fun. Real gamers taking over, were making Nintendo great again.

Man you are crazy. But hey, keep supporting it, I'm sure you can get amiibos that unlock half a game in the future. Yay, saving gaming!

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 iandizion713

@soul_starter: As long as its fun, ill try it.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#198  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
@iandizion713 said:

it isn't difficult. maybe you just suck at video games.

hero mode is so barebones that it should have been added for free.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By iandizion713

@princeofshapeir: Breath of the Wild is considered one of the most difficult Zelda's ever made. And guess what, Hero's Mode was free, its free when you buy the DLC Story expansion. But yeah, lets be fanboys and ignore everything else, lets just focus on the childish drama. Everyone wants to be entitled, its so cool.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#200 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@princeofshapeir: Breath of the Wild is considered one of the most difficult Zelda's ever made. And guess what, Hero's Mode was free, its free when you buy the DLC Story expansion. But yeah, lets be fanboys and ignore everything else, lets just focus on the childish drama. Everyone wants to be entitled, its so cool.

Free when you buy something? Wasn't aware the concept of purchasing something was a hard one to grasp.